(2012/12) Dec 2012

I also learnt the violin for a year last year... but at CC, cheap fees but teaching not that fantastic. Mostly is i self explore one..

Now i think i can pass my violin to my kid liao haha!

My teacher never paste the fingering stickers for me as i have music background.. getting the right key is damnnnnnnnnnnnn difficult! I have to sit infront of my organ to make sure i am pressing correctly, its always either too flat or too sharp! -.-

bloom, ya, she does the cooking. Actually is she and my sis's maid. Both me and sis will bring our kid(s) and maid to my mom place in the morning and fetch them back at night.

bloom:

there are many reasons why a husband will be tempted by maid... sometimes it's voodoo, sometimes it's more complicated... sometimes it's mid life crisis, sometimes it's really the maid keep pushing and pushing. some women have a lot of tricks.

it's not so much that i want to be SAHM... i feel it's an obligation so i just have to do it. seems like most asians i know, do not want to be sahm... it's much harder than just going to work...

I have been a sahm since conceiving my #1 3 yrs ago. My intention is to go back to workforce once #2 is 2yrs old.

Speaking of Maid woes, we hired a maid in Apr, just nice the mth tt I found tt I'm pregnant agn but I very kiasee. I went to my fortune teller to calculate the bazi of my family mbers agst those of the shortlisted maids before hiring. It is very hard for a hands on mum to delegate tasks to the maid initially. Cos I keep wanting to say feed/bathe her myself until my puking worsens & hubby insisted tt the maid do these tasks.

Good thing is my gal likes the maid but even though we calculate bazi, got a new no experience pinoy maid(thinking tt pinoys at least can converse in English & not so exasperating as Indon maids) I still can pull my hair out over the things she does. Really must close 2 eyes at times.

berryjay:

there is a saying: if you marry for money, you will have to earn every bit of it.

it's not so simple as just being well-off enough not to work...

if you are good wife, you are expected to and will have to do all the house management, cooking, cleaning, mind the baby, teach the baby, look after accounting, etc etc... it's a 24 hours, 7 days job. no holiday, no bonus, no day off.

if you are bad wife, you just hire people to do all that for you while you go and enjoy yourself at the spa... and waste all your husband's money...

so if you wake up and think you don't have to go to work, you have to decide whether you are going to mind the house, the family and teach the kids, etc... or are you going to the spa? or is it better just to go and work for money while someone else minds your kids?

wa.. it is not easy to have 2 maid in a household.. but i would say in my opinion it is good for ur mum.
happy.gif

joyce - my primary instrument is piano. I picked up violin last year and havent got a chance to sit for any exam then #1 was born.

In my opinion, for serious learning of any instrument, best to start at 7YO. this is when the child has the kind of attention span and is able to grasp the concept well and put into practice. But having said that, my youngest student was a 3 1/2 YO girl. She was really cute but the learning progress was slow. Sometimes, have to teach her a little maths before can proceed on.

I had to give up my part time piano teaching after #1 was born. I thought I could manage 2 jobs plus a baby... but no... I over estimated myself.

sorry angel9... are u expecting another child in Dec 12?

BTW, maid having affair with hb. I have to say, hb can have affair with anyone, not necessarily maid. The bottomline is if there is a strong foundation in the marriage, there is no room for a 3rd party to even try to enter.

joyce, no captial can do what business? I don't think can pay me what I'm drawing now. So tough... I don't have special skill like piano or what. my piano grade only up to grade 5, cannot teach. I'm only good at shopping. Where got shopper job?? hahaha...

Hi all, I am new to this thread. Can update me into the chart?

EDD: 21 Dec 2012 (C-section)
Dr Ang Huai Yan
Birth order: 2
Gleneagles Hospital
Baby's gender: Boy

Thank you

Pommes, for a 5yo to start learning piano, do I have to get a proper piano for her ? Or just a keyboard would do fine ?
Don't really wish to start investing in a proper one so early, just in case she lost her interests..

bloom, true. but my sis maid requested that I have a maid too. cos initially i bring #1 over but my mom will help to take care. So my sis maid have to handle all the housework at my mom place. So before i get my maid , we alr told her. No quarreling. If there is conflict, we will send either one back. So both of them guai guai and share the work load.

Pommes, totally agree on that. Before marriage, me and hubby had a talk about family planning, commuincations etc. Agreement if he or myself decided to go off course, by all means. But just have to bear the consequences.

angel9, everybody have their own culture, practice and belief. some prefer more balance in life between work and family but some people believe family is the only goal. There is no right or wrong to it.

snowen - yes, for a start, a keyboard is good so that the child can practice. you can tell if the child has keen interest, if she/ he returns from lesson and eager to play all the piece learnt. Also also eager for the next lesson to come.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Prediction </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Chinese Chart) </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Girl (different symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Enerus</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1 (twins)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Tan HH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>snowen</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. A L Lim</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Chinese Chart + Fortune teller) </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>wen1982</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Oei Pau Ling</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>berryjay</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>risbaby</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>kikismom</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>asamgelugor</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Vincent Lee</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>caecilia</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Different symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Chinese Chart) </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>ohoh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr. Jazlan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Rsingh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>yanny5515</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (same symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Rummi</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (6th sense) </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Mrs Cheah</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>huggsss Angela</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. L C Cheng</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Angelic</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Girl (6th Sense) </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Chen Han Lin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Little Blue</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>mi_baby</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Anita Kale</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Girl (different symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>chu_chu_pp</TD><TD>16-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>baby yin</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>littleantz</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Lim Yuin Wen</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Joyce Lim (Father : Goi)</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Shettles Method) </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Desiree</TD><TD>21-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Kong Kong</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. CH Koh</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>xtb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>caroline05</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Chuan Wee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>liaoyuean</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Mary Yang</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Loh</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Daph</TD><TD>25-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Selvi</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (6th sense?) </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Pommes</TD><TD>28-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Seng Shay Way</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>evilicious</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Mummy Koh</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>purplewish80</TD><TD>30-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Jellow</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Esther Ng</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Mag</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Goh Yong Chew</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Queque</TD><TD>3-Jan (TBC when c-sect date is fixed)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>icydolphin</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>BP</TD><TD>9-Jan</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Forum's been busy since the last time i checked in!

Pommes, I agree with u on hubby straying. If he wants to have an affair, it could be anyone and more likely a colleague than a maid. Really need to keep maintaining the relationship rather than running on auto-pilot mode.

As for being a stay-home mom, I'm not a mom yet so I cant say what i will do in future but right now, i'm being more selfish. Would wanna work so that I can enjoy a social life outside of home. Besides I'm staying with my in-laws, can't imagine being with my MIL 24 hrs a day! (Disclaimer: Not that she's a terror!)

yes i am sick of hearing people say : oh you are stay at home mum. so easy! can do everything yourself and cook for the baby. very easy! can do what you want, no need to work. so good!

my god if only it is so easy. if so easy why doesn't everyone do it?

a lot of working mothers also say: waa so good, so easy, not like me, have to work. you no need to work. so easy! blarbarblar.

what nonsense. sahm mother is no easy at all. it is greater responsibility and much harder than actually going out to work. n theres no pay or whatever.

nah, those ppl are those who nv truely stayed at home to take care of their kids before. Thats why they will say such nonsense. Dun be bothered with them. Not worth.

Of cos SAHM is tough! I dun think i can take it.
Just ask my hubby can dun go work or not for fun in the morning but will still automatically get out of bed and drag myself to work... haha..

I'm a stay at home mom.really tiring...no maternity leave no MC no AL No Childcare leave.
But no regrets,the bonding time we spend together is priceless.
I wanted my child to grow up thru play and lots of fun.I want to be there when they need me most..not maid or anyone.Therefore quit my job and be a SAHM.

thanks, pommes.

sun_tan, it is good that both maids behave and guai guai. work load delegated among themselves. Do you allow hp for ur maid? m trying to set alternatives for my new maid coz i really hope she will last till she finishes her contract.

bloom, so far no. She requested for it and i say no cos its the rule of the agency that we employer dun let them keep hp. But i might consider letting her keep 1 next time. She has been with me for only 3 mths. So i am still monitoring her performance. Even if i give her, i will set rules, ie morning hand over the phone to me and i will give it back to her after she finishes her work at night. During the day she will be at my mom place, so i dun think she will try to be funny also. I am still the main caregiver of my boy. She only helps with the housework and cooking. Also subsequently if her performance is good, i might grant her off days once in a while. But for the time being, i believe in being strict and set ground rules first. If she is good, i will reward her with off days or maybe a little bonus at year end.

i've seen many different types of maid... i am even "friends" (not by choice) with some of these maids who have tricked other people's husbands... and seriously, some of them will try all sorts of tricks that you cannot even imagine, to get to the husband... just be wary...

my parents worked when i was little and i never saw them. it was terrible. i was like a poor little rich girl, an orphan, no one to love... have to play by myself, do everything myself... even migrate to another country by myself, travel by myself, etc... it was very lonely... and i was only a minor... a child... so i decided my children will not feel this sadness and loneliness... so i chose to be sahm... have to give up a lot of things to be sahm... but i prefer if my children don't hate me for leaving them alone...

sun_tan, do you set out housework timetable for your maid ?
Am thinking if it is necessary or its ok to let the maid arrange timing on own.

For me, am thinking of getting a maid to do housework and maybe help jagar baby when my mom is cooking, bathing.

Snowen,

I just tell my maid what needs to be done daily, weekly and monthly. She plans the duties herself.

I write the dinner menus weekly coz she has the tendancy to cook for an army! end up a lot of wasted food.

ah.. my previous maid requested for hp when she was with me for the 1st mth..
i do agree by letting them have it later if they work with us for much longer ie 1yr or at least after their loan.
does she go home with you everyday or she stays at ur mum's place?
mine will stay with my parents, i look after #1 when m hm

i have a timetable for my maid but none of them follow.
i do feel like a failure when comes to handling maid. *arghhh*
i can feel stress creeping towards me again.

angel9, It all depends on the parents. Even though i am a full time working mom, i still get to read to my #1 at night, play with him for a while and put him to bed. And during weekends, all my time would be on him. Once in a while, hubby and I would take leave on weekdays and bring him out. So i guess even being a working mom, as long as there is proper planning, everything is possible. Even though my mom take care and sees my boy from mon to friday (much more than i do), but my boy is still closer to me. If i am there, i would be his number choice. I have frens who are SAHM but they still send their kids to playgroup during the day. Main aim is to let the kid interact with others and also to learn in a different environment. Exposure to them is very impt too. So to me, being taken care by diff ppl also teaches them how to live with others.

bloom, for the time being she stays at my mom place from mon-fri. I will bring her home on fri night and back to my mom place on mon morning. Cos i feel that no pt following me home during weekdays night when i can handle #1 by myself for now. But when #2 comes along, i would need her to follow me everyday. Cos hubby is F&amp;B line, so most of the time he knock off very late. Thus i would need maid's help after #2 arrives.

snowen, i also nv set timetable for her. My maid can be considered as being trained by my mom. so when she comes over my place on weekends, she will know what is expected of her to be done. I let her plan her own timing. If there are clothes to be iron, i will pass to her on fri night then she will plan her own time when to do it over the weekends.

I am SAHM, and yes it's hard, but I think even those who work have it hard. Whole day have to work then after work tired still have to look after kids, especially in SG where they have to monitor the kids' homework. Honestly, I think bottom line, whether SAHM or working mum, being a mum is hard work. It's a responsibility you cannnot escape from.

What's wrong with giving maid hp? My maid has hp since day 1. I think if I were her, working in a foreign family's house for 2 years, no one to talk to, I will be very miserable! Should at least give her the ability to connect with her own family and friends.

suntan, is she your 1st maid? u are lucky that she doesnt complain abt moving between 2 places. n she seems quite "auto". how i wish my next one will have "auto-ness" in her.
ur maid has exp here or other country?

karen, yes totally agree!

Joyce, I still let my maid call home. I bought her a calling card. So as and when she wants she can call home using our house phone. We have no restriction on that. Some maids get mischievous when they have hp. But of cos not everyone is the same. so i will monitor my maid first. Then when i feel that its appropriate, i will let her keep her own hp. I have a fren who has a filipino maid she is super good! Her hp has data plan and she even has FB. All of us added her in fb lol. But her maid really very rare case. Very good in housework as well as taking care of her boy for her. Envy her that she managed to get such a good one.

hi mummies to be,

I have a few sample packets and half a tin of pregnancy powder (similac) to be given away

Coz i find it a waste to throw away these so

mummies who dun mind the balance milk powder pls PM me

thanks

joyce, nothing wrong with maid having hp..
it depends on individual.some will be in control when to use it. some maids steal from the family to sustain her phone cards.

bloom, ya, she is my 1st. When we are searching for a maid, we already told the agency our arrangement. And when we interview the maid, we also brought up this matter to her. Dun wan to catch them by suprise if we didnt lay this condition down upfront. She has a few months exp with a previous owner (5 mths). But that employer is super strict. Everything also cannot and keep complaining abt her cleaning. So when she comes to my place and me being the super bo-chap type, she felt very much relax as i dun go harping on her to do this, do that. I let her be. And sometimes when we go out during weekends, we will bring her along, so she will skip some work too. must rest and relax too for them.

ohhh my cousin has this arrangement in singapore: hire day care nanny. so she puts the kid at the day nanny's house for whole day. 7am to 7pm. every day. so she only picks up at night. so by the time she brings the baby home, the baby is already sleeping. so only need to change 1 or 2 nappies a day and don't even need to feed anything except 1 bottle of milk per day. so really, if there is someone else minding the kid for the whole day, i think it's easier than a sahm mother who has to change 8 diapers a day, feed 6 times a day, bring the kid out, play with the kid, listen to the kid scream, etc...

Hi mummies,
I'm currently 10 preggy with #3. Did notdo any oscar for my #1 &amp; #2 but this time round i switch gynae and my gynae asked if i want to do oscar screening as he encourage all his patients to go for it. I'm currently 31 yrs old.

Agreed with you angel9. My boy went IFC I also very easy. Coz we bring him back only need to wipe down once more as he perspires easily and we only changed pampers twice-thrice on weekday and no need prepare meals for him. Only give him two-three milk feed at night. hehe... Weekend he always make me crazy by his mischievous act and with so many diaper change and feeding. Not easy for SAHM who look after kids full day with no helping hands. But again, the bonding really is priceless.

Btw, for moms with #1 or #2,do you all plan home activities with your kids? I am running out of ideas what to do with my boy at home on weekends le. Do share ideas if you have any to recommend
happy.gif

sun-tan, it is good that she remembers the arrangement after you brought her home. Good for u!

the maid's atitude and commitment towards work is really important. in such cases then the maid is genuinely a help to the faimly.

nice evening to all!
happy.gif

sun_tan: Wah that maid is super happening... even have facebook! My maid is not bad so far, quite dependable. Hope she stays this way.

I can't wait to have Baby E! :D

On the topic of husbands cheating, there's a thread in the main forum about how a wife saw a weird SMS on her husband's phone, confronted him, and he confessed to visiting prostitutes. And surprisingly, a lot of mothers from the forum have cheating husbands!

Loh,
Thanks. previously only do triple test n detail scan. but this gynae do not do triple test but oscar instead. was wondering if it is sufficient just to go for detail scan.

sun_tan - during weekends, we usually go out. If hb needs to work, then I will be home whole day with #1. Usually #1 naps the longest in the morning. Afternoon, he has his meal, play a bit of toy. Read a bit of books. Sometimes do a bit of flash cards. Then try to make him nap again.

When he is up again, the routine repeats. He is at the crawling stage now, trying to learn how to sit up and trying to stand up. So he can be quite preoccupied with these actions.

Sometimes, he gets too cranky in the afternoon, i bring him out to the nearby mall. Walk walk around and enjoy the air con.

morning,

Pommes, ic. Those are the times that they are the cutest! Always like to see how #1 made efforts to do all those. My #1 is coming 2 yrs old next mth. The terrible two..hai..cant sit still and always full of energy. Must keep thinking of new activities for him if not he will get bored easily.

Back