(2012/03) Mar 2012

hi all...
so long nv come in here to chat.....i had delivered my boy on 16mar....
is there another fb grp here???

Princessy: mine average around 600ml a day.

Just went for 6 in 1 at the pd today. Wow quite ex sia, other then the jab, still hv to pay consultation of 55$. Wanna change to Polyclinic already. Anyone knows the hougang one is I can just walk in or must book appointment? And any other Polyclinic has carpark that's v nearby?

Princessy, i latch on, so don't know how much bb drinks.

kepsis, how much does your PD charge for 6in1? NHG polyclinic, incl hougang one, is by pkg, not sure if they hv by per jab. it's best that u call to make appt so that waiting time is shorter. the other polyclinic under NHG is AMK, got very big carpark.

SK polyclinic under singhealth, their 6in1 is per jab, charges is $102.

Bunny_bluey: tks for the info! The jab cost $120, but must pay consultation which is $55, so total plus gst is $187.25.

kepsis, wow... that's exp, imagine 4 jabs, wld be $700+. NHG polyclinic 6in1 pkg only $360, half price, & consultation shd be much cheaper also but not everytime need to c dr, depend on which jab.

If take at Singhealth polyclinic also don't need $300 for 5-in-1 and Hep B.

Hep B $16.30x2 +5-in-1 $87.40x3, total $294.80
Consultation is only $5.60 for Sg children

Sunkissed: I never latch cos I dunno how to.. Lol.. Dunno is I no patience or wat. Somehow for no.1 n 2 both I just can't get the hang of it. Tts y I so envy u all who can latch baby. Sometime feel like I failed my baby.

I also believe that polyclinic nurses are very experience in doing the jabs coz they do it day in day out...

I latch direct. Only pump during the first 2 weeks when there's engorgement. Washing bottles and pump very troublesome and bb drinks almost every 2 hrs in the day...how to pump...and I find pumping very painful

just to share that btwn singhealth & NHG polyclinics, NHG is cheaper cos their pkg price is for 4 jabs which incl the 18mth booster, so $320 for 5in1 (ea jab is $80) & $360 for 6in1 (ea jab is $84.50 as it also incl the 3rd hep b jab). if only c nurse, never c dr, no extra consultation charge.

Hmm our thread so quiet ...

Jts: I've ordered a nursing bra from Emma Jane on asos, Luke it's really as comfy as it looks, will update again when I receive the actual thing.

kepsis, yes, there's a bb fair at suntec this weekend, starting this Friday. unfortunately i can't find any detail.

Kepsis, which spree did you go for the Emma Jane bra? Can post the link here? TIA

i worry my boy not got enuff milk. He should be getting enuff milk...Monitered his weight, on avg he is gaining 235gm per week for 7 weeks base on hospital discharge weight.

mummies, pls share on what do you usually eat for lunch? I have no imagination. Cooked so far - frird salmon and pork slice with rice and brocoli... Tmr i'm having pork ball soup with tofu mushroom mee hoon and spinach. For this, I have to use chicken soup.

I think Broccoli n cauliflower will cause wind so i try to avoid eating coz still breastfeeding. And 'jiu cai' will affect bm supply.

Bunnybluey: oki I'll go check it out, tks!

La_paix: I bought it fr this website directly cos it does not charge shipping. It's www.asos.com or u can google asos too.
I know there's a spree on asos too n I think the organizer has an extra 5% disc, but I did not bother cos I not ordering a lot so I find it troublesome to do transfer of money n then have arrange pick up etc so I just order direct lor

Hi all, have been reading the posts here for sometimes, cos very confuse abt bb vaccine and also getting info abt babycare.

My bb are coming to 2 mth old, so far been visiting PD at TMC for check up but havent take vaccine yet, should be taking jab on next appt which is 11th May, was told previously that whole vaccine package at my PD is ard $1.5k+ per bb which includes some of optional jabs as well. Still thinking to go for poly or PD as I have twins, so pricing and waiting time are crucial factors.

can i check with mummies here, for those who go poly for jabs, do u still visit ur own or pte PD for check up?

Shiko, does the pkg incl MMR? FYI, MMR is free at polyclinic, so do consider taking MMR at polyclinic to save $. Does the pkg incl pneumococcal? If yes, does your PD clinic help to claim fr medisave? If doesn't, u may wish to consider polyclinic so that u can save on cash. For me, I don't bring bb back to PD for check-up unless bb sick or follow-up fr previous consultation.

Hi all mummies,

I brgt my girl to singhealth polyclinic last mth for her 2nd dose of hep b. For jun, i need to decide if i'm opting for 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 out of which 3 jab is FOC. I heard from my cousin that if opt for 6 in 1, baby is prone to fever. Any feedback from mummies who opt for 6 in 1 for their baby?

Also, i heard taking MMR jab may risk to cause the baby of autism. Any1 heard if it?

My girk is coming to 2 mths n my bm supply getting lesser n lesser as i dnt pump regularly. Nw my breast cracked with blood so i stop pumping. Tried latching my girl last night. I took fenugreek but dnt see increase in supply. Stikk possible to boost back my bm.

Keep on latching to maintain supply. Apply nipple cream or bm after latching. I took fenugreek when I had my #1 but also can't see result coz my girl direct latch. Just keep latching, and drink more water.

Mmr: I was worried about the side effects initially but later I checked with my pd, she say it's not really true, otherwise govt would not hv made it compulsary.

Ya I'm very confused about the vaccination too. Wish there weren't so many different types like 6in 1 or 5 in 1 etc.

Kepsis, those how many in 1 is to combine all the jabs compulosry in the vaccination schedule in one jab instead of 3-4 individual jabs.

Hi mummies,
My girl is 5 weeks old & she hasn't pooped for 2 days. Today will be 3rd day if she still doesn't poop. She has been breaking wind a lot & quite smelly. She's on 80% formula & 20% breastmilk. I heard that formula is very heaty & could be the reason why she cannot poop. She's drinking Similac since birth. Her bowel movements was ok until a few days ago.
What can I do to make her poop? Do I need to bring her to the doctor?

Is there any cause for concern?

Shernice, my baby din poo for a week. Went to see doctor. Doc said common for bf babies. But I'm not sure about fm/bm...

Thanks Kepsis. I'm exploring the one-dish meal.
happy.gif
))

I haven book the jab at polyclinic for my boy. Take abt how many days to fix appt? Can walk in? Any1 no??

Regarding MMR, I know mummies used to delay it, worried that bb allergied to egg & previously was only 1 jab, but recently govt changed to 2 jabs. If u not comfortable, maybe delay a bit but hv to take as it's compulsory.

Evelyn, the nurse at polyclinic said only hep b won't hv fever, other jabs bb may hv fever but depends on individual. My son only fever once or twice for the so many jabs he took.

Mrs Liow, for NHG polyclinic, u can call & make appt, but for singhealth polyclinic, u can't, hv to walk in. I prefer having appt made 1st so that don't hv to wait so long. If u r calling NHG, it depends on their bookings, like I called on Friday, they asked if we cld make it on following Monday pm.

<font color="000080"> Evelyn >> My bb took 6in1 last week, mild fever for 2 days. She also took rotavirus vaccine, either that or the 6in1 caused her to have wind in tummy and constipation for couple of days. I a bit regret opting to let her take 6in1 and rotavirus together, maybe too "siong" for the body
sad.gif
But bobian now on this schedule liao.

The study that "proved" the link between MMR n autism has been shown to be a fraud. Autism is thought to be mostly genetic, though certain factors like environmental pollution, prenatal stress, smoking and even vaccines can make it worse.

Shernice >> Can try massaging bb's tummy, sitting bb upright or in squatting position. Nursing also helps trigger digestive system. Another suggested method is let bb sit in a shallow warm bath... but can be messy if it works! :p</font>

Hi mummies,

I've the following to let go:

- BN Playskool busy balls patterns &amp; colours $15
- BN Pigeon breastmilk storage bottles (3pcs) $10
- BN Pigeon S sized teat (standard neck) $2.50
- BN Pigeon M sized teat (wide neck) $3.00
- BN Nuk Anti colic wide neck teat 1 0-6m (silicone) $5
- Tiny Love Musical Mobile $65
- 2 boxes of Tollyjoy napkin liners 200 pcs $10
- 2 tins of NAN 2 400g (exp Oct'12) $20
- Avent twin electronic breast pump full set $350
- Avent refill 10 cups (240ml) $18, with lids $25
- Medela Mini Electric breast pump full set $105
- 2 tins of Mamil Gold 400g (exp Nov'13) $20
- 2 Pigeon pacifier for 8mth+ $7

Kindly PM me if keen/ for pics, thanks!
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, what brand of FM are you giving to your baby?Any feedback on the FM?

I am currently using Similac but thinking abt changing.My boy seems to have a lot of gas nt sure whether it is becz of the FM.

Back