(2012/06) Jun 2012

Adeline: if you use things beyond package, then they will charge. That's y best bring your own spare. my boy stayed 5D4N. so end up diapers n wipes used more.. I know I was charged alot for additional misc items. My own also.. like sanitary pads/paper undies, etc...

<font color="0077aa">Nathan, I delivered last wed. Can use baby wipes too. Just that the Tena brand is of much bigger sheet.
happy.gif

Very sad I can't go to the motherhood fair! I've asked my friend to help me buy a baby sling though. Manduca baby carrier also selling cheaper at $180 instead of $249 but turquoise color only.</font>

Petrina: My cousin didnt use beyond package actually. They placed a pack of huggies diapers below the baby's crib and only asked for cotton wool to clean the babys poo. So she thought the huggies is inclusive in the package.
She actually brought her own Mamy Poko diapers but since she saw the huggies given by the hospital so she thought why not use it.
happy.gif

My cousin was booked into executive single room.

Will find out more when i examine the bill carefullythis weekend. Hehehehe......

adeline: only receive on daily basis.
if use beyond is chargeable. i dunno how many pks is in package. anyway y do they need to change baby? in hospital, nurses will change baby if poo or pee. Don't need to do it yourself.

I don't want to pay hospital prices for diapers, pads, etc.. how many should we bring?? :p

I'm thinking about getting a double-room instead of single room now cos think that hubby can get better rest at home, take care of our cats and also help to bring stuff like red date drink. He won't be doing much if he stays over...

hi mummies,
need some help. if i latch bb, bb wakes up every hour and wants to suckle. i only latch 1 side about 10 mins, then bb doze off, think about 20 ml. tried to burp bb but couldnt
sad.gif
then 1 hour later, bb wakes up, latch the other side, also 10 mins, about 20 ml.
if i pump n feed bb 60-70ml, bb can sleep through 3 hours.
should i still latch bb or pump n feed ?
so far, i cannot tbf, need to supplement 2 bottles fm, 60 ml. i'm already taking fenugreek.
sad.gif

Jasmine
Yupyup Okies! Can prob meet u at one of our appt following week! When u reckon is your next one?

Nattan
Can can.. It's $15 incl intl shipping.. mummies can tx to DBS savings plus 074-8-006858 and lemme know when done thanks!

Adel
How come ur rate like cheaper than what I rem? Hmm Hahaa gotta find the fee structure paper le! I know roughly abt 1k/mth aft subsidy.. I will dbl check w Charlotte again when I go next Monday =)

jolene, pumpkin patch has nice bb gal clothes, can go their retail store or order online.

nattan, i brought extra 10 pcs of pads for 2d1n stay, didnt bring extra diapers. hospital give should b enuff.

joey: u need to keep baby awake. it's normal to doze off. latch fully on only 1 side for at least 20-30mins to catch hind milk so baby can slp longer.
Latching will usually have more milk than pumping as baby is a better sucker than pump.

Thanks Joeey, I already prepared 1 pack of night pads and 2 packs of disposable undies in my hospital bag. Think maybe just bring a few diapers in case :p

Oh ya, I read that you can tickle baby's chin or foot to keep her awake while feeding.

thanks petrina, after latching 1 side for 20-30 mins, do we need to burp bb, before he falls asleep? i find really hard to burp bb.

when i pump both sides every 3 hours, i get 60-70ml. so bb is drnking 30ml if i latch 1 side ?

burp.. to prevent colic. but not all babies will actually burp.
not really.. babies r capable to withdraw way more milk than pump. also u need to see if ur pump is able to create a letdown effect on you.
pump first 10mins, milk is very light n watery, that's foremilk. then u'll suddenly feel a rush in your boobs and the milk will come out thick n white. that's hindmilk.
u need to pump till you get the white milk. that's considered 1 feed.

Hope, my next appt will be coming Monday evening. But next next appt when I still don't know wor. I update u again? U need me to transfer you first? U got UOB acct?

Petrina: Thks! Will look out for tomorrows special buys since i will be there.
happy.gif

Baby room in with my cousin throughout the stay and they were excited with cleaning his first poo! Hahaha.....so ask nurse to provde cotton wool. The whole duration of their stay they only use the 1 pkt of huggies diapers. Oh well will scan through her bill and keep everyone posted.

DH has already packed 1 pkt of Pampers newborn,huggies wipes,cotton wool and baby oil (just incase)into the hospital bag.
happy.gif

Hopecg: I spoke to Charlotte and that was the rate she gave me for half day session.

I know for full day session, price is $4494 incl of GST per term before subsidy. Perhaps you asked for the full day session.
happy.gif

Jasmine/Nattan
My Uob current account 355-306-8515
Thanks!

Jasmine
U lemme know once u booked for following appt then I see next day when I have my aft appt, I can try to coordinate since will not be working alr =)

Cass
U can have the last slot of the spray? Okay?

Adel
Haha in that case it's good news! Tho I know recently they revised e fees so they sent me a revised list of fees.. Crossing my fingers that I remembered wrongly.. Goondu me dunno where I put the piece of paper alr

Aiyo.... Robinson is cardmember sale only ah. I m not a member! Cant go. Petrina, i pm u earlier on. Didnt know that its card member sales only.

Spray
Can get from my house? I staying at Tpy .. Will be home most of the time when the items are here.. Nattan, think u live in Amk? I plan to bring my #1 for kids explorer at the Amk hub.. Can pass you then too =)

I'm at motherhood fair now. Pampers NB so cheap. 3packs (total 72 pc) for $10 only! Just now no stock,new stock just came. Update u all more on other stuff later;)

hopecg, I don't live near TPY, I live in the East, but I got a friend who does... I can ask her to help me collect. Can meet at the Central? Or give me your address and hp no?

Argh! Kadice... u make me tempted to go down too! haha. Any idea how much pampers s size is selling at? I have already stock up a lot on Nb liao.

Hopecg: Sorry was busy in a meeting. I transfer you the $$ when I get home okie? Will either get hubby to collect from your house or drop me there for collection. Thanks.

Yeh! I went for a 36 week scan today &amp; baby has turned! Not sure if the moxibustion treatment (TCM) helped cos I was oso doing the pelvic tilt exercise though for only a short 10 min each time (very back breaking!). God heard my prayers definitely!

cheri,
good to hear that God has answered your prayers
happy.gif

another 4 weeks to due date eh

jia you all mummies.

burp baby
still can't burp bb successfully, will keep trying...

Cass
I got yr Tx

Spray
Will update once I get my hands on them =)

Anyone gg to the fair Tmr?? Make me wanna go for pampers deal!

Hi Mummies,

Can I join? My bb was due today (31 May) but she has not give me any signal yet! I guess she will be a June Bb.

I went to the bb fair but did not stock up anything as I have 4 packs of NB already. Did not buy a lot as I have purchased what I required already as this is no.2.

Adel
I just got the printed fee advice from Eton.. It's 1190 for a mth before GST.. Total amt adds up to $3595.20 for a term.. Its abt the amount I had expected.. U might want to
Check ur Amt w Charlotte Tmr..

I abit lazy to head on to expo Tmr Liao.. Hehee.. Lazing in bed nw

hopecg, I transferred $15 to your UOB acct already at 1759hr.. my acct ending with 0279. Pls check and verify..

Re Motherhood fair, hubby went and recce for me, told me it's quite a disappointment as compared to BabyCare Fair. Most big booths are taken up by insurance, cordlife, slimming salons, etc.. the other booths are small and lack variety. Mostly for last min shoppers.

amy > petrina is arranging a bulk purchase after we pop. Nt sure if u wan2 wait for her. I may also tag along.

tilsa >welcome! I m also gona hv my #2. Tot the bb fair has quite gd bargains fr sm of the mummies reviews here. Your hubby review mak me feel better for nt being able to go.
happy.gif

minnzo: Pamper S 48s (2 for $30)
Think M size cheaper, 68s (2 for $30 too)
The aunty there told me, not necc to get S coz it kinda overlap..
NB up to 5kg
S 3-8kg
M 6-11kg
So i only bought NB and M sizes.

Petrina,pm you my contacts already. all the best for your gynae visit tmr...how many weeks are u now?

I went to baby fair today. Mad rush as I dunno why went wrong way until drove for one hour, full bladder and baby keep sweeping near the bladder area with his hands. Got karihome cheap deal, bought replacement parts for my breast pump and a playmat. Then had to rush back to send my son to school.

You can consider getting wink and grow Chinese DVDs there.

Wanted to look for pureen booth to buy maternity pads but cannot find it. Will find time tomorrow as I will be at expo for a three day conference.

glass: i saw the maternity pads, they are selling for $6, considered cheap? that reminds me, i forgot to buy! can we use normal pads huh?

adeline: for the gleneagles charges, i thought the first pack is free, they told us during the tour leh...hmm...so maternity pads also must bring our own?! cannot be right..

Re childcare
Look for one where the children look happy. Playground and space to play. Teachers speak good English and mandarin. Clean. Reasonable class size.

Might want to check on sch's policy on how they handle Hfmd cases, or if there are children who bite.

You don't want other kids who misbehave and teach your child bad habits.

What the teacher says is impt. Today my son said, "darling, come and do your work' to my husband. We don't use the word 'darling' at all. So he learnt from school. Some of my friends had their children saying "shut up and sit down'.

You also want friendly admin people who answer your calls. I had one centre which did not call me back after enquiring. One centre was polite and everything, but couldn't remember my name or my son's name, and seemed to have forgotten we had arranged to go down for a trial visit. They also dI'd not call me back in feb as promised when there was available vacancy.

Another one was dismissive, just said long queue, and I needed to call back to check. Couldn't even tell me if my child could qualify by then. One day out of the blue called me up to say there was vacancy, but I gleefully told them my son had started Sch elsewhere already.

Current Sch my son is at has good administrators who called me up, sent me brouchures, checked with me abt my application forms, didn't pressure me to register coz I had problems with pils then. They( staff and other teachers) also all learnt my son's name even if they are not teaching him.

Curriculum isn't super impt coz they will more or less have similar programs. It's the style that's impt.

Kadice: the pureen maternity pads are adhesive and thick. I think one pack good enough. After that switch to normal long ultra thin pads with wings. I can't remember whether they are good or not but I think 6 bucks is cheap. I saw some other brand at ntuc. One pad cost 70 cents. I think

Back