(2012/03) Mar 2012

Mei, so who ate the chicken feet? Your mil?? Pig trotter is good cos of the calcium and collagen. My one is opposite. She keeps thinking my CL cooks too simple for me, not 'confinement' enough. But I dun like super complex meals lor. And I still get my soup, pig trotters, liver, kidney, pork, chicken, black chicken and fish. There is only so much I can eat each meal. Once I ask the CL toast bread for me and she also comment like dat where got nice, should ask her make fry the bread dip in egg. Please lor I was like eating 2 eggs every day till I also scared liao I just wan something plain.

Mrs Carice:> Yup I went to TMC. Dr Fong can go TMC, Mt A & Mt E. So you see which you more convenient for u. For me I prefer TMC as there's no other sick patients aka germs as compared to oth hospital. That's my perception lah but Mt A is a good choice as the rooms are really huge! Yes his skills are good so no need to worry
happy.gif

Mei:> Wah your MIL so mean!

Snoopy:> I assume it's due to gynae sewing skills as I stopped taking the painkillers on Day 3 when I'm still in hospital. My pain threshold is v low so I attribute my fast recovery due to his skills ;P But of course if you cough or sneeze will still have slight pain at the wound area. I think my hubby paid $5K cash for the 4D3N stay.

Noted that some ladies love the pig trotter dish. I simply hates it! Luckily my CL only cooked once... I only took 1 spoon of soup & wanna puke. In the end I distributed to my relatives and my maid plus CL finished up the rest so solve my problem. I prefer plain food too even though i know ginger is v good for our recovery.

Hi just bck fr my gynae. Still cant see gender yet haha. 10w 2days bb is abt 37mm. Glad everythg is ok. Oscar nxt week! Signed up for the subsequent born incentive. Quite worth it. Got 10% disc for oscar. Makes sense to sign up for it

Hey gals, went to check out confinement food catering sites. Saw newbaby and natal essentials. But their confinement tea portion like v small. 400 ml per meal only. For CL they will boil enuf for whole day. And papaya fish soup catering only give once a week at most. Like v little? And it means breakfast have to settle ownself. Was tempted to get catering but looks like will stick to CL. They prepare breakfast as well, I had Mee suah most times. And they do tea breaks too.

wow! Zelda - 5k for 4d3n stay.. i rmb i delivered #1 in 2007, i only fork out less than 600 cash(rest using cpf) for 4bedded free upgraded to 2 bedded..
1st night stay in free of charge cos only put medicine induce
2nd day afternoon go for c sect
4th day evening ard 5pm go home

in my 4d3n stay there, i got one night alone by myself.

but i dun think got this rate now.. hehe..

GG Lee,
yes yes, I remember having meesua for breakfast during confinement too. If catering then don't think will have breakfast.

Princessy,
that's the rate I got after enquiring with 2 too. It's ranging from $2K-$2.2K.

Princessy:> Don't worry for my previous pregnancy can only c bb when 20wks as she always put her legs close together. I think if boy can see earlier
happy.gif
Yes I think CL mkt rate is $2K - $2.2K.

Ya, now mkt rate about $2k onwards. And some CL will tell u wat they will do and wat they dun do. Actually have CL sometimes also v sianz. Is a stranger afterall. And no guarantee CL good. How u all interview CL? Face to face? Or tel phone?

GG Lee:> Depends if your CL is S'porean or M'sian. If S'porean can have face to face interviews. If M'sian then no choice but to do phone interviews. It's true that there's a element of risk. For my last CL, I took based on my friend's recommendation that she heard her neighbour's MIL is a CL. Luckily that auntie is good
happy.gif
My CL even helped me to train my maid as my maid has no experience taking care of NB. Plus she cook Cantonese style dishes which I'm used to & even cook normal dishes for my hubby & maid
happy.gif
Too bad she's retired. Will contact my friend's recommendation but that CL is a M'sian. My friend is the v "strict" type and she highly recommends her CL so I guess she should be good... don't know available or not nia. If thru' agency, then it really depends on your luck. I heard some CL v irresponsible and lazy... after 2wks, the mummy will sack the CL.

Mei: see that your MIL is not the supervisor this time. old ppl say the subsequent confinement can BU back.

All the talks abt vinegar trotters nice.... looking forward to my MIL's big nice pot

Zelda & GG Lee: my god daughter fall sick because the CL was ill & didn't inform my gf. poor baby on nebuliser for more than a week she's not even a mth old!
this CL was not they intended, but they book too late
so i'll only trust recommendations from frens & relatives not thru other CL

Zelda, Jo, thanks. I got mine though agency last time. Was so so only and I sent her back after 3 wks plus. This round dunno where to find. Jo, your gf CL v horrible le. Shd tell if sick. Not good for both mummy and bb.

GG Lee: BB shit almost after each feed she says again & irritated at BB cry. in the end the parents got to look after BB at night. funny thing is we carry, BB stop & even fall asleep... really faint
+ all the $ spent on PD

zelda - i didnt like the pig trotter dish either but donno why everytime confinement sure got someone will cook and bring over .. my first time was my uncle's wife , my second time was mil .. in e end i made my mom finish it LOL !! cos its over too sour for me

Jo - ur gf's CL so irresponsible , she shouldnt have go since she's sick cos there is a newborn baby there , den did ur gf still pay for the CL?

Daisy: she fell sick after working 2 wks.
GG Lee: forum lor. Hahaa. Yah la her cooking not bad. But CL not means Cooking Lady leh.

Hi mummies,

Had not log in for sometimes.

I remember I pay $3k cash for 3 days 2 night at TMC 1 beded premium room. Natural without empridure in 2010 march.

I had just book a Malay Post natal massage lady.

I'll get my mum to do confinement for me. As the previous time she also did it for me. At least no need to pay so much $$.

Hi all, I m deciding between 2 bedded or 1 bedded in eastshore...Diff abt $730 Hopefully natural birth...
Any Mtb taking prenatal yoga or pilates classes..?
I thinking of taking but duno where is better.. Any recommendation...?

pine : i also thinking to do some exercise but i have to clear with my dr first . i keep on eating ... and i can feel that my body energy not like last time liao ... (maybe i think too much) ...haha

Hi Carice, like you.. I also feel very lethargic, sick, tired, lazy.. Sleep too much mks me feel like all muscle become fats Liao.. Haha.. I think 2nd tri onwards shld b quite safe...
I also experience very dark yellow urine esp in the morning.. Which I m quite worry.. Any Mtb have this prob too..?

hello Mar 2012 mummies,

i have always been a silent reader all these while...bb currently 12wks and 4 day old and completed OSCAR at TMC...=)

Gald to b part of the grp...=) Hope to share pointers, experience and support with each other....=) Happy polling holiday

Pine4ling:> need to get gynae's clearance b4 embarking on any exercises. My previous pregnancy not able to exercise as my placenta was low lying
sad.gif
Hope this time can do some light exercise like brisk walking or swimming. I missed my running sessions till i dreamt a few times that I was jogging. Hahaha... Think what exercise to do depends on ur personal preference. For me I prefer pilates as there's some yoga poses I can't do as I hv slightly low blood pressure.

Hi. Does anyone thinking of cutting the hair super short? I am still considering it. I am only 5ft and small size. My natural hair is a bit curly on the front side
happy.gif
. I did rebond 7 months ago. As doc says I hav to avoid chemical, I won't do the coloring or reboding. Don't know what to do. I want to cut so short but am afraid when the tummy grow bigger it will look weird.

Carice, chrmei, lucky you! I wish I can always zzz after eating but no 1 will keep sticking to me. He dun sleep I also can't sleep. Lucky he took a 3 hr nap yesterday. Sometimes he refuse to nap at all!

Carice: me too, always feeling slpy after food.

Mabel: I need to cut my hair really short too as my mum say confinement can't wash hair, and I m someone who sweat a lot. So now always looking at magazine for nice n stylish hair, so i will not look like a auntie.
happy.gif

GG Lee: I am always hungry after every 1 to 2 hr, but as i git diabetic, I can't eat as n when i like... Sometimes end up my hand tremble a lot.

Carice: I just feel strange... like always hungry yet its like stomach indigestion...

and yes tired easily... and mood zest or energy to do anything... sigh...

Mrs Carice: Yup, y'day I had a full 10hrs of sleep bcoz my gal also zzZzz till quite late. Feel so refresh the whole day!

GG Lee: That's nice. I still can't eat alot but once hungry ms will be here
sad.gif
Yes I agree with you, we 2nd time mummies can't zzZzz much unless our little one zzZzz. Sigh...

mabel: I will cut short nearer to EDD date as short hair easier to maintain during confinement. Even though by then I will be like a huge killer whale & the short hair will make my face even bigger. Hahaha...

huijun: Oh you hv diabetics... better monitor your sugar level esp from 2nd trimester onwards as it may increase. But I'm sure your gynae should be able to advise you on this
happy.gif

Min: It's normal. Hopefully by 2nd trimester we b back to our usual self.

<font color="000080">Last night I cooked a pot of cabbage soup and finished all of it by myself. Wah lao. This craving thing is nuts!

mabel >> If I don't rebond my hair, will look like afro! Really super frizzy type. So bobian I have to keep my hair long enough to tie up, cos the last time I did rebonding was in Dec.

pine4ling >> Are you taking multivits? That can cause the colour of the urine to become quite dark colour, esp if you don't drink enough water.</font>

I have been eating like 6 meals a day. And a lot of durian and ice cream. Cheers having 1 for 1 magnum ice cream and I have been buying each time go petrol kiosk! Think I put on a kg liao. First 12 wks I lost weight due to bad ms.

GG: I also take abt 6 meals a day, but its more like half portion of food each meal so till now still no weight gain. my husband still comment how come bb got grow but i lost weight the last 2wks.

Chrmei, it shows ur bb is absorbing the food u eat! But 2nd tri onwards should put one some weight eventually. My gynae says about 1-2 kg a month is ok. My first pregnancy total I put on 13kg. This round 1st tri I lost weight, last round I just maintain. But I can feel my appetite better now i am 14 wks.

Carice - i'm sleeping more den eating , cos cant eat still due to ms .. guess i gonna have ms thro the whole pregnancy .. lol

mabel - nope , wont be cutting short hair .. i've keep my hair for very long and dont bear to cut short lol..

GG Lee - that is very good appetite of u !! i envy so much .. i always crave for food but never able to eat it , the moment i see the food , i already feel full ..

Zelda: 2nd trimester the blood glucose really go high? Actually I m quite sick n tired of the pregnancy, as i can't eat a lot of food, gotta follow a strict diet n eat almost the same things everyday... Then even eat little, blood sugar also will go up... Haiz....

Btw anyone knows if we can have any chinese herbal soups when we reach 2nd trimester? I remember hearing that 1st trimester cannot 'bu' too much so sort of avoid most chinese herbs. if can then which week onwards then can take?

Hi Zelda &amp; carice, yup maybe I will check w my gynae during next appt if I shld take up.
happy.gif

Hi Daisy, I m not sure.. Might b heaty or dehydration..
Hi tethysea, I m taking vit b complex... Does it affect..?

I m also super tired.. Eat already feel like sleeping... But still no appitite..

<font color="000080">pine4ling >> Vit B will cause bright/neon yellow urine... but I dunno about dark yellow.</font>

pine4ling. just saw this morning, yah after going to pee for a few times at night without intake of water, the last one is dark yellow. usually by then i'm v thirsty, after water next time it's back to normal. your dark yellow is whole day or just like u say morning 1 time?

Hi Mummies to be,
i am selling the following, PM me if you are keen in any

Ardo Calypso Dual Breast Pump at $280
Bought in Feb 2011 at $350. Used for 2 months.

Pigeon Silicone Nipple Shield (x 2) at $2 per pc

Capella Stroller 2009 version S705 (3 years old) at $100

Munchkins Soothing Crib Light &amp; Sound - $15.00

Back