(2012/06) Jun 2012

hey ladies

Was so bz today that I didn't have time to check in bere.

Finally tomorrow is JUNE!!

Those going for the Motherhood Fair - happy shopping.
happy.gif

hello hello.. i'm from the Jul group and realized that this group's EDD closer to mine! mine is 6 jul but i hope to pop earlier.

saw ur notes on the spray? what is it used for? how does it work? somebody care to enlighten?

btw, this motherhood fair was quite good. so much better than the prev baby expo. lotsa good deals.
happy.gif

Joeey
Thanks! My #1 was overdue for 4 days so I'm not surprised if the 2nd one is too. But again, every baby is diff.

Petrina
Dilating cervix? Does moxi work for that? The moxi treatment I did is indirect so no physical contact with my skin at all. Went to see the physician recc by a Fren who was treated using moxi when she was down w whooping cough then when she was preggy. The physician showed me n did one round in her clinic then gave me 2 sticks to diy at home once a day.

I was told fenugreek works to increase milk supply but blessed thistle is good for improving the milk flow. Serves diff purposes in a way. I took only fenugreek capsules the last time but did not find them really helpful. Bought the sacred mummy's tea this time to try. Read online that goat's rue is good for women like me who hv pcos but they dun sell that in oz.

Glass: agree on school.. I chose MS Kindy also because teachers r very gentle and they use soft approach. Though I can't control what type of classmates my boy has, at least the teachers are doing their best to teach good morals and speech to my boy.
Curriculum wise, it isn't up to my expectations since we teach him at home already. But i understand that if we don't teach him at home, he'll appear to learn alot in school. So it's probably parents who are kiasu *like me* otherwise school is following MOE curriculum actually.

Kadice: got your pm. already email you my contact. cya later.

Cheri: dunno. I just googled on Moxi.. today see gynae then decide what to do after that.

Maternity Pads
I'll suggest using wing long thin pads instead of pureen pads.
i had csec in 2008. used pureen, lochia leaked sideways. always stain undies.
best bet is sofy/kotex. they have 35cm i think or 40cm max. it's better.

Amy: some of us bought playtex liners as milk bags. not the traditional type that seals. but we're using cable ties or rubber bands to secure it.
liners can freeze and put in fridge. so it's more cost effective.

Adeline: I heard frm my friend that vagina birth will tear and stitches so I just get the bottom spray just in case. It's the same brand as what the rest are getting. I think called earth mama.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">re: maternity pad
I bought 8 packs of sofy 35cm x 8 pieces and 4 packs of 41cm x 4 pieces. In the end I only used 1 pack of 35cm and 2 pieces of 41cm on top of the pack of maternity pad brought home fr hospital. My heavy flow only lasted < 1 week. Now using the normal 28cm pads.</font>

Hihi
I can't wait for the spree cos I have already gave birth.

For vagina spray.. My doc gave me after I gave birth. U all may wan to check with ur doc first before u all purchase?

Spray
1) nattan
2) jolene?
3) jasmine
4) xiaowei
5) cass

all tx received =) updates soon k? i'm act next in line among colleagues, the next one is suppose to be early jul! this yr we have 10 new parents!

sapphire
based on exp, i also din use much of maternity pad.. find it too uncomfy using such thick ones.. i used more of normal ones.. bought 2 prviously, in e end used one.. haha.. still left one more for this round.. pads wun expire one hor?

i wanna see bb now!!! feeling so clumsy and unglam w the big tummy in front =( been waddling around.. whole day just feel like lying in bed in cool comfort =s

is it common for us to have stagnant weight &amp; mood swings at this stage? my mood swing has been pretty horrifying recently, much worse as compared to 1st trimester (in fact, i didnt get any mood swings when in 1st trimester haha)

poor hb and #1...

Hopecg: I'm also feeling very clumsy. Now get off bed is like a ball rolling around, walk around look like penguin. Yesterday sat too long in office cos was handing over stuff to colleague, ended up with a severe backache. Luckily today work from home can alternate between sitting, walking around the house, stretching and lying down on the bed.

Haha hopecg and Asrias.. I've been feeling clumsy too.. normal right? can hardly get off my sofa without help and sitting up on the bed is challenging also.

I think my baby has descended slightly cos my down there feels a bit sore today... like there's a lot of pressure :p

<font color="aa00aa">Yes, stagnant weight or even weight loss is normal at this stage.

Yes, my temper is also quite bad. Poor #1 is always scolded by me.</font>

Talking about discomfort, Im feeling uncomfortable every day. Even changing position on bed is a challenge. Today the tummy feels like it is bursting, baby seems to be struggling to move with limited space.

Hi ladies,

Was at the Motherhood fair at 11am and managed to buy Goon and Pampers diapers. All sizes for Pampers diapers sold out by 12.30pm. I believe they will restock later but not sure what time. Best to go tomorrow morning!

Pigeon baby wipes also sold out.

Signed up for motherhood magazine subscription as well.

They have an Avent,Heinz,Medela &amp; Pigeon counter.

Spoke to the Medela supplier and they mentioned the next fair they would be participating in is the upcoming Taka fair in Jul/Aug.
Currently at the Motherhood fair they are having a 20% discount.

Goon Diapers @ Motherhood Fair

NB58 - $15
S52 - $15
M44 - $17
L38 - $17
XL30 - $17

Pampers Diapers @ Motherhood Fair

NB24 - 3 for $10
S48 - 2 for $30
M68 - 2 for $30
L60 - 2 for $30
XL34 - 3 for $30

Hopecg: Met Charlotte at Etonhouse tour today, yup your pricing is correct, had no clue where did that numbers came from. Lolz.

Anyways, we still have other pre-schools/childcare before we make our decision. So i guess you will be placing your dragon baby at Etonhouse too when the time comes.
happy.gif

Finally weekends!
No sign baby is going to come out soon.. Just feeling tired lately.. Especially walking to and from office. Want to save $$ on cab fee. huehehe.. Even though my cab fee will be around $6-7 only per trip. But I think those money can be used to buy more toys/clothes for baby lor..

This morning experience tummy ache. Right now cannot differentiate contraction tummy ache or when wanting to go toilet. hahaha. Dunno why lah.. After going toilet the tummy ache is not stopping. Dunno why.. But then it stopped after I sleep again..

Cannot remember how contraction feels like even though I feel it less than 2 years ago and I don't use any epidural. LOLzzz..

Have not settled childcare for #1!!
Right now totally thinking should I just take half day leave for the whole 2 months after my maternity leave.. Can utilize my whole leaves (19+6 childcare) for 1/2 day leaves in 2 months (Oct-Nov).. Becoz I have settled for childcare next door for admission on December only. Hm.. Thinking should be sufficient leaves because my parents most likely wanted to come here when my maternity leave ends as it is my #1 Bday!

Calculated if I give birth on 8 June, then I only need to take 1 day leave for #1's bday after my maternity leave. hahaha..

But another part of me saying taking 1/2 day leaves everyday is not really worth it, because most likely I'll still get assigned the same task as full day and I'll need to work at home. argh.. Hasn't mentioned this arrangement to boss as well. Need to see whether I can settle a temporary childcare for #1 for 3 mths. huhu..

Adeline: etonhouse @ where? I'm confused with the pricing. Can re share again?
Did u go for your check up?
Any good buys at motherhood fair?

Fleur: Etonhouse 717 @ Mountbatten Rd.

Etonhouse 717 Pricing
Registration( Non-refundable): $535
Insurance Fee:$8.56
Refundable Deposit: $1400
School fees per term (10 weeks) : $3595.20 incl of GST
The school fees is for Half Day Session(5 mornings)
*You should go for the tour and they would give you a brochure and breakdown of the pricing.

Motherhood Fair
Good deals - Goon size S and Pampers NB/M &amp; L.
That's what we bought,as we did not wanna stock up too much just yet. However according to my friend who only buys Pampers,she informed me that its the best price by far.
I didn't need much stuff as most of the items we need has been placed on a gift registry.
happy.gif

Morning mummies.. Another weekend is here!! How many more wkends do we have to ourselves?? Since I expect to deliver on 17th, this is like the 2nd last wkend got myself and #1! Hehee!! After that, it's no day no night and slog like cow!

Am on day 1 of week 36.. One more week and no longer a premmie! Betcha many mummies would have delivered by next wkend! Exciting!!

Adel
Hehe ur quoted pricing sounds too good to be true la! Haaa! Don't mind save more money and send this dragon there too! I'm not sure if Jolene wants her spray, if she doesn't, u can have her slot ba.. But doubt we ordering anymore anytime soon wor.. Lest we have abt another 5 orders from mummies here else not worth the shipping..

Sapphire
Scarly the pads gone all mouldy! HeHeee.. How's lil isaiah? U plan for #3 alr? Hahaa

Morning to all mummies! Could barely sleep well last night. Having all the pains mans. BH getting stronger and longer.

Btw hopecg, your edd is before mine, think u shld be on your week 37 or 38 le ya? My edd is 21st, according to babycentre app and dr koh, I'm 37 week 3 or 4 days. Hehe

Morning!

Hopecg: Keep me posted on the spray,yea if any cancellations. Thanks!!

Yup, i do like Etonhouse but still scouting around and will probably decide after confinement.

Heading for my gynae appt now, then brunch with friends and off to my cousins baby boys full month.

Will be back to update ladies delivering in GlenE after i have look through my cousins bill. Hehehe.....

So happy our car seat &amp; ISO fix arrived yesterday and gonna collect our stroller today!!
Catch up later.

morning ladies. every week passes really quickly these days. hubby working today...would be home alone and resting. most prob would be doing some washing and packing..

Morning ladies!

Wet rainy morning -
happy.gif
finished pre packing my dogs'' food portion and topping up their supplies. Phew, every little thing and preparation seems to remind me it's one day close to popping!

Going to head down to my ILs place for lunch.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Was having a nightmare last night! The story is I need to do emergency C-sect becoz baby is too big 3.9 kg then hubby told me Becoz I have no strength in pushing. Some more my gynea never come, replaced by a female gynea. Then I ask hubby why can't come hubby said becoz down with flu!! Then I was very sad, ask hubby again why don't he asked my previous gynea for #1 to deliver instead of this stupid female gynea who can't help me deliver naturally. Hubby said he tried to call but no answer. Zzzz... Then I was quite depressed, somehow after operation we went home immediately, then I keep nagging hubby saying now the wound doesn't hurt but later will hurt like hell. Then I told him also I knew it this time will end in c-sect becoz I keep eating sweet stuffs and blame myself like that. Huhuhu.

After that wake up and no pain in tummy. Luckily just a dream. But then feels very very afraid now!

Maybe also becoz I still remember last time my pil and parents said I no strength in pushing that's why gynea need to use vacuum. Even though actually he use vacuum becoz it's his habit want faster and won't want to wait, and never even ask me. I forgot to ask this current gynea is it his habit to use vacuum as well or will he patiently wait first and ask my permission before using vacuum. Hmmm...

Went for my check up today... baby is now 3kg at 36w3d (up 300g since 2 weeks back) and no weight gain on my part
happy.gif
Everything else is normal. Doc says if nothing happens, I'll see him again in 2 weeks. I think I could be delivering by then already! Meanwhile, I'm still having groin pain.. walking is really a struggle now. Just have to tell myself that the end is near.. going on leave in 2 weeks' time.

Hi mummies, just went for my check up this morning and was in week 38+.
I lost 200g and my gynae said it is dangerous, insisting me to go hospital to do CTG test for an hr. results turn out ok, only 1 contraction.
And my gynae said want to induce me on Mon but she has never check whether I've dilated.
Now I'm complex and worried, I read and many articles said losing weight is common during the end of pregnancy. But my gynae said you should only gain and not lose weight and she said it's dangerous to baby.

I'm now so worried and to be honest, I'm not prepared for an induction.

Any mummies have similar problem like me? Or can share with me ya views?

Thank thanks.

I think stagnant weight and weight loss is common in our stage. Did the gynae tell u abt ur baby weight? I think only when bb weight loss then dangerous ba. Maybe u can double check w her again.. Likewise, don't worry abt induction.. A few mummies has been induced here, so far so good. Who's ur gynae? Is she going on leave soon?

Hi Rellako,

Are the mummy at mummysg forum? ;)
My baby weight increases, now 3.13kg only I weight loss of 200 grams.
I read ppl said induce can be dangerous so I'm very worried and concerned. ;(

Eh yayaya! Hehe! No wonder I found your question so familiar leh haha. I'm more active in this forum though
happy.gif
your baby seems healthy.. Hopefully more mummies here can give u advice. Some people have unsuccessful and successful induction, pain and painless. I think it depend on individual ba.

I was searching online since morning for information and none said a gynae will suggest induction when the mummy loses weight.
So I really confused and troubled when my gynae asked me to induce, moreover she said dangerous but yet nv said what kind of dangers. Plus she never even check whether I've dilated so I don't understand her logic... ;(

Ivy

I actually lost weight at my last checkup at 37weeks but baby has been puttIng on weight steadily at 200g weekly. Gynae did not mention abt inducing! Do ask your gynae why she or he intends to do so. It does sound rather unusual.

Nattan

Is your groin pain that bad? I thought your checkups would
Be weekly by now.

Hmm ivy, do u have any other pregnancy conditions like GD or high blood pressure? If not u shld give her a call on Monday to check again and tell her that u feel uncomfortable abt inducing. Check w her the pros and cons, get your doubts clear
happy.gif
who's ur gynae if u dont mind sharing?

ssmilezz, yeah really sore when I move.. walking is a real chore :p Funny it just happened overnight! Yeah I also thought my checkups would be weekly but my doc said he would only do weekly after 38 weeks.

Ivy: I lost 1kg and my weight has been stagnant for 2 weeks now but baby is growing well, gynae is actually very happy.

Anyways,went for my check today, baby's weight is now 2.54kg at 36w 5d. Did a CTG scan and everything is normal so no signs of early delivery! Yay! Cervix has shorten slightly so thats good since my gynae is going away for a week and he gave me a week of hospitalization leave to rest at home!!

So will be getting the much needed rest before she comes out, i do hope i deliver her at full term with the added rest and weight off my feet.

Back