(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

nurul, think link is for mommies-to-be. think is more useful for u to visit the ivf/icsi support group link instead.

Tks ol
happy.gif

hi summer,

Yes, bought alot of sailor collection body suits and some dresses. noticed some are past yr's stock which i've already bought from their warehse sale!!!

Hi hazel,
Super hot, i stayed there for nearly 50 mins and gave up heeheee

Hi kimmy ,

huh got pjs meh??? didn't c leh..maybe sold out liao
6434444.gif

Now at night feeling no appetite, don't need dinner, think of rice, veg, meat feel sianzzz ..Hubby ask me to go out hawker to eat. Sianzzz then I started preserved syrup mango - shiok ! Wahhahaa. Like got appetite now..

Chris, will u get pelvic pain at lower abdomen in the centre? Or it is always at the side on the joint to the thigh?

Haha Tanny
Me too..most I dread now is meal time especially dinner time.. Feel so disgusted..;p totally no appetite at all.. I use to like fried stuff but think of it now makes me feel disgusted.. I dun vomit but as i eat lesser, think will lose weight too..

Hi Ron
I will take medical leave if still hv to rest but dry up this year medical leave liao so look forward to Jan to reset my medical leave to 14days.. If take hospital leave now, i really dun feel good to lie.. ;p hee.. Will try rest using my own leave for this month.. Like u say, baby is most important than anything now..

Hi gals
Any recommendation on what can i eat to strengthen my womb? Can we take daily chicken essence? Feel so helpless on what can i eat to further protect my babies...

Chris,
I went to carters sales ard 4pm, not crowded. Bought 7 dresses & 2 tops & 1 jacket($5). Left after 30 mins.

Tks Hazel & Kimmy for the great lobang!!!

summer, glad is a fruitful trip for you!
happy.gif

i have finished washing all the clothings, towels, blankets, etc that I have bought other than those still in transit from USA to SG & packed them nicely away. Hope all can arrive by next week & i can wash them before returning back to work.

J03, as long as it is not too heaty for you & do not contain any herbs, it shld be fine. but drink those brands with no preservatives & caramel & colourings. They are all written on the packaging. I took quite a fair bit of EYS chicken essence during first tri, if not, I cant work. Now, in 3rd tri, i just started on it again, it really helps in my breathlessness. In fact, I just bought 2 cartons last mth, 1 carton gave MIL who takes it daily another carton, for me but i doubt i will be able to finish them all anyway... on top of that, i still take bird nests and home made fish soup & other nuritious soups. Old leow, no choice, no stamina like young mommies like yourself. maybe also coz of that, I rarely fall sick this pregnancy, even hubs sick a few times & we sleep in same room, i also nv get it.

Chris, i was out of there within 15-20mins! I just focus on dresses! the rest I am not interested. :p

Hi hi, I am new to this website. Just wondering if anyone knows if the IVF booster at Raffles hospital is worthwhile? I have done two IVFs in 2010 and 2011, which did not materialized in the end. I am starting my IVF cycle for a transfer in Feb. was wondering if I should also go for the acupuncture booster? Any comments?

Hi hazel,

I get pelvic pain both at the sides. Left side is slightly worse as i tried to sleep on my left side and by morning when i wake up the pain is more intense on the left pelvie joint to the tigh. cos most of bb's weight is pressing down on the left. Recently the pain is also at the centre as well, esp when i wake up to pee at night and at times while i'm walking. Still bearable. Think is becos bb is pressing downwards and growing.
6435773.gif

Hi hazel,
wow u are fast.. I stayed around 40-50 mins cos helping my sil's buy some stuff as she confinement can't go down, most of the stuff she has already so just bought the bb shorts which is super cheap at 50cts.

Oh went to my sil's house yesterday for lunch after shopping, my in-laws are there and asked me join them for lunch. Had a chat with my mil, she told me privately tat luckily she has passed her cooking skills to her maid and she has learnt well. Cos her health and stamina can't really take it liao esp she got to rush to mkt in the wee hrs in the morning like 6++am to buy chicken, meat etc to prepare confinement food for my sil and got to rush up and down to her place 2x per day, she told me tat actually on the 3rd day, her fainting spells came bk, (she got diabetes, hi blood n hi cholesterol etc) she quickly drink 1 bottle of chicken essence and she managed to tahan until the 2nd week. Her fren suggested her to help me with my confinement so that i can save $$, but she told me after this round of helping my sil she surrendered liao but will ask her maid to help me instead if my confinement lady didn't turn up as she has taught the maid how to cook confinement food liao. After hearing what she said I also daren't asked her to help me. Anyway she told me this when my sil in the room, think she scared my sil will heard our conversations. Actually i'll prefer my mil to do my confinement cos she's a very good cook and I've bought her a confinement cookbook for her to refer and she can cook a variety of different dishes unlike those boring confinement food. But alas after hearing what she said, i daren't trouble her. But my fil says that they will still pop by often to help out and bring herbal soup for me during confinement.
6435785.gif

Hi hazel,

These 2 days, i very tired but only managed to sleep a few hrs like less than 5hrs, dunnoe why, esp after waking up to pee in the middle of the night, its very difficult for me to sleep bk.

Today i'll be going to "Lady Boss" at bugis to buy all the herbs needed for my confinement. MIL suggested i buy early as my confinement period is near to CNY period, she's worried that the prices would have skyrocketed or out-of-stock if i was to wait until last minute to buy. She can't help me to buy now cos she's still doing confinement for my sil, and i also daren't trouble her (altho last time, she normally helps me to buy my herbs from there cos she and my fil more experienced know how to choose).
6435790.gif

my hb asked me why didn't i ask his mum to buy for us like last time, then i told him tat his mum is very busy and i dun want to trouble her so i suggested we go down today to stockup the herbs. And i told him tat mil can help us to buy but have to wait till end of Dec when my sil finishes her confinement and by then it will be near festive period and alot of stuff may not be able to get it.

Chris, I had mild cramps at the centre lower abdomen yesterday that lasted an hr, like menstrural crampsI m not sure if they r pelvic pain or baxton hicks..

Re: confinement
I m not fussy with food as long as nuritious. Eg, I can drink fish soup for lunch every day. But I m v fussy when it comes to other things. Yes, is not easy for an eldest to do confinement for us. That is why I insist on a younger CL. Ie no more than 55. My CL only needs to take good care of the bb & me. The rest like marketing, cooking, etc, if she can't do a good job is fine coz my parents will be ard. CL meals she dub even hv to make her self coz I dun wan her to share same food as me. My parents cook evert day except wk ends. So, they will cook slightly more to include her portion.

Anyway, CL good or not all boil down to luck. My gf has recommended CL from friends can still tell me CL is no gd.

Hi Joanne,

During my 1st trimester (time when i puking madly), i took a bottle of EYS chicken essense daily on empty stomach daily before bfast, and red dates + wolfberries drink daily as well. Cos i've not be eating well and has been in and out of the hospital due to severe vomitting, dehydration i lose abt 1-2 kg. So i took the above to help build up my body.
6435800.gif

Hi hazel,

cos my parents are too old to help me during confinement and I also dun want them to travel as they stayed very far away from my place. My mum also can't walk very well, just did her eye surgery a few mths back and my dad taking care of her.

And my mil keep scaring me with those bad CL tales like alot of these CL not trustworthy etc or bluff about their experience and ended up when they are here dunnoe how to cook Confinement food or take care of bb and do a slipshod job etc, and her fren just send one of her daughter's CL home after 5 days...Esp my this CL, i've never seen her b4 and just spoke to her over the phone 2x and she doesn't accept deposit at all there's why my mil very scared that she might not turn up last min and could have accepted another client that might offer more cos during CNY period and Dragon yr there's shortage of CL. And my CL also played me out b4 i finally got this 2nd one.

And as this is my 1st time, so i'm abit worried cos no experience at all, furthermore i'm single child,no siblings at all and never deal with bbs. hahahaha till now i daren't carry my fren's bb oos finds them very fragile and scared that i'll dropped them. Now i can't really depend on my mil either cos pai seh to ask her help after hearing from her yesterday.

My only back-up is mil's maid now
happy.gif
6435817.gif

Chris, that is why I m reading up on breast feeding now. Dun wan to be smoked by CL if she is incapable. I shld hv milk, just dePending on how much. My milk supply came in by 3rd day last yr's incident when i didn't even stimulate the breasts.

My own mum is 60 this yr & she told me is getting tough on her, so requested me to get a CL. My mum did confinement for my bro's 2 kids, took care 3 of us n was a full time nanny before too. She does marketing every wk, so just hv to include my share. As for cooking, coz I m not fussy, steam, soupy food, I all take. No need complicated menu as long as nuritious. Even steam chicken thigh with XO pours over it last 5mins it is ready I find it very delicious! How difficult to make that?

Hi hazel,

I also experience mild menstrual like cramps, read in books is cos by bb growing and we might also experience abit of braxton hicks during our 3rd trimester as body preparing itself for our BIG DAY !!! I had severe cramps last week after dinner and went to toilet and diarrhea all the way, i was drenched in cold sweat and in pain and had to slowly make my way to the toilet. The pain went off after 1hr.. i quickly lie on bed to rest. I can feel my tummy very tight when i was pooing. I told hb i was very scared cos thought i'm in pre-labour. hahaha Never have i felt such pain before i gotten preggy.

6435827.gif

Hi hazel,

i might have abit of problem with breastfeeding, cos like my fren who is breastfeeding her 2 kids, her milkflow wasn't alot cos she had an ops during her teenage yrs to remove a cyst from one of her breasts. Me too had the same surgery when i was 18 yrs old and removed a huge cyst at one of my breasts so i'm mentally prepared that it will more or less affect milk supply.
6435830.gif

Hi hazel,

I actually envy you cos ur mum just staying upstairs and can cook for you. My mum is in her late 70s and needs my dad to care for her now...so alot of time i depend on myself like i'll try to make it a point to make double-boil black chicken during the wkends when i'm not working. Esp now, my mil super tight down with doing my SIL's confinement i also daren't ask her to make soup for me although hb knows that i love fish soup and tat he ever suggested me to tell his mum to make some for me since she's always bringing food to my sil tat is staying just opp us. But i pai seh le.
6435841.gif

Chris, we just try our best to nurse. I read at times is luck too. The book said not enough, must supplement with FM coz if not bb will be dehydrated. It actually gives info on how much bb shld be drinking, in fact there is a formula based on bb's weight, how to know bb is having enough, etc. The book said a well fed bb will fall asleep after nursing!

I think u ate something wrongly that day to get diahorea. I took 2 raw oysters on fri! Got cravings n hubs said safe to take since the restaurant is v reputable! Wow, tasted super! If not I worried not clean n may contain bacteria n cause stomach run, I wld hv taken more! Hehe

Hi hazel,

i loved steam chicken thigh with XO, heehee now drooling away. yup i'm not particular with food as i loved soups and bland dishes. Like when i preggy now i also loved soups, could be cos my mum is cantonese so from young we have soups daily and my mil is also cantonese who married a HAKKA and my hb also has soups every day. So now after marriage we staying on our own, we only get to drink homemade soup once a week. I dun fancy soup elsewhere cos alot of MSG.
6435847.gif

Yes, I m fortunate my mum is just at the unit directly above me. Last time, my hubs was v upset to be staying so near with parents. He wanted to stay with my PIL's house! Well, I insisted coz my choice is better. My PIL has passed away n my mil is a dialysis patient who can't even take care of herself. How to help me with bb? And no way I will leave bb with maid when I return bk to work.

Hi hazel,

My hb very kiasu forbid me to take any raw food or shellfish once i preggy. cos he said better dun take any risks cos if anything happens to bb, we'll regret. I ever saw a show under discovery channel a few yrs bk on preggy models, on their preggy experience, modelling work and birthing. And one of them said she lost her 1st bb at 6-7mths when she caught a bacteria "Listeria" very common in uncooked food. This bacteria strikes fast and very harmful to bb, the model in the show complained tat she started having cramps and then suddenly heavy bleeding and by the time she rushed to hospital she lost her bb.

Hence from then on, i've been warning my preggy frens to restrain from eating raw food, shellfish etc.

Looking forward to durians, have pestered hb to buy durians for me last night, but he said not durian season yet and didn't see many durians around. Then last night, i showed him wanbao newspaper tat msia got abundunce of durian and they are now selling cheap at geylang.so hb says today bring me go eat cos we went a few places at bedok and even punngol but dun see any durian around. heeheee whopppee looking forward to durian
6435859.gif

Hi hazel,

ya i agreed with u, never leave home alone with maid esp after attending wong bb's class me and hb got a shock at how this maid does to bb. Muz always have an adult around with the maid and bb.

Like my buddy, her mum passed away, so during confinement she told me tat she at mercy of CL,and just followed wat CL says dun dare to rebuke her scared tat CL will leave her and then she will have to tend to her bb alone. Her MIl stays very far away from her and has spinal problems and very old too...So she has no one to turn to.

Chris, the risks u said abt raw food is true. But I really crave for it! Ate already I actually scared if got bacteria! Ha! Hubs is western in thinking! Anyway, No more raw oysters after bb is born :p

Now the durians r from malaysia, better from Thailand! Dun eat too much, durians r v high in sugar n makes bb put on weight v v fast! I hv no cravings for durians. Nv touch any till now.

Thks Chris n Hazel for ur kind advise ya..u gals r early n busy chatting..;) yes CL is all base on luck.. I remember my CL last time recommend by my cousin say not free so she recommend her friend who 40plus.. I worry too but just try since i hv no other lobang.. Feel real lucky as she cooks gd confinement food n wake up at six plus to mop the floor and do hsework.. When middle if night, bb want milk, she will encourage breastfeeding so come n knock on my door to asks me feed my boy.. As i went thru c section so hv diffculthy even climb out fr my bed, she will oways come n lend me a hand to hold me.. For food, she will cook simple dish for herself n my hb.. Then follow by my food..After cook, she will make sure mop the kitchen too..she serve me real well so when she left, i panick n cry as hv not much of taking care bb experience.. I feel real lucky to hv a gd cl so hazel, a good cl should be able to cook nice food for u n herself.. No need worry will tired her out.. Infact, she cook my breakfast too.. Beehoon soup etc.. Instead of only bread...

Hope ur cl will be a good one too but during cny really not easy to get cl.. All the best to both of u..

Btw, beside double boil chicken soup, i dun know how to cook other nutritious soup.. Any advise on how to cook fish soup etc? Or where got receipe tt i can learn?? Thk u for ur help ya...;)

Hi Joanne, my mum gave me the receipe for fish soup with papaya. R u keen on that soup?

Hi Chris bb, hazel is right dun eat too much durian. My gynae told me not to eat last mth cos bb is on a bigger side. I guess I over indulge in durian when I stayed at my parents place during my first trimester. My dad kept buying different type to try. Since I m warned by my gynae I also cut my carbo. What my hb did is cook a pot of soup and we drink the soup with ingredients no rice. Feel lighter these few days.

Hi Catherine
Thk u.. But i cant take papaya now according to doc Loh.. Can the recepie work without put papaya in it? Thk u...;)

Hi catherine,

oooh my in-law bought alot of durian during my 1st trimester, cos i lost weight during then and my tummy very small as i got no appetite and not eating well. heehee but i only ate some..yummy..
but my sil ate alot ah, she even go msia and buy..hahahaa think she put on alot of weight then.

6436768.gif

Hi Joanne,

I saw my mil made the fish soup w/o papaya. She panfried the fish (70% cooked) in a frying pan 1st with very little oil to remove the fishy smell, then put the fish in bowling water to cook with ginger and pepper. After that, she just season with spring onion or parsley.

Thk u Chris
How long shd we boil the fish and can we take ginger food for first trimester? Ya, dun take too much durian ya...

My mum used fish bones! Nv pan fry also. Just throw into water, add ginger n tomato n cooked. I drink it really hot and I am fine with the fishy smell.

J03, dunno. Nv ask. Use your own discretion. U can taste it to see if is ready. She nv add any salt too, n is just 1 bowl for me to drnk.

Oh ya, I didn't drink in first tri coz first tri, no appetite, later puke out, wasted n bb wun be absorbing either at early stage. My whole purpose is for bb. Inky from late 2nd tri onwards than o take all these tonic, end of the day, is for my bb not for me. Now whatever I eat, goes to the amniotic fluid n she will taste it too.

Lest few wks before delivery, bb's absorption is the best. So, eat tonic bb absorb even more. Same logic y dr starts mummies with supplements from 2nd tri.

I read that by 30 wks, bbs organs are fully formed other than the lungs which will mature only at 34wks.

First tri, I took chicken essence to give me strength mainly. Even if mummy dun eat, keeps puking in first tri, n lose weight, bb will still continue to grow coz bb gets from mummy's reserve... The poor mummy will lose all nurtition she stored over the years to bb. From 2nd tri onwards, then different story.

Chris, just not too long ago, u are worried that natural delivery may end up emergency c section. Now, u are eating durians. Contracdicting yourself leh. :p. If u continue to eat durains at this late stage, ur bb will grow by leaps n your worry will most likely maternialised!

Hi Joanne,

My mil used fish bones to make the soup, at times put abit of celery, tomatoes, ginger. she boil like an hr or so. Cos celery and tomotoes are rich in vitamin C and ginger helps to clear wind and also helps to ease nausea and prevent fishy smell. if you dun like ginger then can act white peppercorns or just pepper.

Hi hazel,

Dun scare me le, i only eating very little just to curb my craving cos 1st and 2nd tri i already tahan liao hahaha didn't dare eat leh...only eat v little in my 4th mth. heehee
6437689.gif

Hi haxel,

i also heard from frens to take coconut water as they says aids in delivery and bb comes out very clean... my hb's fren advises me to take like 2 wks prior to EDD like maybe once - twice a week as i told her i scared coconut water to 'liang' and ended up i delivered way b4 my EDD. My sil starts taking coconut water from her 8th mth onwards...

Chris, remember wat mrs Wong shared on coconut?! Is a myth! Is for cooling of super hot body nearer edd. I delivered my niece in the car, she came out super clean & my sil didn't take any coconut. Anyway, if want to take, better to take after full term at 37 wks as coconut is v cooling.

What do u all do if no appetite? At work I only hv lunch time break.. So i guess I should take many small tea breaks but what to eat? Bread biscuit ok? Nuts and fruits? Im scared of eating too much sweet or carbo but at first tri no need to worry right? Heard of gestational diabetes so worried abt eating too sweet.

Hi tanny,

i worried abt gestational diabetes too during my initial stage cos my family has history of diabetes..but i was lucky that i passed my glucose test during my 27wks. For me, during 1st trimester, i just grab watever i can eat and doesn't make me nausea, like wholemeal biscuits, bread, cereal and even milk (provided you can take, cos for me i wasn't able to consume milk at all during my 1st trimester, once i take my puking will start) However once i reached 4mth plus dr asked me to try drinking like 1/2 glass to try out and from then on i've been drinking 2 glasses daily and no problem.
6438341.gif

Hi hazel, tats why i daren't take coconut water cos know tat its very cooling and will start taking after 37wks
happy.gif

Today my pocket burn big hole after going lady boss to buy herbs etc..Cos passed the phone to let my mil place order with the shop assistant and ended up my mil ordered alot..wow heart pain ah when the bill came.

Hi Joanne, little bit of ginger is ok. Juz imagine u r eating some fish at zi cha store they also put Ginger right?

My mum is gg to make the fish bones soup for me juz like hazel and chris mum and mil, but only after cny... My mum wants to prepare me for breast milk and give my gal more nutrients. Like hazel I dun believe in coconut juice.

Chris, FYI I dun touch even durian ice cream! Now I watch what I eat and my v v v sinful drink is bubble tea only when I m v thirsty and sianz. My v sinful food maybe is my yoghurt and donut. U really dun wish to have a hard time pushing the bb out right so curb yr craving.

Tabby angelbb, when I have no appetite I tell myself still must eat for my gal. During my first trimester I bring cup jelly to office. Then lunch time I buy polar Swiss roll. End up? At 20 week my gal was big! Then I cut my bird nest and Swiss roll and carbo. Now she is ok. For biscuits, i eat only cereal biscuits and biscuits from marks and Spencer. Fruits I eat guava and papaya in office and at home strawberries, blueberries. Lazy to cut is like that heehee

Chris bb, my turn to burn a whole at lady boss will come on weds when I go back to work. My mum onder dong cong cao.

U r v lucky yr body can accept milk. Mine only let me drink milk like 2 weeks back when I shared 1small packet with my hb. I have lots of milk sample from hospital but I m lazy to make and drink. Recently juz no mood to do anything maybe bcos of my rash and not sleeping well. My mind is only to buy my bb things, clean house for cny and my office work.

Ya tanny bb, u should eat cereal. Like coco crunch, I would have it if I have to stay past 7pm in office.

Kimmy, I bought my pram and car seat. Total slightly less than $700. All big items for my bb r done.

I was so funny, I called my mum to ask her if I should buy all the pram accessories like fan, toys.. And if she need the pram to bring my gal out with her when she goes for her daily walk. She said mummy do confinement bb also must stay indoor for 1 mth. I told my mum she can bring my gal out for a while and give me time to sleep. She told me where got a mummy like that? Oops... Kena scolded. So u gals better dun ask the same question as me....

Catherine, I hv many packs of free milk sample! Dun take will be wasteful. So I plan to take in a few wks time, but going to dilute each pack I made. If the pain is managable, I will still go Out with hubs during confinement... As long as dun get caught in the rain, wear long sleeves n pants, shld be ok as most plcs are aircon anyway... At home, I will on the aircon too as I can't stand the heat n I can't take fan, it makes my body aches...

Back