(2012/08) Aug 2012

BBL, I also stay Boon Lay, u rem...so sian so far rite..........and alot of good food is nearer to the east...more sian.

Hello Tigeroo.

Kitty, why ur office dun allow legging??????

QQ> Thanks for your advice... I have just ordered 2 from gmarket and will also take a look at the ones mummyR recommended.

I think eat in moderation is ok la.. i had a mc chicken just now. wahahaha!

sherry, honey mango is those super sweet kind huh? How to know or see if the mango is sweet. After I eaten 2 sweet mangos, I super like, but the next 2 I eat all siak siak taste...sian...

I want to eat sweet mangos...hahah...:p

Ivian, it's cheap. Will go CK n check it out again. Still need few pieces more. I went b4 but couldn't find nursing bras. Think this round, will ask the promoter.

Evelyn,
The only thing you can do is respond when they instruct you to do thing. YES/ORH/HAO/LAI LE to them is impt because this show that you heard them and impt thing is must be loud and dont show that u r unwilling. Too loud they will say you are unwilling, too soft they cant hear.
Since u mention she is from traditional family, then daughter in law to them is like "Maid" must obey and serve them. What u do like helping out in cooking is your duty to them so dont expect any appreciation.
Tough to stay with them but try to lesser the friction. One more reminder try to find chance to complain to your HB example when things u find inappropriate happen when your HB around else soon your HB might get frastrated to hear both side complain.

Hope it helps you abit. Jia You.

Evelyn
yes, he is being sandwich but luckily ur hb is supportive so i believe he will stand by ur side

Ivian
bb fair is at Spore Expo

QQ
but usually cotton ones has VPL when i wear dress...i like seamless panty but hard to find those in cotton.

Mahjong, we bought the sweet mangoes from a van sold under our hdb. Van uncle said it is mangoes season. I dunno wat species, but all very sweet. Even not matured yet, but meat is sweat... Wawawa.. Felt like wanna cut one n eat de..

Sandy, Evelyn, I have one ex-colleague married to a Singaporean surgeon, I sat next to her last time in office. When MIL called, I will heard she said over the phone, "yes aunty, I know aunty, good bye aunty" b4 married. After married, still the same but changed "aunty to mum". Really like Philipino maid answering to 'mam' lor..

KJChua, Think, u choose those comfortable for u bah. If u think, seamless one ok n after wearing, no itchiness, not really hot, no harm. As long u feel comfortable. Again, each individual's body reaction is different n antibody level is different too.

BBL What is a charcoal stove?
Btw, u know JP got any Maternity shop? Hmmm now I only thot of kiddy palace and not nice.

QQ, maid wearing shoes at age 24 is terrible lor.

Jojo, ur colleagues know u preg or not? Or they dunno that preggy cannot eat too much watermelon? BUt can eat la...in moderation ba...

QQ, ur mum and dad is super nice.

having a bad headache and cannot concentrate at work
sad.gif

QQ,
I wanted say "maid". That is the old traditional way if you watched those palace show u will see even the prince and princess have to respond to their parent. My late father was like this worst part was once he instruct you do things, u must do it ASAP even though u are doing your things half way. He changes only after he got divorce and when after he listened to radio talking about building bond with your child. But too late or too little time for him to mend it cos he got stroke and passed away.

I can understand Evelyn's situation not good for her to be persistent if she continues to stay there.

Sandy:
Ya lo. No choice. Sigh. Usually unless she is difficult then I will tell hubby. Cause the last time, she started crying and being all melodramatic and started saying like things like, she cook for us and I never say "thank you" the kind of things. You get the drift. That's why minimising all contacts with her.

QQ:
I totally understand how she feels man! I get calls at 10pm if we are not back home yet. Coupled with the guilt trap thingy saying that it is dangerous etc etc even though we informed them that we are going to be home late.

Wah! You girls are making me crave for mango. I wanna eat the green mango, with dark soy sauce, sugar and chili!

Mahjong,
Simple dish like fried rice, Japanese curry, spagetti, soup with rice. I normally wake up early to cook then wake my HB up to help pack while i go bath and change.

Sandy:
I'm praying everyday that the youngest son get married soon. Then she won't be breathing up my neck...

I'm contented to be the redundant dil.

Anyway, I need her to get off my back these few weeks. After I'm done with my proposal, I'll have more time to deal with her. sigh.

KJChua> think u can try marks and spencer. i think i got come across those seamless one in cotton i think... they have comfy panties

QQ, u make me want to go buy now...That day so angry, the kopitiam sell 1 sell I say I want then realise it cost $4.00 for 1 stupid slice of not sweet siak siak mango....if sweet I still not so angry......

I think tonite I want to go buy go home and eat...I dun care..thou the fruits in my house like kiwi, grapes and mandarin orange v long there already and still haven finish...hahah.......

QQ, maybe ur friend poor thing but can become tai tai? in exchange?

Sandy, those food u talks make me drool already. U so nice wake up so early to cook. U stay in West or not....hahah...:p

Evelyn, wat proposal?

MummyR
Me too, only junk food now. Can’t stomach in fish etc… hope MS getting better and stop the junk. Drink water also puke now.

Sandy,
Crysanthemun is not liang. Is consider 中 性 tea. It’s my best friend when I want to puke. Drink and puke taste better. :p

Jen,
Why preggie cannot take chicken?

Sherry,
Me also Jan 2010 mommy. 

Ivian,
You are right. Drink a spoon or 2 birdnest everyday better than take a big bowl every week or twice a week.

Evelyn,
so how you gg to bring the child back for first mth?? Ask them to do 100 days like HK ppl lor. :p

Yanlin,
Hope Prof Biswas bring you good news. Have you see him? JIA YOU!

Working on a proposal to start up a biz in Singapore.

I told hubby about it. He is ok with the idea. But pil are trying to talk us out of it.

Though officially I've quit, but I'm still carrying on some of my duties at the company. Don't know why I so stupid. =_=

wow so many posts today..

I've bought aloe vera gel to apply, hopefully it'll get better..

watermelon is nice to eat esp when it's hot, but cannot eat too much lor..

I m also craving for mangoes.. been wanting to eat mangoes since the start of pregnancy until now also haven't got any mangoes to eat..

I also want to bring lunchbox to work, but there's no microwave, so whatever I eat also cold one.. buy before work also cold by the time I eat, and we have no time to go n buy lunch unless the admin wants to go.. so basically I m eating cold food everyday... so unhealthy...

take care Yanlin, praying for u..

vinwee:
Ya, the chrysanthemum we use in Sg is not as cooling. Just make sure it is not the white chrysanthemum. White chrysanthemum are cooling.

Oh! I just emailed the Taiwan embassy explaining my situation. Cause I realise even if baby has a passport, airline will require you to buy a return tic (to Sg) before they let you board the plane. Unless you have the resident pass or sth. Then baby dont't have ma. So asking how to go about doing it.

I told hubby documentations and stuff will take 1-2 mths. =x ICA very fast. Can get passport within 1-2 wks. But Taiwan embassy slower.

Mahjong,
Too bad i stay in North. LOL

Evelyn,

Jia You ! I am sure you can handle your ILs well. You planning to bring BB to Taiwan for long term stay ?

Vinwee,
Thank you that mean i can drink crysanthemun already. Hehe

Sandy:
We will see what happen when we come back in Nov. If they decided to be nice to their grandchild, I wouldn't deprive them of time spent with the kid.

However, if they decide to be horrible and keep comparing and belittling the kid, I'll not hesitate to bring the child back to Sg where I'm sure he/she will be doted by many others.

Education wise, I told hubby it will be all done in consideration of kids future.

Mahjong> I buay tahan.. Bought 4 Thai sweet mango from NTUC.. $1.20 each.. Dun know how to differentiate but usually sour is prob not ripe enough?

JC
thanks, will check out M&S

MummyR
if you dun mind, can try taking camomile tea. But now close to knock off time, it will be better to go home and sleep..

Mahjong, yes. We asked why she still wanted tat surgeon since the surgeon never protected her even during dating time aftr she complaints. She kepts quiet. She always showed off those gifts like LV bag lah, diamond ring la n etc. But she can't become tai tai lor. Surgeon wanted her to work n contribute to home finance n etc. haiz.. Dun understand. Really love ar??

Evelyn, u make me so tempted to cut the mangoes now n dipped with black soya source with sugar n chilli leh... Ar... Sure my Hb will kill me if he knows... Fighting with guilt..

LouiseLS:
hee. I'm trying to keep calm for the sake of baby.

I rmb reading a article online. About parents scolding the grandpa cause he dropped his bowl during dinnertime and they sent him away from the dinner table to eat by himself. All these, their son watched in silence. One day, the parents found the boy craving something out of wood. When asked what is it, boy replies "That is for you and mum to eat from when you grow old. So that you don't break your bowl" Since then, the parents changed their attitude towards the grandpa.

I believe in Karma. The PIL was of showing filial to their parents is by bring granny over and placing her in front of the TV the whole day. And MIL's way of filial piety is to hide stuff that I bought for grandpa in her room.

So all these, I watch and observed. It is all contracting to the values that they try to teach their own kids. =_=

Sherry:
The mango can eat with dark soy sauce, sugar and chili!

Sandy, my 'da sau' stay with my MIL. Really like maid lor. N I do see SIL instructed her to clean table, wash this wash tat even though their house got maid. They like to see obedient DIL. Too bad, I'm not. I can't fight, I can't 'ren' so I hide.

QQ:
hehe! But cannot eat too much, later too heaty.

I'm craving, see how. Later go fruit marketing. Luckily I bought dark soy sauce over. =x

QQ:
Haha. I'm hiding lo. In my room.

They came to give me bs like I should get out of the room and walk around. =_=!! I think I'm better off in my room. The house is in an industrial area leh. You can imagine the air how polluted.

QQ,
I think could be peer presure/can show off/blind. This type of situation only your princess can explain, maybe she dont feel good sharing. LOL

Evelyn,
Maybe your MIL scare you snatch away her "position" in grandpa place. LOL

Robinson sales on 8-12 Feb:

Philip Avent 3 in 1 steriliser with electric warmer 125ml + 260ml PES bottles twin pack and soothers for newborns to 6 mths sellin at $199.00

wow.. today fast n furious.
me popping in for the last 10mins of work..

can't wait to c bb this fri
happy.gif

have a nice evening mummies!

Yanlin,
Jia you, stay positive.
God bless everything will b fine.

Vinwee,
preg can eat chix jus tat i cannot take cos #1 don like :p

evelyn,
i really want *STAB*KICK*SLAP* your ILs!!
*oops*
but they r really horrible!

Evelyn: if sweet then usually I eat just the fruit.. Chilli, sugar and dark soya sauce sounds like the way I eat pineapple hehe
Maybe Tmr I try.. Tonight gg to cook the chicken essence soup so I better keep the mango for tmr

Ladies: If you all would like to eat sweet mango, can try to purchase philippines mango. I understand HK mango dessert got it from there.

Dear All,
I just got back from NUH. The words from the prof has totally ease my mind. He checked on bb's placenta and say is normal. even can hear the little one's heartbeat this time using the 3d ultrasound.
Keep praying till delivery. Schedule appointment for monitoring on 17/2 and aminoc test on 22/2. Now officially onto NUH fetal medicine dept head's care. Bb is just so lucky for able to have good people around her. Praise the Lord!!!

KJChua , Jljz , ivian, Sherry, MummyR, tiggeroo, BBL, thanks for the tips on birdnests...wah pregnancy is burning holes in my pockets LOL

MummyR Which BP link you got your maternity bras from? Can intro? Tks!
happy.gif

Ivian thanks on the tips on bras in CK! will ask my mum to see for me
happy.gif

Re: Biandang/bento/lunchboxes I think it's a very cool idea! Well the ppl here do it--mostly hv bread and bread and bread and yogurt/fruits...the norwegians eat like birds hehe and when my children comes next time, i'll be happily doing it for them but instead i'll make warm food on cold days and cold food on warm days as it shows my 'aixin' mah lol i even bought books/stuffs on bentos already! Can't wait in fact to use the hello kitty ones i've collected over the years
happy.gif

Any hello kitty fans here?

Oh yeah any idea where to get clarins stretch mark cream cheaper than over the counter in shopping malls?

BBL, wa, then must take alot of time to do?

urchin u working in tuas is it so not convenient to go buy food?

Sherry, the thai mango sound so cheap. I am going to buy from the one at Boon Lay MRT there...I think maybe cheap and good.

QQ, the surgeon really love her meh, still want her to work. Did ur colleagues request to stay at home? Work life stress leh.....

yanlin,
=) glad to hear everything is going on great with you! Let's all continue to pray and prayers will be answered! Jia you jia you!!!

Back