(2012/04) Apr 2012

Hi ladies,

I used the Clarins tonic oil for my first and it was really good - no stretch marks and my stomach was HUGE for my first one. So i'm also using it now for my second and so far so good - i think my stomach is even bigger for my second.

happy.gif

I use it at night immediately after shower when my skin is still a bit damp - and i do not rinse it off.

I also use the Clarins stretch mark cream in the morning before going to work. I think its ok - not as nice smelling as the oil. But i use two both the cream and the oil for maximum effect.

I too have low lying placenta on posterior - partially covering cervis on the left side, am hoping it will move upwards as uterus expands as i would like to avoid a C section too.

Regarding baby shoes and stuff - i too heard it is not good for baby who have not started walking to wear shoes as it constraints their feet from growing. Also i heard its not good to buy any baby clothes with buttons or zip at the back as babies lie down a lot and the buttons and zips will inhibit their spine developing properly.

I too went to Robinsons' sale - bought lots of medela bottles, pigeon stuff, breast cooling pads, etc for new baby.

happy.gif
happy.gif

Lotusmum> If not wrong manduca bb carrier cannot carry bb till very big. Beco bb carrier which is what I am using can carry till bb is 20 kg. Some of you may say 20 kg must be a killer to be still carrying but we never know if our bb will be big or small and when really big and still needed the carrier, you will definately find it useful. As my boy is those kind that needs security to fall asleep therefore need carrying even when on the move to fall asleep so the carrier was a life saver. We recently use again and he still stay quietly in it. Do chk out Beco butterfly its really worth getting.

Hi lotus mum, my friend is using manduca n she rave abt it. She n her gf used it to coax bb to sleep and very fast they will go to dreamland. Not sure if it is the material or the posture. She keep hard selling to me, of course she don't draw commission but she tends to recommend good stuff to friends.

Summerbliss
I read quite good review for manduca too.. But the review its given by mostly angmoh, so I don't know if it is suitable for our local climate and our small asian build..

Good morning.... all MTBs

Haiz... still having spotting at this stage.. quite worrying....
sad.gif
the weather didn't make my mood earlier...

Heard of depression even before you deliver???? I'm suspecting i'm getting it..
sad.gif

Tan , jia you. Try to snap out of the blue by eating favourite food, or watch your fav tv or go high tea w close gf or if cannot travel invite them to your house. . Bb will feel it if mummy is in bad mood. Not easy but do try your best. I do feel a bit of mood swing here and there but my work keep me super busy.

Lotus mum, my friend n her gf are all Asians . Or u buy later when u deliver and try on to see if bb likes it.

anyone planning to go bangkok can do so... not a single drip of water, no flood, no rain. business as usual except it is less crowded and more airy. i think is the best time to go since many ppl are still avoiding that place.

Tan(xiing) - I think that pre-natal blues do exist esp when you have a difficult pregnancy. Do seek professonal advice on this from your gynae and try to get support from close friends and family.

Last night I kena calf cramp, followed by shin cramp while sleeping. So painful and I couldn't ask hubby for help as he was sleeping in the other room with our kids.

All because I got lazy and decided to skip taking my nightly calcium pills. Sigh. Never again make the mistake!

EL, try to flex your feet as much as you can on your own.

Just joking, set up baby monitor for you, HB to hop over when you need help!!! LOL

Why don't you do milk? or you are lactose intolerant?

I drink weekday every morning then supplement a small dose in the moring. Liquid iron after lunch and dinner, cannot do calcium and iron concurrently.

hi mommies!
been a while since i logged in here. its so hard to catch up with this thread!! can't believe i have not done any shopping for my baby except for a new breastpump! i am looking for a baby sling as I already have a Beco but I can't use that for newborn. is the babysafe carrier easy to use? I prefer the cotton to the satin ones as the satin ones seems too "slippery"..any advice or feedback?

El - I dont eat my calcium pills daily but on the days that I dont eat them, I'll drink goat's milk.
Prolly you can drink milk if u dont want to eat your calcium pills?

MeinMe - I drink milk! In fact yesterday I had two glasses - one in the morning and one before bed! But still cannot give enough calcium so I have to take calcium pills too!

Lotusmum when bb face front then they will feel the stress on crotch. Beco butterfly don't face front. Beco Gemini i think can face front

Leo, you go then tell me if is worth going. See you tomorrow. Tonight, company D&D.

i went to the sales yesterday. though it is not a big scale sales, i managed to buy 12pcs of clothings for my bb. way too cheap to resist. i dun really want spend too much $ as bb will outgrown them very fast. so 3pcs for $10 is a gd buy!

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">RESIST! </font></font>

I have just cleared my girl's wardrobe, many boy's pass me down, blanket, etc.....lots of new girl's clothing 3T which I've offloaded to my friend, I also have new boy 6mth to 4T clothing! Cannot remember when did I buy them! Really nothing to do!

MeinMe
The gmil sale is really irresistible.. Especially girls clothing.. They are so sweet.. The rompers are going at 5 for $5..

Such good bargains but I can't go down coz i'm not on leave plus stay in the west. Too far to go down =( But I've been to their sales the past 2 yrs. Really very cheap. Hope they will have another one during our maternity leave ;p

Just back from the sale. Indeed alot of great buys. ESP the girlies dresses, 3 for $10! Rompers 5 pieces for $5! Din spent alot, surprisingly. Only spent close to $60

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">RESIST...RESIST...RESIST...</font></font>

Do they have sleepsuits?

5 for $5 and 3 for $10, what the hell are they doing? they just want to clear space like me!!!

Anyway, I've cleared my girl's 4 panels top wardrobe space, ready to load new stuffs!!!!

I don't think I'll make it to the GMIL sale cos I don't have a car. Heard that the walk from the bus stop is 15 minutes uphill?

Anyway, just got back from lunchtime shopping at Isetan Scotts. There was a GAP clothing sale on the third floor specials area. 70% off plus extra 20$ if 5 or more pieces of clothing. Also got additional 10% rebate voucher for >$50 spent by Isetan cardmember from 8-10 Dec. I got a couple of casual t-shirts for my hubby (only ard $7 each) and some tops/jeans for my toddler girl. The material is all very nice and soft cotton.

There is limited baby stuff and older kids stuff though. I also didn't look at women's stuff cos I can't wear them now anyway.

Is Isetan Private Sale confirmed to be on 16 Dec coz I have yet to receive the brochures. Starting my leave nx Fri, so just nice if it's that day =)

summberbliss and El... thank you for noticing me... heartfelt thanks... felt like a lonely soul here... but thanks for your blessings and encouragement! still awaiting for test... hopefully bb wanna still be a dragon..!

Odiey..is confirm. My cousin works there as a graphic designer.. sometimes she will ask if I need to buy anything if they are having staff sale
happy.gif

Tan(xiing): feel free to drop msg here..we learn together n share info together ;) one of my fren who is preg too also having spotting.. Her gynea ask her to bed rest. Try don walk too much too.

Tks ms tan! Another shopping spree nx week! Btw, the gap sale is across all the gap outlets!

Tan (xiing), dun worry too much! Bb will feel the stress! R u working or on mc? Try to rest as much as u can!

sad and feel deeply hurt, confirmed girl at detail scan (2nd girl) and my in-laws including my husband was very disappointed and say hurtful thing
sad.gif
i told myself to be strong but it's just too hard...

Miumiu
Try not to bother with what the others say, so long your baby is healthy.. No matter if its a boy or girl, its a gift and blessing to the family, when the little one is born, everyone will definitely love and dote on her lots.. Try not to feel sad or disappointed, the little one will feel rejected even in the womb...or in the later stage in life..
Let me share my experience with you when I was expecting no.1, I wanted a boy very much and broke into tears when the sonographer told me that its a girl, I was very upset.. Somehow the little one knew it and kept very quiet, no movement for the entire day..i felt very guilty after that and apologized to her...very sensitive.. Now my no.1 is 21 months old, seeing her so sweet, active and interactive as compared to my friends' boys, I seriously don't mind having another girl..

seems like alot of mummy just came bck from SHOPPING.. hehehe... i am a super kanchiong mummy.. alr completed at least 85% of our bb list wh includes baby furnitures, bottle warmer &amp; etc etc.. tee hee.. today is my recuperating day after 2days of intense shopping!
happy.gif

Miumiu, don't be upset. *hugz* tell ur hubby he is responsible for the gender. Nothing is more impt than having a healthy baby. I'm sure they will realize their mistake when they see how cute the baby is.

Imie, u look like u r fully prepared! I'm still dilly dallying my time at home. I still haven pack my stuffs for house moving. I have lots of pple wanting to give me their hands me down items, but I hate it when they are giving to me now. It is still too early my hse is in a mess!

mossie, i think its cos of the excitement, plus hubby happy tht our 1st is a gal. im 23 weeks today but alr feel so heavy, i wonder how wen reach the 30+ weeks stage.. so i scared by the time alr no mood to shop liao. Some people told me they want to give baby stuff this &amp; that, but dunno what they giving so we don care just buy.. only baby stroller my friend emphasize not to buy &amp; told me to give her the brand name &amp; model so she warn me dun buy.. haha..
Mothercare is having sale.. got the baby cot &amp; mattress from there
happy.gif

Miumiu, dun be sad by the remarks they made. I think they dun mean anything. Maybe just disappointed so said the wrong words.

Like wat lotusmum had said. Bb will know what is going on. Since Tue I m also feeling sad (also cried on Tue night till I puke n wed cried for quite sometimes) n have been saying if I know I m facing so much problems, I will not want to have a bb. So since Tue till Fri, I do have not have enough slp n also difficult to fall asleep n baby's movements r so much lesser. Today went out whole day also no feeling. Hopefully bb is ok.Kind of worried but luckily seeing gynae tmr.

So u have to forget the unhappiness... Dun put it to heart, not good for bb. Cos there is nothing u could do, n they have to accept the truth!

Miu miu, don't be upset because on the gender.. the bb will know.. most imp, healthy baby k.

MeinMe.. u offload alot of new 3T gal clothing to your friend.. should post and sell me.. haha.. i am SO interested.. I cant resist myself from getting dresses from my lil gal.. within 2 mths, i spend almost $300 on her clothings.. haha.. All from sales.. i should go and count how many i got in total.. lol..

me spent $70 on GMIL sales.. only went for the first day..

Hi ladies,
Been a long time since I have posted but has been reading your posts. Wow, many of you have already started preparing and buying baby stuffs. I have not done much since this is my #3, so taking things easy.

Just went for my detailed scan last Fri. Gonna have another girl.

Miumiu, don't get too upset about the gender. I'm expecting my 3rd girl. Yes, #1 and #2 are both girls as well. I was hoping #3 will be a boy this time but mentally preparing myself at the same time in case it's gonna be a girl. Dun want to be too disappointed. Healthy and active babies are more important. In fact, many people will be envious of you for having girls.

Enidmummy: True true.. I was just telling another mummy at #1's swim class yesterday that, having 3 girls is definitely better than 3 boys! haa... At least i will be sure i would most likely have more hair left on my head with a platoon of gers than boys. wahahahahaha...

Am on leave today. Gonna go for yoga, then some shopping for xmas gifts. Hopefully i dun spend for money on clothes for #1 and the new baby. hohoho...

Imie: yes, me too I also start to feel the weight..i m jus gng to 22 weeks.. Some ppl say my tummy looks like 6 , 7 mths .. My goodness. Wonder how to manage at later stage. I feel lower side tummy abit muscle ..or veins pulling sometimes.. Any of u all feel that too?

I felt pain above right hip too yesterday after walking ard too much. Yes, getting much heavier!

Back