(2012/08) Aug 2012

Bhoo,
Mine is AXA. Market only 2 company have it. Prudential n AXA.

Ling,
Oversea spree can get from Leng leng or Rach. Leng leng told me about $510 and Rach revert $480. The beauty loft is ex-stock but I nvr buy things from her before. Both reply the USA set, noone complain before

sashamama - yeah abit better but nt gd enough but at least now she alert when my boy is sick and not sleep like a log and i have to call 5 times for her to wake up .. anyway i think maid hor really cannot be good to them cause they will have lotsa requests .. my maid v v clever gt request go find my hubby and then when i refuse she cry in front of my hubby whom will ask me treat her nicer .. i told her no need cry it wont work on me .. i can let her call mymamar indefinitely but sending her back there and let her call till she songz .. if she makes me angry this weekend and never finish her chores by being sooo slow and sloppy in her work she can forget about her request to call back .. never do till expectations still gt alot of requests one ..

just that day i told her i like cabbages fry with those mock abalones (can type) .. she told me she dont like i told her plainly i dont need to care nor do i care what she dont like or like .. but she needs know what i like and dont like ...

they really needs to be put in place 1 ..
let them sleep on mattress and buy those toygo stackers for them to put their clothes .. i used to let her sleep on my boy new bed and use part of his wardrobe end up the wardrobe really smells with her oils and such manz .. and then she did sooo porrly in her work i change her from bed to simple foldable mattress .. i also bought her cheaper but presentable plates and utensils, mugs to use as well .. because despite telling her not to use my boy's plates and utensils and cups she keeps on insisting using them ..

wah Ayukie, your maid dare to tell u she dont like cabbage. who cares if she likes it. just tell them straight what to cook, dun bother to tell them what you like or dont like. I find filippino cleaner cos I had 2 indo maids before and no matter how many times they shower, they still look messy. I totally understand how you feel..hee. my maid also always goes to my hb for request and not me. hearing your story hor, I wonder how long you can tolerate her.
my urine test also included in package and multivitamins too. I only pay DHA and calcium pills.

jen - dont scare lah .. its my fault lah for being too nice to her when she first started cause my first maid mah .. now i know you must be strict with them from start .. anyway if not ok change lor .. at least she dont dare talk back to me *yet* and she scare of me which is good ..

ag - yesh as long as she knows her place and do what i ask her to do and dont smart alec and auto do housework when she free .. we can co-exist (i told her that plainly) if not i will buy her a 200 bucks tix to mymammar .. she can forget about working here .. i wont send her back agency one (dont want waste time and $$ on her) haha .. also i told her all her $$ in bank a/c .. she at most gt 6.50 if she gt more when she leave i check her bag she gg direct to the police below my flat there .. not a single cents more and nothing more haha .. abt her still ok lah at least she pin up her hair but i did tell her if she scrub my rugs till they botak im sending her to be a botak as well and she will pay for the shave haha .. i v mean hor?

but jen - u need enforce things to them cause they wont care for your things .. i cant count the things she broke already but if she dares break my eletrical appliances she knows she needs to buy me back at her own pocket ..

littlecoco,
yup, will let bb wear #1 clothes but some are quite old so was checking and packing ytd and will buy some new ones to mix together. i hope my #2 can be like my #1 hehee..

how about when bb discharge, wear new set(we bring), pass me down or just wear the new clothes provided by the hospital ?

wahaha ayukie, u very fierce manz. hey you got to chill down a bit cos you never know what they do to your baby next time esp bb cant talk yet. you wont know what they are thinking.
what I realise is that we all learn from experience from hiring maid too...I only manange to settle down after hiring my 3rd maid.

ag - yeah but then tats why gt maternity leave to make sure she ok lor .. if she ok she wont kenna scolded lor .. i told her plainly nw baby nt yet come she can do so many wrongs liaoz then baby come will be worst .. and i also tell her if she cant make it i still will send her back even after baby is born lor ..
bo bian they wont care about your things cause not they buy 1 .. i told her plainly put herself in my shoes if she buy and i spolit she like anot ..
so far she do care abt my boy lor .. and play with my boy even though she thinks we are asleep in the master bedroom still .. cause i peep haha through the cctv :p

J-A - hosp will pack baby nicely in blankie and a shirt and diaper mah .. just go home likdat lor .. go hm str8 frm hosp no need change lah ..

J-A - pigeon nappies to swaddle can .. i do that for my #1 when he at home but when go out use nicer blankie lah haha .. but the nappy can bring as spare also in case dirty can use as well .. can use as their towels as well .. v gd to use

JA,
That's the crucial part.. Haha wear passed down better. Previously I took over alot of clothes from my sis's boy who is just half year older den my boy. I can still rem clearly which one I wore for him. Haha that romper with cars so small so cute! Omg haha~

yeah pigeon or tollyjoy nappies very useful, can be use as blanket, clean buttock when they older, etc. its like a mulit purpose cloth and I jsut bought 2 new packs for my baby eventhough I have some from my #1. go out just use a nice blankie but dun need to buy too many nice blankie, just 1 or 2 will do cos when young, we dont bring them out so often and when they are older like 4months, we dont need to use it already. having said that, I bought 2 new ones eventhough I still have a few left over from #1 :p mummies just loves shopping.

Posted in FB Group too.

Richfood Confinement got back:
1st reply:
Dear Jasmine,
Apart from the early bird discount ($1379.00 - $59.00 = $1320.00), I extend another 2.5% of $1320.00 ($33.00), if all decided to take up the package.

And when i asked for more discount:
Hi Jasmine,
For 5 - 10 pax confirmed, a discount of 10% @ $137.90, hence the amount is $1379.00 - $137.90 = $1241.10
Hope this is okJ

Hmm.. hahaa... the best he can give liao.

What say you mommies who are interested? We need at least 5 to enjoy the so called discount.

thanks mummies !!
dunno why i cant seem to recall, my preg brain is really leaving me.

ytd i was packing and sorting the clothes, i realised that is better to get more neutral clothes esp for 1st time mummies so next time can recycle when expecting no.2 esp if is opposite gender...cos quite difficult to recycle if is pink or blue, maybe only at hm but if taking photo, wear wrong colour like not so nice leh...

Hey mommies,
All so anxious alr done packing up for NB? Me don't intend to move probably till last min! Haha super lazy.. Have been having insomnia can't sleep at night super lethargic in the day. Dam sianz! Feel so bad if I keep sleeping and never co my boy play his iPad puzzles or do coloring. Arghh!~

Shopping:
I can't stop buying and my hub's eyeballs cannot stop rolling! LOLX!!

Gynae:
Any mommies here with Doc Adrian Woodworth?

JA,
sorry i jus sent u the Mt E bill.
pai seh took so long, btw u might wanna chk if Mt E now has clothes n recieving blanket for bb cos last time i deliver is don have. gotta bring own clothes n recieving blanket.

but this round i went to look thru their brochure seems like they do offer it now.

Hi Jen

Yes, there's free 6 months insurance for the baby. I even have the brochure for it.

It says for all delivery at Parkway Hospitals. Includes accidental death benefit of 25k, child critical illness 15k, recuperation benefit for HFMD, daily hospital income benefit, parental accidental death benefit.

mum's advantage:
covers hospital stay for baby's premature, incubation, HFMD, dengue fever, Pnuenmania and Brochitis... only if baby is admitted to ICU. Normal hospital stay don't cover.

Mt E free cover for babies for 6 months.... I think TMC also offers this 6mths free for FBI/SBI members..

PISA and Freestyle... both my sets were from US.... no defects so far.. so i'm not worried about the warranty. the Freestyle no need converter... the adapter itself is for international voltage.. just like laptop ones...

dressing of babies after hospital: i use rompers... love rompers... don't like to just let baby wear tops cos will expose the tummy easily. I don't swaddle baby in the day... just at nite...
so day time baby will wear mittens and socks (cos i don't swaddle). nite time will chg to long sleeve romper plus swaddle (air-con room).
so far works well for my 2 kiddos.

as for wearing hand me down clothes for the day baby leave hospital... i don't practice that... both of them wear brand new and are super easy to take care....

Hi LittleCoco,

I am with Dr Adrian Woodsworth too
happy.gif

jen - i believe thats called laying down the house rules .. and letting her know that i still got option send her back anytime lor .. i told her we share cost to replace items especially she knows all my items are new ..

tiggeroo, gloomybear,
thanks. still wondering if got so gd free insurance. gonna get more info on tat.

ayukie,
ok, i get wat u mean. cos i considering myammer maid n the agent says less prob then pinoy n if lucky get a religious one is quite loyal n don "mess" ard outside. but need to b patience cos they learn slower n speech is also slow but if lucky might b able to get one tat oredi knows chinese

jen - yeah they are really nt v clever or they clever to act blur blur .. haha .. seriously i also wonder hw my maid gt her bachelor

Hi clim,
So u changed gynae? Is the current better? I was lazy to go ard looking for another one.. I find him so far so good.. Though he's a man of little words but I was touched when the first time bef Caesar he gave me a squeeze in the hand and assured me that everything's gona be alright. I'm on full anes.

Happy,
Haha so when are u due? Caesar or natural?

JA: Cos bb not going to sleep in aircon room, also will let bb wear short sleeve front button or front tie (monk style) without shorts or pants in the day cos like jljz say need to change diapers often. So the lower body just swaddle with nappy cloth. At night will wear long pants. For mittens, depends on bb, if he/she is one who likes to anyhow rub the face, then better to keep wearing it. If you afraid bb will be warm, buy those mittens and booties that are made from thin cotton.

Littlecoco: Ya I know that too but sadly for my bb, there's no "old" clothes for her to wear cos no hand me downs.

JA: Actually there's no strict rules to say girls have to wear pink and boy have to wear blue, so I bought assortment of colors. XD

Hi Jen
Mine is also myrammar maid who just come in on last sat..
I really cannot get use to a stranger at home.. Sigh.. Thot is fun to hv maid but think i am wrong.. Maybe shouldnt asks her come in so early.. Nothing much for her to do now..;( My maid does things kinda slow.. Maybe because i am kan cheong kind so really buay ta han.. My collegue say is normal n give them some time since they come fr slow pace country.. Wonder how long shd i give her to see some improvement?? Sigh... Really cant use having a maid.. Go out oso feel awkward to hv a stranger follow but yet not sure whether is safe to leave her at home alone now?? Now i keep peek at her to see how she does things and cant imagine if i am at 3rd trimester then how to peek on her.. Anyway, my hb is a great help.. He has been doing most of the training and he will just asks me ok then i say yes.. I oso dun feel like tok to her so leave it to hb now.. Lucky both my hb n myself work quite well and no quarrel. I feel they arent so hygiene too... Yucks... She just fried my mum ginger till black yesterday..>_<" and she very smart.. See how my mum cut the orange to small pieces for my son and she does tt for herself too... Think they learn fast on how to pamper herself..;p but i dun dare shout at her or scold her too much as worry she may do something bad to our kids next time.. We really never know.. I oso worry she will get a knife n kill all of us in the middle of our sleep.. Haha.. Feel i am so imaginative.. Think i will just hire maid for 2yrs n see how then.. Dun like all the restriction now..

joanne - my maid also till now slowwwwwwwwwww .. i time her every chores especially ironing haha .. i even time her bathing and washing clothes ..

joanne - yeah they smart to pamper themselves slow to do work .. u must b firm with her and let her know her place .. and dont allow her interactions with others (at least nt yet) .. my maid gt cousins in singapore and she let slip they bought her a hp once only her ex employer spolit the phone .. i told her firmly no calling her cousins and i dont want see strangers around my place and also no hp for her for 2 yrs if she cannot she can tell me and i will send her back mymammar .. if u now dont control nxt time v hard control le .. hygiene wise i make sure detergent is a must before she handle our stuffs and our kids .. also she must bath before she handle my son lor (twice a day lah) ..

oh hb locked our door when we slp lah .. and i drill into her knock the door and i say can enter then can enter when im inside the room

Ayukie: IMO, I don't think joanne should totally restrict the maid from having any contact. Because after all, maid are also humans and they need social interaction outside work. And in joanne case, her maid is a new one that just came, some might not be able to handle the stress and if they have no one to talk to, they just run the risk of going crazy and might do unthinkable things.

Joanne: As I was telling ayukie above but not wanting to scare you, you have to be your own judge on your maid emotional state. No one is the same. My hubby's colleague got a maid who also new from myrammar first few weeks everyday cry but luckily did no harm.

hmz dunno but i prefer her nt to have outside contact until i can trust her enough besides when we go out we do bring her out and for interaction she can interact with my son and my parents and my fil lor .. other times she do the housework and all .. at night can interact with us so also have social interaction but restricted nia ..

Ayukie: I understand, same sentiments as me too, so initially for the first few time when I let my maid call home, I would be around in sight. As for social interaction, I seldom talk to her except ask her do work, so to me it's not social interaction la.

hmz ok lah me and hub do ask abt her life in mymmamar when she didnt piss me off lah .. when i get real angry i will just ignore her ..
for calling hm i dont mind but i want her to know there are limits from start so i set her a time and amt of time to call back lor so if she wants call back she needs to ensure she does her work promptly and effectively and of course correctly ..

Jen, usually they offer 6mths free insurance to get "leads"... the 6mths is actually very cheap for the agency.
happy.gif
to sell u other products is the main idea. haha..

Hi Ayukie
How long u give her to iron clothes, bath n wash clothes? She bath for 10-15mins n i feel abit long.. Iron clothes can take 20mins for one working shirt.. Tt day i tell her has to fast n my hb say give her more time n if by one mth no improve then tell her.. Also, she dun interact with outsiders yet as she still new here.. Been here for 5 mth plus only with previous owner.. I want lock my door too but my son sleeps in another room and if to lock his is abit troublesome as we need to call him next day morning to goto school, also i worry if our son needs to look for us, he cant come to our room..

Hi star
Thks for ur opinion too.. Btw, u hv same idea as me.. Intend asks my bbies to wear short sleeve shirt n cloth diaper below when at home.. Didnt buy any romper so far.. Think romper is only for going out then use..;)

Joanne - used to be 1 hr+ for 2 shirts, 1 pants and 6 little boy school uniforms ..
i seriously wants to faint .. now 2 shirts 25 mins .. i told her i want it by max 20 mins target 15mins .. bathing within 10-12 mins cause i bath 15mins and i bath v v longggg ...

wash clothes - her clothes lah (so far her clothes gt limit nia haha) -> max 10 mins and wash clothes not when shower cause i dont want her close bathroom door and waste my water ..

hm my son stills sleeps with us even though we ask him slp in his room he refused to sleep until we got his mattress on the floor beside our bed .. haiz

Hey gals, I think its too tiring to keep timing ur maid. If u get frustrated by the way she does things now, it will be 10 times worse when baby is born. If she is really not suitable, change before ur bb is born. I do think that they need to talk to outside wirks too else they will go insane n do funny things to our family. It's like us, we can come forum to vent it put then we feel better. If there is no way for them to vent their frustration, she will find funny things to do to us. I tried to control my first 2 maids too like no off days n Hp and end up couldn't last for more than 6 mths. Same issues as u gals mentioned. Then I closed my eyes n gave my 3rd maid freedom,and she is with me for 2years already. She is not fantastic, but can do. And of cos we have other issues too bit at least not the daily stuff which can drive us crazy. One thing I realize, indo n myrmar maids tend to be slow and u need an elderly whom u can trust like giving correct dosage of medicine n correct timing, or give milk at right timing etc. cos chances u won't be able to trust them. Just my 2 cents worth :p

Hi all, I went for my gynae appt just now.. bb's fine but also in breech position thou doc says it's ok, cos still have a long time for him to turn. I put on 1.4kg since a mth ago... doc seems to feel it is a bit more than normal but she says she's not bothered cos I m small size to begin with so can put on more weight.. is 1.4kg a lot for a mth?? hmm... I still thot it's v little...
my hubby is supposed to go for reservist end of Aug... my due date is mid Aug so he'll probably not b ard during my confinement!!! So I m gg to try to defer that... I was planning to do confinement myself.. but if he cannot defer then I must find a CL liao.. =(...
jljz: I might want to order the confinement tingkat too.. as I can't find someone to cook.. but that will depend on whether my hubby can defer his reservist.. when do u need to confirm??

Re: Massage Lady
I booked Ida really early and recommended her to other gals here, that was when we were in the end of our first trimester where quite a number of us booked then. Ida is coming this Sat to do pre-natal for me. Will update here!!!
happy.gif

Re: Maid
So hard to decide, but i'd do the strict at first and let go a bit later approach. Strict and firm but not harsh. Will try that and see how.

Re: Delivering in Aug &amp; My Updates
I scared if deliver on 8-10th august no room in hospital lo!!! lol. My EDD was 15th aug, today go scan became 5th!!! I guess it'd be late july if i can last that long!!! Swell in uterus is still there but baby still growing. Doc gave me 2 weeks MC to rest at home.

Dear Joanne,
As for looking for things for maid to do, i intend to get maid to do fruit juice, strawberry milkshake for me, hehe... And cook all meals lo. After cooking still need to wash. And also once a month spring clean one area of the house? Some more I have my Sasha that she needs to take care of. So will not be too free lo. I'm gonna plan a 7-day orientation for my maid too. Hehe...

urchin, usually can defer one. I think just have to give copy of birth cert. At least, that's what I heard.

Dot: i dun think can wait for birth cert, that'll b too late already. I got an EDD letter from gynae to submit. Just hope they will grant the deferment. My friend's hubby also went for reservist during her confinement. Not sure if he tried to defer but i hope he had to go cos he had deferred a few times before. My hubby had not defer before n its first child so hope they can grant lor. Somemore is for 2 weeks. I cannot imagine being alone with new bb for 2 weeks during first mth.

Back