(2012/06) Jun 2012

Congrates Sel, what a wonderful news to greet my day
happy.gif
. You and your princess will be good.

Congrats sel
happy.gif

Happy news to start my day. Not to worry, by 35 wks, babies are developed enough. Pls rest well so that u can welcime ur lil gal later

Good morning mummies,

Sorry did not have the time to post previously. I went to see gynae yesterday & to my relief, now baby is growing at normal rate of 2.43kg at week 33. But I gained another 4kg. Gynae mentioned since then, I can opt for natural birth but I am still very scared.
sad.gif
He also mentioned that have to do SWAB test the next visit which is 1 month later. If I am opting for c sec, then have to do on 18 June. Can I ask if all preggies need to do the Glucose Test? Cos my colleague told me so but my gynae never told me of it. :/

Mummies

Sal's delivery has suddenly prompted me that I'm almost 36 weeks! And that time is running out! Feeling a bit kancheong liao leh.

Just bugged Hubs to quickly bring my PISA for servicing. Still gotta ask MIL abt buying those red dates & longans & dunno what herbs.

<font color="aa00aa">Anyone got list of herbs &amp; amount needed to share?</font>

And so coincidentally, my hair stylist is on leave till next Tue. Hiaz else I can get my hair done tdy while I'm on leave before I go to Taka to meet MIL &amp; gang for her bday dinner. Gosh! There's still my BW to be done. Gonna leave the cleaning/sunning of the car seat, cot bed, rocker etc to Hubs liao. So glad I did the 0-3 mths baby clothes yest. Now just waiting for them to dry, but it looks like a rainy day.

Now there's work to be handed over.

Hiaz jialat case leh. Nvm I shall go take my first shower then cook my lunch. I have onions, mushrooms &amp; instant pasta sauce. Pathetic leh hahaha But better than Macs or instant noodles lah.

Zo

Not everyone needs to fo the glucose test. Basically if u fall under the 'risk' categories eg family history, previous gestational diabetes from earlier pregnancies, big baby, a lot of weight gain, etc etc. Since your gynae didn't mention, then he prob thinks it's not necessary for you.

I went for it for both No1 &amp; No2 coz I have family history of diabetes.

Zo, my mum has diabetes but I never do test during my #1. Maybe becoz I look so healthy and my weight doesn't boomed over 2 weeks like right now. Also they did urine test and this time one time i fail becoz just eaten beef noodles with ice tea before go to gynea. So it depends on your gynea.

Sel, congrats!! She should be fine. My mom told me I was born in 36 weeks too. I have on and off contraction since yesterday morning buy looks like it's just BH. But still afraid . Huhu there's a chance the dream I had my girl born on 23 may might be true. Last time #1 I dream born in 29 sep, in fact 28 sep born. But different kind of dream with this time though. This time instead of looking on the calendar, baby is born already and was asking my mom what's the date in my dream

Congrats Sel!! Do rest up and everything will be fine. Gosh....the first to pop! Soon, who will be next?!
happy.gif

Jul: I have my herbs list but its at home,if no one posts it up then will pass it to you later in the evening.
happy.gif

Groovy: I have a feeling i wont be having my wines until i stop production then....hehehe. As we intend to have another in 2014 and 2015 if possible.
happy.gif

Guess in a way my wines would be tastier since some of them are still young. Although i have a 97 and 98 bottle which i cant wait to open. Hubs doesnt wanna open and drink it by himself so he has to wait for me too. Lol!

Sel

Congrats on ur delivery! Get more rest in the hosp while u can n Keep us posted when u are feeling up to it.

Seems so sureal but you are the first to pop!

I'm too excited to sleep. Still waiting to see my princess. Anyway, thank god I just spoke to the PD and baby is healthy. She was having problem breathing bcos of some fluids in her lungs but it cleared out within the hour. She just had her 1st bottle so she's not facing any problem breathing. Yeay!

Sel

Haha i was also too excited n happy to sleep in hosp. Then when i got home, i wanted so badly to sleep but i couldn't! Ah the gd old memories lol

Adeline

Thanks! Think gotta get hubs to drive mil to sima street to buy this wkend.

Congrats Sel!!! This is so exciting, soon we will start hearing mummies popping one after another. Think I will be one of the last few, since my EDD is 28th June

Wow what great news this morning!!! Congrats Sel! It's the beginning of an exciting chapter for U. Have enough rest and hope you recover fast from your C sec!

Adeline: My Appt is on Fri
happy.gif
Cannot wait to see my lil gal. Hope her weight has increased from the last time.
When is yours again?
I don't have a herbs list so would be great if you can share yours too
happy.gif

I better put in my remaining items in my hospital bag excluding the certs and last min power cords.

I am almost completing my 34th week and going into my 35th this weekend. OMG cannot believe its 3 more weeks to reaching 37th week which is the considered full term right? I hope my baby can tong until 38 weeks at least so that mummy can enjoy the last 4 weeks with daddy.

Fleur: Mine is on Sat!
happy.gif
So your next appt after this week would be wihin 2 weeks time.
Sure will post it up when i am back at home.
Are you going to take MC before your EDD?

Yup our baby weight is almost the same, hopefully goes up to about 2.2kg.
happy.gif
Have you put on weight this pass 3 weeks? How much?

So exciting!! I hit 37wks on 26 May
happy.gif

Hope to deliver on EDD but gynae say might be early too since my BH r getting stronger..
Bag all packed except power cords n certs
happy.gif

Better charge my camera full tonight.. haha
Bringing 2 batteries in case 1 die.

congrats Sel!!! you are making all mummies here excited!!! rest well and get ready for your new challenge!! haha..

Zo
nope that test is only for those who has the need.. i asked my gynae why i don't have to go for it during #1 time since i was overweight before preggy even.. he said my urine test result is fine and my sugar level test result is also fine (done during blood test), so no need glucose test.. gynae will let you know if there's a need, if never mention, no need to worry then...

Adeline:
Yes .. the nurse said the next appt will be two weeks later.
I am contemplating on the MC part coz you know i only have balance 7 days MC. What about U? how many days balance MC u have.
I will start my ML based on my EDD date so anything before that i plan to use my AL and the most 2 days MC

Have you packed your hospital bag yet? U know i am quite nervous coz i don't want my baby to come out on EDD but earlier few days yet i also don't want her to come out suddenly tooo early like 2 weeks. But this kind i feel even if we want her to come out 1 week she might come out with pattern and go against us ahahha

Damm pissed... Was so looking forward to my massage till Babybellies called and said the massager got to attend to a post natal massage, can't do it for me. Damm...

Fleur: I have not used any of my MC quota for this year. Hence balance of 30 days.

I dont know if i should take MC to rest before i pop as everyone is telling me after baby is born you will be so tired and should rest before in preparation of her arrival. I dont know what to do.Where are you going to take the MC from anyways?

Anyways how much did you put on since your last check,dear?

I have packed our lil girls items, too cute! I have semi-packed mine and husband has not packed his. Haha....

I have a feeling i will come 2 weeks earlier though cos of all the walking to and from work to the bus stop. Friends all also told me normally your first will come 2 weeks earlier especially if you walk a lot. Is that true,ladies?

Adeline
How come your company so good have 30 days MC? Heheh where u working? I also wanna go there work
Like that U can easily take 2 weeks MC before ur EDD to R&amp;R
Mine is standard 14 days

Hmmm i rem the check before the last i put on 2 kg then the last one was around 1kg

Adeline, you have 30 days of MC?? 0_o Wow... I think I only have 7 days left for this year.. took about 6 or 7 since beginning of this year already due to the frequent bouts of flu... sigh..

Early delivery is quite common nowadays whether you walk a lot or not..My boss' #1 was 2 weeks early and so was her #2. I've only heard of 1 or 2 cases of overdue babies who were induced.

I've not packed a single thing yet and my house is a mess... >.< I feel like telling hubby to throw stuff away.. dunno why he can stand having the boxes of rubbish sitting around after clearing most of the things from his study area.. it really makes me agitated but I don't have the energy or strength to throw them out myself!!

Was just checking my leave balance. I have 14 days medical leave and 14 days WMC medical leave. Hmmm wonder whats WMC medical leave. Anyways, I'm left with 10 days medical leave. Would the gynea just give MC to rest even though I'm feeling ok?

Cngratz Sel, so happy for u and ur princess!!
Is a waiting game for us now.

I am going for my 37wk gynae appt coming Monday. Will be receiving my admin letter on that day.

Seriously I hope to pop first wk of June. So I can still go for the motherhood fair. And now I thinking of eating all the food I like first before I pop. If not Have to wait after confinement..
But the food I like mostly not very healthy, haha..
Like yesterday, I had kfc for dinner.
Now I thinking what to snack for tea break later.

Jul, I got the list of herbs what to buy from my cl,
Why not u check with ur cl? Maybe she use diff herbs to cook?

BH
My bh quite frequent I think. Every morning sure have once or twice. And after food. The feeling is like so funny. My tummy suddenly become so hard and tight, like a stone. No pain, but very uncomfortable. My gynae said is common to experience many bh a day. But if more than 30times a day, then go see her. If not is ok.

Fleur/Nattan: You guys made me doubt my company policy that i have to check as well but yea confirm 30 days paid sick leave for the full year. I am in the banking industry.

Where are you getting the MC from? Gynae or GP?

The past 3 weeks i put on 3 kg! Dr Chan is going to kill me but perhaps it is also due to my water retention! Hahaha.....

Congrats Sel!!

One of my friend just delivered her firstborn yest too...2 weeks earlier from EDD. This makes me gan chiong already cos i was still happily thinking i got 6 more weeks to go since my EDD is 30th June. Now gotto be mentally prepared for 4 more weeks just in case! Omg...

Petrina, i am also starting to get regular BH..about 2-3 times per day.

All the best for mummies popping in the next few weeks! May we all have short &amp; smooth delivery!

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb, I have a BN Medela Purelan nipple cream, 37g (bigger tube) for sale, at $10 only, collection at Dhobby Ghaut or top up for postage accordingly. Great for breastfeeding moms! PM or email me([email protected]) if interested, thanks!

Priscilla

I'm just gonna get the more common things like red dates first. Coz that kind need in bulk n need hubs' help. Wanna get that done fjrst. The cooking things can wait.

Mummies

Suddenly everyone's 'woken up' by sel eh? Haha.

i tried the cupcakes from there before during a friend's baby shower. nothing fantastic but looks really pretty. also tried their gift boxes...the ang ku kueh is ok but gotto consume them on the same day, otherwise it hardens. glutenious rice so-so. i'll order from them only because of the nice packaging.

Congratulations Sel ! You are the first to pop
happy.gif

Herb list:
党生
红枣
黑枣
北qi2
ji4子
杜种

麻油
花凋酒

37 weeks
Went for my 37 weeks checkup with CTG scan yesterday and gynae said i have tightenings in my stomach. When she did the scan, she said baby's head is engaged, ready to come out. Bb is about 3 kg now. Also called my confinement lady that i can pop anytime soon.

Just back from lunch with Petrina at RC Soup Broth Asia
happy.gif
I have an e-voucher for $5 off so it's a great deal for nutritious and tasty soups. We're thinking of going there again for Fri gathering if those who are going are interested ;)

Adeline, if your company really gives 30 days MC then you're very blessed indeed. Maybe banking industry more stressful, need more MC huh?? Hehe..

Thanks Joeey for the herbs list. Will try to buy them but I dunno what recipes to use them in??

I think at 37 weeks, you're almost there already... you taking HL/MC to stay home and prepare?

Adeline: U are right. If banking industry its 30days!
happy.gif
Ask Dr Chan for MC first since u have alot to take. Usually GP will give but they can only give 2 days at each time.
So for instance U need to go on Monday to get Mon &amp; Tue. Then on Wed to get Wed &amp; Thurs.

Sweetest Moments
I have not tried but their packaging is by the the nicest looking! Pricing i feel quite reasonable when comparing to the others.

37 Weeks
Seems like we should all be on standby from 37 weeks onwards. Which means i really have 3 weeks freedom from now.

Is BH a sign of labour coming? So far i don't feel any. Also for the breasts .. anyone leak anything? Mine still a desert dry situation.

Adeline: What's ur total weight gain to date?
U see Dr Chan mood first. If mood ok he won't even bother about ur weight. haha if mood no good then just one ear in one ear out.

Thanks Joeey,

You all talking about sesame oil and I almost forgot to get mine though very easy to get la.

My CL also ask me to buy the dark color dried longgan and black beans

@Fluerfluer
Same here, tried to squeeze but nothing. Btw, we should start apply the nipple cream ya?

Look at the huge coconut I just had. This is the only one I can find at Bedok Interchange (any mums working around there). I look like a lunatic trying to dig the fresh and drink from it.
7042875.jpg

Nattan
"We're thinking of going there again for Fri gathering if those who are going are interested ;)" Meeting place changed?

fleur,
30days MC, wow your company benefits are quite good, normally companies give 12-14 days.

nattan,
the herb list is for the 坐月茶 , confinement drink, maybe some herbal soups, we can add as well. My CL ask me to get these herbs first.

i'm working from home this week to rest, maternity leave is starting next week, 38 weeks.

Joey
hahah not my company ... its Adeline's
I wish mine is 30 days. I can happily take without feeling guilty.
Next week u 38 weeks ... soooo fast!!!!

I think we all really getting closer to the end of the marathon

Hee relax mummies! My #1 was overdue then by 4 days so dun get ourselves all too frantic ;) good to let Nature take its course. When baby is ready to b out, it will happen. Treasure their movts inside us now. That's what many mums miss most after we pop.

Back