(2012/04) Apr 2012

Mommies
Off track abit.. Anyone tried the thermos shuttle chef before? Does it work like a slow cooker?

MeinMe
Me also got the sit and sack, I reckon that it works well with younger children.. Co's as my girl grows, she managed to break free from it..

Lotusmum, really? My girl was good in it till quite big.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2"><u>SALES NOTICE</u></font></font>
Isetan on 16 Dec 2011 - 8.30am to 11pm
John Little on 21-26 Dec

Both sale brochures doesn't seem attractive to me.

I bought bengawan solo vouchers before to give to colleagues and others who didn't make it to the first month. Easier to distribute and generally pp have no complaints. For pp who went first month, besides buffet also bought nag ku kuih for them to bring home.

Meinme
Good for you.. Your girl must be very obedient.. Mine wriggled out of her seat when she was around 15 months.. So the sit and sack has been collecting dust since then.. Now wait for no.2 to make full use of it..

Dear Mummies,

i done my detailed scan yesterday, confirmed is a princess!
happy.gif
already shopped $200+ haha

Hi Ladies,

I just recently became a Isetan member on the last weekend actually - does this mean i can go for the isetan private sale on friday?

Has anyone been before - usually how many percentage are the discounts.

I'm only familiar with the Robinson's private sale where the discounts are about 25 - 30% on children's department.

Anyone been to both? Can comment which sale is better?

Am keen to go for Isetan sale - I'm a sucker for sales...

happy.gif

Hi,

I've the below preloved baby cot for sale at SGD190.
Bedbase can be adjusted 4 levels, 1 side can be lowered down.
Condition: 8/10
Self collect from my place at Toa Payoh.
Pls PM me if u're keen.
6454260.jpg
6454261.jpg
6454262.jpg

Hi mummies, I didn't log on for a few days. Thanks all for ur kind words. I can take other people comments but not fr my husband. He became really obsessive abt it more than I ever thought. He didn't blame me but shown obvious disappiontmt which really discouraged me. I scared i bringing a baby into the world that only has mummy love. He wasn't like this when we had our 1st girl. We agreed to stop at 2 but he is asking for no 3 now. Anyway I try my best to be strong , taking 1 step at a time ...

miumiu, try to look at the bright side. Girls are more close to parents, able to dress them. mayb ur husband is still trying to get over it and might look disappointed.. give him some time and he will accept it.

Miumiu
Don't think too much.. When your baby is born, she will receive more than mommy's love... And what is more important than a mommy's love? Your hb will also dote on her, afterall is his own flesh and blood.

About no.3, discuss again with your hb.. Is it really important to have a boy?

Miumiu- pls dont be dishearten and sad.. u shouldn't be. Whatever others think, even if its your hubby, just ignore. Anyway its his child that you are carrying and what gender the child may be depends on him. If God wants to give you a boy, He will. If He decides a girl is better for you, He will. Your hubby should be feeling more fortunate that you both have no problem conceiving a child and doesnt even need to go through any medical interventions to get a child.
Let him be, one day he will realize and will think that it doesnt even matter anymore whether its a girl or a boy...

Miumiu and ahnah, don't be dishearten. These little miracles will be perfect in every way even though they are different gender from what we r hoping. I also got a second boy, although a tiny bit of disappointment, but i only hope baby is born healthy.

Miumiu, I know u are upset with ur hubby. I'm pretty sure he will love the baby. He just need time to accept. If he wants a number 3, ask him is he prepare for 3girls? I am not, so
I intend to stop at 2.

Initially, I've "planned" for this pregnancy, after trying for some time, we have stepped back to reality, that is, as long as we managed to conceive a healthy baby, that will do. Until this minute, I'm still unsure if I can make it through this journey.

Anyone using Mustela baby product? I've used their lotion, not the shower range. Any feedback?

Ahnah, show some support to her. If u also show disappointment, it will make it worse for her. I also got signal from some deity, saying I will get girl. In fact, I was quite confident that I will get a girl too esp since my boy also insist it is a meimei at first. Now I accept Loh. Lucky thing is, my hubby say he wants a boy so it makes it alot easier for me. I duno he say it to avoid disappointment or he really mean it.

Just to share the sales info. with mummies

Robinson card member preview 20~22 Dec 2011

Avent 3 in 1 sterilizer set with electric warmer and 125ml + 260ml PES bottle twin pack and soothers 0-6M

Card member price @ 199

Does this deal consider good?

Hi MTBs, I have a Dale Abdominal Binder (New) to let go @ $30. Doc wrapped another binder onto me immediately after C-sect, and hence I did not have a chance to use the Dale one.

Pls PM me if interested. Thks

Hi Ladies,

Me too will be having another boy - initially i wanted a gal for my hubby so that he can experience the special connection "daddy's gal" thingy but i guess we're meant to have another boy.

What i feel is that if you have two children of the same sex - they will generally be closer. Two boys or two gals will play together more and even when they grow up - they tend to be closer and may hang out together. So definitley lots of advantages there.

Also think of all the cost savings from clothes and toys. I look at my son's toys from hundreds of tomica cars to more than 50 thomas and shinkansen trains - both my husband and me heave a sigh of relief that it can be resued. We're now just wondering how to convince the second one that they are new toys just bought for him.

kekekeekekek..

So there are both pros and cons to having a boy and a gal or two boys or two gals.

happy.gif

Remember - healthy most important. If you're still not convinced - go read those heartbreaking stories on the other pages of this forum of poor ladies who cannot conceive or who have to terminate the lives of their baby due to health problems - i'm sure having a boy or gal is the last thing on their minds.

happy.gif

Chin up and pause to think of the wonderful blessing you have inside of you.

Mel
Haha.. I like the way you put it about convincing no.2 of the "new" toys...
Now I'm trying to get my girl to share her stuff. Haiz, difficult, she said that they are hers..

For my two kids - girl and boy - I try to buy more unisex toys so that both share and play.

I find that my girl likes the "male" toys too - Thomas train and tomica cars but my boy also likes the cooking set.

The one thing I haven't bought is dolls. But neither my hubby or I like such toys.

hmmmm, now I start to think is good to have same gender. I'm freaking every now and then thinking that boys are generally classified as "naughty", rough play, etc, how am I going to nurture this little one to be well-mannered and be loved by all. Oh, why did I think this way? because only recently I realised that my girl is a damn easy to manage kid, that is after 5 years!!!

My loots from US have arrived, with delivery courier now!!!! can I go home to see them?

meinme
i also worry.. already the little one is kicking and moving so much in my tummy!! I sure don't remember my gal so active when she was in my tummy.

Now trying to sell away so many of my gal's stuff as just realised they are all in PINK!! Faint. Why did i like pink so much. hahaha.. none in neutral colours. Shopping starts all over again. And the thought of toys.. I can just faint.

Anyone at the isetan private sale?
Went in the morning and the queue for entry went all the way to the thai embassy..
Anyway, managed to get the combi booster seat at 15% discount.. Thought the combi wipes are reasonable at $9.90 for 3..

Lotusmum, you are everywhere!!!!

Anyone used Mustala here? any feedback?

I've decided that I have "buy" enough for now, I'll reconsider my "STOP" option after next Fri detailed scan.

MeinMe - I only used the Mustela cleansing lotion before on babies when they were less than 6 mths old. Quite good for sensitive skin.

For those 2nd time or more, do you remember doing detailed scan closer to EDD to estimate the bb size?

I just remembered that during my 1st, I bought those string-tie kind top for my girl to wear for newborn, after a few days, I need to rush to Mustafa to get bigger size as she is big at birth!!! This is also 1 of the reason why I say I shall stop buying for now.

Hello mummies,

As I am late to engage a nanny for my confinement already...during our discussion and exchange of information and one mummy (Sparks) refer me to i-kare confinement again. I've actually engaged their nanny in year 2009 for my first confinement and I know i-kare have a fleet of exclusive nannies (with great cooking confinement food skill and with very hygenic infant handling practices and skills) I'm hesitant becos now their usual rate is S$2.2k

But then, since I'm afraid to get non-guranteed performance nanny... i contacted May and we met up and to my surprise i-kare is having a 28 days (single infant) promotion.

Whoever are still in need for confinement nanny help. pls visit www.i-kare.com.sg I've booked yafen their exclusive nanny at only S$2k.

To enjoy this promotion, pls state referral from: Cheuk Ling

no commission! p.s.you can locate me in Aug thread

hi mommies,
believe it or not, all i have bot so far is 2 rompers and 2 pairs of socks! haha, i am really taking my time to shop for #2!! hope i dun end up with a last min panic!

unfortunately i won't really have much hand me downs as my friends either have girls or their #2 is also a boy! looks like i have to shop all over again like for #1.

Lotusmum, I did at 32W and 36W, delivered at 37½W, then gynae never tell me about the scan result and I think nothing about it. Now looking back, I find it's very useful which I didnt use it then.

Does gynae's machine about to estimate the size, my current gynae is not pro to detailed scan. He recommended minimum scan as compare to others.

Haru, wow, good for you. I already bought rompers &amp; clothings (up to 12mths), wash cloth, sleeping bag, lap pads, socks, etc. It's good to "squeeze" some hand-me-down, supposed to be good for the little one because it's being used and washed many times and softer to their skin.

Anyone keen to take over pre-owned but pretty new Bumwears with inserts? my friend is selling 12 sets to me because her nanny prefers the conventional nappy. I'm getting all the 12 sets (boy colors) from her but I think I only need 8 sets. She also have 3 sets of girl colors to let go too. Let me know if you want to take over the balance of the boy from me or the girl colors.

Eliz, $15 a set with 2 inserts. I know the price is way out. Let me collect from her then update you. How many sets do you need? We've our sock deal to sort out too.

meinme
I didn't order the socks. Thought i emailed you? My aunt bought me some so shd be more than enough.

Bumwear
Let me check how many i'm getting from my gf. She's gona pass me some too. Hopefully can confirm by Monday. I'm meeting her to sort out her son's handmedowns.

Ooops, I must have missed it. It's ok, I'll buy as I go along, I'm a sock person!!!!

I'll only collect from her next Fri or so. I'll update accordingly.

<font color="ff0000">pre-owned but pretty new BUMWEAR clearing at $15 per set with 2 inserts.</font> Pm me if you keen. 4 sets for BOY and 3 sets for GIRL. Thanks.

Meinme
Yes, the scan can measure the size of the baby..can only remember the final scan is something like a photo-taking session..

Hi! I'm from Nov Mummies thread. I've a preloved Pigeon Electric Breast Pump to let go... Unit bought in Oct, still under warranty. Only use for few times during hospital stay.

PM me if you are interested...

Wish all a smooth delivery
happy.gif

hi mummies
how is everyone? wonder if everyone has gotten over insomnia since the topic hasnt surfaced in a while. i am getting hit BIG TIME. i wonder if its pregnancy insomnia or jet lag but i have not slept at all this evening and its already 5.40am o_O. hubby and #1 are sleeping well though :S

oh i also have some bumwears if anyone still wants. i bought way too many inserts! hardly used. btw i feel they are better when baby is slightly older, and when poo is less runny

MEinMe and pinkbunny,
i am looking for some BN Bumwear (both the diaper and inserts). Do let me know if you have spare, i am happy to get some. =)

Starrie - We got the Ashton cot for $219. Price includes mattress, delivery &amp; assembly.

theres something wrong with my comp. i typed a long 'essay' of what happened to me last week. but now that i think of it, oh well.. i tink too boring to enter here =P

to put in short, i am hit by the prenatal depression bug. but aft going for counselling last tue, i feel better .. granted MC the whole week. Today's appt with gynae, i was given further MC till 27 Dec. And she even suggested i use up my hospitalization leave of 60days to rest further. But whatever it is, so glad dun have to think of work for now.. Shiok ahh!! =)
(Ps. Baby Girl kick me continously as i typed this... gosh..!)

Hi mummies,

I'm letting go 10 pcs of BUMWEAR diapers with 10 inserts @ $300. Will throw in 5 inserts free. Retail price for each insert costs $9. I paid $380 for 10 diapers + 10 inserts.

Please note that these are not preloved hence condition is 10/10.

Self collection at Yio Chu Kang.

Interested buyer, please pm me. Thanks!

Back