(2012/08) Aug 2012

wow hazel you havent got long to go.... im due 4th aug... so 38 weeks and 2 days!! I have a feeling i might be early... lets see how it goes!!

Congratz to all the mums who have delivered hope you are all resting well.

Hazel - Wah! soon ur turn.. I gave birth to my #1 at 39 wks 4 days! Thks for the advice... will try to rest more during my HL....
happy.gif

Sri Leo, u r most welcome.

H, u might wan to provide ur email so that we can add u in the fb group.

I feel myself as a time bomb like anytime will deliver & a bit guilty to make my families and hb very nervous. Ha ha...

Sri Leo, I can said I now a HDB 'tai tai' ha ha... Cos that time I was working as a contract staff while looking for a perm job but got preggy. And my contract ended june. So I plan to look after bb till 6 to 8 mths when I can send her to infant care or child care then go back to workforce.

Hazel: No need to feel guilty la. Recently I told hubby that he needs to be on standby, means the handphone must always be on, in case I call him if I go into labour. Then got 1 time I call him during the weekend when he went back to his mum's place to ask him to buy back some gocery. He later told me try not to call him when he's out, I thought he doesn't want me to disturb him but he said that his heart will now always skip a beat when he sees my call. So if it's not labour, I would SMS him and he would call back instead. Hahaha.

Starfantasy my hb also same, very nervous lately. Especially when receive my call. So now I will SMS him instead if I am going out with my mum or sister. Other time, I try not to call him. As I dun wan him to get heart attack while working.

back at work even though on HL .. to complete my office handover tasks and all ... haiz .. tummy pain since last week
sad.gif
cramping pain ...
down with flu as well ..

Morning everyone!!!

Anyone suffering from water retention on ur feet? Sat night i saw my feet v v v swollen!!! then sun onwards, it wasn't that bad liao... but it kinda worries me...

Meistar, try rise up ur legs with a cushion when u resting on the chair. It help. Can ask ur hb to do a bit massage too.

Ayukie, do take care & dun over tired.

J~A - same lor .. fingers jont nw pain also
sad.gif

hazel : dunno finish up mb if cannot at least i take hl in peace .. then after will be on leave already

can someone refresh my memory? too many things happening and info overload! :X

1. how to sterilize bottles?
2. What do i need to sterilize?
3. If i sterilize bottles etc now, when i wanna use it again, i have to wash/sterilize again before use?
4. Is one wash enough for nb clothes?

TIA!

how to ease water retention on the fingers, I dont dare wear ring anymore, scared cannot take out.
feet i also elevate while sleeping which is v effective. my hb joked and ask me to hang my hands..haha

these hb ah... they always laugh at us being fat! so mean! hahahaha

my friend told me to eat red bean soup and brown rice tea to help to reduce the water retention... but i haven't try yet lah.. so not sure how effective it is lor... i'm at week 34 going to 35 nia...

i've won the npd tickets but my gynae ask me not to go cos he scared too crowded and if suay suay water bag burst then very difficult to come out (becos national day i'm week 37 liao)

oh? red bean water? how to get red bean water?
brown rice soup? means cook brown rice and drink the water? so it's not brown rice tea?

It brown rice tea & red bean water.

For red bean water, u can't over cook the bean till the bean break and the water become milky like the dessert type. And only drink the water.

Hazel : HaHa!! tts gd.. can rest more!
happy.gif
I'm planning to send #2 to CC once she turns 18 mths... for nw stick to babysitter cz here at JW there isnt any nearby infant care ard my area. Added u at FB liao!

My HB very cool one... The only time I can see he's kancheong when last thurs I told him I was admitted at labour ward... haha! after he knows I'm ok... no more kancheong till nw! dunno if its a gd/bad thing...

Ayukie : Oh dear... Me too down with flu. HL still hv to come to work? Cannot juz handover? I plan to barred incoming call when I in labour ward... cz my colleague ever experience whr our SO called us abt certain cases when she's in labour! LOL! so better play smart... hehehe...

Meistar : Better dun go... too crowded! Maybe u can sell/give it online.. I'm sure those who didnt get any tickets wld want to watch NDP parade. And 9 Aug I'll be exactly 39 wks! If nt I'll definitely buy tickets frm u. =P

Water rentention - leg swollen on off..one leg only... fingers always swollen... but I still wear my wedding ring. so used to it la.

I recalled that some of you will be ordering confinement food tingkat. Which are the recommended ones again? I am considering ordering the tingkat for just lunch time after my CL left as I will be alone at home with baby.. still comtemplating whether I should go for normal tingkat or confinement tingkat during the 2nd month... hmm..

Ivy:

1. how to sterilize bottles?
A few ways for you to do so. Easiest is to use the electric sterilizer. Always wash before your sterilize. Other ways include the boiling method where you boil the bottles in a clean pot of water for 5 to 10 mins. Then there's also the use of sterilizing tablets where you put one tablet in a clean container of water and soak the bottles for at least 30 mins (or depends on the instructions for the tablets). If you have microwave, you can buy those special bags or containers and put a little water with the water and put inside for a few mins.

2. What do i need to sterilize?
Bottles and its accessories, pacifiers, pump parts, basically everything that bb mouth touches. But do note that some stuff cannot use high heat sterilization.

3. If i sterilize bottles etc now, when i wanna use it again, i have to wash/sterilize again before use?
No need, just make sure you handle the bottles with clean hands.

4. Is one wash enough for nb clothes?
It depends on your comfort level. I only wash my bb clothes once.

Ninger: In the FB grp, I saw some mummies ordering richfood confinement. To continue for 2nd month depends on your own body constitution. If you are feeling okie, then normal food will do. Also normal food will be much cheaper.

My HL starting next week, but will be returning office on and off depending how I feel on that day itself. Sometimes alone at home also very sian. Hehe

Mrng mummies!

Ytd did some spring cleaning. Change bedsheets n curtain..ironing...wash & fold clothes...wipe the dust! Vacuum n mop the floor. Started in the mrng & end at 8pm! Hahaha! What a slow mummy I am.. :p Am glad nw our rm is clean. Been bz with work till I neglect hsework..heee..

If today gt free time, shall pack hosp bag.
happy.gif
and I havent sterilize my breastpump. Sigh.

meistar,
my gynae tell me strictly DON go watch NDP or book hotel c fireworks cos my #1 ard 38wks+ n my EDD for #2 is 19Aug so got chance to deliver on national day

ya... i've decided not to go liao since gynae say so lor... i dont want anything to happen man!

oh ya, recently lor... i take the escalator right, i'm actually a bit scared leh... it's the feeling like i'm going to take roller coaster! Not sure why suddenly having such feeling lor! i mean, i'm a bit afraid of height, but not to the extend of taking escalator leh!

Congrats to mummies who have popped!
It's been a while since I last posted, my gal down with cough and fever.
Cranky and making me sleepless in the nites..

Can someone also add me to FB grp, many thanks!
My e-mail: [email protected]

Having some brownish discharge without contractions since last nite and now monitoring.
EDD supposed to be 15th Aug and has planned C-sect a week earlier.
Hopefully bb can wait till C-sect date.

Hello I so long never come in here le.

I would like to recommend my Confinement Lady, Sally. She pronounce as Sherry.

She is doing confinement for me now and would be available from 8 Aug to 3 Sept and 7 Feb 2013 onwards.

She has 18yrs of experience and is able to handle my baby and my toddler well. She support me in breastfeeding and will wake up when baby cries for milk for me to latch baby.

Her contacts:
9465 8800 (Singapore Hp)
+60 12 267 2428 (Malaysia Hp)

Just to share la if any of you need.

With a toddler and a baby really very busy so I rarely got time to come forum, esp still got facebook to catch up too and whatsapp....

So I guess some might not know me, some might forgetten who I am. Hahha. :p

Sri, I went through emergency c-sect for my #1 and was a rather traumatic experience.
Previous gynae said my pelvic bone is small and I'm rather petite.

#1 was born at 3.17kg at 41 weeks, induced and dilation at 9cm throughout the process of 12 hours.

Since this time already have a c-sect scar and make no difference if I opt for VBAC.
Would prefer to plan nicely and check in hospital.
Afraid to go through emergency c-sect again..

Are u planning for VBAC?

My #1 also emergency c-sect. Tried normal labour for 14 hrs but I only dilate 7cm after induced. Ended up had to emergency c-sect cz doc broke my waterbag. #1 I gave birth at 39 wks 4days. Her birth weight 3.7kg.

This time round I ask gynae if she can measure my pelvic bone n baby head. But she cant do/say much until the time comes for me to give birth. Isn't it too late? Asked her why #1 I had to c-sect? she gave me lots of reason which make me 50/50 lor..

1. is pelvic bone to small for the baby to come out.
2. Baby position
3. Baby head too big

This tues, 31st July I hv appt. Hmmmm..I gt this feeling I'll hv to c-sect cz at 36 wks 1 day, my baby weigh 3.1kg liao...by 38 wks shld be bigger rite? dun think can come out...heee

nikki/sri, i had emergency c-sect for my #1 too due to dilation only 4cm after 15hours. this time round, gynae told me my successful rate for vbac is only 50-60%, tat's y i opt for c-sect again.

I try explaining to him tat I wasn't working when I was expecting my #1 therefore less walking etc but he dun see the point. For my #2, I'm always walking as am in sales so I tot it might be easier for VBAC and who knows... haiz

I also had an emergency c-sect for my #1. My gynae initially also said my success rate for VBAC is 50 - 60%, but I insisted on trying anyway, because I really didn't want elective c-sect. In the end, it made no difference anyway, since my #2 was impatient and came at 36 weeks, and quickly, so I got the VBAC I wanted.

Actually naturally delivery is good (vbac or not) not just cos of the scar but of the following benefits (more but i just list the more impt ones):
- chances of cervical cancer is reduce a great deal
- milk supply higher chance to come faster as natural delivery also helps send signals to the brain to start milk production
- as bb pass thru the birth canal, he/she will pick up the good bacteria frm mummy to help fight allergies

Understand some mummies may have unpleasant memories frm the birth of #1.. Even gyane say it's 50%, try to look at it as half successful rather than half fail, ultimately u nvr know until u try. Jia you!

Do note that there r some gyanes who want to push for elective c sect rather than encourage natural delivery cos they want control. To say it plainly they plan more for themselves than for the mother and bb.

But I guess it's all fated, most important is bb is healthy from whichever way they choose to arrive.

I was initially disappointed when couldn't deliver naturally.
But I think my gal did try her best to come out naturally cos her head was "pointed" when delivered via emergency c-sect..

Dot, great that you had successful VBAC!
But I went through a great deal of trauma when the epidural was also not properly administered when trying for natural birth.
In the end, just surrendered when gynae proposed emergency c-sect.

Going for CTG tomorrow, hope everything is well.

Nikki: yup. The main thing i want to emphaize is not to let ppl influence u if u want to go for natural birth, of cos if bb is a little naughty or there's medical complications, then bo bian.
happy.gif

Back