(2012/08) Aug 2012

Sometime, it easier to teach our kids than teach a maid. Cos at least kids it our own so if a bit hash still ok. But maid too hash than they said we I'll treated them if too nice they go over board. So mummies rem to set ur ground rules and ensure all ur family members agree and follow the same way u wanted ur maid to be treated.

hazel - i told her on her first day if she unhappy just go to the police post downstairs and find the police no need run away .. they will give her free ride to embassy or the agency lor ..
i gave her the toll-free 999 telephone number to call as well ..

Ayukie, I understand it but it not worth argue with ur hub over a maid like this, some more she is stranger after all. Not to mention u want to divource him. Just have a serious talk on this when both of u r really to talk. No argument, as when both party are on anger , words that come out from our mouth won't be nice and the talk will end up in argument and no conclusion.

Just rem, let ur hub kw for maid issue u will have the final say since she after all hire to come help u.

Last but not least ayukie, dun be to piss off over this, must take care of ur health and bb too as bb can feel it. Stay happy regardless wat happen. Rem u and ur hub has been through thin and thick to come to today, so not worth risking ur marriage over such maid issue, also for bb sake try have a nice talk over it and come to an agreement.

Hi Ayukie
Ok, i resend again.. U check.. Else can u pm me the roaster instead?? Thk u so much.. Havent got time to read all the post today yet..

hazel - .. i cant help it wad he keep on saying she human but she's only a helper to help me and if i not song with her i dont feel good .. yes i know it takes time but sorry my patience is ground zero these days esp when i dont feel gd lor ... im still freaking puking and i dont want to be bothered too much and i feel she watch too much tv .. my son watch tv she also watch ... i cant stand it lor especially when its like 7pm she watch tv ..

If that the case u can schedule something for her to do during ur son watching tv. I kw, nowaday I also very short temp but still bear in mind dun argue too much with ur hub over this and dun say over board words to ur hub too. I believe after all he still put u and family in the 1st pl. Just in his point of view, maid are after all human so must treat with her well too.

U just let ur maid kw, it ok that she can watch tv but she must ensure all chores are done before she can rest and watch some tv program. But rem dun let her have a choice on the program she want to watch if all of u are watching. If not she will insist the next time.
happy.gif

hazel - gt maid is gd to have extra hands .. but also gt more headaches and worries
no maid also headache cant cope ..

sibeh chamz sia

Rainbow, ur mum make coffee for her, no no. Pls don't spoil them. Also it's common they eat after us. I don't have a habit to eat together with maid at home. But outside dinning is fine. Sometimes I force myself to eat early even though not hungry else my maid will not eat till hb n I eat.

Ayukie: Don't get so worked up over the maid. Ya i agree that you cannot treat the maid like friend or family, just treat her like as like an employee. Your boss don't give you his/her room for you to work right, so it's alright she sleeps on the matress instead of the bed, at least there's still a proper place for her to sleep. There must still be respect. Rules should be laid down. I found that sometimes we do become complacent (sometimes lazy plays a part), that we feel that the maid should know what can be done or what cannot be done. Tell your hubby that the maid is not a guest that we must always treat/pamper her, she's there to work for us. Ask him if he's willing to work in a corner of the room and let his employees sit in a big office if he's the boss, he should get your drift..haha. Rging spoiling stuff, I can understand that as being humans, we tend to be afraid to own up our mistakes for fear of being scolded, but to always deny it and not responsive to change is not the way to go either. It depends on your level how much you can torlerate, maybe 1st few times still okie, if always repeat then it's time to change. Having a maid like like being a boss and hiring ppl to help lor..

Rainbow: Same as what I mention to ayukie above, let your mum know she's here to WORK, not to ENJOY LIFE. Haha, if the maid does drink coffee, she can make herself! Tell youself too if she's the employee she don't expect the boss to make coffee for her right. XD

ag - my hub and fil ask her eat before she feed my boy or my hub will feed my boy while she eats and he eat after feeding my boy .. best rite?
They so scare she hungry but even my mum says she auto take rice and a big plate of rice to eat lor .. she eats even b4 i eat ..

ok i feel better to vent out my fustrations and thanks hazel and ag and star .. i think i must get them to be firm with her also .. its just quite fustrating that now it seems like i end up cant relax after dinner instead of like before .. before she comes seems better lor ..

anyway i nw seriously doubts the mom guideline on how we should treat the maids is wrong they make them like we should treat as our guests instead of our worker lor .. cause my hub keep saying the mom survey tells him must treat her nice ... nbz

Ayukie cool down. I went thru all thes before too. Talk to ur hb first. U need to talk to ur hb, it's better u decide how u want to treat n set rules with the maid n ask hb n mum to back off n ask u before they tell her anything. Regarding mealtime, u have to let her eat after feeding ur boy. They won't starve lah, how can they eat whilst u busy feeding ur boy. Somemore she is so free now, can't imagine when bb is born. Anyway u still have lots of time to train, if cannot make it, change before bb arrive. I also think it comes with experience. Like my first maid, I also quite blur n never set rules rite away, after tat too late.
Yeah I can start shopping now. Perfect 1 boy n gal
happy.gif

congratz ag .. yeah will do that ag ..
i also hope my daughter dont turn son in my detailed scan nxt nxt week .. haha

Hi jijz
I know how u feel.. Hugz.. I wish to try natural too but my gynea already say c sect for me too as my first one is c sect too.. Last time i am fully asleep when csect.. Not sure can
I opt for half sleep so tt i can witness my bbies when they just born?? Anyone know if give birth in tmc via halfsleep, can hb be with us so tt seems natural birth to him too?? If he cant be with us then i rather goto sleep else sure very scare..;p

Wah.. Seems like most of ur maids r coming in so fast..;)

Hi ayukie n rainbow n jijz
Is urs a new or exsg maid? Myrammar? Hugz.. Really not easy to train a maid fr scratch.. Hence me considering exsg maids who already hv some experience else sure vomit blood..;) jiayou!!

Joanne,
=) you mean on epidural during csect? yes! =) the nurses will let your hubby in to witness the birth of your child!

re: maid
indonesian no experience so is fresh maid.

tmc spinal epidural can let hb in rm .. i also e-sect last time but epidural spinal only and i insisted hub around but when administer epidural they will ask hub to go out 1st ..

Ayukie, maybe u can ask her to feed ur boy when u & ur family having dinner then after that she can dinner and do all the cleaning up after her dinner is it better? So at least u will have quality time with ur family while she will have things to do after dinner and not watch tv. Ha ha.. This is a small suggestion that u can consider.

Hi ayukie n jijz
Oh.. U gals try before?? Epuidural n csect with hb in operating theatre? Do u feel the pain when they cut u? Or totally painless?? Hee.. Scare later my hb faint as see alot of blood but gd to let him see too..;)

Hi ayukie
Am surprise tt urs is exsg maid but still so automatic.. How much her pay $450?

Hi joanne, its painless until the morphine wears off. you having twins rite? for me, i already told gynae i will be having c-sect.

congrats AG & jljz!

Ayukie,
chill chill.. u r like volcano explore.
understand the frustrations u having.
last time my family maid will eat b4 we do cos she cooks for my granny n us but after granny eat we still at work so we tell her after cooking dinner she can take her share of the food n eat.
if our main dish is pork then she can make a small portion of fish or chicken or frozen food to go with her rice.

my hb told me he is leaving the whole maid issue to me. he will jus pay for the maid, i shall interview and instruct the maid since most time i facing maid as he is away.

hopefully we don get into probs like urs cos hb n MIL nv had experience with maid also

hazel - cfm will do that with her ..

joanne - 400 lah and well that time i dont feel pain but then when i was in the delivery suite i was on hours on the gas as well as i had a jab on tigh there as well so when i had the epidural and with more gas i dont feel anything but high haha .. the pain comes later though when the feeling came back and esp when i tried to move ..

jen - yeah my volcano exploded haha .. its gd to vent and it clears my thoughts thanks gal ..

but then re maid i also have one issue but thats me lah .. when she hug my boy i feel so jealous and i scare my son ends up close to her cause he is very close to me lor .. but thats not her fault thats my issue that i need to work out lor .. very contradicting rite?

ayukie,

its gd to vent out, but after tat must chill n calm down. my hb is away for 3wks n yst outburst with my MIL...
actually i also fear tat. my cousin who was kinda "brought up" by the maid is like this.
when maid left he cried for days despite he is oredi in pri sch. whenever he is upset he tells my aunt tat he don want her want the aunty aka maid.
it took my cousin almost a yr to get out of the maid shadow n open up. before tat he always talk to the maid but his elder brother was different no much attachment to maid but to my aunt.
its very scary n even tot the maid was a gd n nice one who left to get married back in indo it still doesn't feel gd to know our child prefers the maid to their own mum

Ayukie, dun be too jealous, as long as ur boy still close to u and he kw she only helper can't replace mummy then ok. That y quality time spend with kids are very impotant.

jen - yeahlor scary le ..

jen and hazel - yest my son not feeling gd in his sleep called out "yak yak" which he calls the maid (altho i asked him call aunty) in his sleep lor until i say "yak your head im your mama" then he changed to mama .. quite scary lor esp since we always at work and then worse my temper ends up even worse than before hearing that lor so in end i ask her go outside sleep ...

Hazel,
Agree, need to spend quality time with the children.
even tot #1 stays with MIL on wkdays since 3mths old, she is still more attached to me then MIL now tat she is 3.5yrs.
but i am worried tat i might not b able to spend as much time as i want when #2 comes along n if i spend time with #2 hoping she is not tat close to maid then i might neglect #1.
scary, worried if i am able to manage my time n love both equally.

been talking to my #1 n she say she wants me to take care of her n ah ma can take care of mei mei. she also ask me to not go work. haix.

ayukie, you dont have to be jealous. I think who puts them to bed is very important. I ever read that kids feel most secure with the ones who put them to bed, meaning just before they sleep. for me, its either my hb or myself who puts my boy to bed and I never had problems with my boy being sticky with my maid. he can tell me the sequence who will put him to bed...daddy is #1, mummy #2, auntie #3. but problem is that if I have company events at night and daddy works night shift, then no one can put him to bed. that's where I always have to rush home.

ayukie, so fast your boy attached to your maid..surprisingly. btw, why u let ur maid sleep on ur boy mattress..no way I allow that :p

ag - my hubby says let her sleep properly so she gt strength and enegery to work .. so he rather sleep in the couch in living room .. see how nice my hub is to her?

ag - i put my son to bed then followed by my hub .. then my mum ... i never get her to put him to bed ..

Emm.. didnt mean to try to scare any mummies hiring maid. B4 the Myanmar maid in my MIL place, they have Indon maid, 2 years back. Juz in recent CNY, My hb's youngest bro (in his 20 now) told me n hb that the Indon maid didnt close the window and pull down the curtain while changing her clothes in her room and she knew my BIL is sitting at study table with window facing directly opposite of her window. My BIL warned her when she did it the first time, but she still repeating. My BIL oso shy type, never voiced out to anyone of us until she left. I think Indon maid is a bit 'Hiao' even the married one, not all, but we see 2 so far is like tat. Myanmar maid is a bit 'blur'. Pino maid is a bit demanding. My personal view. Of coz, not all of them. Juz be a bit careful.

my son gt play and she dont allow him anything unlike the mama who scream after him and catch him in case he got hurt wad ..

yeah most of them quite hiao, so its better for ladies to handle them rather than hb. but hor they also very smart. like mine, she will request from my hb like her recent trip back home or at times when she wants to go somewhere etc. she will not come to me cos sir always the nice person.

Ayukie, proper sleep is a must but not to extend that sleep with kids on the same mattress. Having a mattress for her I think is more proper than sharing, if not ur boy will have the feel that she is more close to him. If really wan to share then it better u share with ur kids then let maid.

Ayukie, you are smart. We never thought they can be so "hiao". We know they like short pants, tight Tees and keep smiling to men in the house, but we never ever thought tat she dares to change clothes like tat. Everytime I saw her talk with my FIL, i think the way she smile.. got flirting feel.. i told my hb b4, but hb bochap, he said non of his bz.. haha.. may be man is like tat. May be i'm too sensitive, dont dare to tell my MIL. Anyway, all of us against her stay when her contracts expired.

ayukie then u dont forget that you have a cctv in ur room hor :p haha i find in the room a bit too much cos that means no privacy even for myself :p QQ, ur PIL maid too much lah. I will tell my maid not to wear low cut t-shirts but so far her shorts are all knee length so I dont have this problem

somehow after knowing its a gal, I feel so happy and no mood to work at all.

AG, go back earlier and have celebration.

Initially they provides her with shorts with knee length n big Tees, i oso dunno when and how..her clothes from big Tees to small Tees, long pants to short pants.

Back