(2012/12) Dec 2012

I had some sharp pain that last awhile like 1 -2 sec. Yesterday when I was walking, I get that sudden sharp pain again, this time for slightly longer period and more intense that I think my walking was abit "twisted"

Not too sure if its the same pain we talking about here. Kind of worried is everything ok or not..

morning mommies! wondering how big your tummy is now?
here's mine at 12 weeks. it seems much bigger compare to my #1
7102517.jpg

Actually I am worried cos the pain lasted for a good 20 min or more when you girls are having it for a few seconds? Also I had some unknown abdominal pain twice last year which I was almost admitted into hospital (but I refused). The doctors could not pin down to anything after xrays and ultrasounds but mentioned it could be due to the scars of my old appendicitis operation. I guess I am seeing my gynae this sat and I should mention about this.

Oh-oh: Now that you mentioned, I remember there was once last week I felt a sharp pain on my left side. Initially I thought it might be hernia, but it went away and hasn't come back.

Yeah, should check with gynae. He/she should be able to guess what it could be and if it's abnormal.

wah, so many post ytd...

I prefer Mt. A. coz I delivered my #1 there and the nurses very nice and friendly. I also noticed those mummies who delivered at Mt. A. are likely to suceed in bf more than those delivered in TMC. I am not sure why, but it is shown among my surrounding friends. TMC I nv heard my friends can bf the bb in the delivery suite at the earliest possible moment after bb is born, whereas the nurses let me and helped me latch my BB in delivery suite as I told them I want to tbf my bb and would like to latch my bb as soon as they are born, at the earliest possible time. Every 3 hrs they will come and help guide me on the right latching also. Make sure I am okay then leave me with the bb.

TMC treated me quite well when I delivered my #1 there. They let me latch the baby in the delivery suite after they cleaned up and wrapped the baby, although I never gave them any instructions. My overall experience there in 2009 was quite positive but I am not sure whether things are still the same there now.

Updates from Motherhood Fair:

- Goon diapers (NB & S size) - $15 per pack
- Pigeon wipes (1 carton - 4 packs of 6's) - $78 (free 200ml liquid detergent)
- Pigeon Liquid detergent (4 packs) - $35
- See Kai Run baby/toddler shoes are on sale
- baby mittens and booties are selling for 4 sets for $10 (comes in a set of pair od booties and a pair of mittens)

Hi Yiping,

I just went for my Oscar on Monday-28/5. My Gynae mentioned that I could have breakfast. As I was pretty worried and I only had a glass of Milo before my scan.

Hi Ladies,
Anyone here who has got their Oscar results? My baby's ratio is 1 : 1500. Is this an OK range? My Gynae said there should be nothing to be worried about. I'm just trying to gather more information.

Thanks!

Fluffy, I am quite out of touch with baby stuff. Would you know whether those that you mentioned are good deals? I intend to go there tomorrow but I have no clue what I want to buy.

mamaling,

- goon diapers would be a good buy coz they are ard 50% off.

- mittens and booties are fairly ok, not very cheap.

- no discount for wet wipes. liquid detergent is slightly cheaper per pack.

Fluffy, thanks for the info! Are the goon diapers still more ex than pampers after discount? Not really sure whether to get so good diapers since we change them every 3 hours. Stingy mummy
happy.gif

I like the NTUC wet wipes. Cheaper and quite thick also.

joyce lim, my face, upper body and arm look smaller.. my collar bone oso more obvious den before preggy.. even my doc told me i look like i have lost weight. anyway today i am feeling better, not so nauseous compared to before. finger cross!!

Sasayeo,

With reference to the Oscar Test, you gotta have a scan followed by a blood test. I haven't heard anyone just going for the scan for Oscar. Apparently, the results from the blood test that more reliable.

Fluffy, what's wrong with pampers that makes you dislike it so much? But I don't usually buy so much because I find it quite ex. But actually Mamy Poko is also about the same price, but Mamy is thicker.

sasayeo: go ask ur gynae

no worries de

i told my gynae i wan do blood test at this clinic on 04 jun but oscar on 11 jun

i didnt even know its 2 related things. i only thot it 2 separate matters

rem to call n ask ok??

mi baby: Wah ok, but it's gd ur tummy isn't affected by the weight loss. I read that first time mothers will start to show only later, and seasoned mothers will show earlier
happy.gif

Slow day at work, I've been reading May2012 and Jun2012's threads. Very exciting, some telling birth stories, others waiting to be induced!

Hi sasayeo, I'm with Dr Loke and I went for scan only. I did ask dr abt it and he said not to waste money coz if the scan shows any abnormalities they will request u to do bld test immediately. Me too went for scan today and spend 5hrs there coz my bb position not rite.. At last after smooth talking and bribing baby manage to get a good shot.. 

Hi mummies, i have done my oscar today at radlink paragon.... Really excited see the baby moving.... Baby quite cooperative, relax n stay still, if the sonographer wants to view other side, she just ask me coughing than the baby will make a move so cute ^^ waiting for results....

Oh yeah they took 4 tube blood.... Fiuhhh really scared me off

Hihi!!
I just tested im preg n thinking to visit Dr Kang Wee.
Anyone can advise if its ok to go directly to her clinic w/o making appt? Is her charges very high?
Thank U

Haiz...I got brownish discharge again yesterday after it stopped for 3 days...Now gynae ask me to go see him again today..Wish me luck!

Hi Elina,

I'm with Dr Kang Wee, Its best you give them a call to make an appt. On some days she don't have afternoon clinics and her appts for the day may be full. Do you need her number?

Oh... Thank u fluffy.
happy.gif
yup i found it on e web. Is her charges high? She good? Sorry to ask so much cox its my 1st pregnancy.. Feels excited... :D

Good luck Mummy Koh! I have a colleague who bled fresh blood throughout her pregnancy but her baby came out fine. Hope yours is a mild case.

Got a question -- those with packages with their doctors, does your doctor do an ultrasound every visit, and does he charge for those scans separately?

I'm going to see Dr Kenneth Lee coz last night was up vomiting till 3am, throat hurts, want to make sure it's not an infection. Prefer seeing him to normal GPs just in case GPs anyhow prescribe me unsuitable meds.

Will Kenneth Lee charge me extra for consultation, on top of my package? Purplewish any idea? The rest what do you guys think? I called up the clinic and the asst doesn't know much.

Mummy Koh, Good luck and take care.

Elina, I find her friendly and reassuring. She delivered my #1 in KKH. My #1 was induced and ended up waiting for 50 plus hrs before my daughter decided to come out. I almost give up and asked for C-Sect, she kept telling my that i could go for natural and encouage me to hang on awhile more. And eventually I did deliver my girl naturally and i'm thankful for her encouragement.

Her charges are fairly ok, that what I feel. And the wait at her clinc is not long, which is what I like so I can take time off from work if I need to see her on a weekday.

Hope this helps!

Oh my!! 50hrs?!! Thats very long... But luckily u pull through e difficult stage.
happy.gif
glad to know e doc is very encouraging too. I tink tats very impt.
I've make an appt with her on next tue, looking forward to it.
happy.gif

Elina,

Maybe we will meet at her clinic one of these days. but I normally see her on Sat coz I want to bring my daughter to see her sibling. :)

How many weeks are you now?

Actually i just found out im preg using the test lit, haven seen any doc yet. Tot i can go down n c her today n get mc but cant coz fully booked.
sad.gif

Im so tired till i nv go to wrk loh... Hehe
Ya, i tink we may have chance to mit. Can arrange too to book
On e same day too?
happy.gif

Elina, if you just tested positive. Your EDD may be in Jan 2013.

You're in your 1st trimester, its normal to be so tired.

My visits are now monthly coz i'm in my 2nd tri. yours should be more freq now. My next appt with her is on 16th June. =)

Yeah something wrong with fb. Congrats Elina! Its norm to feel tired at this stage.

Anyone know if we can eat hashima now?

sasayeo,my ms was bad so all my MC used up. from now on i have to take unpaid leave or use AL.. AL also drying up.. haizz..
And regards to OSCAR dont worry like i said I did my scan only at TMC and end of mth doing bld test in the clinic.. now my visit is once every 4 weeks.. I'm sure Dr Loke will be informing u abt bld test too..
happy.gif

Maybe when you MC runs out, you can get your gynae to issue hospitalisation leave?

i have 12 days MC + 10.5 days AL + 2 days extra personal leave... 24.5 days to "clear" before i go pop! My friend ask me to ask Gynae to give hospitalisation leave 2 weeks before popping also.. woooh!

Supposed to get my confirmation ytd, but i was on MC for my Oscar + Gynae visit. Hope everything is well ah!

xta - better check with ur HRD whether they consider the hospitalization leave before delivering as part of the maternity leave. My compnay consider any hospitalization leave taken before delivery date as part of the maternity leave. So I worked till the very last day.

joycelim - in my previous gynae's package, any additional visits (eg flu) is chargeable (not within the package)

I see that most of you entering 2nd trimester with baby bump. Me? not entering that phrase yet and no bump. In my 10th week and MS hits me very hard now. Really wish can go over to 2nd trimester soon.

BTW, I told my immediate boss about my pregnancy. A little concerned abt work but nonetheless, she took it quite well. Next up is telling the big boss. Abit scare of his reaction.

Pommes: Ok, i will check and see what my boss take when she is due in Sept... My boss taking 16 weeks of maternity directly! Shioks lor!

mi_baby - how many weeks are you at now? you make me very excited!

XTA - i didn't clear all my maternity leave at one shot. I came back to work earlier but with the remaining maternity leave, I used it for baby's vaccination appointment. No need to use my AL or childcare leave. Also very shiok!

Back