(2012/12) Dec 2012

sun_tan, 2 yr old is also a fun age...even though it's terrible too =)

this is a good time to help them learn to speak more words...as well as giving them those large crayons or any paper cups / plates and stuff from kitchen to let them play around... have fun..

i'm on leave today..going out with hubby and my girl later =)

Morning ladies!

Snowen, my maid's cooking is like the stock market.. sometimes good sometimes bad. Sometimes i need to fine tune when i get home. hahaha..

really, the confinement rate is whatever people are willing to pay.

$3400 is the highest i have heard. is it for real?

the day and stay in confinement rate is the same as the nanny has to go and find housing, food, transport, etc everyday.

but usually the rate for this year ranges from $1800 to $3000 depending on popularity and experience of nanny.

please don't overpay. it will only encourgae them to any how charge.

The market rate for an overnight confinement nanny is about $2.3k. I should think that a day CL should be cheaper. $3.4k seems like a ridiculous rate.

wah $3400?? I'm only paying my stay-in CL $2200, doesn't make sense that the day-time CL will be 1.5x of a stay-in CL.. xta is right.. i also wanna be day-time CL when i retire then.. hahahaha

oh gosh, what company or what nanny is this that charges $3400?? is it for 28 days?

better not buy into their nonsense. if you pay that, then of course they will be happy to charge that.

that is why too much. total rip off.

confinement nanny has many many duties and jobs to do. but the bad ones do very little and are not up to standard, but still charge the same as the good ones... it is not easy to be good confinement nanny. but very easy to be lazy, lousy confinement nanny.

those nanny who only do it for the money are usually the lousy ones. they don't care about you or your children. i have experience in this and i can tell those money grabbers from those who really care.

don't waste your money on "convenience" and get some lousy nanny. better get a proper, professional nanny.

Hey Ladies,

Just joined this thread, and my baby's due in Dec too~

EDD: 7 Dec 2012
Dr K T Tan
Birth order: 1
Hospital: KKH

Did my oscar last month, baby's healthy and very active. Even 'waved' to my hubby and me. =)

oh ok... will source for another one then...

u ladies got a gd one to recommend?

Btw the company is A-Team Amah & Cleaner...they got this confinement lady service...

PM me. i have some to recommend.

a-team is famous for ove-charging. they are used to expat clients who will pay any thing.

Mrs Heng,
I considering to get a day or part time confinment too. Dun want a stay in cos will be breastfeeding bb so i will take care myself. $3400 seems to be over charged when the rest said stay in is only abt $2200.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Prediction </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Chinese Chart) </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Girl (different symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Enerus</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1 (twins)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Tan HH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>snowen</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. A L Lim</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Chinese Chart + Fortune teller) </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Lyn</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. K T Tan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>wen1982</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Oei Pau Ling</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>berryjay</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>risbaby</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>kikismom</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>asamgelugor</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A/ TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Vincent Lee</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>caecilia</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Different symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Chinese Chart) </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>ohoh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr. Jazlan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Rsingh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>yanny5515</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (same symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Rummi</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr Tony Tan</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (6th sense) </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Mrs Cheah</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>huggsss Angela</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. L C Cheng</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Angelic</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Girl (6th Sense) </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Chen Han Lin</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Little Blue</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>mi_baby</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Anita Kale</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Girl (different symptoms) </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>chu_chu_pp</TD><TD>16-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>baby yin</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>littleantz</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Lim Yuin Wen</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Joyce Lim (Father : Goi)</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (Shettles Method) </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Desiree</TD><TD>21-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Kong Kong</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. CH Koh</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>xtb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>caroline05</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Chuan Wee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>liaoyuean</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Mary Yang</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Loh</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Daph</TD><TD>25-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Selvi</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Boy (6th sense?) </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Pommes</TD><TD>28-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Seng Shay Way</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>evilicious</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Mummy Koh</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>purplewish80</TD><TD>30-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Jellow</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Esther Ng</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Mag</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Goh Yong Chew</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Queque</TD><TD>3-Jan (TBC when c-sect date is fixed)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>icydolphin</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>BP</TD><TD>9-Jan</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD>TBA</td></tr></table>

Welcome Lyn! So cute... bb still wave to u
happy.gif

wah Lyn ur bb and mine is the same... very active even this small....mine not only during OSCAR...every scan also keep moving n waving....

why CL so ex meh? Mine only $2,300. I already paid deposit of $300 to confirm. $3400 is crazy!!! I think this is the price for mummy who has twins!

Mrs Heng,
Is this yr 1st bb? Why not get a full time confinment lady? Actually was thinking of getting my Mil to help but she is taking care of sil's 4 yo and i know sil is selfish enough not to take leave to take care of her own dd to release mil to help me. What is the common rate? Charge by per day or per hour basis? Any idea?

no its my 2nd bb...last round done by my in law...but find it very inconvenient to stay at her place...

thts y this round engaging confinement lady...

Mrs Heng,
I also had my last confinment done by my mil after sil told me she would take a month leave to care for her newborn. In the end she played me out by sending all her 3 kids back to mil's house to stay for a month the 3rd day i discharged from hospital. End up I got to take care of #1 n my newborn. This time round, I din even bother to ask. Was struggling if i should get a part time or totally go without 1.

oh ic ic...

im getting day confinement lady cos I dont need her help at nite... and since my #1 is staying with my in law during weekdays... so its ok with this arrangement...

so have you engage ur confinement lady?

Mrs Heng,
No yet. taking my own sweet time to source around cos all fully booked. wakaka. Was thinking if i can't find then make do without 1 since now both #1&amp; #2 are in childcare.

Mrs Heng,
Was thinking to get my mum to cook for the 1st week n hubby to pick it up from her cos most likely c-cest. The rest of the week hubby do marketing n i cook.

yup yup...
I aso order confinement tingkat fr food caterer.
Den noon my MIL den come help me take care bb &amp; help me in all necessary stuff.

I don't know what about you girls, but I didn't eat anything special during my last confinement. In fact, there was no heavy dose of sesame oil, no trace of vinegar (never liked vinegar) and I didn't even have much tonic (I can't stand the yucky taste of brewed chicken in DOM).

My confinement auntie cooked simple and nutritious meals for me which I think is good enough.

I even bathed twice a day (with the herbs), washed my hair daily, had plain water (though i drink red date tea too) and went out a couple of times, even to facial.

Haha... I am a very bad example of lady in confinement. I totally didn't conform to the norm.

Mrs Heng,
For my last c-sect, I statred bathing my newborn myself starting the 2nd week and totally hands on taking care of my #1 when was 15 months back then thou we moved to stay with mil. She was alredy overwhelm taking care of sil's 3 kids. From bathing to changing n totally breastfeeding of my #2, I was totally on my own. She cooks 2 meals for me.
For the 1st week wound was super pain but 2nd week onwards, it was bearable.

Littleantz,
I still cooking dinner for the family everynight after work. Hubby was suggesting to take in a part time confinment nanny to handle just the cooking. But this yr everyone is fully booked.

Pommes,
All my food will be sesame oil but no pig trotters. Parent said tt is only for teochew n cantonnese ppl. Every week black chicken soup n no Dom for me. Will faint at the smell.

BBlove, you are power leh! Admire you! I like supermom!
happy.gif
Then who help u to bathe BB and cook during the first week when your wound is very pain and not convenient to move around?

URGENT: GUI LAN Auntie! Confinement Lady

Dear Mummies To Be,

For mummies whom have engaged Gui Lan's Auntie for the coming months.

Please note that she have lost her sg handphone number. You may wish to contact her at 83558541

You may also find her on Facebook @ Wong Qui Lan

Thank You!

Hi ladies, I can't find a suitable place to conduct the yoga class. Looks like gotta skip this idea....

Anyone staying in punggol or northeast area wanna share cab to either Forum or ECP for yoga class on sat at 11am?

PM me if you are interested ok?

Bp
During my #1,my gynae says it's ok to travel.she advised me not to take Asian flights,they are more strict on this.But of course u got to check with ur gynae on ur condition.I'm still very active till the day I go in labour,I had no problems.

Helping an auntie post this thread and see if the response is good. Made of good quality cotton cloth and cute design picture for you to choose. Mattress cover come in either zip form which is fully cover for both side or rubber band form which cover 1 side of the mattress. Looking at $10 for size smaller than 70cm x 100cm and pillow case at $3 each. email to [email protected] if u have any other enquiries.

wen1982,
will be travelling to germany. i m not sure if i am able to take take the long distant flight by that time even flying in business class.
Tummy will be big by that time and have to keep running to toliet.
But i do not want to miss the chance to enjoy the cool weather in Europe before i give birth plus shopping as well.

Back