(2013/05) May 2013

Morning mummies,

Wai Wai,
me oso same as u. Hubby dun like to go town esp Orchard bcos of traffic, carpark, ERP and crowd issues. He will at 1st say ok to go, den when reach there, the face black black, make me no mood to shop anymore. Now I rather go there without him, at least I will have more enjoyable shopping! Wah u lug back wipes! Very heavy le. Is it gd deal at JL sale?

2Ks,
That is a very useful list of herbs! I believe it will be useful for most mummies here. Just curious, if u deliver b4 25-Apr and u need to go kk, then will your bb be delivered by your gynae or other gynae?

Mummies..is there any neighbourhood shop in the west that sell baby stuff like changing mat, container, cotton wool those daily stuff etc? I cant rem jurong got any leh.

Hi,

I'm new in this thread. Anyone brought the baby cot or playpen already? And the stroller too?

Btw, anyone gg to give birth at Gleneagle?

Bbkk: No Problem! Yah. think a lot out of stock already for limited edition.

Burping, leg cramps and feels like vomiting: Anyone feeling like that? so xin ku. Sigh.

pinktulip:from previous taka bb fair. there is no change of free gift. i remembered by almost the end of fair. its finished redeemed. no change of gifts also.
so u might wanna take note. cos if u buy $599, u just a dollar away from the free gift. which i think if u dont want, u can sell it off for at least $50-60?

griny: that is what i prepared for my sis. it might not be enough but that is the basic. cos must see CL wants what also. but anyway the CL should be flexible enough to cook what u had prepared too.

no i wont be delivered by my gynae is my bb comes out premature, unless i go tmc. but i prob will chalk up a huge amount of hospital bill if i go tmc. thats why he gave me a safe date. kkh cos of the subsidies it will be much cheaper and better to deliver premie there.

anyway, i know i be fine la, cos my contractions is irregular type. just have to rest more and walk less lor.

JC: I usually get my baby stuff at Kiddy palace at Jurong Point. With the kiddy palace card got 10% off so price still ok. for stuff like diapers i usually order online cos lazy to lug back the bulky items from supermarket etc. i order from http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/

bbkk - Do you mean Taka is selling the PISA metro bag version? Cos I thought local sets only the kuku backpack version. I'm surprised PISA will be discontinued since so popular recommendation. O_O

2ks: you must not walk so much.. Rest and relax at home..
happy.gif
I also recently Gt BHC. Called up to gyne but he say so long no pain shouldnt be a problem. No HL given.. Sob sob..

Bbkk: I went online to see bugaboo via thru motherworks webby. Do they have shop in Singapore??

Shirley, I called up motherworks.. The price is $1049 without the canopy. But lots of colours to choose from. Just add $100 for canopy. So it still $1149.
But then mothercare only red and yellow selling $1149 with $100 voucher. If u getting red, then u gain from it. Cos u can buy at mothercare.
Motherworks got 2 outlet at tanglin mall and great world city.

Bbkk: oh?! means next time SG no longer have PISA?

Sleepyskies: any updates from the seller? LOL. I transfer her the money yesterday. she haven't revert to me.

Bbkk: ya.. They have a lot colour to choose from.. I might wanna check out at taka fair this weekends den probably will head to tanglin mall to look see look see.. I can't find bee at mothercare at harbourfront outlet. So you cmf doing shipping?

Shirley, taka fair dun have bugaboo. But mothercare sure have bee. I called up n asked. Actually shipping not worth, is the same price.

2K,
Icic…. Bcos I dunno what will normally happen, if its your kind of situation. Understand liao. Hopefully your bb can be guai guai and cooperate! U must take care oso!
I normally oso buy basic herb, then wait until my CL comes, she will go major shopping and marketing with my MIL every weekend, then my poor hubby will become their driver and porter. Only during my confinement, my fridge will be fully occupied!

JC,
If I need the things and the nearest place I will to go to is JP’s Kiddy Place, John Little and fairprice extra. But this time I din sign up for the KP card, bcos this time not so much to buy and I bought a lot from fair. Yes, for diapers and milk powder you can go the Kim Sang, the link Irene provided. Alternatively, you can go to their medical hall Blk 651 next to Pioneer MRT station. They open everyday except on Monday and PH. They are near my home so I dun order from them online. Oso cheaper to buy direct from shop.

Ladies, I saw megababy spree got fridge to go that 2ks intro us. Selling at $35. Those interested maybe can order.

Can I check does Avent sterilizer rust too? Cos yesterday I bought back the same pigeon sterilizer. They told me pigeon got the problem of rusting on metal de. So does Avent too?

Ask you ladies ah.. how much will you spend on bb mattress? less than $100 or will you want to invest in a good mattress?

I have yet to buy one for my bb.. still deciding on which i should get..

Vicvic: ya i think gd mattress is very important for newborn....to avoid buying foam type as it is not long lasting ...

Babysafe latex mattress not bad but the size is slightly bigger than my cot so i didnt buy.

u oso can try to find a type of mattress material done by coconut fiber which is good too. I found it from the last expo baby fair, price $145 but they no more stock for the size i wan, and if I wan hv to go Clementi to get it.

So finally i bought a nylon washable mattress from the fair which is $179. i saw the same mattress from Taka fair yesterday but selling price is $235.

griny, you bery gan ho.. still can lug so many things back by yourself...

2ks, better rest more.

i went taka yesterday. nothing much to buy... still thinking whether to stock up on huggies for the free gift bo. but the free gift not bery tempting this time round leh.

mothercare no q now. the $2 tommy tippee milk bottle is still available. in fact a lot lor... lols..

Vicvic, There is a mattress at taka seem to be a new brand is display near where the beddings is.. Selling playpen size at $149, they do customise size also.. Can go take a look. If I'm not wrong the brand is cozy n bed.. They have pillow n stroller padding too.

for cabinet, i bought the toyogo 5 tier drawer even though i have built in drawer at bb room. cause i find the toyogo pull out drawer more convenient. can push everywhere plus every drawer use to stock up diff stuff. 1 drawer for the diaper, 1 drawer for the romper, 1 drawer for the blanket/swaddle and towel, 1 drawer for the cotton wool, cream ect for cleaning his diaper..

can jus push the drawer to be next to bb cot. :p

vicvic - i bought baby cot that comes with mattress, then i upgrade to latex mattress, total cost $509. (About $100 to upgrade from anti-dustmite mattress)

I din do much research on baby mattresses, but i feel the latex one seems better quality and comfy.

im thinking if i should get fibrelux mattress from the taka fair. it's around $130. tsm, the coconut fibre that you're talking abt is fibrelux right?

tiny, you're referring to loose mattress or those that they sell with cot/playpen?

I heard that babysafe/latex is good too. so don't know if i should get fibrelux or latex one..

Vicvic, I dunno whether coconut fiber is fibrelux ??u try to ask the seller if they can give u advise for fibrelux or latex.
For me, i bought nylon washable type from the fair but then thinking to change to latex type. so i called to the company and the boss (an uncle) is very nice, friendly and very patience, he explained to me the different type mattress and told me can change anytime as long as i didnt open the packaging. he oso selling latex type which is $169, $10 cheaper than that 1 i bought.
At last i decided not to change coz in fact the mattress quality is really good, can feel once touch it.

yea i ask before. but the lady told me that she can't give advice on latex cuz latex refers to another company's product and they can't say anything good/bad abt their competitors so can only tell me the benefit of fibrelux. >.<

the nylon washable type, where did you buy it from?

bbkk : roughly how much is babysafe infant pillow? maybe i can mix and match ah. pillow use babysafe, mattress use fibrelux.. haha.

Bkkk: where's the spree? NEed to buy that though saw in kiddy palace. Oh can add me in FB? I cannot find small small world leh

Vivic: like what Tsm says, mattress must get firm one. Me will try to buy baby safe. Hope can fit into my cot.

Today is mega spring cleaning day at home. Throw throw throw... Just carried huge boxes n put in store room. Oh yes, ikea got sale. Maybe for those who wanna buy stuff can go look look. Me getting high chair and chest of drawers.

wai wai, babysafe mattress can be customised according to yr cot size.
But hor, my IFC only collected $80 from me for buying bb mattress, seem like they will buy the foam type..., a bit 心疼 when thinking my bb will spend day time there.

dunno wor...hv to check with them bah.
same to u, my bb wil be in IFC 3 mths onwards. btw, do u know wat type of clothes hv to bring to them? long sleeves or short sleeves? or rompers?
i bought many long sleeves and long pants for bb coz i think bb wil be in aircon room for whole day....

Xuan - I never hear from the seller lehs..hopefully she gets round to placing the order soon!

Re: baby mattress
I got the mattress that comes together with the cot during the expo babyfair. initially wanted to get the latex mattress which is the most exp but the saleslady said foam with holes is more than good enough. ended up we chose the 4" anti-bacterial foam mattress with holes which is the 2nd most exp (most exp is 3" latex). nw thinking if we shld change to latex since most mommies say its better for baby..

Re: infant pillow
I got the babysafe contour infant pillow during the expo fair as well..it's a contour type which supposedly is good for baby and most imptly, it avoids the flattening of bb's head. haha. got it for $17 if I rem correctly and each pillow cover is $7. .

tsm: I also dunno cos she is my first bb... Maybe pass them some swaddle cloth as blanket if cold? Me still waiting for IFC to call me back to confirm. One PCF think still got vacancies and one My First skool on waiting list. Dun buy too many first leh... They say cos dunno size of baby yet... Later too small

wai wai, keke ya we are first time mummy many things dunno and need advice. I oso put name udr two PCF nearest to my hse but seems no news and so I paid reg&amp;deposit fees to Cherrie Heart below my office. u might need to call them to check for the vacancy.
I scare later no time to bring bb out for shopping le, somemore mostly my hubby wil go few weeks oversea business trip aft my confinement...so better to hv some 1st.

vivvic, i Bought the infant pillow at kiddy palace, i think about $26. mine is not the hole in the center one, i find that one a bit too thick. u try to see got the flat type. very comfortable.

waiwai: how firm is suitable for infant and how firm will be too firm? haha. judging with our own hand don't seem to be accurate lei. firmness is subjective.. i've seen both fibrelux and babysafe. fibrelux like more firm imo.

most probably will go taka fair to settle everything since there's free delivery if purchase abv $150. tummy getting bigger, too tired to walk around anymore.. lol.

Vivic I also dunno too but based in forum, both seem equally good. If u wanna buy toys, maybe those that can be washed and hang at cot mobile??? Rattle toys? Last time I bought a squeeze hand toy For my nephew

wrt mattress:

the coconut mattress shld be the fibrelux right? thought when buying bb cot, they'll usu incl the mattress? When we bot the bb cot back then, they included the coconut fibre mattress.. v firm..

we bot the babysafe latex mattress on our own ltr.. find tt tis softer and there's holes in the mattress, wh's supposedly to be safer for bb, even if they slp on their tummies coz tis like wont suffocate, tt's what we read previously..

for customised latex mattress, can ref to this webby.. http://www.sofzsleep.net/sleep-menu/latex-mattress/

wrt IFC aircon, the IFC will ask the parents to bring the blankies over de.. prev we kiasu, scared bb will be v cold, then brought over those adult type of blanket (single pax type but v heavy and warm), then the caregivers said cannot coz if bb kick etc and the blankie cover their face then cham.. -_-

Or wanna hk with the IFC if can give them slping bag or not?

IFC mattress still not too bad, tis the CC mattress tt's v jialat, thin and then with tt PVC cover, sometimes can be quite hot (tho we will need to provide the mattress cover)..

Btw, can check with Mummies here, do yall experience stabbing pain at the lower back? The pain's v irritating and makes standing up fr the sitting position v unbearable.. -_-

waiwai : so far i only bought 1 x squeaky toy (those that you squeeze and they will squeak), and a set of rattle 'watch' &amp; socks from ebay at around $12. I saw them being sold at $20++ at retail outlets here. Am thinking if i should buy more toys but most toys state 3mths +, like a bit kiasu to buy now ah..

bewildered : cuz i plan to buy mattress only due to limited space in room. so you prefer babysafe to fibrelux? the promoter of fibrelux told me that the matress is breathable, won't suffocate bb as the fibre inside is not compact.. and when bb pees on it, all you need to do is pour water and let it dry as the fibre inside won't absorb/retain water.. btw, will latex mattress gets warm if bb slps on it for v long?

alamak, headache.. haaha.

<font color="aa00aa">sian. hitting week 29 already then start to feel unwell. Keep having heartburn, burping, giddiness and vomiting!! =(

Today vomit before lunch. burp only, all the gastric juice rush up my throat. cannot control and vomited everything. even now, can feel my chest so uneasy sigh. anyone experiencing this now? </font>
kao_cry.gif

<font color="aa00aa">♥✯✿ (bewildered: where did you buy your babysafe mattress? and how much did you pay for it??</font>

Vivic, u need to buy one or two mattress protector to put between bed sheet n mattress I think in case baby pees lah... Cotton feeling one but waterproof...

Xuan: my reflux comes and attack like mad Liao... Every nite take medicine... But still cannot sleep due to bladder. Me week 29 approaching 30. No joke. So today I got a bit of energy quicky do a lot at home plus mop and sweep floor. Scared later worse

Back