(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Kimmy, I called my gynae for help and they Helped me to get a slot next sat. Tmc is really bad in accommodating the tour. Go to mt a if u can I like the ppl there.. They even allow walk ins.

I wish I can drink milk. My stomach will churn if I drink milk...
sad.gif

Kimmy, I called my gynae for help and they Helped me to get a slot next sat. Tmc is really bad in accommodating the tour. Go to mt a if u can I like the ppl there.. They even allow walk ins.

I wish I can drink milk. My stomach will churn if I drink milk...
sad.gif

Kimmy, haha me din even drink any milk per day. So calcuim pills not v gd for us huh. Like tat mayb i shd stop taking tat n drink milk instead.

Any1 using babyplus? Feel like buying but so ex leh. Wonder really can develop bb brains or not...hmmm

Kimmy, haha me din even drink any milk per day. So calcuim pills not v gd for us huh. Like tat mayb i shd stop taking tat n drink milk instead.

Any1 using babyplus? Feel like buying but so ex leh. Wonder really can develop bb brains or not...hmmm

Hazel... Haha, like ur suggestion.. Maybe I find other food substitute for calcium :p . I have reflux too , so I just sit up and avoid acidic, fried and spicy food

Hazel... Haha, like ur suggestion.. Maybe I find other food substitute for calcium :p . I have reflux too , so I just sit up and avoid acidic, fried and spicy food

Kimmy - let me call them when they open to confirm it's today's 230 session, will PM you my details before 10am ya. No prob for you & dh to replace
happy.gif

Kimmy - let me call them when they open to confirm it's today's 230 session, will PM you my details before 10am ya. No prob for you & dh to replace
happy.gif

Kimmy, do share with us how's it after the hospital tour. Ie standard single, premier single, deluxe single, etc. Thanks!

Kimmy, do share with us how's it after the hospital tour. Ie standard single, premier single, deluxe single, etc. Thanks!

It's a beautiful Sat morning!
happy.gif

Regarding calcium, there r other calcium-rich food like cheese & yoghurt. For more, read here. http://pediatrics.about.com/od/calcium/a/06_calcium_food.htm

In the beginning, I tried a can of milk formula specially formulated for pregnant ladies. But I really don't like it. After finishing the can, I just moved on to the cold milk. But I've leave it for 10 mins outside before drinking so not so cold. I also drink yacult & eat yoghurt daily. You can try having cereals with yoghurt instead of with milk.
happy.gif

It's a beautiful Sat morning!
happy.gif

Regarding calcium, there r other calcium-rich food like cheese & yoghurt. For more, read here. http://pediatrics.about.com/od/calcium/a/06_calcium_food.htm

In the beginning, I tried a can of milk formula specially formulated for pregnant ladies. But I really don't like it. After finishing the can, I just moved on to the cold milk. But I've leave it for 10 mins outside before drinking so not so cold. I also drink yacult & eat yoghurt daily. You can try having cereals with yoghurt instead of with milk.
happy.gif

Sunnie_Gal
Like you I don't like milk formula so I've never started on any. The only milk I take are the pasteurized ones and it has to be COLD.

Ladies, I would like to add on with regards to calcium intake.

The developing baby needs calcium to build strong bones and teeth; to grow a healthy heart, nerves, and muscles; and to develop a normal heart rhythm and blood-clotting abilities. If we don't get enough calcium in our diet, our baby will draw it from your bones, which may impair our own health later on.

The recommended daily allowance of calcium for pregnant women who are 24 and older is about 1200 mg. Keep your total intake of all forms of calcium below 2,500 mg a day, including all the calcium you get from supplements, your daily prenatal, food sources and calcium in bottled or tap water. More than this can cause constipation increase your risk of kidney stones, and might make the absorption of other minerals, such as zinc and iron, less efficient.

There are two different forms of calcium supplements: Calcium citrate and calcium carbonate. Both are good choices for supplementation.

<u>Calcium citrate</u> (Citrical brand) is the BEST absorbed supplemental form of calcium. It can be taken on an empty stomach because it does not require stomach acid to break apart.

<u>Calcium carbonate</u> (Tums, Caltrate, Viactiv Calcium Chews, Os-Cal, and Nature Made brands) is the most common type of calcium supplement on the market. Since it usually needs extra stomach acid to break apart, it is best taken with food.

The best person to aid you in deciding whether to take calcium supplement in your doctor. Please ask his/her advise.

I've attached at table of calcium-rich food (taken from http://www.iofbonehealth.org/patients-public/about-osteoporosis/prevention/nutrition/calcium-rich-foods.html)

<table border=1><tr><td>Food</TD><TD>Serving Size (average)</TD><TD>Calcium (mg) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk, semi-skimmed</TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>240 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk skimmed </TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>244 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk whole </TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>236 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milkshake</TD><TD>takeaway, 300 ml</TD><TD>387 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Soy drink, calcium enriched</TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>178 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoghurt and Cream</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoghurt, low-fat, fruit</TD><TD>pot, 150 g</TD><TD>210 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoghurt, low-fat, plain</TD><TD>pot, 150 g</TD><TD>243 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cream, double, whipped</TD><TD>portion, 45 g</TD><TD>26 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cream single</TD><TD>tablespoon, 15 g</TD><TD>13 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheeses</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Danish blue</TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>195 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edam </TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>318 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Feta</TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>144 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Camembert </TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>94 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheddar </TD><TD>medium chunk, 40 g</TD><TD>296 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese spread</TD><TD>portion, 30 g</TD><TD>149 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cottage </TD><TD>small pot, 112 g</TD><TD>142 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mozzarella, fresh</TD><TD>portion, 56 g</TD><TD>203 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Parmesan, fresh</TD><TD>portion, 30 g</TD><TD>308 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vegetables</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Broccoli, boiled</TD><TD>serving, 85 g</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Watercress, raw</TD><TD>small bunch, 20 g</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Curly Kale</TD><TD>serving, 95 g</TD><TD>143 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Okra, stir fried</TD><TD>8 medium, 40 g</TD><TD>88 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Red kidney beans, canned</TD><TD>3 tablespoons, 105 g</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chick peas, boiled</TD><TD>3 tablespoons, 90 g</TD><TD>41 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Green/French beans</TD><TD>serving, 90 g</TD><TD>50 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baked beans</TD><TD>serving, 135 g</TD><TD>72 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nuts</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Almonds</TD><TD>12 whole, 26 g</TD><TD>62 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Brazil Nuts</TD><TD>6 whole, 20 g</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazlenuts</TD><TD>20 whole, 20 g</TD><TD>28 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sesame seeds</TD><TD>1 tablespoon, 12 g</TD><TD>80 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Walnuts</TD><TD>12 halves, 40 g</TD><TD>38 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tahini Paste</TD><TD>1 heaped teaspoon, 19 g</TD><TD>129 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Desserts</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheesecake, fruit</TD><TD>average slice, 120 g</TD><TD>94 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Custard made with milk</TD><TD>average portion, 120 g</TD><TD>166 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rice pudding, canned</TD><TD>average portion, 200 g</TD><TD>176 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice cream, dairy, vanilla</TD><TD>average serving, 75 g</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fromage frais, fruit</TD><TD>small pot, 60 g</TD><TD>52 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fish</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sardines in oil, tinned</TD><TD>portion, 100 g</TD><TD>500 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Whitebait, fried</TD><TD>portion, 80 g</TD><TD>688 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Salmon, tinned</TD><TD>average portion, 100 g</TD><TD>91 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fish paste</TD><TD>small jar, 35 g</TD><TD>98 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Breads and grains</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pasta, plain, cooked</TD><TD>portion, 230 g</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rice, white, boiled</TD><TD>portion, 180 g</TD><TD>32 </TD></TR><TR><TD>White bread</TD><TD>slice, 30 g</TD><TD>53 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wholemeal bread</TD><TD>slice, 30 g</TD><TD>32 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muesli, Swiss style</TD><TD>portion, 50 g</TD><TD>55 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fruits</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Apricots, raw, no stone</TD><TD>4 fruit, 160 g</TD><TD>117 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Figs, ready to eat</TD><TD>4 fruit, 220 g</TD><TD>506 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Currants</TD><TD>2 tablespoons, 50 g</TD><TD>47 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Orange</TD><TD>peeled, 160 g</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Other foods</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tofu, soy bean, steamed</TD><TD>100 g</TD><TD>510 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Omelette, cheese</TD><TD>2 eggs, 120 g</TD><TD>344 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Quiche, cheese &amp; egg</TD><TD>average slice, 140 g</TD><TD>367 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Macaroni cheese</TD><TD>portion, 220 g</TD><TD>374 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pizza, cheese &amp; tomato</TD><TD>9" - 10" pizza, 410 g</TD><TD>873 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lasagne</TD><TD>portion, 420 g</TD><TD>420 </td></tr></table>

Sunnie_Gal
Like you I don't like milk formula so I've never started on any. The only milk I take are the pasteurized ones and it has to be COLD.

Ladies, I would like to add on with regards to calcium intake.

The developing baby needs calcium to build strong bones and teeth; to grow a healthy heart, nerves, and muscles; and to develop a normal heart rhythm and blood-clotting abilities. If we don't get enough calcium in our diet, our baby will draw it from your bones, which may impair our own health later on.

The recommended daily allowance of calcium for pregnant women who are 24 and older is about 1200 mg. Keep your total intake of all forms of calcium below 2,500 mg a day, including all the calcium you get from supplements, your daily prenatal, food sources and calcium in bottled or tap water. More than this can cause constipation increase your risk of kidney stones, and might make the absorption of other minerals, such as zinc and iron, less efficient.

There are two different forms of calcium supplements: Calcium citrate and calcium carbonate. Both are good choices for supplementation.

<u>Calcium citrate</u> (Citrical brand) is the BEST absorbed supplemental form of calcium. It can be taken on an empty stomach because it does not require stomach acid to break apart.

<u>Calcium carbonate</u> (Tums, Caltrate, Viactiv Calcium Chews, Os-Cal, and Nature Made brands) is the most common type of calcium supplement on the market. Since it usually needs extra stomach acid to break apart, it is best taken with food.

The best person to aid you in deciding whether to take calcium supplement in your doctor. Please ask his/her advise.

I've attached at table of calcium-rich food (taken from http://www.iofbonehealth.org/patients-public/about-osteoporosis/prevention/nutrition/calcium-rich-foods.html)

<table border=1><tr><td>Food</TD><TD>Serving Size (average)</TD><TD>Calcium (mg) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk, semi-skimmed</TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>240 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk skimmed </TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>244 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milk whole </TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>236 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milkshake</TD><TD>takeaway, 300 ml</TD><TD>387 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Soy drink, calcium enriched</TD><TD>glass, 200 ml</TD><TD>178 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoghurt and Cream</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoghurt, low-fat, fruit</TD><TD>pot, 150 g</TD><TD>210 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yoghurt, low-fat, plain</TD><TD>pot, 150 g</TD><TD>243 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cream, double, whipped</TD><TD>portion, 45 g</TD><TD>26 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cream single</TD><TD>tablespoon, 15 g</TD><TD>13 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheeses</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Danish blue</TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>195 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edam </TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>318 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Feta</TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>144 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Camembert </TD><TD>portion, 40 g</TD><TD>94 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheddar </TD><TD>medium chunk, 40 g</TD><TD>296 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheese spread</TD><TD>portion, 30 g</TD><TD>149 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cottage </TD><TD>small pot, 112 g</TD><TD>142 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mozzarella, fresh</TD><TD>portion, 56 g</TD><TD>203 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Parmesan, fresh</TD><TD>portion, 30 g</TD><TD>308 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vegetables</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Broccoli, boiled</TD><TD>serving, 85 g</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Watercress, raw</TD><TD>small bunch, 20 g</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Curly Kale</TD><TD>serving, 95 g</TD><TD>143 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Okra, stir fried</TD><TD>8 medium, 40 g</TD><TD>88 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Red kidney beans, canned</TD><TD>3 tablespoons, 105 g</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chick peas, boiled</TD><TD>3 tablespoons, 90 g</TD><TD>41 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Green/French beans</TD><TD>serving, 90 g</TD><TD>50 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baked beans</TD><TD>serving, 135 g</TD><TD>72 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nuts</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Almonds</TD><TD>12 whole, 26 g</TD><TD>62 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Brazil Nuts</TD><TD>6 whole, 20 g</TD><TD>34 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazlenuts</TD><TD>20 whole, 20 g</TD><TD>28 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sesame seeds</TD><TD>1 tablespoon, 12 g</TD><TD>80 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Walnuts</TD><TD>12 halves, 40 g</TD><TD>38 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tahini Paste</TD><TD>1 heaped teaspoon, 19 g</TD><TD>129 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Desserts</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cheesecake, fruit</TD><TD>average slice, 120 g</TD><TD>94 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Custard made with milk</TD><TD>average portion, 120 g</TD><TD>166 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rice pudding, canned</TD><TD>average portion, 200 g</TD><TD>176 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ice cream, dairy, vanilla</TD><TD>average serving, 75 g</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fromage frais, fruit</TD><TD>small pot, 60 g</TD><TD>52 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fish</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sardines in oil, tinned</TD><TD>portion, 100 g</TD><TD>500 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Whitebait, fried</TD><TD>portion, 80 g</TD><TD>688 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Salmon, tinned</TD><TD>average portion, 100 g</TD><TD>91 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fish paste</TD><TD>small jar, 35 g</TD><TD>98 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Breads and grains</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pasta, plain, cooked</TD><TD>portion, 230 g</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rice, white, boiled</TD><TD>portion, 180 g</TD><TD>32 </TD></TR><TR><TD>White bread</TD><TD>slice, 30 g</TD><TD>53 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Wholemeal bread</TD><TD>slice, 30 g</TD><TD>32 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Muesli, Swiss style</TD><TD>portion, 50 g</TD><TD>55 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fruits</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Apricots, raw, no stone</TD><TD>4 fruit, 160 g</TD><TD>117 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Figs, ready to eat</TD><TD>4 fruit, 220 g</TD><TD>506 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Currants</TD><TD>2 tablespoons, 50 g</TD><TD>47 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Orange</TD><TD>peeled, 160 g</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Other foods</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tofu, soy bean, steamed</TD><TD>100 g</TD><TD>510 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Omelette, cheese</TD><TD>2 eggs, 120 g</TD><TD>344 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Quiche, cheese &amp; egg</TD><TD>average slice, 140 g</TD><TD>367 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Macaroni cheese</TD><TD>portion, 220 g</TD><TD>374 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pizza, cheese &amp; tomato</TD><TD>9" - 10" pizza, 410 g</TD><TD>873 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lasagne</TD><TD>portion, 420 g</TD><TD>420 </td></tr></table>

Msmiele, thanks for the great info!
happy.gif
. Yes, if we eat a balanced diet, we will get our calcium intake. 1-2 glass of milk can make up the difference. Take calcium tablet again en up excessive.

Kimmy, I just booked TMC hospital tour early dec! Hehehe

Msmiele, thanks for the great info!
happy.gif
. Yes, if we eat a balanced diet, we will get our calcium intake. 1-2 glass of milk can make up the difference. Take calcium tablet again en up excessive.

Kimmy, I just booked TMC hospital tour early dec! Hehehe

Hello &amp; morning everyone!!!

Sorry for the delayed reply becuz I woke up at 11.30am (thinking tour was 2.30pm), log in to forum via iphone on the bed and jumped out, trying to prepare and rush and by time we were out of the house, it was 12.10pm and DH said alamak, by time we reach (tho we are like 10-15 min away) based on traffic, probably missed touring some areas already so he suggested that we book on a weekday or something then since all Saturday slots till end Dec are booked (that's what the guy told me on the phone)...

Just wanted to thank Ron again for letting me her slot though I'm absolutely embarrassed &amp; paisay that I couldn't make it in time :p (DH saw me rushing like a mad cow in and out of shower and shoook his head saying u ah...just to tour TMC, wahahah)

Hazel - you managed to book weekend slot or weekday? Yeah I wanna do it soon too!!! Hehe I wonder if we can take pictures during the tour. I will prob have a list of questions to ask them. Mwahahahaha.

Msmiele - thank u so much for sharing with us the calcium info and food! Just to ask if Calcium citrate and carbonate is via through milk/yoghurt? After all this calcium talk I realized how much I've been missing out on my required intake (a lot of catching up now) and when I saw baby's spine and bones on Wed, I realized how much he is absorbing from me.

tzac - I started on babyplus thru another sister (silent reader on this forum) introduction to it. Was also introduced to it during the Cordlife event some time back, saw the video on how it works and my mom was kinda sold/intrigued by it so she bought it as baby's first gift from grandma. Personally I won't know whether its effective but since its a gift, and I'm free at home I just wore it anyway. It can get quite monotonous and annoying at times with the dong dong dong sound. hahaha. The distributors will be having a booth at the upcoming bb fair again so u can check it out before deciding. Also there are pre-loved ones available via forum or ebay (from what I understand) which cost about $100+.

RitzC - fridge to go as in to store your BM? Or just a cooler bag? I'm looking for cooler bag too but I don't know if it will add up to the bulk of diaper bag. hehe. No choice right if we wanna store milk. Am thinking wah when we go out have to bring breast pumps, cooler bag, diaper bag...wow!
happy.gif

Hello &amp; morning everyone!!!

Sorry for the delayed reply becuz I woke up at 11.30am (thinking tour was 2.30pm), log in to forum via iphone on the bed and jumped out, trying to prepare and rush and by time we were out of the house, it was 12.10pm and DH said alamak, by time we reach (tho we are like 10-15 min away) based on traffic, probably missed touring some areas already so he suggested that we book on a weekday or something then since all Saturday slots till end Dec are booked (that's what the guy told me on the phone)...

Just wanted to thank Ron again for letting me her slot though I'm absolutely embarrassed &amp; paisay that I couldn't make it in time :p (DH saw me rushing like a mad cow in and out of shower and shoook his head saying u ah...just to tour TMC, wahahah)

Hazel - you managed to book weekend slot or weekday? Yeah I wanna do it soon too!!! Hehe I wonder if we can take pictures during the tour. I will prob have a list of questions to ask them. Mwahahahaha.

Msmiele - thank u so much for sharing with us the calcium info and food! Just to ask if Calcium citrate and carbonate is via through milk/yoghurt? After all this calcium talk I realized how much I've been missing out on my required intake (a lot of catching up now) and when I saw baby's spine and bones on Wed, I realized how much he is absorbing from me.

tzac - I started on babyplus thru another sister (silent reader on this forum) introduction to it. Was also introduced to it during the Cordlife event some time back, saw the video on how it works and my mom was kinda sold/intrigued by it so she bought it as baby's first gift from grandma. Personally I won't know whether its effective but since its a gift, and I'm free at home I just wore it anyway. It can get quite monotonous and annoying at times with the dong dong dong sound. hahaha. The distributors will be having a booth at the upcoming bb fair again so u can check it out before deciding. Also there are pre-loved ones available via forum or ebay (from what I understand) which cost about $100+.

RitzC - fridge to go as in to store your BM? Or just a cooler bag? I'm looking for cooler bag too but I don't know if it will add up to the bulk of diaper bag. hehe. No choice right if we wanna store milk. Am thinking wah when we go out have to bring breast pumps, cooler bag, diaper bag...wow!
happy.gif

Kimmy, I want get a fridge to go original or pigeon fridge to go, not ordinary cooler bag. Think some diaper bags like some Skip Hop have insulated compartments if juz want an ordinary cooler bag can use that instead. I want get a fridge to go to transport bm to my mil house during bb full month shower. I'm holding bb shower at two venues, one at my mum's for my relatives n frens n another at my mil for her relatives and frens. Not having one at my own house coz no point since bb is staying at my mum's house n I dun want to specially go to my house to clean up before n after the bb shower juz to entertain my mil's frens n her relatives. Also dun want her breathing down my neck w her incessant nagging if bb cries during bf at her house so better keep supply of bm ready.

Anyway, I think diaper bags r only sufficient for compact packing of bb stuff so that u can find them easily but if want bring along many other things like breast pump n food warmer, think most prob you will need to carry extra bag. Most diaper bags r not v big except some Skip Hop, but the big Skip Hops I saw at kkh some pockets r velcro instead of zips.

Kimmy, I want get a fridge to go original or pigeon fridge to go, not ordinary cooler bag. Think some diaper bags like some Skip Hop have insulated compartments if juz want an ordinary cooler bag can use that instead. I want get a fridge to go to transport bm to my mil house during bb full month shower. I'm holding bb shower at two venues, one at my mum's for my relatives n frens n another at my mil for her relatives and frens. Not having one at my own house coz no point since bb is staying at my mum's house n I dun want to specially go to my house to clean up before n after the bb shower juz to entertain my mil's frens n her relatives. Also dun want her breathing down my neck w her incessant nagging if bb cries during bf at her house so better keep supply of bm ready.

Anyway, I think diaper bags r only sufficient for compact packing of bb stuff so that u can find them easily but if want bring along many other things like breast pump n food warmer, think most prob you will need to carry extra bag. Most diaper bags r not v big except some Skip Hop, but the big Skip Hops I saw at kkh some pockets r velcro instead of zips.

Kimmy, if u r breast feeding, u hv the least of things to bring! U latch on! No cooler bag n no pump. U feed on demand.

Kimmy, if u r breast feeding, u hv the least of things to bring! U latch on! No cooler bag n no pump. U feed on demand.

Actually, I hv bought 3 bags to use as diaper/bb bags. 2 from France n one diaper bag from Cartier one of the bags from France is big, I can use as a Travelling bag too when I bring bb for holidays. :p

Actually, I hv bought 3 bags to use as diaper/bb bags. 2 from France n one diaper bag from Cartier one of the bags from France is big, I can use as a Travelling bag too when I bring bb for holidays. :p

Anyway, I also gotten nursing cover at Mums &amp; Babes for $20 plus, dun know whether there will be cheaper ones at bb fair though. N I attended the breast feeding class recently at kkh tps, it was quite informative for a first timer plus they give a free breastfeeding DVD which I haven't open yet.

Anyway, I also gotten nursing cover at Mums &amp; Babes for $20 plus, dun know whether there will be cheaper ones at bb fair though. N I attended the breast feeding class recently at kkh tps, it was quite informative for a first timer plus they give a free breastfeeding DVD which I haven't open yet.

Hazel, I'm also thinking if I can't find a suitable diaper bag, I will get a big tote bag n munchkins diaper organizer to put in it instead. Ha, I have been bugging my hubby for a Kate Spade diaper bag, but frankly if stained by wet stuff ( milk, poo) so sayang. He always tell me that the allowance he gave me every month is equivalent to giving me a LV every month liao. Haiz. Wow, u got a Cartier for diaper bag! Envy envy

Hazel, I'm also thinking if I can't find a suitable diaper bag, I will get a big tote bag n munchkins diaper organizer to put in it instead. Ha, I have been bugging my hubby for a Kate Spade diaper bag, but frankly if stained by wet stuff ( milk, poo) so sayang. He always tell me that the allowance he gave me every month is equivalent to giving me a LV every month liao. Haiz. Wow, u got a Cartier for diaper bag! Envy envy

When i was at Paris few years ago, hubby read the price tags grumbled about everything. Ended up only get perfumes n small ticket items, haiz

When i was at Paris few years ago, hubby read the price tags grumbled about everything. Ended up only get perfumes n small ticket items, haiz

Kimmy
Calcium carbonate and citrate can be found in calcium supplements (those found in health shop/pharmacies). Whereas milk, yogurt, and cheese are rich natural sources of calcium.

Kimmy
Calcium carbonate and citrate can be found in calcium supplements (those found in health shop/pharmacies). Whereas milk, yogurt, and cheese are rich natural sources of calcium.

Hazel, thanks
happy.gif
The city chic one looks quite okay; I'm also looking more for something hubby can carry too, so not too gender specific ones. But 1 more choice for consideration.
happy.gif

Hazel, thanks
happy.gif
The city chic one looks quite okay; I'm also looking more for something hubby can carry too, so not too gender specific ones. But 1 more choice for consideration.
happy.gif

RitzC, where can I get munchkins diaper organizer. If u hubby to carry, is better to get a backpack. Check our campler at raffles city. I may get one of that too later :p

RitzC, where can I get munchkins diaper organizer. If u hubby to carry, is better to get a backpack. Check our campler at raffles city. I may get one of that too later :p

Bb stuff Like diapers, hankies, wet tissues, extra set of clothes, etc. I plan to put into ziplog bags. Not environmental friendly but can change n throw after a few times. Cleaner also :p

Www.gmarket,com.sg. Also has many cheap diaper organizer!

Bb stuff Like diapers, hankies, wet tissues, extra set of clothes, etc. I plan to put into ziplog bags. Not environmental friendly but can change n throw after a few times. Cleaner also :p

Www.gmarket,com.sg. Also has many cheap diaper organizer!

Back