(2012/10) Oct 2012

<font color="0077aa">Joanna</font>
My apologies, I went to read up again, Calcium is the one that inteferes with Iron absorption. Usually your multivit will have Iron. :p

Hope this clarifies!

reineluv: SERIOUS? i did check with him before leh.. he say as long as take during the day is fine bec i ask him if is okay for me to take before bed time he say is fine leh.. haizz... maybe later i go clinic for my injection i ask the nurse again.. means i am taking nthing all this while argh.....

which means? calcium and multivits cannot take together arh?

ccharis: i stay in the north area =)

<font color="0077aa">Jo</font>
You still need injection? I think better to check with your gynae again if it's ok to take all at the same time.

Has anyone started sharing the news of your pregnancy with your colleagues? My boss has known since week 6 but not the rest of my team. Am now thinking when I should tell them...

ming8110: ME worst.. my HR manager went to tell my boss directly i am pregnant lor.. damm angry and she still gt the cheek to tell me that she assume i am pregnant and nv clarify with me just based on the MC slip i presented to them

hi gals,welcome back after the holidays.
happy.gif

Quinny &amp; reunluv, the yoga centre I have inquire is- OhmSantih Yoga. their free trial prenatal yoga lessons are on- Wed 630-730pm, Fri 8-9pm and Sat 430-530pm. Shall we fix a day and go together?
happy.gif

How about doing it next month in late May or June?
happy.gif

Babiesmeme, we share your loss, rest well &amp; jiaoyou!
happy.gif

Also, did you gals had the regular urine test, ultrasound scan on every gynae visit?
My gynae did only a blood test (during my 1st visit) and no urine tests till date ( today is my 3rd gynae apt). and I had been given only folic acid till now, is that sufficient and normal? usually how often/regular are each gyane interval checkup? help!

<font color="0000ff">Ming8110:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Only some close coll knw abt it le.. Maybe will let afew more knw.. The rest let them know themselves or when news spreads to their ears bah.. Haha..
My leader oso informed my mgr last wk.. So now they need to get a temp to take over.. Hope will be soon and not last min..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Just now call my gynae's clinic to ask when will my Oscar n blood test result be out.. The gal say she not in clinic.. Will call me again after she check if the results if ready when she is back in clinic.. Cross my fingers..</font>

May: Don't worry. If they haven't called you, it probably means the test results are normal and your gynae doesn't need you to do further tests.

Joanna: Your HR manager is terrible! Should say something to her like - women see gynaes for many things - not just pregnancy.

<font color="0000ff">Shir:</font> <font color="aa00aa">So far I only visited my gynae twice.. 1st at wk 7.. No urine or blood test..Only a U/S.. 2nd appt is in wk12+ for the Oscar, blood, urine test and U/S.. My next appt is 3wks away.. So I guess mine is a mthly visit..
Normally we will only need to take folic during the 1st trim.. Unless gynae thinks we need more supplements.. MTV, Calcium and fish oil will start fm 2nd trim.. I just start on them last wk and stop my folic.. </font>

<font color="0000ff">Ming8110 &amp; Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I rem last x when I was TTC and visiting another gynae for homo pills.. I submit the claims.. My Finance side oso got speculate if I am preggy.. The one doing the claim ask another gal which I am closer to.. N heng she say no.. Dan stop spread further.. Haha..
This rd I have not make any claims yet.. Maybe mth end and they will announce to the whole company for me..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Ming8110:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Think the result is available could be just send to the clinic.. Cos I did the testes last wed only.. I KS call n ask only..</font>

ming8110: HAHAHA yeah precisely.. i am totally stunt when i heard this from her directly.. and i told my boss directly how can she assume things like that and went to inform him.. he was also shocked that the HR nv clarify with me first and confirm before telling him that I AM preg..

You know what she say.. she say she based on the injection and went to read up and noted that all these things concerns preg..
BULL SHIT. the slip only put "INJECTiON" nv specify what kind of injections.. Seriously wanna bluff also duno how to cover her loop hole..

and as a HR i think she is not doing her job. she should be keeping such things as P and C.. damm disappointed with her...

May: seriously these pple hor.. i duno why they like to be so KPO.. even accounts they are suppose to keep confidential leh..i dun mind they know but at least keep it P &amp; C mah..

<font color="0000ff">Joanna:</font> <font color="aa00aa">My accounts discuss about within the dept.. Does tt consider confidential? Hahaha..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Yippee... Clinic just called me say my results show low risk... Wat a relief man..
Wish all who are waiting for their results will hv +ve results too...</font>

Would the lovely ladies working in Raffles Place area like to catch up for lunch? We can celebrate the end of 1st tri
happy.gif

May
Dr chua clinic will call u for the test results? I went in late mar but haven't got any call from them leh... I'm still thinking that no news is good news! Hmm.....

<font color="0000ff">Kiki:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Dun think they will call you.. But as what u say no news is goods news.. Meaning no problem with your result.. Dr Chua will tell you during the next appt.. They called me cos I called this morning to ask when my result will be out.. The gal say check n call me back.. I can't wait for 3 wks..</font>

during my#1 time, after my HR guessed that i was pregnant at 17 weeks, she said next time should let them know when doing fmaily planning... arent these things supposed to be private matters?! singapore is really lagging in these things.

Hi shir, thanks for updating the time slots, where is the place? Will be fun to gather more mummies to go for some light exercise and get to know one another
happy.gif

ccharis mummy, can you kindly add me to the list too?
Name: Quinny
BB#: 1
EDD: 16 Oct 2012

Reason for not stating my gynae is cos I visited a new one today and I did the oscar test at her clinic. The previous one was a little "mass market" makes me feel like visiting company GP, just trying to clear the patients fast. The one today is A LOT more expensive.

So far I've only been given folic acid too by first gynae. I think I'll ask about supplements when they tell me test results tomorrow.

I think most mummies have this dilemma, when to announce pregnancy to colleagues. Me too!

<font color="0077aa">Shir</font>
Thanks for that. But the location and timing don't really fit my schedule. Haha, I actually prefer weekend mornings.

<font color="0077aa">May</font>
Congrats! That's really good news. :p When's your next visit?

Btw, I announced to my colleagues during last week. I told them I'm going for maternity leave somewhere end sep. haha.

Skineybeanie- Thks for sharing ur research on scallop safety !!! I hv been eating scallops n this is gd news :/)

All who are in week 13/14 - anyone still feeling nausea ? Mine was gone at week 11+ n suddenly ret last few days (I'm now week 13 day 5) n tasteless n nausea feeling after meals n at night , even vomited last night !!!! I thought d ms is due to d increasing hcg level which will stop end 1st trimester ??

ccharis: can add me into the list as well?
happy.gif

BB# 1
Hospital: Gleneagles
Gynae: Dr Chan KH
EDD 20oct2012
Gender -
NSEW : East

Not sure if you ladies face the same problem..every night i have to wake up 4-5 times just to pee..and can't sleep after that...
this morning my colleague asked me what happened? u looked like you never slept -_-"

Kiki: actually i hate drinking water..felt that got metal taste..but don't know why still keep going toilet..could be i ate too much oranges -_-
i see my hubby sleeping so soundly very envious haha

<font color="ff6000">Can't wait for my checkup tomorrow. Miss my beanie!

Hehe I have no problems telling my colleagues about my pregnancy once my first trimester ends on Wednesday. I want to wear my flipflops to work. :p </font>

<font color="0000ff">joanna,</font> <font color="ff6000">my office admin people are the most bagua. think they too bored. When I was trying for a kid and went to see my gynae quite frequently to make sure I was ovulating properly, my admin lady actually asked me to my face, at my desk, very loudly: You doing IVF is it? Wah piang, I didnt know where to hide. No discretion AT ALL!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Btil,</font> <font color="ff6000">My nausea also shows no sign of abating and it's 11 weeks 6 days already. My colleague who's one month ahead of me still having nausea and metallic taste. Sigh. The only upside is, I dont remember feeling this crappy when I was preggie with my #1, a girl. Hoping #2 is a boy, then can have the option of closing shop.
happy.gif

Today's nausea really bad. No appetite to eat although I'm sooo hungry. I just want to eat plain porridge with preserved black olives and chilli beancurd.</font>

<font color="0000ff">SillyJ</font> <font color="ff6000">By right your bladder shouldnt be under so much pressure now cos the placenta has moved upwards from the pelvis area, more towards the tummy. Dont drink water two hours before sleeping.</font>

Starry: my gynae told me at my last scan that i've a low lying placenta..not sure if its one of the reasons for the frequent peeing..
i'm seeing him again this friday...hopefully everything will be smooth..in my 12th week
happy.gif

Aiyo with ms no End, how to Put on weight in 2nd trimester :-( I alrdy lost 2 Kg in 1st trimester n I m under wt for a start ...

Starry mummy - ms indicates chance of boy boy ? I thought more serious ms indicates girl cos of d hormone :) we just want a healthy normal baby, if girl it's gd then I can doll her up, if boy also gd, Hubby can watch soccer and play sports with and in laws will b v happy:)

All who has cl experience - what's d norm for ang bao, deposit and work permit for Mysian ? And what are d precautionary measures to take for free lance cl ? My mum asks me to make cl sign a letter and wants her to get a wk permit in case , n my Hubby suggested taking a photo of d Id passport and msian address ...

We have decided not to try for another cos my hub is very worried about me, i am also turning 40 next year there are more risks on me..i even ask him to get someone to give hin another child he say i am nuts. .He said all three of us he already very happy. ..

Im still experiencing MS and am currently week 13. I hope it goes away soon so that I can start enjoying my pregnancy. Now, I have severe lower back ache. It is causing me sleepless night and lotsa discomfort. Not sure if I can use yoko yoko or salon pas?

Hi SillyJ,

I have low-lying placenta and i pee frequently too. Try not to drink too much water before bed. I have a bad habit of drinking green tea before i sleep hence the frequent toilet trips.

Oh, and we share the same gynae, Dr Chan KH. This is my #2 pregnancy. Be careful of weight gain as Dr Chan is well known to control his patients' weight. He can really nag if we put on too much weight. I was nagged at alot throughout the first pregnancy.

Ccharis,

I stay in the east. Thanks for the update.

babiesmeme,
sorry for you loss. It's good that you are staying real positive and that you have a great hubby by your side.

Ccharis: u left me out fm the updating list
sad.gif

I'm having bad insomnia too. Will be gg for my oscar test tmr. Hope everything turns out well for me.

Babiesmeme - just for a reference , a colleague is having her child at 41 and another delivered her 2nd at 40... Both tried for many years Before that

Babiesmeme
Take care and remember to do a mini confinement to nurse the body back. Once your body is in tune, baby will come naturally and stay with you.

bibiesmeme - Age is something you cannot control. What you can control is your will to try again. Give yourself a bit more time. Spend time with your #1, smell the roses. When you're less stressed and when you're ready, try again.

<font color="0000ff">Silly:</font> <font color="aa00aa">My MIL ask me not to eat or drink orange leh.. Say bb will hv asthma in future..

Anybody heard abt it?</font>

Back