(2012/12) Dec 2012

n like wat sun_tan mentioned.. my bb also quite alert once borned.

my gynae then advised not to use it too often and i didnt really ask why. i continue to use.

Talking abt labour, this time round i am gg to request to latch my bb once born. Hopefully by doing so, i would be able to latch successfully for #2. For #1, they only bring him to me after he was properly wash up and "tested" which was like > half a day later. By then he wasnt as alert and was sleeping away when they push him to me.

i had lots of crabs too.. mayb tats why #1 so active so for #2 i abstained from crabs! hope i can make it coz crabs, my favourite!

i didnt eat crab at all leh. My granny forbid me. She says eat alr will duo shou duo jiao. But i nv eat, #1 also like to touch this touch that..lol so i think not accurate.

sun_tan, the nurses bring the bb to you to latch when still in the delivery suite?

i also hope i can TBF my #2 for 1 year. my #1 was mixed of formula n BF for 7 mths and i stopped coz i also stress on my supply.

bloom, Ya i am thinking to ask them to do that. Cos i read from net that a bb's sucking instinct is at their best when he/she is born. By latching as soon as possible, there would be a higher chance of successful latch and also can stimulate our bm to start flowing. I have frens who did that and had lots of bm ss. Really envy them. My #1 was also on partial bm and fm but i managed to bf till he was abt 14 mths old.

wow.. sun, i salute u la.. 14 mths!

sasa, thanks for the post. i will eat my crabs then!
happy.gif

I am one successful latching example - I latched my bb immediately after they roughly cleaned him up in delivery suite (after gynae done with my sewing, etc n left the delivery suite). I'm from Mount A. Mount A. is very pro-bf, so they will sure help u to latch the bb at the earliest possible time. My #2 I also wanna latch him/her in the delivery suite, that is really the best time to make them start latching coz they are still alert.

JAJ, they brought the bb when we were in the delivery rm after they roughly cleaned up the bb.. but my supply not v good..
i dun belive in "no milk" mayb i wasnt hardworking enuff in the beginning or some knowledge in BFeeding missing..
sad.gif

I only latched my bb for 3 days..After that, fully depend on pumping...Cos at least my hubby can help with night feeds...Pumping does not affect the volume cos my milk supply is so much that I gave it to my friend's bb (2 weeks younger than my bb)! hehe

Arghh..I think I don't have morning sickness but late afternoon sickness. Everyday ard this time sure "Merlion"..but reward myself with a piece of chocolate after throwing up..LOL

NUH is pro BF... my brother say that they hand him his #1 to sleep with them at night. So that bb cry can latch on. which is good bonding too. My brother have alot of hands on experience on how to hold and carry bb and the nurse will guide him. So by discharge he pro at carrying liao.

Hardly any babies in the nursery there. Most stay with the mummies in the ward.

JAJ: i am guilty when the day had passed and i like never complete anything! Now abit too late to start anything.. if i start = i OT liao... i dun like to bring unfinished work to the next day!

bloom, yes, there is no such thing as "no milk", or maybe I strongly believe every mother has milk - only more or less! I think you didn't pump enough, properly or diligently? Some step must be wrong. At the beginning I also didn't have much milk then I'm lucky to have my ML (Madam Suria) who helped me massage my breasts and taught me how to increase my milk supply. Upon listening and acting on her advice diligently, I suceed to attain my target of 1 litre of bm daily, in less than a week after my hard work of pumping and latching.

mummykoh, u not alone.. mine will start in the evening till i go to bed.. does chocolate helps to soothe after throwing up?

now all hospitals vpro BF.. but i heard from my gf that the lactation consultant at mt a are good. honestly, kkh so-so for their consultants, i feel they can b quite impatiant n rough.. i managed to BF my son partially, i must thank my mum and also a chinese sinseh in helping to clear my ducts.

paiseh.. i quite long winded.. lol

Bloom: I am not sure whether chocolate helps in soothing, but it works for me la as it gets rid of the aftertaste, and I feel happier after eating chocolate! LOL

Xta, Bloom, no leh, nothing usual today. I puke once in the morning before my farewell lunch. But after i puked i felt much better and can thus enjoy my lunch better. lol...

I puke a few times every day since 4weeks. Really dun like the whole pregnancy process. Just show me the baby. How to endure til 14weeks sigh.

As for bf, I only latched my gal the 2nd day at hospital for 20mins. After that just exclusive pumping & surprisingly milk supply is good. I'm all prepared to supplement with fm but somehow maybe cos I'm not stress abt bfing the supply just came. Some says maybe cos I took my placenta pills so got more milk too.

<font color="0000ff">Sasayeo</font>
Take antacid lor...hehe...Cos can neutralise the stomach which in turn reduce the acidity...
happy.gif

But the effects of Antacid dun last very long leh..So after a few hrs, the taste comes back again...:s

<font color="0000ff">Sasayeo</font>

My EDD is 29 Dec 2012..hehe...

<font color="ff0000">Ehhh..Can someone help me update my info into the table?? Thanks!!
happy.gif
</font>

sun_tan = ur son is definitely fast. Walking at 11+ months. Maybe I should consider babyplus.

I'm considering Mt A this round. #1 was from Gleneagles. Although I tried to latch almost immediately after birth, he's too sleepy. Maybe he was born too early so a lot ppl told me he was still thinking he's in the womb. I only could manage to partial BF him till 6.5 months. But I see the LC from GE and Mt. A... I think Mt A is really better.

Gynae is okay with Mt A, but he said the car park situation is not v good due to reno. So he said wait and see first.

I worked till the very last min. Cos mine was so sudden, had to induce the very same day. I had to quickly made a lot of phone calls and emails to clear my work. It was insane! But the good thing, I started washing the bb's clothes from 7th month onwards.

Mummy koh- u put down ur details eg. EDD, which hospital, #? child, gynae's name... I can help u update the table.

<font color="ff0000">Pommes</font>

Thank you so much!!

My details are as follows:

Edd: 29 Dec 2012

BB #2

Gynae: Dr Arthur Tseng

Hospital : Gleneagles

Was talking to my gyane yesterday..He also told me Mt A parking is not very gd....So most probably I will take Glen E in the end if carpark problem is not resolve at Mt A.

My #1 is born in KKH...Parking no problem but service sucks. And my, I am staying in 1 bedder ward, but services still sucks big time...And the cost is not cheap at all...I remember my bill came close to 8K, after subsidy, I still need to fork 3k out to pay!

So lucky my gynae started his own practice now, so I no need to go back to KKH..heheh

<font color="0000ff">Sasayeo</font>,

Better keep bb in tummy for at least 37 weeks! Else their lungs are not fully developed...My #1 is induced at 37 weeks c, and he cough quite easily, I still think its because I delivered him too early....

<font color="0000ff">Xta</font>: But my gynae never do delivery at Mt E leh...parking is ample but traffic horrible leh! LOL

<font color="ff0000">Sasayeo</font>: I also dunno Glen E good or not..LOL....I was thinking of East shore too, but my gynae says the hospital very small..Err..Like boutique hotel, he says..LOL...

Anyway, still got long way to go, so have enough time to consider....ehehhe

GE has parking problem. The parking only eases off after 11am. So my appt with gynae is always before 2pm, to beat the lunch crowd ppl coming back.

single bedded room is much smaller compared to Mt A.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Enerus</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1 (twins)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tan HH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>snowen</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>berryjay</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>kikismom</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>ohoh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr. Jazlan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Angelic</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Chen Han Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Little Blue</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>mi_baby</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Anita Kale</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>baby yin</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Joyce Lim (Father : Goi)</TD><TD>20-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Kong Kong</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. CH Koh</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>xtb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Loh</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>evilicious</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Mummy Koh</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Jellow</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Esther Ng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Pommes</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles/ Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Seng Shay Way</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>aspialle</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. June Tan</TD><TD>TBA</td></tr></table>

Hi all, just had my 1st gynae appt yesterday after I tested positive last Mon. Currently at 7w2d.

Pommes, appreciate if u could help me to update. Thanks.

EDD: 31st Dec
Baby No.3
Dr Goh Yong Chew
Hospital of Delivery: Mt. A

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>e</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fluffysheep</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kang Wee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Mama_ling</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Enerus</TD><TD>1-Dec</TD><TD>1 (twins)</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Tan HH</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>kidomum</TD><TD>4-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Cheers</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>snowing</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>snowen</TD><TD>6-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chubbyfingers</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr. Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sun_tan</TD><TD>7-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. John Yam</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>cath</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Ben Choey</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Lil Olive</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>berryjay</TD><TD>8-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>kuromikk</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tun Lan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>kikismom</TD><TD>9-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>sasayeo</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>ohoh</TD><TD>10-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>Dr. Jazlan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>JAJ</TD><TD>11-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Clifton Chan</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Xta</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Su Lin Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>JLJ</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Angelic</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Chen Han Lin</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Little Blue</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>mi_baby</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Dr. Anita Kale</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>baby yin</TD><TD>17-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>san2</TD><TD>18-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Joyce Lim (Father : Goi)</TD><TD>20-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Kong Kong</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. CH Koh</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>xtb</TD><TD>23-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Loh</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>evilicious</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Mummy Koh</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Dr Arthur Tseng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Jellow</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr. Esther Ng</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Mag</TD><TD>31-Dec</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Goh Yong Chew</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Pommes</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Gleneagles/ Mt A</TD><TD>Dr Seng Shay Way</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>mifmif</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr. Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBA </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>aspialle</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr. June Tan</TD><TD>TBA</td></tr></table>

sasayeo, you can go google the list of things to prepare for newborn arrival. It can be quite a long list. Maybe I'll try to dig out my info and share in fb.

Back