(2012/10) Oct 2012

ccharis: hahaha so exp the OSCAR!!! i heard there is another test which is cheaper i duno call what but not as zun as OSCAR..

really.. cool i can book my appt den =P

ahhh can see the baby's heart? omg cannot wait for my appt next week.. now u can relax le.. =) dun stress okay

sksf: hi, i hv called the gynae that i wanna go at tampines, however they told mi they r fully packed and can only go down nxt wk and i asked the nurse abt it, she say nvm. im currently 6wks.

Hi All.
Feeling very unmotivated at work today - maybe because the weekend is near. So am distracting myself by thinking when I want to start my ML and when I should start clearing leave. Heh.

Ccharis: Glad to hear the checkup went well. We are seeing Dr Khi tmw.

CCHARIS : How's the charges like @ ACJ? Was initially thinking whether should i go back to LN Sim or change doc. Wanted to change to Irene chua cause heard very good reviews about her.. But her charges without package for first time is skyhigh. Like 200+ nearly 300!

Winnie: Alright, good to hear that! Keep us updated alright? Everything would be fine!
happy.gif

hello all.. feeling so sick today.. MS started and so lethargic.. plus clingy baby.. sob sob..

can't wait until saturday comes!

Anyone with Dr Jocelyn Wong from ACJ? First appointment on the 14th with LN Sim, but i'm thinking whether should i change gynae for this pregnancy.. hmm.. As i need someone more assuring for this pregnancy as previous M/C Dr Sim kinda cold actually, abit scared..

Sksf - I'm with dr joycelyn Wong from ACJ.. She delivered my #1. She's very patient and assuring. My personal opinion is to be with a gynae whom you are comfortable with. U can try an appt with her and compare.

<font color="aa00aa">Joanna: Thanks for your understanding
happy.gif
we got 2 mutual frds!! v v qiao. nice to know u.

Skfs, i PM u ok.

ccharis: she have decided to go hm coz she says she dont want to pass the virus to me. Thank God!!! i have to AGREE FULLY with u its the responsibility! if i tell u straight in ur face maybe u'll be offended but also for everyone gd ma. sometimes cough ah.. long life. so cant blame to be away from ofc too long la.

So nice ccharis! u got re-assured again! my turn nxt mon kinda excited 2 c peanut. hehe.. wonder hw is peanut doing. u now can rest heart le. don tink 2 much.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">skfs, i cannot PM u.... go to ur settings &amp; untick to allow ppl to PM u. i did that &amp; is ok now.</font>

u know
its a thin line,

if he/she cough and immeditely go home,
boss will say "why always sick"

if cough and never go home
colleagues will say "why pass the virus around?"

end of the day, its the boss who pay salary
so cannot blame your coughing friend la,
for choosing who to please.

best is understanding boss.
"get the hell out of here before every1 starts coughing" - said in a joking tone.
every1 will smile.
including you.

lasery2k: i am so sorry to hear what happen to u bec it was too sudden.. Do take care of yrself no matter what and try to eat more bu pin to tiao back yr health okay... *HUGS*

y do i dont feel hungry at all. i lost 5kg ever since i knew this preg. can preg still go touch up hair color? can still do mani &amp; pedi?

<font color="aa00aa">lasery2k, v v sad to hear this frm u.
kao_sad2.gif
pls brace up &amp; get ur health bk now. try again &amp; im sure u'll hear gd news soon! BIG HUG! rest well dear.

SnU how true is that man. heng boss not in n thus she decide to go bk rest as she knows im preg &amp; dont wish to pass the virus to me. I thank her for the thought. coz i just recovered partially from cough n i don wan gena again!! so..... is gd la. heng tmr she also on leave! then virus free till nxt week!</font>

I'm going to doctor now, had pinkish bleeding suddenly .. Felt sth dripping while lunch just now &amp; went to toilet to check when I rch office panty liner wet with light pinkish discharge .. Hope everything is fine ...

Can I check with the mummies here, anyone who is/knows of anybody who is currently/ex/nie trained teacher who can teach pri sci during weekday evenings in oct? Need help badly.

SKSF -- I left my 1st visit receipt in office, but if I recall the total bill is 460; about 158 is consultation, 60+ for ultrasound, and lastly took Multi-vits &amp; Vit C from clinic. Oh! I also prepaid blood test for both HB &amp; myself (for Thalassemia) but dunno is 80/pax or for both. As for today's visit - the consultation charge is cheaper, only 68. But ultrasound still same price as before (which I find it tad expensive).

If you ask me is the price cheap, or even reasonable, I wouldn't know cause this is my #1 pregnancy. My BFF whom used ACJ twice (but under JW) said maybe popularity led to price hike because she didn't paid so much before. I like the gynae too, so no point changing also lah. But I'm more than happy if anyone can comment if the price that I'm paying is ok?

Btw SKSF - Jocelyn is FULL and closed for Oct EDDs.
Just that you know cause I wanted her initially (I think someone else recently just tried to book JW too, also the same reason cited). If not mistaken, CK is almost full or closed too.

GNL: Thanks for the info! Dr Adrian &amp; Woo BH are from which hospital?

ccharis,

i think yr gynae is still within reasonnable price.

I have been paying 500-$600/ visit. Plus I need to see him on alternate days.
bloodtest, ultrasound, consultation, medication, injection. all total up around $500 - $600/ visit x 3 visit/ week. I already spent $5K liao for the pass 3 weeks. going broke soon... think i got to prepare another 50K if I continue to stay with this gynae.

wanna change gynae that operate at nite...

Lasery2K -- I'm so Sorry too! It's too sudden, you were so quiet this morning &amp; we were hoping the best for you. I won't repeat the clichés, but hope you'll recover in the shortest time &amp; know that in heaven there's a star that belongs to you. *big hugs*

<font color="aa00aa">chez: Dr Adrian is frm TMC &amp; Dr Woo also. But Dr Adrian can deliver @ MT A. Dr Woo isnt going there now. Dr Adrian is located @ CCK &amp; Dr Woo is TBP</font>

Precious - Ya, by the time you go for 1st scan confirm can see le lah, on the ultrasound you would see something flickering very fast - that's the heart loh. As for hearing - some said 8-9wks then can hear but I managed a preview on the 7th wk. I cannot describe the feeling to you - you have to experience yourself, hahaha!

Ming8110 - Yup! It's like my shoulders are light again (this week had been so gloomy) and I have to admit, I was badly affected each day I read on the forum/FB loh. I know this is the most difficult period for all of us, let's continue to look forward to the 2nd T soon soon soon!

GNL - Ya, heng your colleague still got some sense. Take some Vit C so your immunity is stronger! Now that she's gone, sanitize!!! Hahaha, ya, I sibei kiasu de.

My peanut is no longer a peanut, it's taking the shape of a fetus already &amp; can see legs and webbed fingers. Amazing lah, and he is still so... LOUD. (Even those waiting outside could hear, and when I came out, I feel so paiseh, hahahahah!)

Winnie - My personal take is if can avoid then don't go now. Hair dye contains toxic smells, mayb harmful. As for Mani/Pedi - I personally also avoid, cause of smell too, and esp. acrylic nails (you may not do it, but the other customer beside may be &amp; when they file, you are inhaling it too) so better be safe than sorry loh. I tried very hard to remove my nail polish too because I dont wanna smell the acetone, layer a lot of masks! If want to do then use those stick on de loh, hehehe! Safer.

SKSF - My prayers are with you! Rem don't kancheong &amp; get yourself stressed out, positive thoughts for your lil' nut! We'll be right here waiting for you...

Ms Lala - My neighbour cum close friend is ex NIE teacher, I'm not sure if she wanna teach in the evenings but can check for you as she is currently taking kids in the afternoon - not because she's my friend but I think she had great reviews from school and students but she can't go back cause she had slip disc, so now her students are getting tuition from her instead. Oh, and also if you don't mind me asking where do you stay?

Btw she is very good at English &amp; Maths, are those subjects what you need?
Let me know if you are keen then can hook the both of you up
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">ccharis.. yesyes she is gone nw. i feel so @ peace haha can breath properly!! hehe i also kiasi leh. nice to hear that ur bb is growing ccharis! cant wait 2 mine. i hvnt hear d heartbeat yet. hope mon trip can hear le. I tink the feeling is amazing!i see the heartbeat i was like wooooo.... God's creation!!</font>

check with you all, did you all still take cold drinks? sometimes really cannot resist leh.

lasery2k: sad to hear that. take care of yourself.

<font color="aa00aa">yes serene i still do lo!! hehe... my tongue no taste. i like some sweet drink to give me some taste. cold 1 nicer hehe.. sometimes hub will let me drink fanta orange la, coke la.. just no liang drink thats all</font>

lasery2k: Sorry to hear about the loss. I have been through it myself and know how hard it can get. Recover fully, build your body up well and try again.

SKSF: Good luck. I hear spotting in 1st tri is not that uncommon so take heart.

Chez: Your gynae is really pricey! Where does he practice?

Chez - You're still with Chris Cheng? Sorry to ask but is it because you TCC at his clinic and continue now or....? Every alternate days is gonna drive the bill sky high!

He's truly well known for his high charges but his practice antics seemed questionable to me too, but take what I said with a pinch of salt. I heard/read them but had not personally use him, or ever reference him.

I feel if you are not comfortable in anyway then change since its still early in the pregnancy. Find someone else which you are comfortable with, spend less, and get more attention - value for money too!

Hi all mommies... been few days not talk to you.. this week is really terrible, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, every morning have MS.. cannot tahan anymore.. >.<

Now in week 10 already, counting days to week 12...

Anyway, I check with my gynae, it is best not to go to dentist in 1st T, my mom also warn me too..

And also now I am a fond of chrysanthemum tea, it is sweet and can drink in hot too... coz cold drink sometimes make my stomach cramp..

Serene and Ms. Lala... we have same hospital and our EDD is quite close, maybe can book a room together :D

Serene - I only take cold drinks, yes, DAILY... But of course I don't encourage any MTB to follow too lah. No good mah.

lasery2k: sorry to hear that, take care of yourself..

check with you mommies.. did anyone of you start wear maternity clothes already?
I have started wearing it this week.. my bump is very big.. cannot wear normal pants/dress anymore
sad.gif

*** knowledge for sharing ***

Remember we were all discussing about soft stool some days ago? I asked my gynae and she said its normal, cause during pregnancy our digestive systems tends to go kuku at times hence some foods are passed out undigested (that's where you might see a dark green, close to black stool) and as for the consistency - the softer it is, the lesser fibre it contains. Eat more fruits/vegs (recommended 5 portions daily) and if you think the stool is still too soft, can request fibre supps.

Here's another one, for those whom always wake up in the ungodly hours to pee - apart from our growing uterus pressing on bladder, another possible reason may be because of the fruits you ate after dinner, digestion takes 4-6 hours, so you can try to 'routine' your pee break by not having fruits after 7pm, and control water intake after 10pm. Instead nibble on dry crackers etc..

Thanks god baby still have heartbeat, blinking brightly there .. Baby is 6w2d now.. EDD 30oct. Didn't went to LN Sim just now, went to my coll's Gynae instead.. Located at TMC too, anyone know Dr Marianne Sybille Hendricks? She's a very petite &amp; nice dr, Dont look local.. Think I'll be with this Gynae as her charges are quite acceptable to me too ..

Thanks all for the encouragement .. So touched looking through the post just now .. Hope everything will be fine &amp; smooth for all of us all.. Thanks mommies!!!

<font color="aa00aa">Skfs!!!!!! U r back with GOOD NEWS!!!! thank god!!!! *run to skfs &amp; hug hug!!! really m v v glad n relieved for you!!!

Did you ask the gynae hw cum suddenly got pink discharge? Is it still unstable???? u really scare me!!! glad u n peanut r fine!!! no matter the gynae is who as long as u both r safe &amp; sound!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">thanks ccharis for this lesson. i try not to drink alot of water b4 i slp &amp; aft dinner. coz i worry about waking up in the middle of the nite. speaking of this, ystday i woke up go toilet then cant slp liao lo!!! pekcek leh! d time was like 12+am.... snort. so... no no drink 4 me!! i wan my beauty slp... @@</font>

lasery2k,
Take good care of yourself. Rest well.

SKSF,
Good news! but must continue to take care of yourself...dun walk so much...

Ask u ladies..does anyone get tummy pain often? those that feels like passing motion but when u get to toilet, nothing comes out...

GNL: YEAH always exp is either mount E 0r Gleneagles hehehe... scarly it is leh..

SKSF: Thanks god really relieve to hear that u are alrite..so u not going for yr appt this week? u change yr gyane?

ccharis: hehe thanks dear... perhaps my next appt will know le.. shall just wait patiently =D

Hi All!

Would love to be part of this group! =)

Nick: Eeyore
Expecting #1 baby
Gynae: Dr John Yam
Hospital: Gleneagles
EDD: 16th Oct

Hello Mummies,

I have finally decided which hospital to go already. TMC is sooo popular that wanna book a appointment also so difficult. So i have decided to continue at Dr Seng clinic at Gleneagles Hospital.

Can add me into the popping list liao.. haha

Nick : BBTM
Expectin BB# 2
Hospital: Gleneagles
Gynae : Dr Seng
EDD : 25 Oct

Novem.. u still cannot find me on FB? [email protected]

Back