(2012/12) Dec 2012

kong kong- I just hide in my cubicle and wait for the horrible MS to subside.

My #1 pregnancy was relatively smooth. I only had nausea feeling. But this time round, I can always feel the food going up my throat.

lil olive- u mean u dun have MS? nausea? sore boobs?

Lil Olive,

Why banana and papaya cannot?
I heard papaya is good for reducing MS.
Banana i think we gotta avoid those big Del Monte ones... small ones from market is fine =)

I have no symptoms other than burping alot. I do not even feel tired
sad.gif

Papaya that are not fully ripe contains latex that can cause miscarriage and it is very difficult to confirm if the papaya is fully ripe so it is recommended to avoid. Banana I read and my MIL also warn me to not eat, she say especially the small ones used for prayers. No idea what she is talking about actually but guess I rather not eat at all than to risk.

I do not want to dampen anyone's mood la but I am feeling quite nervous and just wanted to say it out since non of my friends know yet. thanks girls for letting me rant here.

ytd my MIL buy yakitori for me.. i look at it i feel like puking.. smell it also feel like puking.. taste it.. also pukey, hard to swallow.

End up pass the rest to my FIL and say i had yakitori for lunch liao >.<

I think my MS is appearing... argh!

sasayeo, cbased on MOM, he can.
i think MOM only protects preggy mums who are 6 months before baby is born, which is actually after 1st trimester.
So sometimes, employers can't blame employees from not disclosing the preggy news during 1st trimester coz we are not protected during this period.

Im worried abt mc issues at work too cos I seldom take mc and I dun want to make it too obvious by keep taking mc but yet gynae only open during office hrs so I feel quite stressful abt managing it too. So far ytd was my first visit and I took leave for it but going forward I dun think I can keep taking leave for check ups. Dunno wat to do either..

Pommes (pommes) : at least u got a place to hide, no for me lo

sasayeo (sasayeo) : omg u have all...!! sighnnn, can we go for massage huh? i ate nasi lemak but cant finish. having spicy chips to wake mi up now

. i think some1 mention b4, only when 6 months pregnant den cant sack,,, hahah ya he should think abt ur leave. u r PA not Accounts, its 2 diff work scope lo

good afternoon all! couple of hours more to end of work day!
snowing-how about apply annual leave? Or go into office and leave for last appt with gynae. Less disruptive to work.
sasayeo-urs is not new employment, no worries about ur boss sacking you. But be wary some do use performance as excuse. My friend had bad experience with that.For watever reason he dismisses you, you should receive notice as well as get paid.

Hi all, missing in the morning cos i went for ballon scuplting course. Very fun! But fingers are now damn painful.

Rgding CL, I have also booked mine too cos its dragon yr. For #1, i waited till after first trim then i started looking for one.

As for MOM laws, yes within 6 months they cannot sack us, but if they can show valid proof that we are neglecting our work or play MC, they still can sack us. Thats the reply i got from MOM when i emailed them previously. So better play safe. Normally for my gynae visit, i will put it at night after work and on saturdays. MC will be reserve for real needs.

Lola83: Yup I took leave for my first gynae visit but cant be everytime need to check up must apply leave rite? Very precious leh! hahaha!

My gynae close at 4.30 so its still pretty early to leave work. Im wondering if can speak to boss to ask for time off during lunch to go anot but then again none of my previous preg col had such problem, I dunno if it will reflect badly on me. Haix... The first challenges to be a mum.

Its especially hard now cos have to keep things underwrapped..

sun_tan , i'm so scared of balloon >< u r so daring to go for sculpting course

Tats y i still choose to tell my bosses after 1st tri. Dun wan them to hv a reason to sack / ask me go.

Snowing, your gynae doesn't open on weekends? likely very difficult leh.. i thot your bosses should know from the MC coz issued from gynae's clinic and not normal GP =P

otherwise, maybe taking halfday is less disruptive.

i remembered 2 weeks ago when i went to see my gynae, he was quite funny, after he checked all is ok, he asked, "how? work stressful or not? want MC?" haha..
he says i give u MC u go shopping lah..

I was reading this page that says "If you're at a healthy weight, you need no additional calories in the first trimester, about 300 extra calories a day in the second trimester, and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester". I am worrying if I am overeating but I tend to take additional meals because I am really hungry. I am not having MS but sometimes appetite is not too good so will only finish about 75% of my usual portion. My additional meals now is mainly a teabreak in the afternoon and 1 portion of fruits. What about you ladies?

I also took leave ytd to see gynae for first appt. haiz. next appt is also on weekday morn. Have not decided whether to take half day leave or just to take time off from boss.. Quite suspicious. haha

Thought i read that bananas are gd. Not the supermarket big ones but i thought small bananas are generally gd for pregnant women.. hmm..

I also like sun_tan, will visit gynae only on sat, MC must save for real sick coz sooner, we will feel more tired when tummy grows big.

I feel more relax after confirming my CL and ML (Massage Lady). Now left to confirm a place at IFC for my #2 after 3 mths. Then I can have a peace of mind le. These are the major things to book in advance in order to get good ones, I feel lah. For those baby stuff wait till next bb fair at taka then I go buy. If boy, I can recycle all my son's clothes! Yeah!

oh-oh, When i had the appetite to eat i tend to eat non stop but in small portions and scared i overeat too.

Just like 2day, 2 breads for breakfast wif horlick ard 8++, sour plums for snacks, 2 small breads ard 11++, lunch ard 130 and i will hv kiwi and milk later ard 4++. My lunch and dinner only finish abt 50-70% of my usual portion.. BTW my lunch had sliced chix hor fun + avocado juice.

If i nvr eat i will feel nausea.

kidomum: Gynae only open halfday on sat and its quite fully booked. Nurse told me quite hard to get a slot on sat for 1st tri. Can only hope for the best going forward. Stress...

JAJ: I need CL too got any recommnedations? Is it too early to book now when I haven pass 1st tri yet?

Berryjay: I think not all kind of banana we can eat. Theres one species that my mum say cant eat.

JLJ, I think I did recommend about ML in my previous post, can't remember which date le. I like Madam Ida and her disciples massage skill. You can search on her name and you will find the feedback on her skill.

Mdm Ida - 94249829
Mdm Suria - 9795 4574 (West only, I booked her for morning slot)
Mdm Harlus - 96305129 (I think she is East)

For CL, the best I think I already confirmed. So I guess is better you all ask your friends/relatives/colleagues to recommend then do some homework by calling them to talk to them and ask them qns, see which one you prefer after talking of your criteria and price. But current market rate is asking for $2.3k, highest I heard $2.5k.

Snowng; hoW abt having checkup on weekend? I schedule all to weekend.. Rem, ask for the 1st appt. I don't think it's too early to book since all in high demand. Do it b4 the start of the yucky morning sickness

Kidomum; I wan your gynae lei;)

sn0wiNg, you can always book the CL after your first trimester. I am kia su, I know dragon year very hot, and since I already found my ideal one I quickly confirmed her loh. At least if she receives call from other mummies looking for Dec consignment she can tell them she is taken le. Coz from the few CL I called them, they were already taken up to end Oct. If they have consignment for November then they can't do for you le since is 28 days and normally they will need 1 week of rest after each consignment to catch up with their sleep in order to perform for the next consignment. Hope I clarify well. ;)

JAJ, for booking of ML, do I need to know the dates ? Cos I dunno my Edd yet.

Thks alot so much for the information provided.

JLJ, you can just SMS the ML (coz usually they are busy doing massage and will only reply you when they are free, so SMS preferred) to check check any qns you have for them and price, then just let them know your EDD. Maybe you want to wait till you know your EDD then contact them. They will ask for your address, etc. They will tell you to contact them after you give birth. Then they will base on your birth method (natual or c-sect) and advise you when to start your massage the best. If I'm not wrong, natural birth can start massage few days to 1 week later. If c-sect must be longer, not sure is it 2 weeks later? coz scare wound not recover yet.

sun_tan, I think normal sessions are 5/7/10 days depending on your body (they will see for you and advise you how many days you need) 10 days is the max usually ppl will take up to, but if you want more massage, why not? Each session is $50 for 1 or 1.5hr (can't remember) and they collect money after every session. No need pay deposit pay upfront for packages. For my case, my ML advised me 5 days is enough, but I took up to 7 days due to my engorged breasts. I find their breasts massage are better than my own hands. They really can help you relief your engorgement/block ducts effectively. I tried to massage myself but so difficult and pain.

I am hoping this time round, the gynae will give me MC to cover the appt. Last round, i used my leave but that's because I also needed to clear my leaves so I didn't mind.

But now, my leaves are precious cos I still have a small bb at home.

I still haven't made any appt with gynae
sad.gif

JAJ ok thanks! Just msged Mdm Suria. Hopefully got slots!

My next gynae apptm on 14 May...still long wait wor..

Wah.. you all book so early for the ML?
But the EDD not confirmed one leh.. unless you all going for C-Section?

sun_tan, you staying in west? If you are not Bt. Panjang, sure have slot coz I am staying opposite her, so I usually take her first slot! hehe... She's really very nice lady, you'll love her for sure! I enjoy all my massage sessions with her coz she taught me alot of things about baby, increasing milk supply, bf, family, etc. I texted her 2 weeks ago and she was so excited for me. You sure will find your money worth it!
happy.gif

JAJ, you staying at Bt Panjang? Me at Bukit Batok. So you taking Mdm Suria too? She just replied me saying she will check and get back. I didnt like my ML for #1..like no effect.

Xta, no need to be very specific on the EDD. Cos even when you are given an EDD, chances are you wont deliver on that day. Its a +/- days or weeks thing. So just tell them the rough date then we can work from there. On the other hand, my #1 was born naturally exactly on his edd lol..but most of my frens are early.

Natural and wo Epi!

sasayeo, for me I like all natural. I heard many complaints from my friends saying c-sect is painful and take longer time to heal, natural can get off bed immediately after delivery, but pain first (during delivery), c-sect is pain later (after delivery). So I prefer natural. I also thought of not having epidural but sometime it is not within our control. My dilation was super slow and I had a VERY long labour (21 hrs in total!) I endured 8 hrs of contractions and finally gave in to epidural after nurses said I will only be delivering the next day afternoon. In fear of being c-sect in the end, I surrendered to epidural. Even with epidural it did not help to speed up my dilation. I had to be put on drip to speed up my labout process.

My suggestion to you is let nature takes its course. You may want to try feel the contraction pain and see if you can take it. If you are lucky enough to have fast dilation/labour, you won't even have chance to ask for epidural. If you can't take the pain, then surrender to epidural after trying your best. At least you know you have tried your best and you experience the feeling of going through contraction pain as a mummy. But for those who scare of pain and uncertainty like when will baby wants to pop, water bag burst, bloody show, etc, they might prefer C-sect since they can choose the date for operation. It's all up to individual. I like to give birth naturally to my child and feel the "wei da"-ness of a mother. hehe..

I'm scared of pain lor.. but most ppl ask me go for natural birth. My hubby noes i'm scared of pain even asked me if i wan water birth.

sun_tan, natual wo epi means totally nth to reduce the pain ?

sun_tan - u went without Epi! You brave girl! If I didn't remember wrongly, Audrey also had natural without epi. You are all so brave!

sasayeo - If possible, always go natural for faster recovery. But sometimes circumstances call for emergency c-sect, so no choice.

my #1 was natural with epi.

anyone heard of Dr Seng Shay Way from GE?

Xta, ya, no need specific EDD, they just want to know roughly the month you will deliver then they will chop the slot for you coz ML also have a certain no. of ppl that they can take up for a day/period. Since you book earlier, they will give you priority. So after you pop just text them and they will arrange with you to tell you when they can come to your house.

sun_tan, yes, I am taking Mdm Suria since I like her service. Her rate still same, nv increase like CL! I find Mdm Suria good lah, got effect on me, ask her bind your tummy tight tight! Her massage very shiok!

JLJ, I did take the laughing gas thou and its smelly! Yucky...

Actually not sure if it helps, but i did walk alot during my last trim. My contractions started ard 8am, 8 mins apart ..but i only went into hospital ard next morning 1am when it becomes 5 mins apart. when i reached hospital, midwife checked and said i was alr 6cm dilated. Then in another 5 hrs, ard 6am i am fully dilateed and started to push. #1 only came out after 45 mins of pushing! With vacuum aid, cos i was totally exhausted by all the contractions pain.

One funny part about giving birth that i was not aware of (from TV shows) was that during the pushing part, we have to wait for the contractions to kick in. Ie, when contraction comes, push. When contraction went off and still didnt manage to push bb out, then have to wait..the waiting part is damn awkwark lah, cos everyone staring at me and waiting. Then when i feel it coming i will tell then everyone will standby again..lol

Xta, then Mdm Suria happy, can complete her Dec schedule easily. Haha... Tell her recommend by Annie from Bt. Panjang. She will know.
happy.gif

sasayeo and JLJ, no need to be afraid about being "loose". Firstly, if gynae is good, will do a good stitching job. Then after delivery, nurse will teach you a exercise to strength the muscle walls. Hubby said no diff from before birth :p

JLJ, my gynae always say, mind over body. Just tell yourself you can do it! But i think i was lucky cos my dilation was quite fast, thus didnt need to bear with the pain for too long. If it drags longer, i think i will give in to epi too. But i am also afraid of the pain when administrating epi..looks scary. So that puts me off too. And to tell myself, save the $$ and i can get a good bag for myself! So weighing all and pros, then just bear with it.

sun_tan, you made me recall my pushing experience too! wahahaha... same, need to wait for contraction then tell them it's coming (they actually can read from the machine) then all get ready and push!! lol...

I tried all the pain relief methods - laughing gas (I hate it! I find it smelly too!! But some mummies love it. I think if you love it, you can go without epdiural. I take it the gas and throw that thing away, yucks!) I also tried PD or PT? a kind of injection on your thigh. Useless! Only can make me feel slightly better for 1 hr then intense pain returned. Finally was the epidural. Only epidural can relief you from contraction pain. But I don't like the feeling when I touch my leg, like plastic/rub skin!! omg.. Plus I need to be put on urine bag, I hate that too!

JAJ: Lemme go for my 1st gynae visit next week first to confirm everything first >.<

Finally 1 more week to go.............

Back