(2011/11) Nov 2011

Jojo

All e best to ur delivery ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kiamkiam

I will be seeing dr John tee later this evening. Dr lim officially transfer me to him last nite in case I go into labour at nite anytime. Has been having cramp, contraction esp at nite so I'm concerned n made him decide for me. My review yesterday at tmc got gd n bad. Gd that bb gained 400+ g within 2 wks. Now at 34wk, bb is abt 1.9kg, much smaller than many of the bb here. Bad review bb is not making much amnio fluid n now borderline case, dropped from 8 to 6.5 level at wk 34. So I think I may just csec anytime next week or following wk. Dun think bb can wait till wk 37 or 38. Dr lim says tmc doesn't hv much blood reserve n both him n head scanner say e risk is 50% for me so better go kkh. Now just hope bb will hit >2kg next week or following wk n he make amnio fluid for his breathing. Now these 2 wk got to be v careful. Think I'm having mild contraction nite n morning these 2 days so it could be a sign. At least I log in dr John tee the dr lim n ur recommendation, I feel better if I need to emec csec middle of nite. Feeling tense now haha. Got to make many visit to hospital these few days to ensure bb' heartbeat ok while pending dr' review n experience. Dunno if I need to go for hospital tour tmw n book bed. Suddenly I feel so lost.

Jojo don't worry, its gonna be fine.. Jia You and update us about your delivery..

Wah! Seeing the mummies here slowly going for their deliver kinda makes me feel excited.. We mummies/mummies-to-be here will be gradually going for our delivery soon too..

Jojo-smooth delivery..dont worry too much,you can do it.you can countdown on hours to hold your little one..pls update us on your delivery.Take care..

Snore

When my hubby snore very loud,i will kick him too.Then when i snored v loud he will elbow me,i v angry to be waken as i had difficulty in falling asleep so now he went to sleep at other room.

Esther-Why is your next checkup in 3weeks time? I tot now have to go for checkup weekly?

Simp,

Take care yourself, are you still working now? Think doctor already give you best advice and transfer you to doctor John Tee at KKH, it is true that KK can provide better equipment and handle those complicated case. No worry... I believe Dr John can do a good job..Jai You yah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Simp,

Oh, how you find doctor John tee? My fren wife wanna choose a gynae at KK, but dunno which one good.

As I use Dr Yu@SGH since no1, thus not much recommend for my fren. if you all has any good gynae to recommend, do let me know. Thks.

Esther,

Yup agree with little bb. Since ur bb is big n u are in week 35, how come checkup is still in 3 weeks time? I thought you should need more monitoring now? I going weekly checkup from week 35 leh.

Simp,

You will be in safe hands, I think go kkh is better for your case. Just be careful n hope ur bb put on weight fast.

Jojo,

So exciting. Have a smooth delivery!

Aiyoh me suddenly having flu n sore throat. Hope I recover way before I deliver. Tmr seeing gynae n am in week 36. Pray hard my bp still under safe level. So happy to go see bb again.. Her movements getting rougher now, make me so uncomfortable. Think my compartment too squeezy for her.

Simp> dun worry too much prof tee is a very exp doc... He will take care of u and bb..

Hospital tour in KKH actually I never go bef but I stay in both their 1 bedded and 4 bedded. Bb can stay with you no matter u shld choose A1 or B1.. Being prof tee patient , u can only chose either A1 or B1 .. There are two kind of package under John tee , classic Package or premium package

Classic package , on duty gyn to come and check u but prof tee delivery for you..

Premium package , pro tee will come and check cum delivery for u..

Bb wt .. Dun worry too much as 1.9kg is closed to 2 kg Liao .. Try to eat more durian and milk bef u delivery..

Evelyn> I transfer over from tmc dr al lim to prof John tee at 19 week aft I got chicken pox in my week 14 preg.. Actually me and simp are seeing the same gyn in tmc.. Due chicken pox, i am given a few senior consultant at KKH to choose .. I choose Prof John tee as my buddy highly recom him .. Prof tee is very famous and experience gyn in KKH but his charges is very expensive which is valued for money..

Jojo, all will be well! have a smooth delivery! Take care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Simp,

I know how u feel as I was diagnosed with high risk for preterm labour at week 30. Baby was below 2kg gynae shared with me all the risks and etc. Since then I am on medication till now at week34 and have to cut back on all physical activities.

Must be really tough for you now. Hang in there! Most importantly, stay positive and talk to your baby everyday.

At the meantime, try to increase your portion in every meal with a balance diet. I eat egg and cheese sandwich every morning. Drink at least two big glasses of milk everyday. I think it really speed up the baby weight gain. If you do not have any health issues and is not too heaty, maybe can take durians. I did not try that but heard is very helpful.

Try to rest at home. Don't walk too much. Take care and jia you!

Esther, it is good to hv a big baby, just that difficult to push during labour. Yr gynae will advise u accordingly so don't worry. As long as baby is healthy, just maintain yr diet. My baby is 2.7kg last wk at wk35 n I m expecting him to come the end of this mth. I hope he can sleep better b4 cny so I can go house visiting n eat all the ny goodies. An excuse to eat more since just give birth. :p

Jo>> have a smooth delivery, do post ur bb photo here. So excited for you. Jia you jia you.

Simp>> dun worry so much. You are in good hands in both your gynae Dr AL Lim and Dr John Tee. AL Lim is a very cautious doc, won't take risk unnecessary. His advise will be best for you. I'm also under his care currently. I do recommend KKH being the best hospital to handle most complicated cases. And since Dr John Tee is so highly recommended by mummies, he will be really that good. You and your bb will be in good hands. Trust them and trust yourself and ur bb.

Do rest more, avoid walking too much as what Dr AL Lim will advise since day 1. Jia you jia you.

Little bb>> not sure about having contraction but not into labour. I think you to differentiate between braxton or normal contraction. Try to time the frequency in between. If it is getting more regular, then I think it is better to call your gynae.

Snoring

I told my hb if he dare to wake me up when I'm in deep sleep. He will really get it from me!!! Hahaha...so I just snore whenever I want....hahahaha. He even record my snoring on his iPhone to prove to me. I told him I'm suffering with his snoring before pregny, so now is fair that he suffer in return. Hahaha. I think I sleep deeper with those soothing music, like in the spa and aroma humidifier. Mummies with difficulty in sleeping, can try it out.

Pre-loved LV Damier Beaubourg for sale

Condition: 9/10

Hardly used

Can use as a diaper bag

Comes with dustbag

Bought at ard $1300

Interested, please email [email protected] for more details.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6152864.jpg]

Dear all, I have been missing for a while as I was busy with my work. How's everyone here? It seems many of you have started the leave. I easily get tired n sleepy these days but I still hope I can save more leave to take care of bb later on. Intend to clear annual leave first then start maternity.

Snore

My hb told me I did snore oso n sometimes i have very heavy breathing . I think it's normal .

False contraction

So far I had three times contraction like feeling. First time I was very nervous n quickly called my friends to ask . It lasted for about half an hour. Anyone had the same experience?

Feet and hands

My feet and hands are very swollen now. My hb says I am having doraemon 's hands now. Luckily now is the last tri already.

Will be seeing my gynae next Thursday n will decide when to start my leave. Excited !

Little bb & babyzel

My doc say it is still ok jus that it worry that I will have difficulty in labour if bb too heavy ..everything so far still ok for him so no need to c weekly jus control my diet ..

Blue dream

Thanks for Yr words .. Feeling much better

Hope everything is fine ..

Hi,

I have the following brand new items to let go:

1) Avent 2x125ml feeding bottles (rp: $29.90) @ $20

2) Avent 2x 1m feeding teats (rp $6.90) @ $5

3) Lansinoh milk bags 50pc @ $15

4) Balneum Intensiv Wash @ $15

5) Physiogel 300ml Cleanser @ $20

6) Physiogel 75ml Cream @ $15

Items 4-6 are prescribed by PDs. Suitable for newborns as newborns are usually born with dry skin.

PM me if interested. Free postage or free delivery in Hougang/ Serangoon North / SEngKang area[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6153219.jpg]

Hi Jojo, have a smooth delivery and please share your experience with us.

Simp,

You take care n rest more, jia you!

SHJEAN,

I'm having swollen feet n hands too for the past few days but drinks lots of water is getting better today. My hubby laugh n said my feet looks like elephant so insensitive! Will b resting at home from next week onwards so excited waiting for bb to arrive.

Simp & Esther,

Take good care of yourselves! Keep your spirits high, will be holding your little ones soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jean,

Thanks for sharing the price list, definitely very useful!

Did a slow 15min walk back home with the hubby after dinner, came back home suddenly have bad cramps-like feeling in my lower abdomen. Luckily rested for a while then the pain went away. Ouch. Really getting less and less mobile as the weeks go by.

Esther-I am not sure why your gynae see you every 3 weeks as normally after week 35 or 36,we have to see him weekly even if there is no complications.When i am in my 3rd tri i see my gynae every 2 weks then after week 35 is weekly basis.

BB weight gain

My bb weigh 1.6kg in week 32,then week 34 my bb weighs 2.3kg.Its like 700g and i only put on 1 kg of weight so the weight gain all goes to the bb.At first i am very worried about my bb underweigh as each checkup only put on so little weight.I had lots of beef,milk,chocolate and durians to pump up my bb and guess what,it works.Still must maintain healthy diet too,i had lots of fruits everyday,i take a stroll almost everyday and i swim though now i cant walked for too long but i still try to take a slow stroll everyday.I cant sit whole day at home,it makes me more clumsy and i prefer to stay more active.

Little bb> ur bb wt really increase alot .. Mine 2.4kg at week 36 week and only increase 0.3 kg every 2 week.. But doc say gd wt for nature birth..

Last night din sleep much as my bb keep moving non stop.. Dun know why she is so busy .. Looking forward to see my gyn on mon..

Good Morning All Mummies,

TGIF...

Just to share yday evening went to Bugis BHG and saw now they are having 20% discount for regular price items till this weekend and additional 5% off if spend over $300 till 23rd Oct[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I also have swollen feets and hands.. My hands swollen till my fingers got locked up and I need to manually open my fingers.. -.-" Yap.. Like doraemon liao.. =(

Up till now I also seeing my gynae on a 3-week basis. Last time I saw my gynae was on week 32. Next would be Week 35. Dunno will change to weekly or not after that...

Yesterday night when I want to go for dinner, my lower adominal started to have mild cramps.. And it lasted for quite some time.. After dinner and movie, it got better. Just that my baby is using his hands to hit all over my lower adominal to make it feels even worse.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ahhhh.. For the wet wipes, I bought in Robinsons that time pack of 3, with a free plastic case at $10.90. I have 25% discount at that time. After looking through the list done by Jean, I felt so cheated.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Rebeana> Liquid cleaner is used for cleaning milk bottle and tit if u wan to buy..

I ask the midwife in KKH lesson bef that Liquid cleaner is not a must... But i still buy for cleaning my bb stuff as i buy before i attend that lesson on bb care..

The old midwife say last time no need to waste money on Liquid cleaner, lotion, oil even detergent .. She scolded me and my classmates for wasting money..

But i still buy becos first time mum is ks de..

Fynn> After seeing ur posting, i realise that its normal for bb to use their hand and leg to hit us all over.. So i can dun worry too much..

I also started to feel mild cramps on and off.. But my husband always say i think and worry too much ...

Rebeana/Kiamkiam

I bought a bottle of Pigeon liquid cleanser also cos was on sale. Although I think when the time comes to wash so many bottles and baby stuff, might forget about using it haha... Quite exp to keep on using it in the long run as well.

Last nite my baby used her legs to kick my rib cage! Painful... Even my hubby says she very violent, so late at nite dun wanna sleep and still moving vigorously all around. But still very thankful, more movements better than less movements. See lah, mummies can never stop worrying about this and that. Must always remind myself to take deep breaths and relax!!

Hi mummies,

The Price list is for everyone to update. pls update for everyone benefits, u can even add in ur other brands and product like milk powder or so. Cos I didnt buy those, so not sure about the pricing. Ytd, I was in my storeroom writing down my other household product picing also. I think I'm getting very AUNTIE!!!!

Of cos swatons that sell the cheap wet wipe, I'm not sure where is their origin, but I guess if 3rd country bb can use, y can't ours. So I only buy one to test out.

Got swollen feet and hands last night too. Maybe after too much walking with my dad at Chinatown. My gal is also having a great time with her gong gong.

So excited, going for 34 wk checkup later at 2 ... wonder how much my gal weighs now, seeing all you mummies post bb's weight very exciting!!

i bought pigeon liquid cleanser too! i think first time mums will b more ks :p

Just came back from gynae visit. BB weighs 2.3kg at week 36. Her major organs are kind of mature le just her lungs still need a bit more maturing. Gynae says my bb not going to be big, prob 2.6-2.7kg. My no 1 also around this range. My frame is small thus dun think I can carry a big bb anyway. Amniotic fluid is decreasing n bb kinda squashed in my tum tum. Space is running out for her thus she dun look too happy today. Haha.

Going to do ctg n dilation check next week. Doc say probably another 1-2 weeks left to go for me. Hooray.. Pretty happy. Looking fwd to see my 2nd princess.

Liquid cleaner:

I find it very useful n use it to wash bottles without fail. Yeah can be quite ex but use sparingly n actually can last for quite a while. I like pureen ones cos they come in mint n orange flavour.

Babyzel-Glad that everything goes well on your checkup & now you can really count down.bb too big difficult to gv birth oso so average is good.Since your gynae is fine wif your bb weight then everything wil be fine too..enjoy the last few weeks wif your hubby.once bb pop both of u wil hv no time fir yourself.

I realised my bb kicked very hard & painful recently,he us getting stronger.Sometimes i felt painful & really uncomfortable but as cynn said more movements better than less movements.I talked to my bb everyday to tel him to head down for me to give birth naturally orelse i will need to csection as bb still in siting position.Mummies enjoy your weekend.

Yiling,

i did mine prenatal since 16 wks till now.. #1 also did my last b4 my c-section

BB weight @ 32wks

was quite disappointed. 3 wks bk bb weigh 1.3kg and today @ 32 wks he oni weigh 1.5kg? gynea say probbably due to stress and not enough rest. my hb overseas, alone w my gal. she sick since sun nite, yest suddenly vomit since 9pm for more than 10x, so scare. quickly call up my cousin who were nice enough to bring her together to e hospital. now preggy and no enerygy to carry her.

her daddy flying bk tonight, din tell her hope to gv her a surprise but on mon nite need 2 fly back again.. wk sometimes no choice ahh.

Hey Fion, cheer up!! My bb is also only 1.6 kg at 31 weeks but dr says its okay leh... Dun worry abt it k... Maybe rest more and eat more. I think bb's weight may suddenly shot up during 3rd tri... Enjy the precious time you have w ur hubby while he's back... =))

Little bb,

Thanks.

Ya nowadays bb kick really hard n so much stronger than before. I was given a chart to monitor bb kicks today. Got to make sure bb kick every hour for at least 10 times. After the clinic assistant explained to me I was like huh then wouldn't I be so busy counting kicks for the whole day? Then I dun need to do other things Liao. I thought everyday got at least 10 kicks is sufficient? But so far my bb really did move n kick at least 10 times hourly from 12noon till now.

Hope your bb guai guai listen n move head down fast.

Going out for some coconut juice later. Hope bb will come out clean clean.

Enjoy your weekend mummies!

Babyzel-I hr must have 10kicks then bb dun need to sleep? I didnt count wor,as long as bb quite active will be fine.I just went downstair shop & save bot thai young coconut,$0.90 only super cheap..

Fion,

Yeah as long as your gynae is happy with baby's weight, it is fine ah, dun worry so much. Take the opportunity to eat more! I'm so enjoying my desserts now hehe....

Babyzel,

Goodness, 10 kicks per hour? Then you very boh eng need to keep counting and charting kicks for the whole day!

Shucks, seems like I'm developing a cough. Noooooo........ I dun wanna be sick at this stage [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Little bb/ Cynthia,

Ya lor, where got so eng? Dunno she told me the correct way to count or not, I seriously think it cannot be 10 kicks per hr.

Went hawker centre n drank my coconut. $2 per coconut n not sweet at all. Think better go Ntuc n get. Cheaper n sweeter.

Cyn,

Me also starting to cough. Starting with just flu, after tat sore throat n now cough. Haiz.. I must recover very fast, no time Liao. Dun wanna cough during labour... Hope we both get well soon.

Maternity leave

Has everyone applied for maternity leave? I still have 8 days' annual leave for this year and our company does not allow us to keep leave till next year. A bit headache how to plan the maternity leave as we must start taking maternity leave once deliver the baby. Ideal plan is to clear all my leaves first n start maternity leave. How I wish my baby can tell me when he wants to pop! Haha

jojo,

hope u had a smooth delivery! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

simp,

take care! i also think gg kkh might be a safer option. dont worry too much, stay positive and i am sure u and your bb will be fine! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hope ur bb gain weight fast!

shjean

i also havent apply for my maternity leave yet. i cannot decide when to take!1 or 2 weeks before edd?

lucky i only have 2 days leave to clear. i tink i will start clearing them by this month.

stretch marks,

argh! i started having stretch marks suddenly in my 35wks! no wonder i find my tummy sooooo itchy. only until i got a mirror to

look at my under belly then i can see little red marks and little red dots. they look like rashes i am not sure.. or my pores..sigh.

my tummy very stretched and itchy..

swollen feet/hands,

i am just starting to see my feet swelling now.gosh they look fat..

bb kick counting,

i already stopped counting already. cuz my bb very active..almost every hr or 2 hr got some kinda of movement and squirming ard for sometime

Hi Twink,

Ya. I regret I did not take more leave earlier. I thought I cant start maternity even after delivery.hai....how many weeks are you now? My gynae told me the due date is around end of Oct or first week of Nov. how about you?

Stretch marks

I got those red colour marks also and I feel itchy after eatting food.

You are lucky, twink! I have been having fat feet and hands about few weeks.

BB movement,

My boy is more active recently also and he likes to kick the right side. Duno why he likes right side...

Hi all mummies,

Just came back with a good sushi dinner with my aunties and cousin...and my gal is really shy with them, everyone trying to feel her but she just lay back relax in my tummy enjoying her sushi. Only kick very slightly after her ice cream. Hahahah...now I'm talking about her, she kick me hard. Seems like she knows I'm talking about her.

Kicking 10 times hourly...will really be very Bo eng counting.... I think as long as they make movements, can Liao ba.

Coconut juice

When will you mummies start drinking coconut juice? Week 36 or 38? Feel so tempted to drink, but my doc say my bb not engaged yet, so I scare I drink Liao, she wants to come out.

Fion, cheer up. I agree with Felixp that you really must enjoy your family time with your hb when he is back. Everything will be alright after you relax. Dun give yourself too much pressure. Rest more and eat more, and bb will grow faster. Jia you jia you.

Cold storage

Pampers active Size S 48pcs at $17.90 till 20/10. Usual is $19.60

Pamper wet wipes with plastic box at $5.95 (local distribution ship)

I will update to the list, mummies, pls also help in the updating. Thanks.

Liquid Cleanser

Thanks all for the clarification. Think I will give it a missed then. Keep having the mentality that no need buy so much for the baby coz in the olden days, mummies without all these can also take care of the baby so well. So don't want "spoil" my baby. Hehe..

Baby powder

I heard from a few mummies here that it's not recommended to use baby powder when they are infants. So what do we use on the baby? Nothing?

Hi Shjean

I have the same problem with you. Initially very "stringy" with my leave so decided to work till the day I deliver but clear my leave as and when now but now, feeling tired and restless, so just heck care take the few days before Est EDD. Take it as a gamble lo. No choice..

Rebeana

It is not recommended to use powder on baby. My SIL tell me to use moisturizer on bb instead. So I bought physiogel for my gal to apply. My SIL is more KS, as she wants to protect the bb skin since newborn. If not, my CL say normally just apply ru yi oil then is done. It is all depends on what you like. If physiogel is too exp, you can try QV, as long as it frangrance free, it is safe.

Fion

Thsnks for your advice.

Keep your mind happy and relax and try to have more rest sure ur bb weight will be good de... take care and jiayou[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Swollen leg

seem like i started to have swollen feet not long once started last trimester le and first still not so bad but now getting more and more swollen plus pain and even now also feel numbness too... especially during nite time woke up for toilet break my leg are so stiff and pain to walk... bascially just feel that my leg is no difference with pig leg... hehehe...

anyway hope all mummies have a good rest over the weekend... take care and jiayou [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

shjean,

ya i tink i quite lucky to only start having swelling now. how to reduce water retention??

me tml will be 35wks and my edd is 19 nov. altho the doc say i might pop 1wk+ earlier so now i also duno if i shld start taking maternity leave after haji or the next wk. how many days u have left to clear? i tink u can quickly start taking 1 or 2 days leave a week to rest and prepare bb stuff at home now since ur edd is coming in 3wks+ time.

does anyone know if i take maternity leave on monday and i pop earlier on sat. does my maternity leave start on monday or sat?

jean,

i think i might start drinking coconut next wk at wk 36.

rebeana,

i also find outt only recently that it was discourage to use powder on bb to prevent inhalation. so i got the kodomo powder lotion and avent body moisturiser instead instead.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

liquid cleanser,

i also bought the pigeon one. i duno if really necessary but i tot maybe just for the first few mths for the bb to let her slowly build her immunity to other chemicals.

Shjean- my bb always on the right side too.Either right side or centre.

Baby detergent

I am using pigeon washing detergent & laundry detergent.

Baby moisturize

Newborn bb try not to use bb powder.Any other recommendations for newborn bb lotion?

Little bb,

baby lotion

organic type will be california, buds, burt bee, Gaia... But I think those r hard to get outside especially when it run out and hb dunno where to buy.

Popular and easy available ones are avent, johnson, kodomo, pigeon....

PD recommended physiogel, qv, centaphil, all in guardian.

Better to choose no fragrance and for sensitive skin. In case bb is born with hypoallergic condition.

Hope this can help mummies to decide. Get small bottle to try out, if ok, then ask hb to buy big bottle.

I read online and they say not good to use powder on baby.. But corn starch powder is ok wor.. Just don't dust it all over till it enters into bb's nose.. I bought pureen cornstarch powder as it is talc free.. hehe!!

So mummies, as for bb lotion, recommend physiogel?? Okok! I go get it cuz I also thinking which brand to get.. hehe!!

Now I started drinking coconut lo every week once.. But I drink it in the afternoon cuz I scared leg cramp if I drink it at night.. Hehehe!! What would happen if I drink too early?? I feel so shiok after drinking them everytime lei.. hahaha!!

Babyzel

My cough is the 'cold' type, drink cold drinks or stay in air con room will activate esp at night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] boohooo.... Yeah let us recover soon soon!

Coming to 34 weeks soon, issit too early to be packing my hospital bag? Lol kiasu.....

Have not started drinking coconut, guess it will be great for today. It's sooo hot I wanna faint. Take shower come out perspire again!

Back