(2012/03) Mar 2012

daisy: i must say i have to be grateful to my mil as she doesnt noe how to cook confinement food but she say she will go learn, my own mom don't even bother to be even concern, even when i told her i'm preggy she also like nothing happened. so no matter what i have to stay with mil from now all the way till our our hse come.

Wenwen
W are very similar in this case. My mom alsodoesn't know how to look after young children, I was being outsourced since young.. And my ils also help to look after my hb's cousins and did confinement for hb's auntie, so by right should be very experienced.. They may be good in taking care of the little ones but when it comes to dil, they may not be expert in handling our emotions especially when we are having 10 months of pms all in 1month... Almost went crazy then..

luckily my MIL is old (early 70s) so she fully supports my decision to engage a CL. My own mom volunteered to do my confinement but I decline as I don't think she can handle a toddler plus newborn even though I have a maid. Plus my mom & my style don't gel & with hormone level going crazy after giving birth, I will sure engage in heated argument with her. hahaha...

Wenwen,
oh, you are staying with your MIL now? Then I guess it's more "right" to let her do your confinement since she's staying with you.
But you will have to learn how close one eye and "let go" for lots of things.
happy.gif

wenwen: thanks! i will try taking warm honey water... my baby 10 weeks+ now... i haven't really starting talking to bb yet... :p

Lotusmum; i fully understand what you mean. but i can't convince my hubby to forgo the thot of let me take care of bb myself so i just have to learn to accept the way my mil do things and learn from her in a humble manner (although i have a stubborn charater).. for the sake of bb, i'm willing to humble myself to learn and give the best... i used to reject the thot of mil taking care of me n bb but i dun really have a choice now.

wenwen - tats good .. at least she's willing to learn to cook confinement food for u .. most important is u can rest well during ur confinement ! =)

wenwen - i guess ur hubby is worry abt u handling yourself for ur first time baby so he wanted his mom to help u out and dont want tire u out ..

its a good thing with someone to help for the first time , a good chance to learn ..

dont be upset abt ur own mom , u still have ur hubby and baby with u in future .. =)

Mrs Carice:> I accepted your FB request le. If I rem correctly it's about $400-500+. It's not done by him. As I goes to Paragon clinic, I did my test in Radlink which is also in Paragon. Since you're in TB, most likely they will refer you to Thomson Medical.

snoopy:> Unless you're >35yrs old & want to do amnio, then I think you should do OSCAR first. I'm high risk grp (due to age) & will still be opting for OSCAR first even though the odds are against me ;p

Zelda : i already added those who has add me as friend.

No lei, the last time i did my HSG, they ask me go paragon too. so if they ask me i rather go there ... oh mine so ex ... my pay look like all go to medical liao ... hahaa ... but i rather do the oscar to have peace of mind....

zelda: i'm 34 this year already so I'm considering if i should go. Have you done your amnio already, or is not required if you pass the oscar test? in your opinion, is it worth taking the test ah?

Hi Zelda,

Yes..its a nightmare..now i keep feeding her with cheese, biscuits n cereals to keep her as FULL as possible so that she will not ask for milk..But she will insist to latch on b4 she sleeps if i m ard..In the childcare, she is fine with lying down on the matteress.

snoopy:> I think do OSCAR first and if results no good then do amnio. It depends on the probability which your gynae is in a better position to advice you
happy.gif
For my previous OSCAR test (in 2009), my results were v good so no need to do amnio even though I was already 36. Hahaha... But I have a feeling I may need to do amnio this time as my gynae said based on your age, you should do amnio ;p However I will still go for OSCAR first... see got miracle or not
happy.gif

Snoopy & Carice:> Yes med fees v high. Later when you buy bb stuff like bb cot, pram, breast pump, steraliser etc all needs $$ too
sad.gif
If you're ok try to loan from other mummies. I've loaned out most of my stuff so will slowly get back from my friends
happy.gif

Poohwei:> I feel that as they are bigger, more difficult to wean them from the breast. I guess your gal just needs comfort suckling to get herself to sleep. Maybe you can check with other mummies how they wean off their 1st one.

zelda: is this your no. 2? I still cannot make up my mind if i shld go for the test. Haha..terrible me. For No. 2, luckily i still can save quite a lot as i still have my play pen, steriliser etc. Dont think i want to breastfeed No. 2 as I wasnt successful with No. 1 (only managed to bf for about a month) and I also want to rest more as this is very likely my last confinement. With No. 1, I kept getting up to pump and thus developed a backache so hopefully with the 2nd confinement, I can get it cured, fingers crossed.

snoopy:> Yes it's my no. 2
happy.gif
My fren who is like you when she had her no. 1 (bf <1mh as limited supply) managed to latch on her no. 2 &amp; supply has greatly increased. Thus, you may want to re-consider. Your back still aching now? It may come back when our tummies get bigger. I also had backache initially as I had epidural for my c-sect. But luckily after 4-5mths it's gone. But in the first place, I have a weak back due to past injuries.

zelda: this is my initial plan but who knows I may change my mind when i see the little one by then
happy.gif
Yes, still aching now and I also had an epidural for my c-sect for No. 1 which is also a reason for the backache. Are you planning for VBAC for No. 2 or going straight for c-sect?

snoppy:> What is VBAC? I don't mind trying natural but hated the virginal checks to determine how many cm your cervix has opened. So painful! But have to depend on bb position and see if ok to go natural. For my 1st child, I was in labour ward >24hrs &amp; after inducing twice cervix still only 1cm! So end up become c-sect. But I'm had a violent reaction to the epidural. I puke non-stop immediately aft the jab till my gynae had to wait for me to finish puking in case he cut me wrongly! Then when the bb finally came out, the nuse will usually put on mummy's body for her to see bb. After 2secs I asked the nurse to take away as I wanna puke again! Like that v hard to do natural too hor? Hahahaha....

zelda: VBAC stands for vagina birth after caesarian. Actually, my No. 1 is also emergency C-sect cos same like you, my cervix wouldnt open after inducing birth, so had to go for c-sect to avoid causing stress to the baby. Oh dear, i think you are allergic to epidural so kinda hard to go for natural unless you dont opt for epidural but i think very tough to endure. Maybe this time round, can go for LA or GA without epidural? Surprising I was very calm when doc cut me up for No. 1 but I think I will be scared shitless when it comes to No. 2. The horror of the caesaerian aftermath. Pain, pain &amp; more pain.

Zelda, yup, papaya I dun eat a lot also. Just like one pc max twice a week. Best to eat mix of fruits. Banana cannot eat delmonte type, same as babies. So I buy those small bananas or bigger type called pang jio, me and my tod all can eat
happy.gif
Apples are good too though I dun really like them.

Carice: thinking to get 1. At least hubby can stay over.
happy.gif

When popping no 2 most likely downgrade to 2 or 4. See my threshold yah Hahaaa. Dad will stay home with kiddo liaoz.

Wen wen
Since no choice, then have to see open lor... if you have anything which you are very unhappy about, you can always vent it out in this thread.. I believe we won't mind being aunty agony.. :)

Mrs Carice
I'll go for 1 bedded, since am going to sgh, it's still manageable..and I cannot stand sharing room.. a bit selfish but I want the privacy..

I'm so hungry the whole day. Eating non stop. Now half hr after dinner can feel my stomach churn again. No way. Going zzz to zzz tge hunger away.
sad.gif

Me will go one bedder. So hubby can stay over and bb can b around longer. Less noisy. Last round had to temporary stay 2 bedder 1 day as tmc run out 1 bedder. The moment avail we quickly switched to 1 bed. More private. Tmc rooms are small.

anewmummy, i'm a second time mummy...

So glad that a very popular TCM doctor told my mum that we should not take too much ginger.. i have forgotten the reason, but he told my mum that, and my mum actually trusted his words! so, i am secretly happy, and hopeful that my mum will cut down on the amount of ginger she place in my confinement food, and make confinement food more bearable for me :D

in my first confinement, i actually cried, at every meal time, cos meal time means GINGER time. how awful!!

i'm 37, and my doc advise me to do the blood test first. he says the amnio is not compulsory for second time mummies above 35. still, he suggest to do a blood test to assess the risk before going for amnio.

doc just declared that i have graduated from the MS stage yesterday and guess what? I kept puking today!!! argh!! so pantang. next time must tell him not to declare such things...

janjan16 - was it bcos u bf-ing on ur #1 ?

seems like u really hated ginger so much .. actually my mom knew , so she didnt add much and when i dont feel like taking , she didnt forced me either ..

all she told me was , taking ginger is for my own good , if i refuse , in future when i get old and aching all over , i shall not whine to her and i agreed so she didnt force me much ..

so how u going cope for the coming confinement next yr? will it still be ur mom doing for u ?

i thinking of 4 bed cause i can make friend and chit chat if bored. but my friend say no one want talk to me lei ...cause all so tired liao ... hehe .. if not my the other choice will be 1 bed. shall see when i go hospital visit after i hit my 2nd Tri.

Lotusmum: it depends, past wks daytime hungry can eat quite a lot. dinner can't take any. ytd was terrible, it's hunger pangs non stop every hr i'm putting sth into my mouth *yucks* &amp; after eating quite a lot for dinner, stomach churn half hr later, can't take it lor.. hope it's cos i'm too tired not cos of the hormones... hahaa

Carice: yah the neighbor will reserve energy for her visitors &amp; older children, &amp; if u kenna big family if u want to rest also cannot... hahaaa

this time round oso going for 4bedded.. hoping to get free upgrade to 2bedded like my 1st pregnancy. haha..
2-3nights stay v fast pass de. rather save save abit ..

Carice,
I should be taking 4bedded too. My hb will be taking care of the kids, wont be staying over. I'm afraid of being alone in hospital room. haha.

But having said that, the last time I took 4 bedded in KKH. By the 2nd night, all were discharged and I was all alone in the big big room! I asked to be discharged the next day. :p

If I were to take a single bedded, think will get my gal to stay with me.
happy.gif

Good morning mummies.

GG Lee: Lucky you leh..i remember i had a hard time going to the toilet cos of the pain.

Mrs Carice: Most probably I will choose one bed at TMC this time too as I prefer the privacy and I can have the toilet to myself. Also, when family come visit, they can stay longer.

Snoopy:> My c-sect quite ok leh... imm next day can get out of bed &amp; walk. My visitors are all shock how come I can walk non-stop to entertain them. Hahaha... I even went to wash my hair imm before my mom comes to the hospital ;p But I do have friends who have pain for 1 week! I told my gynae then he said my patients all can walk the next day so I guess it depends on the "sewing" skill of your gynae ;p

I think I still prefer 1 bedder (more privacy) even though I agree with Jo that hubby will most likely be at home to take care of my gal. Yes TMC rooms are v small unlike Mt A. But I love the bfg chairs in TMC. Hee...

janjan:> I didn't take alot of ginger too (hate it) as my gal has colic then. I couldn't even eat alot of veggies as it causes more wind in her tummy. Glad to hear that 2nd time mummies may not need to do amnio.

I didn't know TMC has 4 bedder leh. Anyway I opted for the Deluxe 1 bedder room the previous time. Not sure if this time want to splurge or not... maybe stay in normal 1 bedder will do unless my in-laws want to sponsor my hospital stay :p

Zelda : you pop in TMC ? heng ah like that i know need to worry dr fong sewing skill liao ... hahhaa

Dr fong any hospital also can one right ...

Daisy, my mil supposedly came over to help supervise the CL to make sure everything goes well for both of us. But things wasn't that good. Other than complaining to my hubby, whom she is super close to everyday, she also exerted her "powers". Imagine instead of pig trotters vinegar, she made the CL cook chicken feet vinegar which I don't eat. Then had the cheek to tell me " you dun eat chicken feet, so eat the ginger and vinegar".

Zelda: Lucky you. I didnt know pain depends on sewing skills of gynae. I felt quite ok until the painkiller wore off. Haha. How much did you pay for deluxe one bed at that time?

Mei - wah , she really power ! she wanna save the money to buy pig trotters? chicken feet where got meat , eat wat ? the skin ? =.='' so this time confinement will she still come to 'surpervise' ur CL?

Back