(2012/08) Aug 2012

I also think they didnt manage it v well.. When we
Were waiting for the stock everyone was just sitting down.. Then when stock come sure everyone rush to queue and its quite dangerous, w so many preggies ard.. Then
Those who waited the longest may nt be first in the queue also.. They shld probably eithet let ppl stand in queue while waiting or issue queue numbers or something.. There was this lady who was waiting around but didnt get into queue in time.. After that i saw her in the queue and in front of me, dunno how she slotted herself in also..

Anyone help me see the pigeon wipes which is 4 packs at $78, the freeby is cleanser how many ml? Is it 200ml?

Here is what i got from the fair:

6 X 24 pcs new born pampers (2 set @ $10 each set)
2 X 68 pcs size m pampers (1 set @ $30)
Motherhood subscription which comes w goodie bag and 5 avent via cups $50
Tricycle (buy with discount with mag subscription, up $169) $59
Puku bath basin, 1 stroller rain cover, 2 sma bloster, 2 bloster cover, 1 pacifier clip ~$50
5 sets of dry mama reusable nursing pad (2 set slightly thickly for higher absorbency, 1 set free; would recommend this, much better than those avent or medela reusable nursing pad and it's thin and contoured to the breast plus anti bacterial) $62
1 med size LG playmat 15mm thick (free small mat and a crib hanging stuff toy, and 6mths baby and mum insurance) $140
Play blocks made out of foam (so if bb decides to throw at ppl also won pain) $25
4 X maternity bra frm birth shop (2 padded, 2 home wear) $80
Baby love diaper holder that hangs by the cot $16
Free dustmite cleaning worth $60

Total come to ard $500.. And i still haven done with bb stuff. Still got the baby sling, baby safe head pillow, day chair and other small stuff to buy. Hubby will seriously faint.. Hahaha

Forget to add in got goon diapers 1 pack 58 pcs new born, 2 packs 52 pcs size s and 1 pack 44 pcs size m at $62. Brings grand total to near $600. These were delivered and not lugged back so slip my mind.. Haha at least diapers should be very enough le for a few months, not enough buy petpet at ntuc. There was this uncle at the puku store very nice, offer to carry half the stuff for us when we are leaving. Or else have to plan strategy to leave the fair with all the stuff.. XD

Jen, Kim Sang Pampers NB 8 pkts(192 pcs) for $55 then works out to be $0.286 per pc and not $0.12.

Seems like no chance to get Pampers NB diapers tomorrow already..

Hi everyone, i just join not long ago and glad to be inside here. I m gonna be a proud n happy daddy of a lil dragon boy this end aug and i hope to get to know other mummy's whos the same as me and my wife.
happy.gif

P/S: i would be going with my wife to the baby fair in expo tomorrow morn and will hope to post some good deals for all. *Cheers*

i jus went kiddy palace buy my pureen maternity pads, mustela barrier cream. pacifiers at 20%
like tat oredi spent 40+
think gonna skip the fair since cannot get the diapers

Jen, thought you found a great deal in Kim Sang website then we don't have to squeeze & queue at the fair 
Anyway judging from the comments there should be no chance to get the Pampers NB offer there, just have to look out for supermarket deals.

Will still drop by tomorrow & see other deals.

Nikki: yes it is extremely diff to get pampers NB. I went there twice already... Anyway the sales person told me that unlikely there is any stock left....than again they all keep saying diff things... Very poorly organized....

What I bought TODAY!!!

PAMPERS Booth
2 sets of 2 x 48pcs S Size - 2 x $30
1 set of 2 x 60pcs L Size - $30

BUMWEAR Booth
Package C: 10 x Diapers + 25 Inserts + 100 Nappy Liners - $381
5 x Country Save Laundry Detergent (1 box lasts for 40 top load and 80 front load washes) - $113.90
FREE: Membership Card

PIGEON BOOTH
Pigeon Bottle Brush (Sponge) - $6.30
Pigeon Bottle Brush (Nylon) - $3.90
Pigeon Safety Nail Clippers - $7.90
Pigeon Cotton Balls 2 x 100 a pack - $5.20 for 2

GLOBAL OUTSOURCE SOLUTIONS Booth
Aden + Anais Swaddle Plus Cloths (4 in a pack) - $44.70
(Multi-use: For stroller, nursing, burp cloth, blanket, swaddling, etc)

BB CLOTHES from 3 booths
Luvable Friends Bibs - $22 for 7
Libby Short-Sleeve Tops (Newborn) - 3 x $5
Libby Long-Sleeve Tops (Newborn) - 2 x $5
Libby Short-Sleeve Tops (3-6mths) - 2 x $5
Libby Long Pants covering feet (3-6mths) - 2 x $5
Carter's Bodysuits (5 in a pack) 1 x 6 mths & 1 x 9 mths - $30 (for the 2 packs)
Carter's Blanket with Hood - 1 x $16.90 (Bought 2)
Carter's Hankies (8 in a pack) - $6
Swaddle Towels (Square) 1 x $11.90 (Bought 2)

MUMS & BABES Booth
My Brest Friend (Deluxe) - $73.28
Medela Purelan Nipple Cream - $10.32

AUTUMNZ Booth
Medela Nursing Bras - 1 for $20 (Bought 3)

PUREEN Booth
Large Rubber Baby Cotsheet - $9.50
Head to Toe Wash - 1 bottle $6.50 (3 for $19.50)
Liquid Cleanser - 3 bottles $17 (3 for $19.50)
Baby Powder (Cornstarch) - I can use during confinement too - $2.50 a bottle (Bought 2 bottles)
FREE: 3 small bottles of bath, shampoo, top to toe wash

SPRING MATERNITY Booth
Vanille Denmark Cot + Oeko Tex Mattress - $369.04
Inclusive of delivery and assembly
(Better deal than babytown)
FREE: $10 Voucher at Spring Warehouse

Other freebies:
Motherhood Magazine @ Motherhood booth
Similac Pouch to be hung at Cot + Similac Sample Pack @ TMC booth (Saw WBB & chatted with her, lol)

TOTAL DAMAGE TODAY --- $1364.14

DAMAGE YESTERDAY
Goon Diapers Newborn (0-5kg) 58pcs $15
Goon Diapers S Size (4-8kg) 52 pcs 2 x $15
Manduca Baby Carrier - $150
Avent Magic Cream - 2 x $12
Avent Bottom Balm - 2 x $14
Pigeon Wipes (4 x 6 x 82pcs) - $78
Pigeon 200pcs small cotton buds - $3.60
Fisher Price Rainforest Playpen - $199

TOTAL DAMAGE YESTERDAY --- $527.60

PREVIOUSLY, already bought
Peg Perego Stroller $590
Inglesina Carseat $420
Avent Steriliser Bundle $188

So far spent $3089.14 approximately & I haven't finish buying my stuff!!! Goodness!!!

Sashamama: wow, that's a lot!! Other than the fair i also bought quite a bit. Luckily mainly all mummies here, else hubbies see already would faint.. Hehe

Jojo,
I haven't buy those yet. Wanna buy medela PISA, not gotten own to researching best spree for that. Later I go chck my shopping list see what are outstanding.

Any mummies going to the fair today? Lol.

AG,
The sofy pad how many cm u got ? Thinking to buy 35 or 41cm ? Will 41cm be too long as maternity pad only 28cm ?

BBL,
Is it crowded at the fair ? Trying to convince my hb to let me go tomorrow hee...share your loot ok
happy.gif

Hai pamper all sold out. I got the last pack of xxl.
Huggies also selling fast. Lots of size oos. Super crowded there. I can't find goon n pureen booth. LOts of bb stuff to see. Worth to make a trip down. But I guess last day a lot of thing will be Oos. So lesson learnt. To go on the first day n not weekend. And parking is horrible. No lots. I have to park far far n walk.

hi all! i am planning to go to the fair tmr @ 11ish just to get my cot and maybe a baby bjorn.

i was there and thursday and got the goon diapers, huggies wipes and cordlife sign up.

hope it wouldnt be crazy crowded at 11am!!

Wow Sashamama, what a great damage!

I went today and bought only:
Pureen
-Liquid Bottle Cleanser
-Diaper Cream
-Top To Toe Wash
2 Baby Nike Rompers & 1 Baby Tee at $10.
1 Adult Vicks Vapour Rub and 1 Vicks Baby Balsam at $10

Overall not really worth to go down all the way since couldn't get the PAMPERS NB deal.

After that drop by Ikea to get some storage boxes and then to Kiddy Palace and bought the Pureen ABD laundry detergent 3 bottles for $21.80.
The fair was selling 2 bottles at $18.00!

JA, it was not really crowded cos maybe most good deals were grabbed on the 1st day of the fair.

After comparing Medela PISA and Freestyle, think will get Freestyle as it is more portable.
Should be getting from Baby Loft since the price is cheaper.
Saw another Swiss brand that a lady was promoting-ARDO Calypso.
The motor is really quiet and looks very straight forward to use with 2 years warrranty.
However, the only set back is the spare parts are not so readily available like Medela.

Hi all, went down to fair tidy. Crowded. Pampers diapers nb and m size completely out of stock.
Philips Avent had some good deals - the 3 in 1 sterilizer for 135 including 2 free bottles and sip cup. They also have a good price on their baby monitors.

Haha, after pamapers sold out, ppl go for the next booth, huggies.

BBL: the goon booth is next to the redemption counter for motherhood subscription right at the back.Not very obvious.

nikki: Ya, not everything is very cheap in the fair. Some prices are better at kiddy palace with the discount, that's why I drop by kiddy palace before the fair to survey the prices of the things I want first. Hehe

Today I went to kiddy palace to get the last of stuff for bb. Went to scrutise the ingredients for lotion and found at j&j, pureen, pigeon, kodomo ones all had parabens, those I found that doesn't have are little me organices, mustela, sebamed. And out of these 3, mustela is the most value for money. So got the diaper cream for daily use (twin pack) and the lotion from mustela.

Nikki, u saw the Ardo-Calypso pump do they have any special offer at the fair? cos I like the pump when the lady showed me at another fair.. but too early to buy.. but so far I think the price quite standard.. everywhere also the same.. if fair got goodies I go there to buy if not, I'll get it later on after bb comes.. I realise I got a 10% off Ardo pumps at Mums R Rus.. so mayb the 10% off more worth.. but mayb will have trial for a week first...

I'm going again tomorrow around 11 too.

What I got:
1. Stokke xplory $1836
2. Fisherprice playmat 12mm (medium) $150
3. 4 packs of pigeon wipes $11
4. Cordlife 21-yr plan

Planning to get tomorrow:
1. Stokke Tripp trap
2. Last minute deals and misc items

Hi,

Did anyone go to the Abbott Bright kids carnival at vivocity this weekend? Are there any good buys? Is the carnival worth going? What's inside the foc goodie bag?

Star, that's why I ordered BB lotion from Iherb.
Last time using Healthy Times lotion then when recently wanna order again suddenly they indicate not able to ship to Singapore.
I guess that's bcos they have a distributor in SG.
Unless I order from spree where spree organiser ship to a Vpost US address but a hassle and I gotta pay extra for overseas and local postage cost.
But now I found another brand Aubrey in Iherb so waiting for their free shipping promo then will order direct.

Then I just realised the Pureen Milk bottle cleanser also contains parabens but the Top To Toe don't have.
But maybe after washing the milk bottles and sterlizing, the heat will kill the parabens? ;p

Urchin, the Ardo Calypso is going for $388 with extra 3 storage bottles at the fair. Considered a promo bundle.
But Kiddy Palace selling $328 with milk bags and a CD or DVD, can't really remember also promo bundle.
I was rather tempted too but since Medela Freestyle is going for $460 at Beauty Loft thought I would get ths popular choice by most mummies.

nikki: i guess after thinking thru, my rule of thumb is that if anything is only going to be on the skin for a while, maybe got parabens (they are usually listed at the last of the ingredients means their content is the least of the entire product) can be tolerated (like hubby say a lot of us grow up using j&j products but majority of us are still fine and scientific proof is that it's a probable cancer causing, not definate). So like bath as it's only put on then quickly wash off, I'll still get j&j for the afforability but for lotion it's going to be on the skin for longer time, so I would spend a bit more to get really non toxic stuff ba.

thanks Nikki. I haven't seen the Calypso in Kiddy Palace for some time already... thot they r not selling already.. haha..

Shashamama : Pigeon wipes need to buy the box right? Did u get it? I realized those are just refills ( I got the same as u) and I forgot to buy the box type so as to store the refill.

Magic cream is to apply on face n body as moisturizer? Bottom balm is as a barrier cream is it? I got one of each and thinking should I buy one more of each.. I also got the Desitin purple cream 4oz at $12.90 at one of the booths.

MUMS & BABES Booth
My Brest Friend (Deluxe) - $73.28 ( Is it good/ better than other nursing pillows? Quite expensive? I saw a nursing pillow at one booth going at $35)
Medela Purelan Nipple Cream - $10.32 (Which reminds me I have not got this too! Highly recommended?)

AUTUMNZ Booth
Medela Nursing Bras - 1 for $20 (Bought 3) - How is this different from normal nursing bra?

I'm on my way there this morning..

Ya Star, we just try our to avoid parabens products .
Guess we can't be too overly protective.

Urchin, Kiddy Palace locks the pumps in a glass cabinet and are not displayed openly on the shelves.
You can check with the staff.

Tanny: the brest friend look to be one of the best, even my baby class recommend that but for how long it can be used, it's pricey and definately not portable

Beetlebug: i have gotten 8 sets of mittens and 4 sets of booties. As laundary is washed everyday, this is enough for me. If u don wash everyday good to get a few more pairs

Philips Avent Manual Breast Pump Out & About Set.

Used less than 5 times due to absence of breast milk.

Bought at $159, letting go at $80!

Item in great condition with full accessories in Original Packaging.

Self collection at East area. Pls sms / whatsapp Jean @ 91122351.

Dear jojo,
Hope ur maid is good!!!

Dear nikki,
I just got to know from another thread that newborns need to use top to toe washes that does not require rinsing off and the pureen ones seem to need rinsing. Any mummies here know if this is true and which are the suitable ones to buy? As for pump, I think i wanna get PISA, heard a few mummies saying freestyle suction not as good as PISA.

Dear kelly,
Wa! Stokke!!! Very ex wor! But very good!

Dear Tanny,
I think can use without box too, just reseal everytime so that the packet doesnt dry up! I been using various wet wipes for my sasha. Magic cream is for all over baby's face and body. Bottom balm for butt during nappy changes I think. I did some research and My Brest Friend seems good, kiasu so just buy lo. I think the nursing bras all the same, just that this one has my size, lol. Next time got breast milk wont need nipple cream cos can use breast milk as nipple cream. But right now sometimes my nipples itchy so i buy for now. hehe. Heard it's good.

sashamama: I really like the stokke stroller and can pass down to no 2 next time haha!!

I went to the fair today morning in the end didnt get the stokke Tripp trapp chair....... They removed the 15% discount as got people complain to stokke itself and the managent have to remove it sian!! Then went to get the avent head to toe wash and subscribe to motherhood magazine

Went to fair ard 3pm, not crowded as I expected. Managed to buy what I wanted, happy
happy.gif

The pampers booth, nb is oos already and as mentioned by other mummies, only 1 set per person.

Kelly,
Can buy the high chair in future fairs...

Any idea how often is motherhood fair held ?

More or less bought the stuffs required, now left washing clothes and set up the playpen, I m wk 28 today, 3rd tri ..

i also bought most things, except big items like stroller or car seat that i shall wait until bb is born..

shashamama - i wanted the iphone case (mine just broke) so i went to buy the avente nipple cream to reach the $50. saw yr msg too late, i went to buy the pigeon wipes box at $6.30 already. i also bought the 0mth anti colic (yellowish) twin bottles @$23 from avente. hv u bought yr bottles?

J~A: I thought I could get the chair at a discount then go mothercare at PS to redeem the $250 voucher for the seat accessories hahaha. Must try to save as much as possible ma! Kiasu a bit
happy.gif

Hazel: It depends on your bb skin, but good to get 1 tube each for standby. For the bottom cream, which is like nappy rash cream, if you really don't like it, then can just powder bb butt only when you see rash then use the cream. In that case, get desitin cos it's proven to be effective for treating rash. For magic cream, it's another word for lotion so if you see your bb skin is dry then you can put. Lots of choices available but if can check the ingredients for probable harmful substances.

sashamama: Ya, that's what i heard abt PISA and freestyle. Not surprised, since PISA motor is bigger than freestyle but freestyle is much more portable. Sine I'm going to express milk when I go back work, I'll get the freestyle as I also take public transport so try to min the stuff I have to carry around. My bb class also teach to use breast milk as lotion for the nipple, but I was thinking is that hygenic? Since breast milk in the normal temperature spolit within 1 hour, wouldn't bacteria start growing on our nipples?

movenpick: You can email them at [email protected]. The website is at http://mybeautyloft.multiply.com/photos/album/6/Medela_Breast_Pump_Spree_mybeautyloftyahoo.com.sg

JA: I heard that there's a parenthood fair in oct/nov.

Are the daily motherhood fair deals featured on newspapers? The words so small can't even see clearly.. If got, can someone help me see the sat papers?

Kelly,
Still got time to scout for gd deals...hee parenthood fair up next..

Starfantasy,
By then our babies will be abt 2-3 mths old, can stock up M size diapers...hahaa

hi,

anyone looking for day nanny? i have a nanny looking for day care confinement. she is very experienced. trained with the hospitals in singapore. from malaysia. normal rates. no exorbitant rip-offs. PM me asap as all the annies are taken up quickly this year.

she is also looking for live-in confinement, so let me know if you need live-in or day care only.

i am not an agent and not related to any nanny. i am not making a single cent from recommendations. just want to help out and to save people from companies like PEM ripping people off.

thanks

Hi,

seems like there's a lot of interest in the Britax B-Agile stroller. I did a review of the stroller but the thread seems to have disappeared.

It is an excellent stroller. If there is a request for the review of the stroller, I am happy to write it again.

For those who want to get the stroller, this is the information you need.

1) are you looking for the 3-wheel of 4-wheel?
3-wheel is USA version.
4-wheel is UK version.

2) the 3-wheel i bought at wholesale price but the wholesaler said they will not bring in anymore 3-wheel.
the 4-wheel you can get from robinson.
the 3-wheel you can get from paragon (the first few years on level 5)

3) robinson and paragon sell at retail prices which is about $500 for the stroller alone - no car seat or attachments. but it is a very sturdy vehicle and should last a long time.

4) the 4-wheel is heavier than the 3-wheel.

let me know if you need more info.

thanks

Back