(2012/12) Dec 2012

Jlj: oh ic... Yesterday my gynea also increasing the volume and we can hear the heartbeat..... But if clearer n i can not see, So need to take my hubby also hahahah

Cos when the doc at tmc was trying hard to scan, i was lying down and my hb was standing beside me watching the screen. The doc shake my tummy hoping my bb will shift to the right position and my hb can c the bb move lor. After scan, my hb told me my bb like swimming inside. Wasted lor i cant c T_T.

PS: from wat i noe, my gynae machine are not as clear as some others.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Enerus</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1 (twins)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Tan HH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>snowen</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. A L Lim</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>wen1982</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Oei Pau Ling</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>berryjay</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>risbaby</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>kikismom</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>ohoh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr. Jazlan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Rsingh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Mrs Cheah</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Angelic</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Chen Han Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Little Blue</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>mi_baby</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Anita Kale</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>baby yin</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>littleantz</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Lim Wen Li</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Joyce Lim (Father : Goi)</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Kong Kong</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. CH Koh</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>xtb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>caroline05</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Chuan Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Loh</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Daph</TD><TD>25-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Selvi</TD><TD>27-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Pommes</TD><TD>28-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr. Seng Shay Way</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>evilicious</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Mummy Koh</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>purplewish80</TD><TD>30-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Jellow</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Esther Ng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Mag</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Goh Yong Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Queque</TD><TD>3-Jan (TBC when c-sect date is fixed)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC/Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TBA</td></tr></table>

i did my OSCAR yest at radlink Paragon and although the results are not known yet, the process was amazing. Sharing this with those like me who are 1st timers.

must ask your HB to go cos this was the 1st time we saw the bb for so long and in many angles. At Radlink there is a screen for the mum right in front on top of your leg so you get a very good view. As bb was moving the whole scan took about 25mins so we actually viewed the bb from all angles, saw fingers, stretching, bouncing and kicking action. Very amazing for me as this was the first time i saw the bb shape since the last scan at week 8 when the scan was still a oval white spot. Its almost like watching a cartoon haha but knowing this is the gift inside us.

my HB was initially grumpy as he was late for a meeting but he was all smiles after the scan as he would not have wanted to miss this.

Now just pray that all the results are good news.

It's amazing you guys got to see your baby moving! My Baby E was sleeping during last gynae visit, perhaps it was too early in the morning
happy.gif
Dr kachiau also still sleep...

Daph: I decided not to do Oscar for the same reason, that I will keep the baby regardless of outcome.

purplewish: Oscar and triple test serve the same purpose (to ascertain whether baby has down's syndrome). The difference is they employ different methods (measuring different things I believe), and the reliability of triple test is lower than oscar's (some 20%-30% lower accuracy). Kenneth Lee did brief Goi and I, but we forgot. You can ask him again
happy.gif

chubbyfingers: 6.5cm is so long! My little baby E was only 3.67cm at 11 weeks and 3 days.

Joyce: by the time I see dr lee I she b in 12 wks le... He did mention too but I didn't really listen.. Hehe.. Will ask him again when see him.. Anyway, he is going for 2 wks leave... Back only on 15th jun.. Nurse ask me to stand by the hormones pills cos I recently on off will have cramps..

My bb only 2.15cm at 8 wks 6 days. So small..
sad.gif

The ultrasound machine that my gynae used for the Oscar test was different than the usual one that she had been using. Not sure if that made a difference but we could see our baby as a whole and it was pretty clear! Strongly recommend u ladies to ask ur hubby to accompany u! My gynae said this is the best time to see the ultrasound as the baby is already well-formed and not too big yet. In subsequent scans, we can only see part of the baby
happy.gif

Joyce, I think I have been eating much more the last 2 weeks, maybe that explains the growth! However, my gynae doesn't expect me to gain much weight in the next 4 weeks. It's gonna be tough as I snack every 1.5 hr LOL

lil Olive - glad u shared ur OSCAR experience at radlink. I'm going to do mine there but a much later date.

chubbyfingers - yes, this is the only time you get to see ur bb as a whole. Afterwhich, bb gets bigger, u can only see one part at a time. But another time to get excited is the detailed scan. Gender will be made known and confirmed.

JLJ, I did my oscar at TMC today. The screen is quite big. Apparently it was a new machine and both hubby and me could see the baby clearly and the sonographer even showed us top view, side views and also scan from lower view.

kidomum, sad leh. I cant get to c lor. cos i had to lie down on my left side wif my back faced the machine n screen as my bb was moving n moving. I was only show the top view when finish scanning. Only get to c legs , head and hands. But my bb legs cover the most impt part lols.

JLJ, don't be sad, you will be able to see your baby clearly again 2 months later during the detailed scan. 2 months fly past very quickly these days.

mama_ling, cant help to feel sad cos my hb keep describe to me on wat he saw and he even demo to me lor.

I was thinking to ask Dr Woody about the 3D/4D scanning.

hi mummies, im from Nov 2012 thread
happy.gif

anyone keen in the $5 off Huggies Ultra pants voucher ? the new green packing..its valid till tomorrow only..can get for ur #1. i will be at expo motherhood fair tmr can pass to u

Is anyone like me, and trying to decide between Mt A and TMC? If you have already decided, can you let me know your considerations in choosing one over the other? My gynae delivers at both TMC and Mt A.

Kong kong, my EDD has shifted to 22 Nov, one month earlier than yours, so that explains why our detailed scan is earlier. I was considering Mt A too, but a bit unsure after seeing the renovations going on.

Kidomum, is your EDD also around the same date as me?

Mamaling, Spoke to my gynae and she said the reno should be completed by the time we deliver. then the reno for the new building on the other side will begin.

Fluffy, thanks! Was your #1 also delivered at Mt A? There are so many dragon babies this year and I was kinda worried that there would not be enough delivery suites and rooms in TMC and I don't want to end up delivering along the corridor (with curtains). Maybe I am just scaring myself. Would you have any idea whether there are more rooms in Mt A?

mamaling, not sure if there are more rooms but the rooms are newly renovated. And according to gynae, she prefers to deliver at Mt A coz she feels facilities are better compared to TMC.

My #1 was delivered at KKH, my gynae moved out to open a clinc on her own last Aug.

For my #1, I had the feeling that my gynae prefers TMC, that was why I chose TMC. Later I realised that maybe he prefers TMC because it is nearer to his house and he can go home to take a nap while waiting for his patients to deliver.

Some people commented that the bills at Mt A would be higher than TMC. Is that true?

Mama Ling: I chose Mt A because I've heard good reviews of Mt A from friends and acquaintances, about the facilities and the nurses. It's a non-profit hospital first set up by the nuns from the franciscan order. In comparison, TMC is a business. From that angle, I believe the "corporate culture" of Mt A is more in line with what I prefer.

Coincidentally, both Goi and I were born there. It is also nearer our house than TMC. We're free-thinkers, so no contradictions with Mt A being a catholic hospital.

I also did not want TMC because even though it is very popular, the reason my friends chose TMC is "my gynae is there, so bo pian". That, and the parking situation is ridiculous. Even with renovations, we had no problems parking at Mt A the past 2 times we were there, and we paid 2something, compared to 5bucks at TMC (not including tips for valet).

Joyce, what you said about corporate culture is so true. I have also heard good reviews from friends about Mt A, even though my experience for #1 at TMC was good as well. Actually I was quite sure that I wanted to try Mt A this time, but was put off by the parking when I visited a relative recently. We had to park at MacRitchie and then take a shuttle bus in. Felt that it would be very inconvenient for visitors especially since year end is a rainy season.

Oh never realised that we need to tip the valets. Oooppssss.

is oscar scan same as the normal scan, just tat they will scan longer and more angle? i didnt do oscar for my first pregnancy, today i went for my check up, they did the scan call NT scan , 1st trimester screening..

my edd has push forward to 10th dec
happy.gif
baby is 12w2d, 5.68cm. throughout the whole scan abt 20 min, baby stay in one position no matter how doc press my tummy. and baby keeps sucking the thumb. am so glad baby is growing ^^
share my baby pic here
happy.gif

7099907.jpg

mamaling: wow so envious

how i wish i can pop tmr lo

TMC so small, den rem last time, they got a case wrongly??
like the baby given to wrong parent or something

mi_baby, the scan pic is very clear and very cute. For my #1, I also did the NT test instead of Oscar. The scans for both NT and Oscar are the same, but clearer when compared to the routine scans done by my gynae. The ultrasound machine for the NT and Oscar scan has to be more powerful in order to take the measurements.

mi_baby - NT scan is part of the OSCAR scan. Wow! can see ur little baby. I have to wait long long for my turn.

I'm also thinking if I should switch to Mt A. The single bedded in GE is smaller than Mt A. And I feel Mt A's lactation consultants are better than GE. The only worry I have is I would like to bring my baby to my #1's PD which is in GE and I scare the transfer will cause some info to be misplaced or lost.

Also, if bb needs to be hospitalised for jaundice treatment, I wonder how GE is going to ward my bb since not delivered there. Last round, #1 went back to his nursery and stayed there for 3 days for jaundice treatment.

Then of course, MT A's reno... will it be noisy? ease of finding car park lot?

But then, GE is nearer to my home than Mt A. What a dilemma! Many many things to consider.

Pommes, my friend delivered at GE and she had very good comments. I would have considered GE if not because my gynae only delivers at TMC and Mt A.

mi_baby: so cute

i miss my bb, last round was 3 weeks ago visit gynae,,,

he always print me pictures of the head, dono for what man, kns, should print like yours de

sweetzzz

gg off mummiess,, bye

mama_ling, just fyi, i've choosen mt A instead of TMC cos my sis used to worked at Mt A and she told me Mt A is bigger and the nurses thr are better.

Oh now I also recall gynae prefers TMC because the hospital deals with mainly maternity cases. Mt A handles other hospital cases.

JLJ, thanks! Looks like there are many supporters of Mt A here. TMC used to be the choice hospital last time.

Joyce, bear with it a little longer. MS should usually subside around 14 weeks. That time I thought mine subsided but it came back with a vengence. So I shall keep my fingers crossed now. We can imagine how good it feels to eat heartily but to look on the brighter side, the MS helps to control our weight a bit.

Mama Ling: I have to eat to curb the nausea, and I only feel very sick but don't actually puke out... so.... I'm actually putting on weight! :S

Can't wait for MS to be over so I can exercise. Now really feel too crappy to drag myself to the gym or the pool.

Knock off le! Finally I got time to post here! Got timeto read thru no time to post!

Hmm mama ling can consider mt A this time round! Hee theres a restaurant there they sell very tasty prawn noodle! Hahas I love the food there when I visit my husband SIL when she give birth last year!

Actually I'm in dilemma too! I stay at east side the nearest hospital is parkway east shore. Hmm ppl telling me my A is better!

Anyway mibaby ur baby so cute look like its a boy boy to me! ^^

Joyce, sad to say I still can't eat and am super nausea. How's your ms coming along? I'm just worried mine will stay for longer than 3 months!

hehe, mommies, share ur baby scan pic too!!
joycelim, im 12weeks now and still vomiting. good news is lost 2kg ^^
anyway to those mommies who r suffering from MS, maybe this article would make u feel better about having MS
Babies born to women who suffered morning sickness may be smarter
Last Updated: Thursday, April 23, 2009 | 9:49 AM ET
The Canadian Press

Morning Sickness, Motherrisk
Journal of Pediatrics

(Note: CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites - links will open in new window)

Sick of morning sickness? Mothers-to-be can take heart from a new study suggesting that children born to women who suffered from nausea in pregnancy may be smarter.

The study, published in Thursday's online issue of the Journal of Pediatrics, found that children born to women who had been nauseous and vomiting during pregnancy performed better on a number of tests used to assess IQ and mental acuity.

'When somebody's suffering through eating those saltine crackers [in the] mornings, they [can] just think of this as being a really good thing as opposed to a negative thing.'— Dr. Tina Chambers

Further, the study found that children born to women who took the drug diclectin for pregnancy-related nausea did not have lower scores than children whose mothers didn't use the drug to control morning sickness.

"A lot of women are still afraid to treat their morning sickness because of the fear of medications, often with very severe costs on their health," said senior author Dr. Gideon Koren, director of the Motherisk Program at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto.

"They can be dehydrated, they cannot work. Poor quality of life. So in a way this study further supports them and empowers them to treat themselves."

Koren and colleagues wanted to look at whether there were any signs that using diclectin during pregnancy was harmful. The drug has been on the market in Canada for decades, but was pulled from production in the U.S. about 25 years ago over concerns it might be harmful to fetuses. It is being reintroduced in that market.

The concerns, which came to light after the thalidomide scandal, led to the drug being extensively studied, said Dr. Tina Chambers, a teratologist at the University of California, San Diego's School of Medicine. Teratology is the study of abnormal fetal development, congenital malformations and what causes them.

Chambers said the evidence overwhelmingly supports the notion that the drug is safe for use in pregnancy and this study adds further weight to the argument.

But in studying the drug, Koren and his colleagues also looked at the children of women who refused treatment for their morning sickness and found that they scored higher on tests than children whose mothers didn't suffer from nausea during pregnancy.

Koren was quick to add that while the difference was statistically significant in scientific terms, it doesn't mean that the children whose mothers weren't nauseated were developmentally slow. Rather, it was just that the other children scored a bit higher.
Hormones from placenta

It's long been known that while hard to endure, nausea is actually a sign of a healthy pregnancy. Women who suffer from morning sickness are less likely to miscarry and less likely to give birth to babies with congenital cardiovascular problems.

The thinking is that some hormones secreted by the placenta — hormones needed for a healthy pregnancy — trigger the nausea.

And this work suggests they may have a positive effect on neurodevelopment, said Koren.

Chambers, who was not involved in the work, said the study only raises this hypothesis; it can't prove it. But she said it makes sense, biologically, and a study to prove it can probably be designed.

"It's really a fascinating finding," she said, adding it may help nauseated mothers-to-be soldier on.

"When somebody's suffering through eating those saltine crackers [in the] mornings, they [can] just think of this as being a really good thing as opposed to a negative thing."

Morning! My #1 was delivered in Mt A. I stayed in a 2 bedded room, delivered with vacuum wo epi. Total charges was about $3k, but after medisave, i only need to pay about cash $300. So considered quite cheap. Would be gg back to Mt A for #2.

Mamaling,
I'm also seriously considering between TMC &amp; MT A but not decided yet. TMC treated me very well when I had my #1 though. I also need to cfm with my Gynae on whether MT A is an option cos when I had my #1, my Gynae only delivers at TMC but a year later my fren was told she can deliver at Mt A too. Mine is csect under GA so I really prefer somewhere where the nurses are familiar with my Gynae so tt the operation will be smooth.

Hi all

Hope all is doing well.

I am wondering if anyone has started experiencing "round ligament pain" already?
I had some pain last night lasting for about 20min or so. The pain is on the right side, around the tummy area. It was so painful that I cannot walk or keep my body straight. It cannot be appendicitis as I already had it more than 10 years ago. Anyway, read that the "round ligament pain" typically starts during 2nd trim (I m into 13th week) so I am thinking of that is normal and is anyone experiencing it already.

Back