(2012/06) Jun 2012

Anna, my gynae removed my bandage n stitches at 7day. No more bandage. Use anti bacteria cream n gel type bandage daily.. I stop both after manyue. Gynae nvr say use for how long.

Good morning mommies!

annatequila
Your gynae advised 14 days? Mine advised 7 days only. But I also scared to take it out. I haven't seen the wound at all. Am wondering if it's gonna look like one ugly caterpillar
sad.gif

sunbelle,
Is this your first child? haha... My first child, I also everynight wake up see CL feed baby. now second one, I just make just I sleep at night, left baby to her. Sometimes still not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but I thought since she's here, I better build up my energy so that can take care after she leaves. But still, I do feel worried sometimes, not knowing what's happening in the wee hours.

Compression socks
How about compression socks? I forgot how long I should be wearing it.

ryan_mummy,
Your bb manyue already? Wow! That's fast. Congrats! I'm still thinking what to do for manyue, if any at all.

Cyn

Wah! 42 months! I really salute you.
happy.gif
Do you find that your kids on BM really makes a difference in terms of their health?

Quite troublesome to travel between Mt E and PEH! Hope your boy's review goes well today.

Poor boobs - they are so overworked and yet end up all saggy and no longer attractive. I don't think my breasts upsize anymore after pregnancy. It just shot up overnight during my first trimester and basically remained that size till now. In any case, I always wear bra at all times.

Quite a lot of D cups here eh? What nursing bras are u using now?

Ktmom

serious ah? 36A?! Sad leh....
sad.gif
Can't figure out why our boobs expand and contract so easily!!

Hope the compress works for you.

jomomm

Actually I found the entire labour process quite ok leh. I only hated the stupid Epi jab and the final 9cm-10cm intense feeling. That was the worse ever. I also kept sipping water throughout my labour - didn't vomit but kept shivering on and off. The entire c sec op was actually quite a breeze afterall I didn't need to do a single thing but lie there like a piece of meat.

Yeah, I think the main issue was her facing. Cos gyn said if she faced down, even if her head circumference was a bit bigger, the pushing would be way easier. Nevermind la, natural or c sec, end of the day as long as mother and baby are fine, it's a blessing already.

Ginger

I also don't need cup size make a difference la. I think my max output in 4 hours so far is 230ML? If not, on the average around 180ML or so. Still not as powerful as Merydith.

Anna

I went back to the gyn to remove the dressing on Day 10 I think. She just cleaned the wound area and that's it. I didn't need to do anything else after that. I also stopped wearing the binder once I got home on Day 3.

Sunbelle

I haven't started on the night feeds - CL is still doing it. Trying to get as much sleep as I can. I feel very heaty lately. ARGH.

Slight more than one week more to go hor..we are at week 3 already. So fast! This weekend is the full month right?
happy.gif
I am not looking forward to people coming in and out of my house.

I think weight loss will come naturally as long as u don't overeat. Just continue with BF and with the endless lack of sleep, confirm will lose weight one.

I run alot too! haha..but at the moment, I think I have to focus on my girl first. DOn't even know how to find time to pump - how to exercise?! But thankfully, I have a cross trainer machine at home so if really get a chance, I get always get back to working out. But the c sec internal wound takes awhile to fully heal, so don't over exert k?

sunbelle, which ntuc can free delivery? i found around my home in woodlands none offer free delivery. cannot even advance purchase too if got offer huhu

hi jomomm, yes is my 1st child and i wake up pretty often hahaha
happy.gif
maybe oso to train myself in preparation for future hahaha
happy.gif
yeah as the days go by, wake up lesser cos more fang sin now leh..my CL keeps hinting to me that all her previous employers extend her stay..i kept quiet hahahaha
happy.gif
my hubby everyday bought her yummy breakfast and buys lots of good tins to put at home for her to makan..reason being she is the one with direct contact with baby leh...she asked me to fill up a feedback form for her too...

Hi Smilez,

think the red dates water which we are drinking cause us to be heaty i tink so leh....yup this sun is the full month party. i have confirmed all the food and guests except one or two havent confirmed due to some matters. wow u have a good cross trainer at home hehe think now oso cannot exercise leh...cos like you say, c-sec wound takes time to heal leh....maybe after two months then will see got time to go walk walk with baby too at east coast park hehee
happy.gif

Hi Groovy, i went to the one at marine parade. yeah my house is only few blocks away. i am not sure whether they deliver only to close area. mayve u call and ask first instead making a trip down lor...hhehehee
happy.gif

oh yes, how muchie do you all pay for your massage sessions huh? mine is a freelance n i pay $650 for 10 sessions of an hour each plus binder wrapping....

hi cyn,

as you mentioned that the c-sec gets more painful each time, are you under the same gynae always huh? i am thinking of trying for second one before hitting 40 leh...hmmhmmm cos scared if try later, not much energy to take care...hahhaah also feel not much energy now liao hahaa
happy.gif

Sunbelle

yah heaty la..really countdown to her first month! First milestone. Can't believe first month just went past like that hor.

Guess, good to start with walks first - slowly build up your energy and also you want to spend more time bonding with baby during these first few months rather than exercising all the time. I am sure you can find some activity to do as a family with baby.

CDAC Account

have you guys open the account yet ah?

Baby Sling/Pouch/Carrier

I'm seriously considering if I should get one. Hope it'd be useful when I am at home and need to do stuffs leh. She doesn't seem to want to lie in the bouncer. Only a short while then make a lot of noise.

smilezz
what is the brand/model of your crosstrainer? review? i can predict that my gym trips are gonna be minimal and neighbourhood jogs are gonna b a luxury.. gotta be home to attend to bb and todd =(

movenpick
PM-ed you

sunbelle
i also can feel my energy draining with #2 preggy that time.. and i haven't hit 30 yet! .. so try for second one soon! jia you!!

eunice
i almost on total express, occasional latch.. cos lazy and tired to wait for him to be done drinking.. also easier to see that he is drinking when bottlefeed.. so far supply been good too.. i don't think it's the latching that makes a diff.. the pumps are made to have suctions similar to bb's.. perhaps you may wish to increase frequency of pumps instead

ssmilezz,
Yeah, you said it, lie there like a piece of meat. No fun! If only we had known earlier, no need to suffer so much hor?

Does the binder really help? Actually, the binder is for helping to get back in shape, or for support. I've not been wearing it since Day 5 I think.

Full month - is it done on the same date one month later? Or follow Chinese calendar? Different people saying different thing to me.

CDA account - I opened it very late for my #1. Like a few months down the road.

Baby Carrier - yes, should get one . I never regretted getting mine. When you go out shopping, etc; will need one, unless bb willing to be in pram.

sunbelle,
Ya ya, my first time experience also like you.
happy.gif

Aiyah, all the CL talk the same one, always say how good they are, etc, etc.

Feedback form? You got her from an agency?

Btw, does your CL cook teatime for you? I almost everyday eat meesuah soup for tea and supper. Eat until I xian already, I stop eating. Would rather drink Milo. Don't know ok or anot. She didnt' say anything cos less work for her.

My massage cost $50 per session. Allow to pay session by session. One hr massage plus binder. The lady is from bb bellies but she started to take in extra work from referral... My cl is leaving tmr!!! Yippi... No more nagging and kpo her and kpo there... But there goes my sleep at night too.... I will survive!!!

Natural delivery. I think the problem will be piles and episotomy. If natural tear will heal very fast. Less than 1 week already can't feel pain when pee. Also not itchy at all. If episotomy, I get quite a big cut. Some more after some time
When the wound almost healed becomes itchy. Quite afraid that time. Then already 1 year plus can still feel the scar.

Also piles problem. Seriously if natural will make u get the horrible piles will take 1 week to not feel the pain but beware during that horrible week walk pain, sit pain, even not moving also pain huhu. But if u are not prone to piles and get only slight natural tear is the best

Thanks all mummies. I will continue to wear binder then, but worry it will touch on the wound since no more bandage on it.
Petrina, what kind of gel type bandage are you referring to? Can we purchase it from pharmacy?

Btw, do you mummies face problem on the milk leakage while you sleeping or when go out for a couple of hours? I wear disposable bra pad but it still soak my entire bra pad and top. I find that Hydrogel pad from Medela is very good and can sleep thruout the nite without worrying that it will leak and soak my top but it's too expensive to use in long term. Any suggestion?

Hi ladies

I'm glad I decided to see dr Cheng this morning, Sb tested 322! Before we discharge the other day, he was only 192. So we rented the photo machine home. Home delivery came at 5 jus now, poor boy hated the mask n cry so pitiful, totally naked except the diaper. I think he was frighten with eyes masked, unable to open eyes, total darkness, naked n lie on something unfamiliar. Ve to b under the light thru out except for feeding n diaper changing. wedn doing blood test again.

Binder - is meant for csec mummies to support the wound area. Without it, tummy will wobble as u move or walk so will pull ur wound. Suppose to wear 1mth but I got rashes so I remove after Afew days. Even if bandage removed, u can use the binder but put a sanitary pad horizontally on ur wound then binder as cushion to protect ur wound. U can place the pad inside ur underwear, my Gynae nurse suggest to stick it on ut underwear in case it drop off. Hehe

Breastpads - I'm using pigeon.

Piles - I had piles during pregnancy last time but my Gynae give me some cream to apply, v effective.

Groovy - ur epistomy scar can feel mean v big cut lor? Mine heal v fast dunno is it bvos although doc cut Liao but my bb didn't come out thru there so mayb the cut wasn't stretched.

Sunbelle - ya all 3 deliveries csec by same Gynae. She was my mum doc last time (I don't mean she deliver my mum babies la), she is v experienced doc, quite old but v trusted.

Ssmilezz - 42mths bf is bvos my #1 bf 28mths then #2 bf 14mths. N then I v shay! For both time, when I stop bf I fall preggy!

Jommom - abt carrying #1, I stop carrying him since the day I preggy with #2, then csec recovery period can't carry then later by d time I can, he was too heavy! #2 I still carry when I preggy with #3 not now bvos that time #2 not as heavy. I miss carrying #1 too so I only carry on my lap like hug him while seated on my lap n hug him to sleep lor. But whenever new baby come, I can't sleep with #1 since I bf n look after #2 n #3 newborn at nite. When my #2 born, my poor #1 wasn't verbal yet, he miss mummy but can't tell, I found out only one day I saw he place a "mummy" figurine photo frame (he took fr my set of "mummy, daddy, baby" figurine photo frame) n put next his pillow n cover the photo frame with blanket up to its chest. I was heartbroken to see him miss me so badly till he use the photo frame as substitute for mummy to sleep with him! But this time, he was more prepared for it although he will still ask occasionally to sleep with mummy.

Csec stitch - mine removed today (10days after surgery), but no cream or gel given Le. They only spray something to make it waterproof

hi smilez,

you are right..time jus fly like tat leh...coming to a month now alreadly leh..so fast leh.....i wanted time to fly but like you, dread the nite duty ahhahahaha cos i am a person whom likes to sleep a lot heheeh time to stop being a sleeping beauty hahahaha
happy.gif

CDA Account : we wanted to open but hubby was told by OCBC to wait for a letter from MCYS which apparently havent arrived hahahaha so cannot open the CDA account hehehe
happy.gif

jomomm : yeah apparently seems like all CLs like to promote themselves leh...heheh...

Hi Anna : sometimes i oso experience what u face as leaking milk leh..
happy.gif
so what i did is wake up more frequently to pump milk ..and also put extra protection. tink we face all these tins...

cyn : wishing your baby a speedy recovery and definitely the reading will be okie on wed. maybe you wan to mix some Formulae milk as the nurse say help to bring down the reading. if you breastfeeding, pls dun take too much ginger leh...u have a good rest too. eat more nutrious food leh..

Irisse,
Ergo is good. The other popular one is Manduca. You can do a comparison and see which one u prefer.

Cyn,
Good that u went to test SB level. That's the thing with jaundice for us layman, can spike suddenly. Then coming down is slow, esp BF babies.

Putting under bluelight can be dehydrating. U may wana apply some moisturizer on bb if u notice dryskin. Some CL will recommend giving water, so that can pass out birubilin. But I've stuck to only BM so far.

Binder - thx for tips! I better put mine back on tmw!

I read yr #1 story, also feel heartache for him. So poor thing. My #1 also everyday wana sleep with me. I so scared he "jump" on my wound. So, now we let him with me .After he falls asleep, Dad. carries him to his oown bed. But he'll wake

Maine (rhodonite), i bought Emma Jane Maternity Soft Cup Seam Free Nursing Bra. Very comfy but need to get one size smaller. Eg i m a 36 but 34 fitted me better. 36 is slightly looser. If u r considering other styles, they are true to size.

cass
i have the manduca.. would recommend it.. tho i've not tried ergo at all =P.. the weight of bb lies on the hips so doesn't hurt the back too much

groovy
i dun dare feel my epi scar! haha! i din even know i had a scar ehs! i thought it will just disappear somehow!

sunbelle/smilezz
i opened the CDA acc on the day i reg for my bb's birth cert and do the bb bonus thing.. the application forms were given to me even before delivering by hospital.. tog w the birth cert forms

hopecg

I am using Lifefitness brand of crosstrainer. It is used in gyms and so far around 3 years old already. I used it very often - maybe 3 to 4 times a week for 40-45 mins. Bought it from AIBI - servicing is also from AIBI. There are only a few Lifefitness models carried by AIBI cos it's more expensive than their house brand. If you are keen, go down and see and also try it out. The only thing is - size wise, very big and bulky afterall it's more for commercial usage but it's sturdy.
happy.gif

How often and what is your expressing schedule like ah? I'm still thinking if I should let baby latch at night once the CL leaves.

At what age did you start using the manduca? one month can use?

jomomm

What brand of carrier are you using now? My SIL bought the Manduca one. Super ex. They also bought two prams! Started with the Combi Miracle Turn then found it too flimsy or what then bought the BUGABEE?

The binder is to support the wound..not to get us back into shape like a corset. hehe...

Quite a number of us are doing the full month this Sunday. I just want to get it over and done with.

My CL only makes lunch and dinner for me. I never request to eat anything cooked for tea or breakfast. Usually just eat cornflakes or dig for biscuits and drink milk. I'm really quite easy to pleased leh (food wise).

Anna

Wah your leaking seems quite plentiful. So wasted all the BM!! I'm using Pigeon breastpads and recently just bought online another 3 more boxes at $11 plus...i do see some slight stains on the breastpads but never soaked through or gana my top.

But I love the padded nursing bras from Mothercare. Very comfy - don't like those non padded ones. Will go get more once I get out of the house!

Cyn

Thank goodness u went to get your baby tested!! I hope he gets well soon. The more he drinks the faster he will flush out the jaundice.

Gosh - i feel so sad hearing about your no 1. He must have felt so neglected but dunno how to express his feelings. Not easy to have few kids and need to split your attention and love among them. Sometimes, dont u just wish u have more hours in a day to spend time with your different loved ones?

BF also still must use protection. hehe...unless u want to take the risk? :p I have heard countless stories of mommies having another kid accidentally during their BF period. Ah, to think on the positive side, it's good to know that as a couple there's still opportunity for couple time. hahahaha!!

Sunbelle

After your CL leaves, are you planning to express and bottle feed? Or direct latch?

minnzo

JIA YOU! I will be joining u in the sleepless night club next week.

ssmilezz,
I'm planning to latch at night when CL leaves. Where got time to feed. In fact, I hope to be able to lie down and latch. Then can sleep also, keke...!

Mine is Ergo. Yeah, it's not cheap. But I didn't regret buying. In fact, my hb still using it till now. I can't due to preggy time. Otherwise, I can carry my tot in it and walk for hours, no backache. Also, he doesn't get a chance to run around, keke!
I remember I bought mine at a very good price. Not sure if my seller still selling at that price or not. Let me know if you want me to check?

Ergo need infant insert if baby is too young. I didn't get mine until later. Anyway, they also too young to situp, can't even support neck yet. So, it was pram most of the time. I believe Manduca has an internal insert, but I'm not sure how old you start using it. I prefered Ergo material.

I only have one pram so far. Hope don't need to buy another. Not cheap leh...

Binder
Aiya...I thought is to get back in shape, then I more koot-lat to wear it. Keke....

Full month
Can share with me how to count which day to do the fullmonth? Some people say follow Chinese calendar, some people say follow English calendar. I confused.

What have you all planned for full month?

Your CL doesn't even make breakfast for you? She should leh. Meesuah soup also good. Can always eat cornflakes after she leaves, heehee

Jomomm

That's what I am thinking also - at night latch. My girl still drinking like every 2 hour. Dunno when can extend and drink more and last longer. I'm not very confident to latching for night feeds - really hope I can survive.I know my girl has no problem latching just hope it works out and we both get sleep somehow.

How much is the Ergo? The Manduca is around $250+ right?

All I know about the full month is have to celebrate before the actual one month. So my girl was born on 19 Jun. I am doing the full month on this weekend on 15 Jul lor. Before the actual one month. I never follow chinese calendar leh..plus I dunno how to count. But I do know that the 19 Jun is Chu Yi anyway. Depends if u believe or pantang lor..if not, just do it the weekend before your bb turns full month lor..

I ordered lunch buffet from Neo Garden (Standard) cos got 10% discount from my SIL (member). If u want to order Neo, let me know. I can give you the membership no to get the discount. Invited family and some friends/colleagues. Also ordered full month cakes' from GOBI to pass to the guests to bring back. That's it lor..never get those ang ku kway or red eggs. My ILs and mom say they not particular so we make do without it.

I don't like eating cooked food for breakfast leh and I actually don't like eating soupy stuffs so early in the day plus so hot leh...no air con how to eat soupy things?! hehe...I only take soupy stuffs like ban mian/fish soup noodles when I'm at work and I tabao back to my work station to eat - enjoy aircon and surf net during lunch hour. haha

Typical breakfast either bread or cornflakes cos I must always drink one cup of milk in the morning. hehe...if take cheena breakfast, cannot drink milk.

ARGH - so noisy now at home. Dunno which neighbour doing reno - keep drilling non stop.
sad.gif
Yesterday afternoon, got some silly sec school kids brought all their band instruments to the highest level multistorey carpark (beside my block) and started to practice and play music non stop from 2pm to 6pm.

Baby carrier,

I bot Boba 3G carrier. So far haven't tried with my boy yet. Started from 3.5kg.

Smile, can pm me ur neogarden member no? I oso having full moon lunch this Sunday can one member use twice on the same day?

<font color="aa00aa">Full month celebration has to be done before 1 month? We've no idea at all. Not celebrating but still have to buy cakes and all and pass to relatives and close friends.

Where did you order your cakes?

BTW, new comers are welcome to join our FB group:
SMH JUNE 2012</font>

Hi mummies,

I am thinking to buy a sarong cloth sling carrier. Any recommendations? So far only heard of pupsik n mum in mind.. which is better n where to buy from? Thanks!

anyone still suffer from swollen feet? mine was really bad in the first couple of week then become better, now it is back again. i wonder if it has something to do with diet??

Jomomm,
Nobody else dare to drink my breastmilk. Even me ...I scared haha. U did that?

Nattan,
Ok now supply seems more manageable after I stop expressing all the milk but only express till I dont feel too much pressure on the breast. But still get some block ducts which I get rid in the shower.

Sunbelle,
Drink papaya fish soup! I don't know if related but coz I was warded 1 mth in TMC, every day 11am I am being served that. Then after the csect, straightaway I pump out 50 ml of milk n pass to hubby to give bb in NICU.The nurses couldn't believe n double cfm if it is me. So maybe it works.

Eunice,
Yes latch I think bb stimulat amd give more letdown then pump.

ginger,
I had that . You try to wear compression socks. It works for me. I also apply ginger cream

Cyn,
Hope ur bb recover soon. Wow salute u can breast feed so long. I was tempted to stop after getting painful block ducts by getting pills from doc... Now u inspire me..

Ya th lift accident really cause all the problem n my bb to be premature. Haiz now claim insurance. Sue also no time to visit lawyer now Leh. I have not enough sleep taking care bb alone

Can u imagine the cut is until near my piles area. Becoz that time itchy so need to look and feel huhu. Dunno why itchy as I always bathe everyday and always wipe it properly. I think becoz big cut like a wound becomes itchy after sometime.

Swollen feet always have that, so i still need to prop up my leg when sleeping

ssmilezz,
Aiyo...I don't hope for baby to sleep through the nite, cos my #1 didn't do so till very very late. So, this time I don't wana hope liao...

I can't remember how much is Ergo already leh. But don't think is until $250 ba... If I didn't remember correctly, was around the range of $150? depending on which model you get. I'm not sure how much is Manduca cos I didn't buy that in the end. I'm not sure if got price increase now. You wan me ask my seller?

Full month - what if my girl full month falls on weekend. Can do exactly one month, or must be before one month?

Is your CL staying back to help you with the manyue? Seems like my CL wana go back earlier leh.
sad.gif

Ok, thanks for sharing Neo Gdn. I THINK I'm unlikely to cater. Maybe just for family only. Will see when the time comes.

YOu didn't turn on aircon arh?? Wah, steady! I cannot. From Day 1 in hosp, aircon on already. In fact, I think the aircon is overworked. but no choice, I feel much better and able to function. Otherwise, feel like wilted vege, can't do anything.

Some BF babies can be allergy to milk. I was reading an article about what not to eat during BF, but didn't take not of the milk, since I not drinking fresh milk now. You may wanna check it out.

Aiyo...what like that? Must have been very irritating, especially when you trying to get some sleep!

gingera,
Is it water retention? You tried compression socks? My CL also doesn't put salt into her cooking to prevent this.

merydith,
I haven't try yet. So far, only baby and #1 drink. But I WILL try ONE day before I finish BF career. Must know what it taste like mah. Hope I will dare, keke!

Wah! You can pump out 50ml immediately after csect?! You steady pom pee pee lah!

Hi mummies, may i check if yr hospital bill claims under medisave is max $2100... Coz i delivered at Mt A in Jun n my total bill is $5078 n aft $2100 medisave deduction i need to fork out abt $2978 cash. But my SIL who delivered at TMC in May only paid abt $1400 cash aft medisave deduction. Her overall bill is $5300... N she delivered same as me normal delivery with epi..

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies! I think he is alittle less yellow today, tmr we will know. Last nite was tough for me n CL, he kept crying bcos of the mask.

Swollen feet – it has got to do diet. Take less salt, exercise ur legs. Some say during confinement period can’t drink water bcos it will worsen water retention.. I don’t know how to true but when I delivered my #1, I drank a lot of water during hosp stay n by the time I went home, I could see I had water retention worsen. After that I stop drinking water n drank only longan drink purely, it help. Jamu massage help also.

Full mth timing – shld b based on Chinese calendar (since full mth celebration is a chinese tradition mah) n it can b earlier or exact 1 mth.. cannot b later.

GRoovy – itchy epi wound? Or is it generally itchy down there? Were u given any antibiotics jus b4 or right after delivery? I had that prob last time and was told it was fungus bcos of the antibiotics I took. Btw I don’t ve scar for epistomy last time, they heal nicely or at least can’t be felt. I remember I had 3 cuts I think, eventhough I had so much epidural, I can still feel when she use the scrissor to cut me like I’m a piece of meat!

Jenny –I ve 2 sling to let go. They are new but washed. I wash them last time n wanted to try to use them, but no matter how I try at home, I couldn’t figure out how to use it comfortably, so I gave up! Don’t know its me or bb not coorperative. But I ve friends who use them v comfortably. Let me know if u r interested.

sunbelle –ya I stop ginger for the time being and ve started to substitute 1-2 feed with fm since yesterday.

Ergo/manduca - gd for short ppl?? I’m short n so is my hub but my hub has back problems so don’t know is such carrier gd or not. I ve a bb bjorn synergy but they outgrow quite fast.

Ssmilezz - ya so doc ask me afew times want to do ligation or not.. in the operating threatre, so many nurses doing their checklist kept asking me am i doing ligation as well that day, i so scared they do a mix up man that day. i intend to put uid in 2mths time.

btw, u bought the pigeon $11 for 3 boxes online? how many pcs per box?

CL cooking – she cook mostly 2x a day for me n mostly I eat bread with jam n milo in morning or tea time. But since I gave birth to now, my mum has been cooking my favourites too, she is leaving end of this wk so I’m gonna miss my mum cooking, my CL can’t really cook v well! I think my mum makes a better CL than her but my mum don’t ve the stamina to take care of newborn now.

loshita

I PMed you already.
happy.gif

Moi

Dunno la, that's what people tell me. Cannot do after 1 month. Anyway, we just took the weekend before it.

Sweetest Moments - seems quite value for money. I ordered mine from GOBI.

Jenny

I ordered the Moms in Mind Sling from The Birth Shop. Not sure if I will be successful using it but I will try. No harm.

Pupsik can be bought from their website right? Or maybe you can wait for the Taka or any upcoming baby fairs? Should be able to get some offers?

Ginger

Erm - i never really had much water retention issue during preg and now. But I do drink alot of fluids everyday. Maybe 2-3 litres of fluids.

Merydith

I also pumped out like 60ml combined on my Day 3 simply cos I didn't latch my girl on Day 2 night - left her in the nursery cos she was having jaundice and by morning, my breasts felt like going to burst like hard rocks, so I had no choice but to pump. I even brought some back in a glass bottle on the day of discharge. Extra. :p

Must really sue the building maintenance!! Thank god both your baby and you are fine.

jomomm

I try the baby sling first...see how.
happy.gif

My CL will still be around on the 15th. She's leaving only on the 18th which is next Wed. I will get her to stay in the room with the baby. I don't want the visitors to keep carrying baby and passing her around like a ball. Will end up overstimulating baby and she will be very cranky later on.
sad.gif

Your full month is which date? The following weekend issit?

I have been drinking milk throughout my pregnancy leh...so far, baby is ok with my BM - thankfully.

I only on aircon at night now and off in the morning. The aircon was on like 24 hours for the first week or so cos of my bad rash. now that the rash is much better, I just open the windows and on fan during the day.

CL and baby sleeps in the other room. She also used to on aircon but my hub told her if it's cooling enough, don't on at night so lately she hasn't on aircon also.

Aiyah, so noisy whole afternoon. I couldn't nap, baby couldn't nap, CL couldn't nap. Tomo will likely be another noisy day.

Cyn

Yah boy, when u hear them talk in the operating theatre in our dazed and dreamy state, quite funny their conversation. I hear them counting the instruments and doing their checklist. I heard my gyn and anesthetist gossiping about another anesthetist who is trying to get my gyn to use him for her ops. LOL!

How is the procedure for IUD like ah?

It's $11.90 one box...sorry not for 3 boxes. It's Pigeon brand so 60 pcs inside. I think I bought mine at $13 (after discount) or so during the Taka fair.

http://www.milkstoragebags.blogspot.sg/

I bought it from this webbie. The seller was very responsive and mailed it out really fast.

My MIL comes by every 3 days to top up the marketing and she sometimes boils soup for me. She cooks way better than CL. But since I know how tedious it is to prepare/cook/wash, I just eat what CL makes la. Cos I am just grateful to get homecooked food.

So who will help you once your mom and CL leaves?

i have gbs so injected with antibiotic before delivery. can't remember about the pills after delivery since it is 2 years ago. becos I also feel confused this time around I get the antibiotic pills but last time can't remember getting any after delivery. the itchy scar comes quite some week after delivery if not wrong..

hospital medisave, i also feel quite strange medisave claim is lesser this year compare to 2 years ago even though I deliver same in mt a for both. your sil is it this year?

hi merydith,

i oso tink that papaya fish soup is good for stimualting breast milk leh..but CL say is bad for baby cos of colic etc..tink she is lazy to boil for me cos the papaya hor, needs to skin the papaya skin and tins like tat....

hmmhmm sumtimes really piss off leh..sorrie cos jus now i asked her to change baby mattress cover cos i notice how sweaty baby is in the mattress and she replied why cannot change tomorrow ? hmmhmmm really nowadays now is like boss is like the confinement nanny leh....hmmhmmm she also commented tins to my baby saying dun drink so muchie later as fat as mummy and very ugly lor...sianzzzz when i hear this really...counting down to end of confinement hehehe looks like i am not ready to accept a self confidence and prideful confinement nanny...hahahaaa ....she likes to make her own decision...does all your confinement nanny go around opening up all your house drawer's and cabinet and see what is inside ..the only room she din go is my master bedroom...actually i oso dun noe whether she go there or not cos only left two of us.....
mi din wan to cheong upfront cos our baby is still under her care...so ren ren ren ....

agreed that sweetest moments is value for money leh hehehe : ) gobi is very nice..hehee

cyn : think your baby's jaudice will be coming down soon. think by subsituting with FM helps a great deal...

my CL oso din cook any teabreak lor

hi Cassandra (irisse), thanks for sharing. i have shortlisted the Emma Jane Maternity Soft Cup Seam Free Nursing Bra with Removable Padding too. That means i should get size 32 but it's OOS. man...

cyn,
thanks for info on full month timing.
happy.gif

Ergo/manduca - not sure if good for short people. I used sling, I will have backaches (when bb is bigger), but didn't experience it for Ergo.

CL only cook 2 times a day? Mine will cook 3-4 times if necessary. I also eat until xian...

Hope your boy's jaundice comes down soon. Mine is fluctuating. But Doc says it's quite normal for BF babies, wun come down so soon. My next test will be 3 days later.

ssmilezz,
Yep, you try the sling first, then see how. Maybe different people have different experiences with it. I often see mommies use sling outside, and wonder why their backs don't ache...heehee

yeah, mine should be following weekend.

The milk, I think is during breastfeeding time, not pregnancy time. But I guess most babies shouldn't have a problem with it ba...

Yeah, my first one I also didn't switch on the aircon initially. Ended up with bad rashes. This time I smarter. And I think I'm taking the confinement much better this time round.

Your CL allow you to open windows and fan? Mine no - no windows and fan, but aircon can.

Goodness, can imagine all the noise. Can't tell them to stop hor? I can imagine the din!

sunbelle,
you said it so right!! Don't know who's the boss?! I also ren ren ren. Haiz...

But after a few days, I lower my expectations, close one eye, seems better now. Actually, whether they do their job well or not, eat what confinement food or not, if they bluff us; I also won't know.

Initially, I had even thought they would help to wash toilet (as did my first CL) and take care of #1. But end up...

Movenpick
My spray was provided by hospital during my stay. It's called the curaçao topical spray. I saw a mummy selling a BN bottle at $8 at the WTS thread. Link attached. http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/7215469.html?1341897099
Or if u don't mind, you can collect my unfinished bottle for free at my hse in west coast. Feels quite heavy so shld still hv 50-80% left cos I spill the 1st bottle n had to buy a 2nd bottle. Quite sayang to throw the fairly new bottle away. Jus drop me a pm if u are keen.

Back