(2012/06) Jun 2012

yeah Jolene, i agree. this year the rate for CL went up and the various tins all went up, herbs package etc etc. so i guess is like we also being taxed in paying more i guess. heheh
happy.gif

hi ladies,

any idea which week onwards will gynae ask us to do CTG or as and when gynae requested huh?
happy.gif
yo, and also anyone know which are the stall holders whom will be there in next week's mother hood fair huh?
happy.gif
not sure whether going or not cos getting more and more tired.

oh yes, walk a while only wanted to find a seat to sit down liao leh hee
happy.gif

Sunbelle

Did you get the Mothecare mag? I thought the vendors should be indicated inside cos it’s organized by them? But I think it will be really crowded. So be prepared for a long day.

I haven’t done any CTG yet. But I guess diff gynaes practice diff styles? Perhaps you can check with yours and see if he/she does that?

Going for my checkup tomo. I have a feeling baby has moved a bit lower cos for the past week, there is a more distinctive pressure when I walk for longer periods or take the stairs.

CL

How much did you guys pay for your CL? I heard that some of the CL’s rates went up quite a bit this year!! My CL is charging us S$2K.

ssmilezz: CL is 2.1K and she said Angpow must be $100. She hinted that if i am happy with her can give her more for the second AP.

We shall see right ... just want a smooth time during Confinement and see her performance but i don't plan to give her more then the $100 that she stipulated.

Any mummies having while body ache n headache at last trimester?Now 36wks..whole body feel so weak..worst is having flu n cough
sad.gif
Wonder are we able to get hb to massage neck n back for us?Any mummies do that?

Mine 2.3K

@ Jerlyn you can ask your hubby to do it for u but with light pressure. I tried using salon plus yesterday. Aiyo very hot. But works well even thought I can only tahan for about 2 hours before taking it off. But they do indicate the "hotness" of the plaster. So choose one that is not so "hot"

Hi Smilez,

bo leh, i din have the magazine hehehe
happy.gif
yeah i will check with my gynae in the next visit. i pay $2050 excluding worker's levy of $168 and also the ang baos to CL.

fleur fleur : if the CL is good, i dun mind paying $100 but if bad not worth it at all lor....

jeryln : better check cos most massage parlour din wan to do massage for preggie after 32 weeks leh...

Petrina..saw u posted the cough remedy..is this safe for toddler to take?My boy been coughing these few days..eat western medicine still can take this?Thanks

Hi jerlyn, I'm a July MTB and saw ur post on the thread but cant PM you cos you didn't activate it, can PM me the details? thanks!

Fleur

Wah – can “hint” about ang bao value? S$100 is a lot if we need to give two times. But true la, I just hope to get over the confinement period with less friction for all at home.

Jerlyn

I just feel like my energy level is not as high as before especially over the last 2 weeks. I think you are just not well? The flu and cough is causing the bodyaches and headaches. I have not asked my hub to massage my back cos I’m worried he might accidentally hurt me by pressing on some nerve. I just try to do those yoga stretches every night before bed to relieve the tension.

Xiao Wei

I’m using the same CL as my SIL. So during Dec when my SIL was doing her confinement, we asked if the CL was keen to do for us so maybe that’s why she quote us S$2K?

Sunbelle

No mag ah…heee..then check maybe the FB page? Haha…I think should be quite a lot of vendors ba…seems like quite a big event.

<font color="aa00aa">Way back in 2006, I gave the CL $28 on the first day. However, I can't remember how much I gave on her last day.</font>

Just back from my gynea yesterday..
Huhuhu he doesn't want to do any VE (Vaginal Examination) at all! So this time around really can't predict when my baby will be born.. Some more my baby still high up and he said usually second child she'll go down just before delivery
sad.gif

Last time my previous gynea for #1 did a VE 1 week before and said I will deliver the next week which is true leh..

I've been asking this new gynea every visit but he said he doesn't do. Because he prefers totally natural. The VE sometimes will be like inducing.. Only if I have symptoms then he'll do..

Btw, I didn't gain weight for these 2 weeks! Phew.. Still 70.5 kg. Hahaha.. Maybe becoz of the diarrhea last Saturday.

But baby is gaining weight. At 36 weeks 5 days she's estimated 2.77 kg!! My #1 is born 37 week 4 days is 2.78 kg. Now I'm a bit worried. Must be those sugary stuffs that I drink (bubble tea. argh)

I'm totally hoping it will start with contraction like #1.. I can't imagine if water bag burst suddenly in office :S..

Hubby never told me that actually the aircon guy can come at 11 yesterday, my gynea appointment at 12. I supposed to be able to change my gynea appointment to evening lah! Now need to wait till Saturday before it's fixed..

groovy
haha.. i would like to have a VE done and hopefully induce birth lke saphhire! i'm not exactly gd w surprises either =P

xiaowei
when's ur edd again? have i alr asked?haha..memoryloss these days

tired tired.. dun wanna work =P weather gd to slp in too!

Morning mummies...

Took mc yesterday and ran some errands :p Back to work today... so sleepy and tired cos sleep was disrupted at 5.30am :p

Cheri, Sg is quite backward in terms of pain management.. we don't have TENS here although NUH offers mums the option of labouring in a pool (but not water birth).

Groovy, your baby is of a good weight.. nothing to worry about.

hopecg, I'm also no mood to work :p Wish I were still in bed!!

I'm going to arrange with SCCB on cord blood donation today..

Morning mummies! Didn't log in for a long time but has been reading on and off, finally migraine is gone!

For this week, I will be hearing alot of drillings and hammering so really hope baby don't choose to come now. My car porch ceiling is leaking quite badly, water dripping and paint coming off as well. After discussion with hubby, we decided to do it before baby comes to prevent scaring him since it's right in front of my living room + bedroom.

VE
Never done it before for my 3 pregnancies since 2 of them born before 37 week. Not sure if my current gynae do it or not.

baby weight
As I am visiting both gynaes in JB and SG, I am not sure who is giving me the correct weight of my baby as there is about 500g difference between the estimation. =.=

CL
Decide to go without it, previously wanted to ask my hubby's da yi to come help but after his parents and da yi came few weeks ago, i didn't want any of them to come.

Realised can't really communicate, his da yi speaks teochew while i can't really understand either hokkien/teochew and then for that few days they stayed over, I have been boiling water at least 3 times per day. I had 2 containers + kettle to hold boiled cool water but none of them told me or my hubby when they finished the water and I almost had no water to make milk for my boy. Imagine I boiled before I sleep in the night and everything gone when I wake up in the morning. Really worried that I will be doing more than alone if I ask her to come and also difficult to demand her to do things even though paying her market rate so plan to boil soup daily only unless hubby is at home to do the washing for me.

@audrey the weight of baby is just the gynae estimate. My friend's gynae told her that her baby is more than 3 kg, and might need to go for c sec.

She gave birth the day before, baby was only 2.5, Natural birth.

Audrey, I think I know your difficulties.. Da Yi can't be treated like maid. Especially if it's your husband's Da Yi..

What I suggest is to ask your husband to talk to her and ask her to help you boil water?
Last time it happens to me. My husband's relative won't listen to me at all. I need to ask my husband to talk with her then she'll listen! Especially the "ginger" make jaundice case! After I told her no ginger, she still make food with ginger becoz she loves ginger. Only when I asked hubby to told her again then she listens..

Last time it's not that bad though, since she's really help pour water, boil water, cook rice, etc.. And she clean things very well. Our kitchen is very clean when she's around. No ants! Right now with maid lots of ants!!

Audrey, personally I always think engaging a relative, esp if it's an IL, will be difficult to manage since you cannot make demands. Even if you pay her, she is still an elder in the family, so you can't really complain if something is not done to your preference or expectation. Really must consider carefully whether you can get along with this person for 1 full month cos unlike a CL, you cannot terminate her without repercussions. Somemore, you don't speak her dialect and different dialect groups have their own practices, so it's really not advisable. BTW, are you able to get your own relatives or mum to go over to JB to help you for 1 month?

Re baby's weight, don't worry too much about the difference, cos it's all estimated. So long as baby is developing well, it's all fine.

<font color="aa00aa">Re: VE during routine check
I prefer not to have it done too and my gynae didn't do it during #1's time.

Re: Estimated weight vs Birth weight
For my #1, it's not precise but I wouldn't say it's not accurate.
My #1's Estimated wt = 2.7kg, Birth wt = 3.2kg (3 days later).</font>

jolene
I know is just estimation but would prefer the range to be closer so I can get myself more prepared how big he will be, haha.. SG estimate him to be 1.9kg while Msia estimate him to be 2.4kg within a day.

Groovy and nattan
You are right, is very difficult for me to say anything and not sure if she will listen to my hubby or not. Right now I don't even know what she will be doing when she comes. Is it just cooking or will she be helping to take care of baby etc? I really don't wish to end up washing her clothes too and doing everything else myself while paying her 3k+RM. If she only really do cooking, I rather do it myself and save up the money for better food or whatever.

If I deliver in early june, my mum will be able to help but my edd is in end june so she might find a job then.

Talking about ants, my boy has been 'rearing' ants in the toilet basin! He always drop his biscuits, chocolates there while washing his hands and mouth so the ants have been roaming around there for food. =.=

Hopecg: I can't remember if you have asked before either.. keke. its 28th June. But I just have this feeling that my boy will come out early. I dunno y.

Groovy: You seem eager to have the VE done. Maybe to be mentally prepared? Coz I tot its a rather uncomfy process and I dun mind if my gynea don't do that till much later or unless necessary. Heh.

Xiao Wei, I want to sort of get prediction when will my baby born lor..

Kinda like it when last time during #1, I went to gynea, then say next week on next appointment can already. Then the next appointment I went and it's true.. hm.. So I can tell my mom to be prepared, and I can prepare everything first.

Maybe partly becoz my mom will complain if it's too sudden lah. Last time said must settle down all credit card payments (in Indo, don't have AXS machine like here, must go to each respective bank ATM to pay otherwise kena additional charge).
Must call the bank teller becoz the letter won't be delivered yet, must settle this and that. Must settle her stocks, her business. Sigh..
Otherwise later sure when she's here she'll complain and complain.

Audrey, i tink engaging own people like relative is bound to have some fictions. n furthermore not easy to say them when tins are done on the way u want them to be. sign. i have this experience when engaging a relative for renovation. difficult really when tins go wrong cannot say or scold.

hi ladies, anyone has tried stamford or select before huh? how are their food huh? or is neo catering better huh?
happy.gif

Groovy: Poor thing, confinement should be resting still need to listen to your mom's grumbles. Hopefully this time round its better for you.

groovy: i didnt know that can choose not to do VE. it seems dreadful and uncomfy. my gynae said need to check my pelvic as baby's head is on the big side.

now im thinking, maybe i can request for him not to do VE, let it be natural. i prefer not to know when is coming, then wun be so worried of the pain we need to go through..hmm

Jus wen to Fox kids today n bgt more clothes for my little gal .:p Trying to curb my spending n end up buying only these n 1 pathetic T-shirt for #1.
sad.gif

7073291.jpg

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="+1"><blink>ASOS 20% off</blink></font>
Good chance to buy Emma Jane Nursing Bras. Enter promo code <font color="119911">SPECIAL20</font>.
Quick! Valid for 24 hours until 9am BST 24 May 2012. Code can only be used once when logged into the ASOS.com account this email is registered to.</font>

<font color="119911">* I've already used the code. Not sure if others can use it though.</font>

Today, quite quiet here.

Chris, I been eating too much. Buffet after buffet.. Think I better stop eating.. Having triple chin already.

priscilla > triple chin?!
happy.gif
u wil loss it takin care of bb later.

Y r mummies controllin ur diet? My tinkin is to eat watever possible n enjoy our meals nw. Cos aftr delivery either no personal to enjoy decent meals or gotta watch diet to lose the preggy wt n also gd diet for bf.
happy.gif
seems lik i m alone w these tots. :p

Chris, it's not so easy to lose weight esp after certain age. As you said, after baby arrives, less time for decent meals so most will anyhow eat unhealthy food, and then less time / no motivation to exercise. That's why beauty salons make the most money from people desperate to lose weight
happy.gif
I rather don't gain so much to make it difficult for me to lose later.

Back