2012 Twins

Joanne, i think as long as they are above 2kg, can breath properly themselves, can eat properly, then no need NICU liao.

Dun worry about them having no space lah. there r ppl with triplets, quadruplets and even sixtuplets! most of them r born due to mom's body cannot take it, never heard got no space! hehehe

Heartbeats. in Singapore, anything above 2.5cm is considered normal. But if u look online, anything below 3cm is considered risky already. But then again, they say cervix length cannot be used to determine if u got incompetent cervix. And unfortunately, unless u've experienced a miscarriage due to incompetent cervix, Its not considered a risk unless ur cervix is below 2.5cm

Hi, for those who are wondering about bb need NICU or not...what i heard from my gynae previously was that as long as their weight is near 2kg (+/- abit) and everything function ok (except jaundice i guess), then no need NICU..so of coz weight above 2kg might be a safe gauge...but i also heard from my gynae that she delivered a twins with weight 2.2 and 1.9 kg, e smaller bb dun need NICU too...that's y most gynae will ask us to take e injection to boost bb lungs just in case they are premature remember?

so even if u deliver before 37 weeks, it might not mean that ur bb need special care, just make sure u eating well and rest well, so bb can grow well! =)

Hi serene
Oh.. Kkh oways do detail scan for twin mummy? Tts gd..;)
I am fr tmc n hope my gynea can check the detail too.. Lucky u go for the detail scan else how will we know bbies r in distress right? Wht a close shave.. Wonder shd i change hospital??? Happy for u tt ur bbiesccan discharge soon.. So no tubing on them right? Btw, take this period to rest well n do a gd confinement so tt when bbies back home, u can take care them..;) u engage confinement lady? Think is better to call her in after bbies discharge... Btw, did u keep bbies cord blood or donate it? Rest well gal..

Thk u raytcz n shiko for ur kind advise.. Will pray hard tt bbies can born on at least at 36th wks..;)

Hi hb
How many wks r u now? Jiayou!!

Joanne, we already made an appointment with kkh. will be seeing current gynae at mount e n kkh together. my gynae say if any happens before 35 weeks, go to kkh.

My fren had a premie with TMC, he told me his bills was $17k-18k. And when he told them he could not pay 1 whole lump sum, they told him that he can owe bank money, but cannot owe pte hospital money. n gave him a OCBC bank credit card brochure.

My babies both on tube feeding as they dun wan them to lose energy sucking Kkh say let them feed through tube surely eat and gain weight faster. Special care is not nicu. Anyway one of my babies being monitored for jaundice. They say very very common. But I know they are in good hands. The nurses looking after them very nice and gentle.

I kept one cord as the smaller twin cord not enough blood so keep also no use. Kkh will do detail every two weeks into third tri for twins. I also feel very lucky to detect fetal distress in time, cannot imagine losing one of them if undetected for even 1 more day.

can I check how much u all can pump on average at week 6? i pump regularly every 3-4 hrs, my supply is quite constant but as my bb starting to eat more now, afraid its not enough for them now let alone to store for next time after i start working!

any mummies can share how we can have enough supply for bb now and yet start on EBM bank?

Hi raykiel
Oh.. So u will start see two gyneas fr 3rd trimester onwards?? Which gynea u goes to? Kkh ok with us go see them at 3rd trimester? After seeing wht serene been thru.. I oso feel tt is gd to go kkh since they oways do detail scan in case bbies no feeling gd...dun think private gynea will be doing detail scan so frequently right?

Hi serene
U see doc June since u test positive? Or u seeing two gyneas too?

Oops.. Sorry, my posts is for Raytcz n not raykiel.. Paiseh..

Hi serene
I see.. So ur scan is every two wks once at 3rd trimester? Is doc June tan good? Does she has night clinic in kkh private suite? Thk u..

Hi joanne, There are pte gynaes who do detail scans lah. Pay more lor. lol. My gynae is Dr. S.C. chew from Mount E. I think ever since our 2nd trimester, He's been doing detailed scans n 3d scans on us. i didn't even know he was doing the CT scan cos it was no different fro every visit! Each visit is 10-15mins! But of cos.....the price also -_-!!! But becos we've had 3 miscarriages already, we do not mind paying more to visit him cos he really makes us feel good after every visit!

To go visit government hospital is also suggested by my gynae. He kept assuring us its ok. My friend who works in a hospital even told me to just walk in to kkh if anything were to happen early. They have to take u in no matter what. N if u cannot afford to pay, everything can be discussed.

Did your gynae ever mention anything about going to government hospital to u? You gynae is based in TMC? Or those with the $600 package?

Hi,Serene
Glad to kn tt both of yr babies r fine n can go home soon,u will do BF?and get any BM now?
Hi,Joanne
Babies weight,my last time 'check at 31wk, showed tt one was 1.9 kg,another one was 1.6 kg,300g different between them,but gynae didn't say anything,so I think it's still ok.will go to check this coming Thursday, hope both of them r above 2 kg,then I will be less worried.
I also go to KKH,but may different doc gives different instruction?i didn't do detailed scan every two weeks,even at this stage now,I do check up every three weeks,but I m a bit worried now,may will ask for more frequent visit...

Hi Raytcz
My gynea was formerly fr kkh n he says if early,he can go kkh to deliver for me but i doubt so whether he can really go woah... I think i will just let my gynea know in my next checkup and request for more checkup instead of go to two gynea.. ;)

Hi bon bon
U r at 34th wk now? How r u feeling now? Still working or start resting at home already? U must be feeling heavy now... N get excited tt ur bbies r arriving soon..;) Me already start feel heavy n cant walk too much now.. As we progress to 3rd trimester, tend to hv more worried again like when in first trimester... Lets pray hard all goes well with smooth delivery of our bundle of joy for all of us here..;)

Hi gals
Just curious, do u start seeing ur gynea biweekly after u reach 3rd trimester?

My gynae was from tmc I with him till 30 weeks then I admitted to tmc for contractions and my gynae referred me to kkh (gave referral letter to June tan) then I follow up at kkh cose scared preterm I managed to hold till 33 weeks 3 days.

On the day I gave birth, two other sets of twins were born via emergency c sect at 33 weeks. All our babies in special care now. In fact, I see so many twins at special care, all labelled as tw1 tw2..

I establishing milk supply now, milk coming but only enough to feed one. Pumping very 3 hourly as advised by kkh.

The weight via ultrasound not accurate. During scan my babies were 1.8kg and 2.1 kg but come out only 1.65kg and 1.98kg. Allow for babies actual weight to be lower by 200g I was told. So to be really safe, baby ultrasound 2.2kg better.

My babies both treated for jaundice now, very common among preterm babies on 3rd to 5th day after birth.

Dr June tan is excellent, professional and very caring. I always see her at clinic A not sure about the night clinic in private suit thing. She recommended me to get a binder from kkh after 2nd day and I could get up to walk from then on with the help of the binder. Another twin mum who gave birth on the same day still couldn't walk on the 5th day as no one recommended her to buy that. So I was really grateful. I stayed 4 days 3 nights.

But to have June tan operate on you, hv to choose a1 or b2 ward otherwise will be team of doc on duty. The reason I choose kkh is because of their neonatal facilities and manpower when it comes to emergency. I must say they are really gd with handling preterm babies. Not so sure private hospital hv that.

hi all, i'm also a twin mummy due in Aug. i have been a silent reader all these while.

my gf also advised me to open a file in KK in case of premature delivery......any recommendation for a gynae in KK? my gynae is at thomson & i asked for her advice...she said i can do that if i want cos it's cheaper in the event of a premature delivery....

Hey Serene I also gave birth just 15 apr week 30+3 days but my babies are small 1.2 & 1.4 both were in nicu but the didi transfer to special care already.. Today their 8th day in Kkh..
Serene I might bump into u ;) tried to pm u but u don't accept pm do email me [email protected] if u want to catch up ya?

Breastmilk supply thankfully Is good.. U gals can ask for domperidom and fenugreek it helped alot I expressed about 500ml a day pump every 3-4 hrs

Posted on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 9:25 am:       
Joleen, I think we are at the same stage!

1. Singapore toy rental 29 wks 2 boys 1 sac identical twins Kkh - delivered 15 apr kkh
2. Serene (shen0005) 32 weeks 2 boys 2 sacs identical twins Tmc
3. jolin2012 15wks (gender dunno yet) 1 sac identical twins MtA
4. Ariadne 15weeks (gender dunno yet) 2 sacs, fraternal twins Glen

Hi ladies

Needs your advice.

I am 7th week pregnant, and have 2 individual sac.
Sac 1 is ard 10mm
Sac 2 is ard 6mm
Sac 1 detected with heart beat, but sac 2 don't have. nurse and doc me maybe sac 2 is slower hence may or may not detect heart beat .
My next scan is one week later, so I wonder any ladies here experience the same as me? That sac 2 heartbeat is heard a week later ?

Hopes, i have similar experience, 1 sac size smaller than the other at week 6. But should not use sac size to compare, should compare the embryo size (fetal pole).

The one with heartbeat is how many mm? The one havent detect heartbeat, is there a 2mm fetal pole? Note that heartbeats are normally detectable only when fetal pole is over 3mm (generally close to 5mm) so could be your smaller twin still too small to detect though the heart may already have started beating. If the difference between the 2 fetal poles is just a few mm, its ok, could be they implanted on different days and thats normal.

And as long as both healthy, the smaller twin will eventually catch up so no need to worry.

For my case, the smaller sac eventually caught up, now both same sac size. As for fetal poles, mine were measuring about 3 mm difference. Today they are still +/- 3 mm difference which is ok, just means they implanted about 1~2 days difference.

Hi serene
When ur gynea detect contraction at 30th wks, did he do a detail scan for u? So u still discharge n rest at home till wk 33?? Also,may i know the brand of the binder u using? Happy for u that all goes well for u n ur twins.. Thk u for ur kind advise..;)

Hi ladies, I'm a newbie here. 33 weeks + 1 today. My gynae just put me on bed rest bec twins have asymmetric iugr so hoping that the bed rest will help them catch up. I'm really quite worried - any mummies here with the same experience?

Singapore, I accept pm.. U try again.
Hi Joanne, he did the foetal monitoring for heartbeats and contractions in the delivery ward for me. I was discharged in one day and held till 33weeks 3 days. Binder is dale.
Hi ling, my twin 2 have intrauterine growth retardation too but was detected only after c sect, before that both same size. I think it's due to cord prob for my case as twin 2 very active and maybe pull his own cord.

Hi All,

I have been silently reading for some time. I am now in my 17 week and seeing a gynae at Glen. After reading through the posts, it seems that it is more advisable to also see another gynae at KKH in case of premature birth.

Is Dr June Tan from KKH private suite good? How do we start our appointment with KKH? Do we just call KKH that we want to make an appointment? When will be good to start going to KKH too?

Btw, I will like to seek some advise too. I have been informed that I will need to travel to UK for work in my 20 weeks. Do you think it is safe to do so or should I just tell my boss no flying for me?

Since with twins, we are all more prone to early contractions. By when should we all stop flying just in case?

Hope to gain some advise from you all.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,serene
Thx fr yr sharing n advise
happy.gif
Hi,Joanne
I m 33wk+4 today,n stopped work frm early stage bcz of bleeding at the time.now i got v bad swollen feet n legs,feel hard to walk n sleep.i m also keeping worry at this stage,ya,we shld pray tt all goes well
happy.gif
Hi,Ling
We r almost at the same stage,ur twins r identical or fraternal?mine r fraternal n they also got different size,but my gynae in KK didn't mention any prob about tt,so I wasn't worried.Since yr gynae asked u to be on bed rest,then u just do it,yr babies may catch up,don't worry too much on this.
Hi,Ariadne
Last time I changed frm Glen to KKH also in 2nd trimester,n I just called KKH directly to make appt with a doc,maybe u can try first?
For travel,I think u d better check w yr gynae first, bcz he shld be the person who kns yr condition better.

Hi Serene, is your twin 2 ok now then? Btw, where can I buy the binder you mentioned?

Hi bonbonxiang, mine are fraternal.

Looks like a lot of mummies switched to kkh. My gynae hasn't said a thing. Wonder if I shd broach it.

Hi Bonbonxiang,

Thanks for your reply. I am now toying with the idea of also seeing a gynae at KKH just in case. HOw far into 2nd trimester then you go KKH? Did you change fully from one gynae to the other or seeing both at the same time?

Any good gynae who is experienced in multiples birth in KKH to recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ling, my twin 2 much better now no more jaundice and feeding well. The binder available at Kkh pharmacy.

June tan at Kkh is very gd. She specialize in multiple preg and is head of 2 departments can search her on Internet. She has an added degree in fetal medicine which not many gynae has. Stitching wise I not sure as my wound still covered but I dun really feel pain on wound so I think she did a good job.

Hi Serene,

Glad that your twin2 is getting better.
happy.gif

How do I make an appointment with June Tan? Do I just call KKH general line? What are her charges like?

Did you have a csect?

Hi Serene
Thks for ur advise..;) take care.. Btw, what is intrauterine growth retardation? Whts the sympton? Is it one of the bb grow smaller?

Hi bonbon
Gd tt u will soon see ur bbies..;)

Btw gals, i notice can only feel my bbies move in my tummy these two days (late twenty week now) instead of the kicking feeling in the early twenty plus week.. Is this normal? Is it due to no space for them so they move only instead of kicking? Abit worry as dun feel they kick so frequent these few days.. Pls help n advise... Thk u...

Hi,Joanne
Fr babies moving,I think it's normal tt they change movement as they r bigger.fr my babies,one liked to move like"swimming",another one alwys didnt like move.i was also worried before.but now at my stage both of them change to slightly kicking,not so frequent also,I guess tt maybe they get smaller space as they grow bigger.i think as long as they move n they r fine at every checkup,then shld be ok.So don't worry.
Hi,Ariadne
I switched to KK ard 18 to19 weeks,n I fully changed,didn't go to two gynaes at the same time.
Hi,serene,
Do u mind to share yr hospital bag list?as first time mummy,I m not sure what's the necessary stuff I need bring. fr c-sect,can advise what we shld pay attention in hospital n after discharge ? Like we can eat or move immediately or not?thanks!
Hi, ling
My yesterday's check up showed tt my babies'weight r 500g difference alrdy,but the doc still said its ok,I m a bit worried.what's yr babies weight now?

Hi Bonbon, at last check at 32+2, it was 1.7 and 1.55. Apparently both are off the charts Ie too small and not so much that big difference...

Hi ling
R u bed resting at home now or still working?

Hi bonbon
Thks for ur advise..;) my tcm Say worry i will give birth at wk32-34 due to hv big bbies.. Worries again.. Hope time flies faster n they can be in me till at least 34th wk before give birth to them healthily..;)

Hi Joanne, am on mc at home now.

You're lucky your 'problem' is big babies! Most twins I know are too small... Hopefully can even hold till 36 weeks which I read is considered full term for twins.

Hi ling
U start rest at home fr what wk of pregnancy? Me hope gynea can give one mth HL leave..;p am glad i hv big babies but oso worry if give birth to them at 34th wk,if their size ok but lung not full develop yet oso hv to goto special care right? Soon will be ur turn to pop.. So happy for u..

I start have diffculty sit in office whole day, not sure u gals experience same or not? If sit slotch, my tail bone pain, if sit straight, back pain n bbies keep kick as no space.. Walk oso cant walk for long...how u gals manage to survive sit in office huh at 3rd trimester? Any advise welcome...;)

Hi, I am also twin mummy...

Didn't know that there are so many issues with having twins... I always keep an open mind and let everything be natural.

Are u all going for natural or C-sect??

I am thinking of changing gynae in KKH as well. Currently with Dr HH Tan... if he can't meet my c-sec date, i will change him.

I am at my week 28... still have 12 weeks more... to edd...

Have not been on this thread for sometime. Thanks to some mummies for gynae recommendations. Just to share, chan kh is charging 16k for c sec for twins.

Am in week 17+, still very headache with gynae.

Am considerating kkh in case of pre term bb, heard kk have best care for bb n hope to lower my bill.

But am keen to go private at kk so tat I can choose my own gynae n I prefer to b in single bed. Will me n bb still get subsidies? My previous 2 pregnancies were at glen n I completely no idea on kk.

Btw, June tan pro natural? My previous 2 are natural delivery n my bb out after 3.5 hrs n 45mins after gynae break water bag, so am those easy natural deliver person. Am very scared of epi n c sec.

I also visited gordan tan, really disappointed with both dr n clinic assistant, they got my gestation period wrong n edd wrong hence I do not uv accurate triple test result n am going to do the test again.

Am so worried about pre term bb that I was intending to go on mc or leave at week say 25 onwards, is it too kiasu? I intend to take utrogstan till delivery. I uv been taking since 7weeks due to bleeding.

Hi all,

I'm 25 wk+ and have been on bed rest for abt two weeks now. I've a 21 mths tod too. Expecting identical twin girls in mid July (36 weeks). Could those w csection exp share abt their recovery? How to recover fast and well esp w our Chinese confinement?

Hi Shiko, I'm w dr joycelyn Wong too! How are your boys doing? How were your charges like?

Hi beautiful seeds, I'm a vegetarian too! Could you share w me on how to increase milk supply?

Hi Skyanne
My boys are doing ok but start to be cranky nowadays. But they are having "windy stomach" now so sometimes tend to cry abit
sad.gif
taking care of twins really not easy, i have hired a maid and with my hubby and mother in law visit us often, i still feel short of manpower!!! >.<

average cost for my check up (with scan and urine test) was abt 150-200+, depend if u are getting vitamins. I will encourage u to apply FBI card if u havent do so, tho there is no discount for check up, but there is discount for doing 3D/4D scan @ TMC and also delivery ward if u choose to deliver @ TMC =)

hi everyone

our gynae just told us that we going to have twin. we were so happy and lost.Now the risk is higher... we dont know what to do...our gynae might need to refer us to KKH after our next appointmrnt.(next appointment we will know the gender of the twin) we have been seeing our gynae since day one....if change to KKH then who shall we see...

Hi Shiko,

Thanks for that! Did you manage to bf them?
Yup, I think we really need all the help we can get. Will be getting a maid in soon, together w my mom who is staying with me.
Yup, my consultation charges are roughly there too. Though more visits due to early contractions. Any complications you had? What abt your delivery charges?

Hi Joanne, I got mc from end 32 weeks. I still hope I can wait till 37 weeks to deliver so the bubs have a cance to grow bigger. Another growth scan this wed which will determine if I need to deliver at once - quite worried. Hopefully growth rate this time round has improved.

Hi Skyanne
right now i am still bf but i pumping out instead of let them latch on. i can get around 1000 ml each day after confinement month but as my boys start to eat more, i alt with formula milk.

lucky for me, i didnt have any complication, nor swollen feet or anything, my current weight is even lighter than before i was preggy! all thanks to my 2 boys who been "torturing" me these weeks...>.<

anw, i stayed in single premier rm @ TMC (i actu opt for single rm but was not available when i admitted) my delivery charge was abt 12k in total, after deducted 6+k from medisave, we paid 5.7k in cash..

To all mummies
my boys are having windy stomach and 1 of them i suspect is having acid reflux, as that boy drinks more breastmilk than the other, could my breastmilk casued it? Hubby actually suggested to stop bf for few days, but i afraid bb would eventually reject bm if he taste formula milk too much...what should i do?? >.<

Hi Shiko,

Good for the babies that you can pump out this much after a month! ;) Your delivery was epidural plus csection (2 nights) at TMC right? How big were your babies at 37 weeks delivery? Lucky you w no complications at all! Are you going to be a sahm?

I feel it might not be your breastmilk but rather your diet? Perhaps hes sensitive to something that you ate? Cos both have diff bodies, one might be able to take it while the other might not? Must burp long enough for the windy stomach too. His poo poo regular ma?

Hi everyone! Very nice to find a thread here on twins due this year. It's nice to know fellow twin mummies.

I'm past my first trimester, how far along is everyone?

There are so many things to think about - from what to buy, childcare, breastfeeding etc
happy.gif
I hope to learn from all your sharing!

Hi ling
I see.. How many wks r u now? Soon u will be reaching wk 37.. Jiayou..;) how many growth scan hv u been doing so far? As i just did once at wk 25 so wonder are we still need to do it? Jiayou... Hope to hear ur gd news soon.. Update us ur bbies weight after ur scan tomorow..
happy.gif
all ur purchase done?

hi skyanne,
welcome!
my mum did confinement for me. she cook lots of green vegetables for lunch &amp; dinner. In the morning, i eat 5-grain porridge, home made brown rice with sesame (like 芝麻糊) or anmum + milo with instant oat. To increase milk supply, i feel that anmum lacta is quite gd. but dun have chocolate flavour, so add a lot of milo to make it tastier. i heard black sesame is gd too. but anyway, my milk supply is not very high to start with and somemore i've returned to work, only express 3 times a day. i now express about 700ml in total a day. so daytime my girls drink EBM, night time feed them formula. with formula they can sleep thru the night from 6wks onwards.
i was quite severely anaemic at the time i delivered. red blood count was only 7! (usually i'm a little anaemic, blood count at 11). apparently, my girls took all the nutrients. so had blood transfusion just before i delivered my girls. After birth, i continue taking vitB &amp; folic acid. We vegetarians need to take lots of vitB.

hi shiko,
my gals have similar situation when they were 1 month plus. reflux is quite common in small bbs cos their sotmach small. PD advise to give lesser milk each feed, but feed every 2hrs. Dr also gave a med called "rid wind". its a cheap medicine(about $5) available off the shelf at pharmacy. I spent $80+ seeing PD but med is only $5 lor. just need to add the med into milk. after drinking, my gals burp alot and its those very loud type.
i agree with skyanne that sometimes might be due to diet. when i take too much soya bean milk or if i took lesser ginger on that day, my gals seems to have more wind.

Hi Skyanne,
ya mine was c-sect with epi but i stayed 4D3N, think that is usually how long ppl stay for c-sect. My bb were 2.3 &amp; 2.5kg respectively at birth and for e time being, i never tot of being a sahm, afterall expenses for 2 bb at same time can be quite scary...haha...but well, my colleagues they all are guessing i'll be next 1 to quit in my office =P

as for my bb's windy stomach, we brought him to see PD again. As his weight gain is normal, PD said then just leave it and monitor, but taught us how to ease e problem by burping bb for longer time after feeding and carry him straight at least half an hr after each feed. Give lesser milk and feed more regularly is also 1 of e ways.

Hi beautifulseeds,
my bb actu been taking rid wind for a while le, but the windiness is still there, his stomach is quite bloated and often he'll stretch so hard that it sound like he is not feeling well...tho he'll vomit some milk/acid sometimes, but is v small amt so at least milk is still being absorbed.

Ya, i agree that my diet should be the reason since this bb take mostly breastmilk compared to my the other boy, so now i am watching my diet but so many food that will caused windiness, sometimes even i eat le i also dunno...hai....>.<

Back