2012 Twins

Hi 2012 Twins Mummies, I realised that there isn't a thread for 2012 Twins yet, so I thought I might as well get the ball rolling..to get some company =)

Hi, I'm a 2011 twin mummy with a my Brestfriend twin nursing pillow to let go. It's in very good condition as my twins do not feed simultaneously and hence did not use it much. If interested, please email me at [email protected].

Hi mummies!! Nice to meet all of u! My edd june 22 but 34weeks in may need to c sec to deliver.. Very stressed Coz nv c sec before. At Kkh twins clinic now..week 16 tummy finally showing. Ms is double dose and appetite quite bad.. Sigh. Me having mc identical twins Duno gender yet.. What type of twins are u all having?

If we have twins can we still go for natural delivery??

Singapore toy : wat do u mean wat kind of twins we are having? Sun quite understand ur question.

My ms was bad, suffer severe dehydration ended hospitalize with 6 packs of drips... Vomit was super intense....

Depends on which type of twins u have, if they share the same sac or have separate sacs..some twins can be delivered naturally. Mine cannot their share the same sac so high risk.

Audrey poor u..Jiayou will be better soon. Try Ribena and fruit juice?

I tot I was bad..my weight now is less than my pre pregnancy weight..my ms getting better now at week 17.. Hopefully can eat more soon. Can't take fish milk or much rice. My first pregnancy I could eat anything..

This topic is running slowly....

Twins mummies, do u all have baby dance when having twins?? At which Trimester u had babydance??

Hi fellow twin MTBs.

I jus passed week 9 so still v early. Hope to learn more fm all of u who seem more 'advanced' in your pregnancies
happy.gif

Hi twin mummies! I'm 34 wks now. My EDD is on 21 Feb. But my identical girls should be out in Jan. Hope they can hang on till 36 wks or later.

Hi,

I'm into my 11th week now. My EDD is on 3rd Aug 2012, not sure my fraternal twins are boy or girl. Still feeling nausea and tired, cant wait for first 3 mths to be over.

Hi any experience twin mummy here?? I need help to decide on buying a twin stroller or go for 2 single one. Also any good car seat to recommend?
Thanks

Hi,

I am a mummy of 3 yr old identical boys, who shared same placenta but with 2 sacs. Totally understand all of your worries but hang in there, clear a milestone at a time, gd luck!

I had side by side twin stroller for sure, how often you get to buy such a stroller, super cute when 2 of them sit side by side. I also had a single stroller in case only 1 needs to go out (eg see dr).

BTW, I do have a useful twin book which I read when I was pregnant, always gd to be informative!

https://picasaweb.google.com/115979259585915689831/PregnancyMiscEmailVinegalHotmailComIfKeenToBuy#5564483769696606082

Or if you are looking at cheap but gd quality pre-loved items, take a look at my site too.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115979259585915689831

Hi,
i'm into 28 weeks now...my EDD is 5th April... will be having identical girls...
happy.gif

hoping my girls will be able to wait till at least 37weeks... heard the hospital bill will be a bomb if premature... quite worried about it...
any MTB has the same worries?

hi mummies...
do you all need to do detailed scans every month?
besides the regular scan at the gynae, i also have to go to NUH and do detailed scans every month now... they mentioned that need to monitor the baby growth in case 1 grow bigger than the other...thankfully my 2 girls dont differ alot.

hi mumm2be,
I'm 35 weeks now, expecting identical girls too
happy.gif
my girls are sharing the same placenta so closely monitored for twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS). my detailed scans in 3rd trimester were every 2 weeks and was done by a special team of Drs that take care of twin/multiple pregnancy at SGH. i'm glad that my girls r now at 2.5kg and 2kg. so hopefully can hold on till 36 or 37 weeks. you don't worry too much, just eat well and rest well!
happy.gif

Hi Beautiful seeds glad to hear your girls are well, I have the same situation as you and dr mentioned have to c sec at 34 weeks..glad to hear that you can tahan till 35 weeks I hope I can too! Mine are identical twins same placenta too so high risk.. Now every 2 weeks Monitor too.. Shd be boys confirming this week am 18weeks now..The bills for the babies Shd be ex...$$$

hi beautiful seeds,
my girls are sharing the same placenta too... guess for the same reason that have to monitor closely.
great that your girls are at good weigth now... and you are only 2 more weeks away from full term! thats great...
happy.gif
ur girl will hang on!
happy.gif

singapore toy rental,
you are only at 18weeks and ur dr already said need to c-sec at week 34? why? i mean base on what judgement to say at week 34? i tot its depends on the babies' growth along later part of the pregnancy?

Duno leh that's what doctor told me to be prepared.. I hope they will hang in there as long as they can! So exciting to be having twins right? I always wanted 3 kids so guess I got my wish! How about you ladies? Are your twins your first born?
I just hope I can breastfeed them well like my first child, not easy I heard from my friends who had twins but hope I can! Sleepless nights x2.. :p is there really a need to get the twin Breastfeeding pillow? Any other alternatives?

Hi all
Do u get a cl who take care of twins? Do u hire maid already? How long is the process to hire a maid? My cl say she wants the maid to help take care one bb at night and she will help take care two only at day time and hsework will be done by maid so she charge only $2900.. Is this rate normal? Is this arrangement ok to hv maid take care one at night?? Thk u all...

Hi vine, thanks for your advice. Me too think twin stroller is better but many told me is not convience when going for shopping as they dun fit in some doors or crowd place or escalator. This is my first pregnancy don't have experience with bb now one shot comes 2 starting to freak out.. Everything got too double up. I'm in my 29 wks with a boy n a girl. Guess they would b sharing alot of things. So are yours by c- section ?

Singapore toy rental,
At 18wks, usually gynae won't be able to tell if it's c sect cos bbs position kept changing. My girls kept turning in last trimester. Sometimes twin1 head down, twin2 breech.2 wks later, the other way round. Only at 33 wks, gynae then more or less quite sure bbs no space to turn. My girls r both head down so should b able to try for natural delivery.

I'm using Big Flopsy pregnancy support pillow that can also b used as nursing pillow. Was told by the sale person that it can b used to breastfeed twins too. Provides very gd support for sleeping now.
http://babymeadows.com.sg/brands/red-castle/red-castle-big-flopsy-multi-purpose-cushion/red-castle-big-flopsy-organic.html#.Txb60mc6si1

Joanne,
I just hired a maid to help out my mum during confinement. Hubby will b taking 2 wks leave just in case my mum & maid can't cope. Had and heard bad experience with confinement lady. Sometimes, they like to do things their way, which can b frustrating. Even if they take care of 1 bb at night, some may still request to take afternoon nap. Must b prepared to close one eye. It's best to define tasks list clearly for both CL & maid. My sis in law also hired CL when she delivered her twins. The CL end up bully maid, ask maid do her work. The process to get a fresh Indonesia maid is abt 4-6wks. But plan to get the maid in at least 1 mth before u deliver so that u can train her. My fresh maid came in mid dec. But after training for more that 2 weeks, she still forget things that we teach her everyday, can't tell time, etc. So now we have to select a experienced transfer maid. Selected maid but now waiting for agent to process paper work.

FYI. I paid $3000 in 2010 for CL. To me and hubby, it was worth every single cent. Prices would have risen already.

She took care of both babies at night. But of cos in the day, must let her nap whenever she had the chance too. I also had a maid that did all the housework, though CL does the cooking and any other things related to confinement like boiling longan drink, herbs for bathe, etc.

Be prepared gals, it is seriously not easy. Had post natal depression after CL left. Even though my mum and MIL took turns to stay over and help, they are not as experienced and it takes a lot of adapting to that kind of hours. You get so sleep-deprived, it's not funny.

wow... CL rate is soo exp?
but i'm getting neither CL nor maid... as my hubby dun like the idea of having stranger at home...and he heard many bad experiences with CL. so i'm counting on my mil and maybe my mum... i'm so worried that i will not be able to cope and have enough rest esp during confinement... haiz...

Mumm2be,
Mayb u can consider those daytime CL instead? Hearing from other twin mummies, its really nt easy taking care of twins. My SIL even had to hire 2 maids. Esp for u, u need to take gd care of urself during confinement. Else, next time backache or body weak..

Toy rental,
I think BF pillow is not nec, I had mine but I find it troublesome, anyway I BF one at a time, 1 latch the other fed by smone via bottle, take turns. Must teach ur kids to drink from bottle too, if nt when u r nt ard, ey will cry.

eabb,
My stroller was the brand inglesina, it is slightlly smaller than normal twin stroller so no issue with gg up escalator n lifts etc. I am nt sure abt the other twin strollers. Ya I had csect, wont wanna risk pushing 2! 1 oredi so hard, what more 2? My twins was also my first pregnancy, I totally understand hw u feel.

My CL was my mum and her friend came to help too. Every help is needed, is really nt easy. I also hv a maid. I hated to hv a stranger at home too but trust me, if u want quality time with ur kids, u hv to trust smone else with hsework. You wont wanna spend time washing n cleaning, cooking all the time.

Mumm2be,

If you can afford, would strongly advise that you reconsider. Not all CL are bad. But of cos, if you have no problems getting along with your MIL/mum and they are up to it, then no need to fret.

But long-term wise, you must consider your babysitting arrangement and whether need to get a maid. We were also not used to it, but would not have been able to cope otherwise.

Hi beauifulseeds
Understand wht u meant.. I will be using my previous same CL who i find her quite gd so intend to use her again.. Need some advise on CL now.. Very happy tt my last CL can do for me but she request if i hv maid, let the maid feed one of the bb at night and oso do all hsework.. While she will take care two bbies in day time and bath them, feed them but not middle of night.. She will cook for whole family too.. Then i asks how much she charging and she first time meet such case n suggest how abt $2800 instead of the usual twin rate $3200~3500? She charge $2200 for singleton.. So we r now considering whether worth or not? Wht do u all think? Is it ok to leave the other bb to maid at night?? Hmm... Many decision to make as i only hv 3 rooms and one rm is my son bedroom so where r the CL n maid going sleep? Zzzzzz sorry for the long post...

Hi mum2be
Yes, agree with wht the rest.. Sometime expensive oso hv to pay as we need to care ourselves then we can take care our bbies well...;) if we go thru csect.. Will need more help as we hv to keep rest to make sure wound recover well.. That means this cl has to care for two bbies and us.. Not easy for them too since is a 24hr job...;)

Hi Joanne,
Gd that you have a reliable CL and since you have used her before, u would know her style very well. i think $2800 still quite reasonable. i was rather restricted in my CL selection cos we are a vegetarian family and i'm very particular abt cleanliness in the house.
If u worried abt maid taking care of bb at night, mayb can consider puting a bb video monitor or IP camera in the room. I personally felt that the 2 IP cameras i bought was a gd investment. can monitor what my maid doing in kitchen from my mobile phone in the comfort of my bed.
happy.gif

Dear mummies wishing everyone a happy new year! Next year this time all our babies will be out!
happy.gif
can't wait for that time to come! Meanwhile wishing all mummies and babies the best of Health in this year to come!

Thank you beautifulseeds
May i know what brand of the IP monitor u invest on and how much? As in the market has so many so am quite worry is not gd.. Woah, can see thru phone? How abt iphone?? As that will be good n convinent..;) thk u for ur advise...some of my friends say if a CL never handle twins before, it may be not easy for them to handle twins by then so quite worry is she really able to cope since i need to rest so cant help much too... Quite worry abt this?? Hv u found one CL already?? Whats ur bbies sex?? So excited hor... Btw, one of my bb crl at 68mm and one at 57mm at 12th wk.. Worry is their gap too big? Is it ok? Any mummies here any advise whether is this normal?

Btw, r u all hiring maid? Any gd maid agency to recommend?

新年快乐,万事如意 to all mummies.. may we hv a smooth pregnancy and smooth delivery of our healthy babies this year...

Happy new year mummies! Haha.. i'm glad my gals wil be dragon bbs like all of yours..

Joanne,
My IP camera is Foscam FI8918W. Recommended by my hubby's colleague who used it to monitor her young daughter who's alone with maid at hm. When she bought it was $180. But now there's promo, i bought mine last week for only $140. Cash on delivery within 1-2 days.(regretted buying the avent bb monitor earlier which cost me $299 alr!)
You can view the camera specs here. www.foscamsingapore.sg
or can go to this discussion thread: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/5456944
It states that compatible with any 3G phone (incl iphone), but both hubby and i using HTC, so have not tried it on iphone. Btw, the camera require self installation and configuration. But for someone like me who is not IT trained, i still managed to configure it myself after several trial and error. The after sales support quite gd. i was stuck at some step and posted my problem in the discussion thread, Foscam do reply with print screen.

I think ur bbs at only about 1 cm difference. should be ok lah. my gals also same at that stage. Now at 36weeks, they are abt 0.5kg difference. Gynae say it's ok. I trust her experience since she has seen so many twins. I'm sure ur gynae will highlight to u if there's any concern.

btw mummies, which gynae u seeing and which hospital u all delivering at?

Hi mummies, wish all of you to have smooth delivery.Just would like to share my experience after my delivery had bad engorgement. With only 1 baby, I felt so stress as could not able to latch my baby. Search for information about Bf and till read about many mummies that had breastfeeding issue had advise from Mdm Rokiah from traditional & holistic postnatal centre. I really agree with those mummies that she really support mummies on breastfeeding. I would not be a successful breastfeeding mother if I do not get her support. Since you'll have twins, get her advise on bf. She is very friendly and share lot of tips and advise. Can also visit her FB on food intake to increase milk supply.Most important we mummies able to breastfeed our baby successfully.

Thk u beautifulseed for ur advise..;) now feel more relax after wht u say.. As at this stage, i thot 1cm gap is big.. Hv been toking to them hope they can be abt same size all the way..

Btw, do u gals will oways feel hungry when fr 2nd trimester onwards since bbies will need more nuitrition now?

Also, like to asks a silly question, can we sleep left side or right side since bbies r at our both side, will we hurt them since they do not hv much space to move especially when bbies grow bigger?

Hi Grace
Who is this mdn Rokiah? Any link for more information? Thks

U r welcome Joanne! We gain emotional support & learn from each other experiences.
happy.gif

My appetite remained same until only recent few weeks then I eat more. So far gained 11kg.
I alternate sleeping on my left & right side thruout the nite to b fair to both bbs. Ha.. actually really depends on ur comfort.. sometimes also depends on the position of ur bbs on that day too ;)

Hi beautiful seeds, Marisa and Joanne...
Agreed with you mummies but my main problem of getting a CL or maid is having a stranger at home...which my hubby is not keen of... So i plan to see how it goes in the first few weeks and let hubby see/experience himself how 'disastrous' it is then maybe will ask for a maid...

Joanne,
we will not hurt the babies if we sleep left or rite as they have enough cushion inside our tummy..tats wat i heard of.
But now i'm having problem with sleeping position too... i turn left...left baby kick, i turn rigth... right baby kick... lie on my back...i backache... sweat!!

Hi mummy
Lol.. How many wks r u now? I presume we will sure hv this problem especially at 3rd trimester..;)

Hi beautifulseed
R u at 18th wk now? 11 kg?? My last checkup at 12th wk no gain weight yet, is it ok? Worry again.. Btw, i dun hv any vomit...only naueous...

Thks for the advise on sleeping posture... I worry will hurt them.. Hee.. Btw, when u gals start to wear maternity wear? I worry if wear too early, pp will laugh at me..;p

Joanne, I will be 30weeks tomorrow!
happy.gif

as long as ur tummy is showing... noone will laugh at you when u wear maternity wear. And sometimes u need it in order to get seat at mrt! :p But most important is must wear soemthing that make urself comfortable...

beautifulseeds, u only gained 11kg? i had gained 18kg already!

Hi mummy
Wah 30th wks n u going pop soon... May i know did ur gynea order u bedrest at ur 4-5th mth of pregnancy or u work till today? As my gynea worry abt preterm delivery so want twins mummy to rest more.. Btw, at wht wk u start to get baby stuff? Worry get too early n yet oso worry at 3rd trimester, not able to walk too far to get...puzzled...

Joanne,
I think first trimester ok not to gain weight cos our appetite is not gd. I'm 36wk and waiting for THE day! both bbs are head down, so gynae say can try for natural delivery.
Most gynae would advise twins mummies to rest more. But then again depend on individual condition on how early u should start resting at hm. I was on 2 wks bed rest (31-32wks) bcos of early contractions but went back to clear my work @ 33-34wks. Haha.. I felt sooo bored at hm for that 2 wks.

Mumm2be,
I was worried abt the slow weight gain. But gynae say it's fine as long bb is growing and there's enough water in our tummy. Anyway, most of the weight gain will be gone once we deliver and more will be lost after we start breastfeeding!

Joanne,
hopefully wont pop so soon... hope can hang on till at least week 37. hehe...

i was only bed-rested for 3-4days when i had spotting and lower abdominen pain... am still working today... will monitor for another month and see if really need to rest early... i would prefer to not take early rest (maternity leave) then i can accompany my girls longer when they arrive...
happy.gif

beautiful seeds,
you are right, i was already soo bored during my 3-4 days bedrest! cant imagine if for 2 weeks! i think must prepare many dramas to watch le... :p

what is the weight of your babies now?
another worry is tat will have difficulty in breastfeeding... heard it is not easy...

Hi!

Congratulations to all mummies having twins! I have a pair of twin girls. They are already 4 years old. Currently I'm preggers with my third child. Going to deliver soon.
I'm happy to share my experiences with anyone so feel free to pm me
happy.gif

Do take care!

Ah Da,
same here!
happy.gif
I have a pair of 5YO B/G twins and I'm preggie with my #3, delivering next month.

Congratulations to all the twins mummies. It's a wonderful journey. Enjoy and have fun!
happy.gif

Wow... Hi ah da and Bb! Thanks for popping by! Did u both managed to Bf ur twins when they were younger? Any tips to share with us? I really wanna Bf them both like I did with my older girl but think it's not easy to latch both at the same time.. ? Hope some experienced twin mummies can share with us some survival tips!

Back