(2012) TTC for #1 2012 Mums!

tangerinez - Thanks, will try tonite ;) Wish me luck *kiss* Last evening tested, still not O-ing on CD10.

happygolucky - Her AF went messy after she stop BF-ing her son and she is abit sotong type...hahaha She probably didn't expect that since she hasn't really start ttc-ing. Nope didn't watch, anything interesting?

coyote, im expecting O soon i think... monitor just indicated 2 bars ie high fertility... guess gg to reach peak in 2 days time? just nice for the weekend!!

raine, i have lots of ppl telling me not to stress over ttc etc... but the more they tell me that, the more stressful i find!!

happy, we shld be cyclemates again??

coyote> I drool over the black chicken soup now! But I cant take it cos Im on vegetarian diet till end Oct'11. *gulp* Can only swallow saliva.

HappyGoLucky> I always watch Discovery Home. My hb told me to stop watching "I didn't know I was preg" to scare myself. LOL!

Happy: a faint line in OPK is common and does not necessary mean you are nearing O. a small amount of LH can be detected in urine any day, creating a faint line. the reason why you did not see a faint line the other day could be because your urine was diluted, or test was faulty. keep on testing and good luck!

coyote: lots of good luck and baby dust for you!!

Hi how's everyone had grad from TTC 2011 had give birth to my lil angel last mth me went back to 2011 and saw all migrate to 2012 le... jia you babes...
happy.gif

peapea - I am expecting O soon too, hopefully *cross fingers & toes* Yup, it is difficult not to think about it and just BD like normal.

Chloie - Then I eat on your behalf lah...kekeke

tangerinez - kam siaz

mdmkhoo - congrats and tks for returning to cheer us up!!!

HappyGoLucky, the test line must be as dark as the control line for the OPK to be positive.

HappyGoLucky, peapea and coyote, jia you for your O!
happy.gif

hi all,

i have the following to let go cheaply:

1) New pack of GNC prenatal vits (30 days program)
2) 1 new bottle of EPO (GNC Natural Brand)
Ultra Evening Primrose Oil 1300 (180 softgel capsules)

let me know if anyone is interested. Ty..
happy.gif

Aiyo, just got some brown discharge....dun know is it AF reporting soon. Haiz. CD37 tdy le, really hoping AF can go long holiday.

Blessedme, hi 5. CD 1 today for me, AF finally reported after missing for 40+ days. Glad that I can start a new cycle instead of mere waiting.
happy.gif

Blessedbb, we are still cycle buddy. AF seems to be reporting....CD1 tdy...saw red when I went to the toilet just now.

MiloQueen, we are also cycle buddy.

Gingerbreadger, how abt u? Tested?

*yawn*...so sleepy. God morning ladies, its TGIF!!!

nb01- xie xie.

I just realised that I did opk at the wrong time. Had been testing every evening around 7pm after not going to loo for 1.5hrs. This morning I picked up the clearblue instruction and read. It recommends to do in every morning coz its the only time u can hold your bladder for 4 hours before testing. Shall try from tomorrow onwards.

CD12 today, O O O where are you?

Siuping, blessedbb, miloqueen - new cycle better chance! Jia you!!!

coyote: i know i will confuse you with this. but hor, i think it is better to test after 11am, not necessary to hold pee for 4 hours. maybe clearblue is very sensitive but LH surge seldom happen in the morning.

when i got my smiley face from clearblue last cycle, i tested at 7+pm, after 2+ hours of no pee and it works fine.

sorry to confuse you, but i am just worried that if your LH surge is short and you test in the morning, you either caught it too late or totally missed it.

I read somewhere that some ladies, test 2x per day in order not to miss O. A little on the kiasu side. haha.

I second what tangerinez said about testing at 11am. I was told to test in the morning at about 10am to 11am. Then the next time in the evening.

Anyway, ladies, let's all jia you!!!! Weekend is here.

thanks tangerinez - I juz goggled and realised most sites say morning urine is not gd for opk testing. I wonder why is clearblue saying the opposite. Strange! Ok, will continue with my current practice to test in early evening. Want to ask you whether the applicator that you sent to me is it a 1-time use?

O O O come leh... *waving*

coyote: on the preseed instructions, it says the applicator is one time use.

but i washed and kept mine after 1 use. i guess it depends on how fussy you are about hygiene.

O: don't wander! faster go find coyote!

raine - are you using the cheap opk or clearblue strips to test?

tangerinez - Thanks, I will wash and keep it too. Hopefully I don't need to reuse
happy.gif

O - Listen to tangerinez, come come to me...wahaha

Sometimes I really hate myself for stressing out easily. Woke up at 5am this morning subconsciously by work tots again *yawn*.

coyote, for OPK testing, other than Clearblue Fertility Monitor, should not use FMU for testing. Although the Clearblue instructions say use in the morning, a lot of "experts" including lynzi says should not test in the morning as there might be some LH in your body left from overnight and not accurate. I also test in the afternoon/evening and no issues. Good luck for your O!
happy.gif

Raine, yes, some of us test twice a day with the cheap strips in order to avoid missing our O coz if you test once a day and the LH surge is 24-36 hours, the surge might be over or on the way down if you test only once a day (i.e. every 24 hours).

siuping, blessedbb, miloqueen, New cycle New hope!
happy.gif

Coyote - I'm using the clear blue ones. Find it too exp to use it twice a day though. And I'm kinda lazy at times. Haha. I tend to test it on alternate days. Lazy habit. I might have lost my O last month. Counldn't find a day that shows positve so i just BD when i see CW or what i assume to be so hahah

Bought the cheap ones last month. Thinking of using it for this
month. Then again, my AF not coming lei. Keeping fingers crossed that I don't need to use it anymore.

Nb01 - thanks for confirming the info.

A question for all, do you all BD after tested positive opk or BD a few days before when you know that it's approaching. Was told to BD before as well. Find it a little tiring. As though we have to BD all the time. Make life kinda stressful. :p

raine- indeed clear blue is very expensive. Shoo ur AF away, soon to hear gd news from you soon.

happygolucky- kekeke...my DH will say open durian LOL

<font color="aa00aa">Ladies,
read up on your opk concerns.
Its best to test opk between 10am to 8pm.
Test twice a day from CD10 or 12 depending on your length of cycle.
If u dont test twice a day, u might miss the surge esp for those whose LH surge is short.
Like what if u only test in the morning but actually your surge is in the evening n by next morning when u test again, the surge is over n u dont get positive opk?
It will mislead u to think that u might have not O yet.

Clearblue is ex so i suggest u get the cheap strips n use that to test first.
I will only use clearblue to double confirm once i see a positive on the strip.

As for bd, it is advisable for u to start bd as early as CD10 or 12.
Firstly, its to clear the old troops so that the ones waiting for the egg will be fresh ones.
Secondly, its been known that some ppl do O early so u really dont wana miss the egg.
Yah quite siong to bd alternate days but technically if your cycle is the textbook 28 days then u only need to bd on CD10, 12, 14, 16 n 18.

Hope thats a clear explanation for all.
Any other qns, feel free to fire away.
Lots of babydust to all ladies here!!</font>

Thansk Lynzi for the insights.
I shall start testing twice a day...the test strips are hard to handle in workplace toilet la..abit paisei to brng a cup into the toilet. hehe

Happy Saturday ladies! I m having the FLU! damn sian la..first Clomid cycle and wanted to put in more effort and end up kena flu at CD15!! right in the middle of my 30 day cycle!! SIANZ!

anyways FYI:
http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/billsizeDetails.aspx?cId=10
TMC can fight with KKH loh in terms of no of deliveries for private class.

Happygolucky- LOL now durian season leh...muhaha

Lynzi - tks for the detailed tips, now I am very clear abt the testing. Will BD during 2ww affects the implantation?

Yeah CD13 finally see smiley face in the evening. Tested with cheap opk at 12noon was negative. Heng I tested one more time in evening. Smiley face tally with my bbt as well, there was a sharp dip of temp this morning
happy.gif

Question - do I continue to test for opk? May have 2nd O?

<font color="aa00aa">Coyote,
can bd another 2 times after your O then stop till your af pops or bfp.
If bfp, preferably no bd too in first tri.
U can test again tomoro.
Some ppl can get 2 days of surge.
If u get a negative tomoro means u have O or is Oing.

Mrs Ho,
try to bd before, during n after to cover all bases.</font>

Hi all, anyone wans free smiley face opk? I got 4 sticks left plus one watsons brand. Coz i using the minitor, so dont need tat anymore. I'll jus mail you the opk. Dowana waste. Email me with address and ill send it out!

[email protected]

Mrs ho, yes BD on o day and continue for 2-3 days. And best to do it on pre-O day as well. That's why when we suspect O is approaching we will BD on alt day.

Question - O day is considered dpo1?

Hi gals, went GNC last Friday &amp; bought their prenatal vitamins. The lady there recommend GNC Men's Arginmax for DH instead of MegaMen, said it's better for us ttc. So tot of sharing.

• GNC Men’s Arginmax is scientifically designed to support male vitality.

• Features 3 grams of the amino acid L-Arginine, one of the key ingredients in Arginmax’s superior formula.

• L-Arginine is a building block of nitric oxide, which helps maintain blood vessel tone and support circulating health.

• Enhanced with herbs such as Ginkgo Biloba and Korean Ginseng to support male vitality and performance.

Coyote, I din ask my tcm why can't BD that 1 week. Mayb will ask him the next time.

Gingerbreadger, I din go to tcm yesterday. U went? I will go next sat.

Yups i went, nearli fainted. I went at 230, tot will have lesser crowd, coz the time i went once at tat time... Quite litle ppl, since closing time, so tot this time aso. I was sooo wrong. By the time my turn was about 430. Yest e weather damn lot, so the wait was quite miserable =(

Hi Ladies, finally can join this thread.
happy.gif

My husband and I decided to TTC in another 2 month. Would like to get more information on how to enable my body to be in a condition so that can increase the chance for a health baby?

Any good TCM to recommend?

Coyote: I think most likely tmr is DPO 1 for you. OPK tells you that you are going to ovulate next 24 to 36 hours (or something like that). So most likely you ovulated today or will ovulate tmr. If you ovulated today, then tmr is DPO 1.
happy.gif

Welcome chin. Few of us are seeing TCM, the one I am seeing is Dr. Tan SB at chinatown.

tangerinez- Tks but today I don't know is it DPO1 as my bbt is not gng upwards. It dip from 36.15 to 36.06
sad.gif
Does it mean that I wasn't ovulating? Opk tested +ve may not neccessary means I am ovulating? I am confused now.

morning !

Coyote >> ur temp got to go up after O .. if it falls then most prob u didn't O .. that was the case for me last cycle as per wat Dr Zou told me ...

Morning ladies!!!!! Have MIA for the past week. Been busy. Anyway, I got an all clear for my cyst from my previous gyne. Finally can rest my mind and force on ttcing. Heehee!!!! :D
What happened was that I spoke to my previous gyne's ex nurse [abit complicated]. She told me that the best time to scan to look out for cyst is during AF and since CD 1 - CD 3 is messier, advised to do the scan during CD 4 / CD 5. And so I immediately called up my previous gyne's clinic and make appt cos I happened to be in CD 4 [last Thursday]. I was lucky to get a slot that day and chiong down and scan. The cyst is not there anymore! PCOS more or less still around. She went on to explain to me about clomid. Told me that if after 4 cycles of clomid and still no result, I can try to go for jabs + clomid. Of cos it is costlier but it works better. So I shall just continue to monitor and cross fingers that there will be Potatoes flowing soon!!!!

Back