(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi J

Yes, my gynae's nurse already started asking me to confirm the ward I want to be in and my PD. Else they say will have no rooms for me. Paid the deposit today as well.

Hi Ostrich

I've got something really similar! Just that mine is in pink and brown. It's a gift from my friend as a diaper bag and I love it!

Baby

Went for my checkup today.. Baby is now 2.1kg at week 35. Gynae say is slightly small and I asked what can I eat to make her bigger but she say nothing coz my plancanta is not functioning very well to "deliver" the food to baby. That's y baby cannot really eat my food. Sob.. But good thing is she say smaller easier for me but I still wish that baby is bigger.

Heard from other mummies that I can actually ask gynae about baby's features but my gynae say she cannot tell. Sian. Only say baby not much hair. Hehe..

Oh ya, baby is already engaged..

Why am i always awake at this hour! So difficult to sleep,woke up contless times every night.Went for my gynae checkup.At around week 34+,bb weigh 2.3kg.Last checkup which is 2 weeks ago bb only 1.6kg.Just 2 weeks bb had put on 700g,thats alot i think! Gynae commented my bb head is very big again.Sadly bb had not engaged yet.Will have to wait till another 2 weeks to see if had engaged and if not will have to book for cesction.

Went Takashimaya this afternoon,there are 10% storewide for cardmembers.I bot Mustela No-rinse cleansing fluid for bb,its like a shampoo and body wash that do not require rinsing.Any mummies using that as well? Can share? Bot Mustela stretch mark cream as well,i bot 1 tube though its cheaper to buy the twin pack.Going to pop soon so just buy 1 tube is sufficient.So exp the Mustela cream,$59 a tube and last only a month.Bot a infant Stimulation flash cards.The salesperson said since my bb is bbplus bb so the more i should buy the flash cards for my newborn.Anyway whatever that is good for my bb i will buy if i can afford.After that had dinner at thai village restaurant goodwood park as i have craving for sharksfin.At night went dempsey road for ben and jerry ice cream.Took some photos today,had a fruitful day!

Hospital ward

I had confirmed my hospital ward many weeks ago.Nurse booked the ward according to my EDD.Im staying Mount Alvernia single bedded.Do not have to pay deposit at my gynae clinic,on the day of admission then pay the deposit.Clinic nurse said they no longer collect deposit,hospital will collect doctor's fee for them.

Naraya bags

I always bot alot of naraya bags when i went Thailand,cheap and good..Used to have a shop at Vivo city selling naraya products but had just closed down.

Disposable panties

My mil had bot many packets of NTUC 'L' size disposable panties as she thinks im not so fat to wear those maternity panties and ntuc disposable panties quality are actually quite good.I had tried it on but found it quite tight and very low waist maybe because now my tummy very big.Think wait till my next checkup and confirm if im gg for natural or csection before deciding on disposable panties.

I also can't sleep as well, awaken by a big gust of gas from my tummy again, and toilet visit. I think My gal is tired since lunch, we have been whole day outing (full month party....jalan jalan at the Shoppe...then follow by marina barage see ppl fly kite) she has not been as active as last night, do have some movement just now after a soupy dinner.

Seeing the mummies update on gynae visit feels so comforting, that every babies are starting to get ready for their finishing line soon....

Little bb,

Mustela no rinse, I heard from the staff from mum & babies, is also can use for cleansing bb buttock after poopoo. But heard from SIL and her friends, their diaper cream is quite good, but of cos destine is still best for newborn as no fragrance. Mustela stretch mark, is also quite good, but I prefer BUDS smell. I just can't stand Palmer smell.

My bb is also baby plus bb. What kind of infant stimulation flash card you bought? Any brand or tittle??

Omg....dunno what time then can feel sleepy!!!! Later still have to get up early to join my in laws for breakfast!!!

Jean chong - yes yes same with me i was thinking of either bugaboo or quinny cus of the maxicosi adaptor, since i bought e maxicosi pebble frm e recent taka baby fair... lol. cannot do trade. pram is a gift from MIL :D scared she will b hurt even if we exchange it at the store too. 450 is a v good deal for bee!!! ours brand new is nearly triple price. anyway, interesting article on big prams came out in sunday times today ...keke. Yvette is a very nice name. it's pretty and unique and has a sweet meaning. i have not decided my bb's name yet, though we have considered natalie and lily ...

Re delivery - i am aiming to go for natural ... still undecided about whether to take epi! u?? Btw any experienced mummies here can share your epi experience?? isit painful? i m scared of the big needle poking the back. My mum laughed at me when i told her tat..she said, wait til u feel the contraction pain, the needle poke is nthg :p but i'm still scared, hah.

Re Naraya bags - ya it's a shame they closed down the vivocity store, cus if i'm not wrong most of their bags are waterproof... perfect for diaper bags. they are cheap and good! Rebeana, i saw a pink and brown cloth one on their website ... i like it too, but cldn't find on ebay.

Vis - yah, i am quite lucky. very convenient to have GP mummy! she works at e NTU clinic at jurong, but i think u nid to be students or staff to go.

Re sleepless nights - me too. sleepless the whole nite with heartburn plus the hourly toilet trips. i just woke up, feel like such a pig :p dun wan the wknd to end.

HI Rebeana,

Yeah, exactly, was afraid if there will still be one-bedded rooms left for me cos there are so many hot dates in Nov - such as 11th & 20th. If my baby boy decides to pop on those days, I think I can't have a room of my choice anymore.

Since my gynae is like that, I think I shall call up TMC tmr to see if I can book a room on my own.

Hi mummies,

i've a few items to let go.

1)Lamaze gardenbug foot finder & wrist rattle set ($10)

2)Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym ($15)

3)3 tins of Similac Mum, expiring Oct 2013 ($12 each)

Kindly PM me if you're keen.

Thank you!

Ostrich, the doc will admin some anesthesia ard the back b4 he put in the needle for epi. So u just feel needle poking without the pain. If yr pain tolerant is low, than it is good to admin epi early. The nurse advise is if admin early, can wait for the anesthesia doc to come n the medicine will take some time to numb the body.

Hi Everyone!!!

Im looking for Mac Monopoli Stamps

Tanjong Rhu

Thomson Road

Toa Payoh

Joo Chiat

Sentosa Cove

Orchard Road

Admore Park

Scotts Road

Shenton Way

if u hav pls pm me

thanks in advance

Ostrich,

Hahaha, my hb was reading ur reply with me, he joked that is ok u can have the brand tag for both...we just take the stroller!!! Hahaha. He is just humorous. My SILs were commenting my gal Chinese name is so difficult to write...but eventually we still will decide by the no of strokes accordingly.

I like both Natalie and lily, both are sweet too...very ang mo kid style. I actually wanted my SIL's French hubby to give French name, but I Scare the local teacher or her 2 gong gong cant pronounce properly, and will be laughed by others. Hahaha.

Luckily my in laws excuse me for the morning breakfast and marketing with them, heng ah!!! I was liked zombie from 4am till 8am to finally managed to close my eyes....even wake up at 11am still liked panda.

My whole day were my hubby and I were in charge to take care of my two French nephews (2.5 yr and 5 mth). The elder is so sticky to us, can even forsake his daddy, mummy to follow us to kaikai. Just so endearing when he sayang my tummy and say meimei's inside and even helping me to choose shoes for meimei (i was surfing on see Kai run shoe) and he choose a Mary Jane style with light pink ribbon. Very sweet. Then follow by pompom time for the elder boy, he makes my hb all wet, he say JIUJIU, Change! pompom! bubble bubble!!! Seeing all these happening, I am hoping for my gal to be liked both gor gor, so sweet and endearing...easy to take care.

Epi

I think I will go for it, but also thinking to be adventurous to feel the pain a bit ba. Hmmmm...my hb again leave it to me to decide. Haiz. Again I will still depend on my gynae suggestion ba.

Do you gals think we should meet up sometime?? Heehee...

seeing so many mummies closer to edd and bb weighing heavier, feeling excited. this coming wk going see gynea on Fri but very tempted to bring fwd e date. bb gona be 32 wk. 3 wks bk oni weigh 1.3, wonder how much weight bb wld weigh now.

Epidural

I rem when i had my epi, e room was very cold and i tell myself to keep relax and i think i eventually fall asleep for a while, when they st moving me, i realise the epi been done.. so relax, don look @ the epi cos i think its scary.. actually i din see e real thing, oni see from tv.

e last time i did my csection but was awake. this time wld request for full alseep cos #1 wish hb to be ard w me and witness bb coming out.

bb movements

bb seem more active recently and been moving. lucky @ nite st can sleep but do get some cramps.

Maid

thurs agency call me to pay for the maid insurance. althou I hope don wan maid but seems no choice and reality is coming closer n closer to me. now can barely walk.

we stay in EM and bringing down clothes to wash also a diff to me. lucky my girl can help me, we carry e basket together and she been more sensible and help out in her very small ways.

Epidural

I had a very bad experience when doing the epi. I forgot that I have a crooked spine. There's a term for it but I cant remember. So when the doctor was trying to insert the needle, she couldn't get it right. By GOD, how I felt the pain. It was electric currents flowing through the spine! Imagine she only got it in on the 4th try! By then I was screaming my head off. Even my hubby was so frightened. But with all that said, I will still go for it again this time coz the comfort after it's in is GOOD! Really cannot feel the pain and pushing was great especially when I have twins.

Gd morn mummies

These few day I just feel very sleepy.. Maybe becos I am gg to reach week 37 soon..

Pelvic pain

Anyones feel pelvic pain when walking and bb move ?

Backpain and tiredness

Suddenly feel very tired and backpain...

Lucky I am clearing my al now and can rest more ...

Jean chua - haha, oh my french mixed nephews ... and knows how to choose shoes for girls too.will be a keeper when he grows up ;) i think i will try to feel the pain until I feel the first contraction that i can no longer bear the pain, then ask for the epi.

Fion, Sophia - thank you for sharing! Both have very different experiences. Sophia u gave birth to twins naturally??! Wow. That's great! I think i have to be braver and concetnrate on seeing my lil princess at the end of it all ...

Kiamkiam - I feel sleepy and tired all the time and I am just wk 33! I have pelvic pain when I walk around too, I suspect baby is already engaged and pushing on pelvic region - mus find out during checkup on Friday ...U r now 37, so exciting. Baby can pop any moment from now!

Epidural

these days everyone see me will ask me if I will take Epi or not, which makes me cannot decide. I really wish I can try natural without taking the Epi but also heard some stories that did not take epi and in the end no strength to push and have to take emergency c-section. hai..so hard to decide.

Ginger shampoo and other confinement herbal shower pack

I remember someone here mentioend there is ginger shampoo, right? May i KNow where can I get?

My friend bought some packed shower herbs from FU HUA @ 2 dollars per pack. is it expensive?

Ostrich> i am gg to be week 37 on thurs.. so hope bb pop out aft i reach week 37.. But my husband is anxious and he keep asking me to stay at home and can go out only if got ppl accompany me...

This morn i saw some pink discharge so i start google on the pink discharge.. As gyn say on last week checkup that my bb is engaged but not low enough .. expect to see her in end of the month..

Epidu> i will try to bear with the pain first then ask for epidu..

SHJEAN> i buy mine at neighbour herbs shop at $3.50 for pack of two...

Ginger shampoo, my cl say no need so i need buy

Ginger shampoo and shower gel

I order from the bulk purchase from newmummy09. You can search on the thread. But from the recent email from her, the shower gel is currently OOS. Have to wait at least 3 weeks for the stock. Not sure about the shampoo. You can try to pm her.

I guess I will also go for epi. My friend who just gave birth, her contraction less for 36hrs to birth!! Nurses are standby for the OT room, just then her bb pop out... She say she try laughing gas till so high and eventually opt for epi also...

Kiam>> I also feel pelvic pain or sometimes sharp strain. I'm only week 33 now. So I think urs is power already to be able to feel at week37. I think ur hb is right to ask for accompany when u go out. My hb is already asking my dad to tag along with me if possible.

Ostrich>> hahaha my SIL is already being booked for potential MIL among her friends with daughters..I think they will have 'many angle relationship'... Her two sons are just adorable for anyone, she is so worried that her two sons are going to have too many gfs in their pre school!!! Hahaha

Cyn,

You have bought some nursing bra from the forum BP har, have you try out, how is the bra? I intend to buy some too.. But dunno are they good or not. Any recommendation? Thks.

Esther,

Yes, seems your phil maid with good experience, thus may pay more. Hope she is really a good helper to you.

I just call the childcare and confirm that my son and niece can get a seat next year. Just my son need to start coming Dec. By then I may just delivered and doing confinement half way..Thinking maybe better start Jan. Thought he is 4 yrs old and next year will be 5 yrs old, but dun want to let him feel that I'm going to abandon him due to the arrival of new baby..

Haiz, but the CC pic say it is better start the whole class together, need time to let them accomodate the new env too...Think when I visit the centre then decide how to arrange. Sob, if childcare has been settle for 2 kids. We shall just dun hire any maid.

But will still look around for part time maid to help out my mil. Should you have any recommendation at AMK area, do let me know yah.

Evelyn,

Yes usually CC will encourage to start sending in the kids in dec to orientate them so they will adapt easier in Jan. I waited more than half a year to get my dd into her present cc. She started this JUN. Then I knew I was pregnant n gynae suggested sending dd in earlier so she won't feel that she had to go cc due to baby's arrival. I called the cc every now n them to pester them about getting my dd a plc in the cc. Lol!

Epi,

I guess I am gonna opt for epi. I don't want to be screaming my heads off in the delivery room. It was natural w epi for my no 1 n my labour lasted 11hrs. During the 11 hrs in there, i heard really frightening screams in neighbouring delivery suites n both me n hb agreed we made a good choice. Haha. I am glad I had epi as it made my delivery process smooth, relax n painless.

Babyzel,

Ya, lucky you able to pester the cc and get her a seat now. Mine is not that smooth, the current cc though have vacancy but a bit far distance for us. Nearby one my niece may need to wait for a year. We shall put them in the available cc first, once any nearby got confirmed place, we shall change them back.

Epi :

Me too, take the epi for my no 1, at least i'm able have 2 hrs rest with peace [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~ this time round if pain coming and feel cannot tahan, I will straight away ask for it too..

Hi mummies!

What a sleepy and tiring day... My boss went on and on during meeting...Zzzzz....

Epidural

Ermm confirm that I'll be taking the jab, my threshold level for pain is not very high =P This is my first child, so prefer a more relax experience so that I will think of having a second child in the near future! Not that young anymore lor...

My gynae have not asked me about my birthing plans yet or whether I would be taking epidural or not. Hmmm issit necessary to inform before actual delivery?

Evelyn,

Have not received my nursing bras yet cos seller says it's a pre-order, still waiting for stocks to arrive. I think should arrive late this week or next, then I let you know if it fits well.

Been having difficulty sleeping nowadays! No matter which position I turn - left, right, legs raised, legs not raised - always feel uncomfortable, esp my back. Have been waking up early as well cos these few mornings have been thunderstorm-ing, my baby woke up me up with her movements, maybe the thunder was too loud? Hmmm....

Kiam Kiam

Wk 37 already! Almost time.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Epidural

Hmm... for me, gynae gave me an info sheet around wk20 about epidural and other pain relief methods - the info sheet was more on the side effects like shivering, nausea etc. She told me she prefers for me to try for natural w/o epi (though i privately thot i will just ask the nurse to call e anaesthetist there n then if i cannot bear it haha) ....

I asked my gynae nurses later and they said dun worry, no nid to make a decision now. At Mt E, when i am around 3-4cm dilated, the midwife/nurses will automatically offer whether i wan the epi. Just remember that epi can't be given after a certain amount of dilation (forgot...think they said 6cm) - so dun ask for it too late :p

hmmm... Epi ah.. I dunno want or not lei cuz my back not that strong even before my pregnancy.. I scared later the side effects worsen my back condition.. But without epi, will pain till faint ah??? Seems like most of u going for epi..

Hmmm... Nowadays I think my energy bar become shorter.. Today I just went to post office after I woke up, I kept yawning and feels like sleeping again liao.. Haha!

jean

where can we get Ginger shampoo and shower gel? i am using the giner shampoo from bodyshop and was hoping to get a giner shower gel.

Ginger shampoo & ginger shower gel

SHJEAN & Fion>> go to this thread under BP

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/show.cgi?581296/5445476

ThE seller is new mummy, you can email or pm her for faster response. She say her shower gel will reach in end oct. These products are recommended by little_bb (mrs Chong), so I also trying out. Heehee

Energy level

My energy level also gone down liked my 1st tri. Can't walk for too long, will swollen and feels numbs on my hands more frequent now.

Kiam>> all the best to you, hope u have a smooth delivery. It is getting more exciting nowadays....waiting game is beginning.

Hi mummies,

Today went for my checkup, gg to be 36 week soon n bb is weight ard 2.6kg, hv not engaged but doesnt matter cos csect...

Little bb, understand tt u opt for mt a but I hear the reno work is terrible n ur car may hv to park at mitrechi reservoir as the car park is quite limited. I may switch to tmc, still considering...sign..I Reali like mt a n the pd over there is good 2....

Jean> my waiting game is painful as feel a lot of pain in pelvic area when I sit down or walk.. My energy bar drop from full bar to super low these few days..Envy these oct mummies who have pop out and see their little ones..

Hope my gal can pop out soon so I can have more time to accomp her ..

Hi Mummies!

ive the following vouchers you might need it. pm me if u interested. open for exchange for token.

2 x Maternity Exchange voucher, 10% off purchase of maternity & nursing wear & lingerie valid till 30 Sep 2012

1 x $5 Off for any 3 pks purchase of Huggies Newborn 24s or Small 44s in a single receipt valid: 30 April 2012

1 x Drypers Weewee Dry 2pcs in a pkt for 3-7kg

1 x Drypers Soft 2 pcs in a pkt for newborn

Ginger shower gel & ginger cream

I had been using the ginger shower gel for many months,it can get rid of winds so it will be better to be used during confinment.Their ginger shower gel are hotcakes,always out of stock.I had stock up 2 bottles already.As for the ginger shampoo,i am given a small tester,i will not used it during confinment as i have oily scalp.Head and shoulders work well on me so i will just stick to that.Morever during confinment we cant wash our hair daily so i will prefer a stronger shampoo to get rid of dandruff,oil and dirt.As for the ginger cream,i love it! When i have backaches,i told my hubby to use the cream to rub on e aches,will feel very hot at first then i will be able to sleep.After deliver can still use on the tummy to get rid of winds.

Berrypie-My last checkup my bb also havent engaged.Gynae told me to wait for my next checkup at week 36 to see if my bb have engage and if not will have to book for csection.I do hope for natural but if bb head really dont want to go down also no choice.My friend told me that after week 36 there still be chances that bb head will go down saying not sure why my gynae want me to confirm csection at week 36.Oh is the renovation works at Mount A that terrible? Your friend told you recently? I do not want to switch hospital.Dunno what to do now.

little bb

think ur gynea just wana ensure u hv a slot n avoid extra charges under emergency csectiom. was planning w her my cswction dates. she say depend on my health condition, if I choose hot dates like 1111 as long as within ofice hr n its her lunch break no extra surcharge.

Little bb,

My gyna told me tt, even he don't hv the priorty for the parking lot...perhaps I tried to call mt a n c how's things goes..

Shower Gel

If we already have the "Da Feng Cao", do we still need to use this?

Hair Loss

One of my greatest fears these days is hair loss coz I don't have a lot of hair to begin with.. Sob.. Any good shampoo to recommend.. Notice that the seller that sells shower gel also sells shampoo.. Wonder if her shampoo is effective or not..

Mini Electric Pump

My cousin loan me her breast pump since she don't need anymore. Was wondering why do we need to change the breast pump accessories and what should I be changing.. Confused.. Do you all have any idea?

Baby Fair

Can't wait for the baby fair next Sat coz intend to buy the rest of the stuff which I haven got for baby by next week. Things like diapers or whatever accessories.. Or is it cheaper to get diapers elsewhere? What brand do you all intend to use?

Baby

These days, getting more and more excited and looking forward to baby's arrival.. Really can't wait to see her and hold her in my arms.. Keep dreaming of her.. but all wierd dreams.. gosh.. lol

Energy

Like you mummies, also feeling really lethategic these days.. Just feel like sleeping and sleeping.. The other day hubby got me to fold the washed clothes and I say I will fold it in the room (while he is busy mopping the floor).. In the end, I secretly went to the room to nap.. hehe.. He was wondering why no sound from the room so secretly went into the room to "catch" me sleeping.. Say I lazy.. So end up have to wake up and continue folding the clothes.. haha.. Than after that he happy already and I "seeked permission" from him to take my nap.

Told him I feel like a soldier.. Have to seek permission from him to rest so these days, whenever I rest (nap/rot on the bed), I will ask him coz there seems never-ending stuff to do (preparing for baby's arrival/new house) and Im feeling really tired. It does not help especially when I have been sick over the last week and stil not recovering at all.. Hmmm

Work

These days, no mood to work.. Coming here to read about everyone's progress is my only motivation and its exciting and fun to read up about how the other mummies are doing..

Looks like alot of mummies going for c-section. Just curious, under what circumstances will the gynae rec c-section?

Hair Loss

I'm afraid too! Nowadays very pleased cos although have really long hair, never drop much due to all the hormones surge. Gonna chop it off to above shoulder-length soon, cos I'm sure will drop alot after delivery. Was at guardian the other day, and the sales assistant recommended me to buy this Klorane hair loss shampoo to use after delivery. Not sure if it works though, maybe she was just trying to make a sale and I'm easy target haha.

Baby Fair

There is another baby fair? When and where issit? Nowadays not much energy to shop, but if got good bargains will still go.

In my week 33, I read that baby might decrease frequency in kicking or moving around cos limited space. Hmmm but mine still quite active!

Baby fair

21/10 to 23/10 at Singapore expo.I'm thinking to buy diaper there and wet wipes...I already have buggies from the last sale, maybe i will go for Pamper this round. My SIL say Mammypoko cutting is smaller than pamper. But pls take note of that when u gals buying japanese brand. These 2 brand seems liked highly recommended by a lot of mummies....

Shower gel

Is up to individual, since I want to try their ginger cream, so I'm might as well, try the 3 products. Actually I dunno whether my CL will boil enough Da Feng Cao for me or not, so I just stand by the gel in case I really cannot stand of shower once a day or a few days, then I can sneak into my bathroom to use this.

Breast pump

It will be more hygenine to change those parts that are in contact with milk, cos even when we washed or sterelise before, the milk residue will still stay there...normally ppl will change the breast shell, valve and the bottles (bottles-can still be washed and sterelise if it is lightly used. If not try to get the new ones)

Can try to look out for those parts at the expo sale. The last one. Medela has a booth there sell at offer price.

My numbness on my hands is really getting into me, the frequency is getting higher. Even sometimes using chopstick, also will feel numb.

Looking forward to my gal arrival too, I also dream of weird dreams. I wonder will she be so active as she is in my tummy..

Rebeana>> did you see GP or gynae for your sickness?? Have to rest more and drink more water. I also kanna flu le, maybe of the wind this few mornings.

Pedicure and hair cut

I'm so lazy to book my session for all the grooming...hair cut, pedi mani, waxing, eyebrow trimming.... So tired to go out without car. My hb need to use the car as he is currently have night class after work. Can't be as mobile as before.

My activity at home now, is reading the forum and nap. Hope more mummies will continue to write more and share with us.

Baby Kicks

Hi Cyn, according to my gynae, the frequency of kicks will still be the same..

Baby Fair

It is on the 22 and 23th Oct at Expo..

Nail Clippers

Which type to buy? The scissors or nail clippers type?

Hi Jean

Did you take plenty of milk or are you taking calcium pills? I have numbness sometime ago and its driving me crazy.. Thats when I stopped my clacium pills.. I started taking it again together with at least a cup of milk a day and it seems to be getting better.. Try taking more milk to replenish the calcium we have lost ok?

Breast Pump

Im thinking of getting it from the seller in this forum. Not too sure which is cheaper.. And thanks for letting me know what to change! Definitely helped!

Lazy

Me too.. So lazy to go out without car nowadays and keep thinking of cabbing but I control.. So still going back to take public transport if I have to travel alone.. Hubby say I "ka huay".. Cannot stay still.. Like to go out instead of resting at home but actually not. I prefer to stay at home and rest but the thought of not being able to have as much freedom as before after I deliver makes me want to go out as often as I could..

I told myself after my confinement, must go for facial, hair color, hair cut, pedi, mani and buy lots and lots of clothes.. Feel that I look very auntie these days.. Already wearing my mum's clothes coz she is of bigger size.. lol.. coz didnt really buy clothes for my bump during the pregnancy..

Cyn> my gyn is always encourage his patient to go for natural.. I am think of c~sec or induced aft suffering from pain in my pelvic area.. So I forward my appt a few day early as I wan ask for either pain killer or c~sec or induced birth at week 38..

Ginger shower and shampoo

I dun intend to buy but intend to buy the cream and bent to slim down the tummy..

Grooming

I am gg for dental and a hair cut later as scare later must bear for a month..

Contraction

How is contraction feel like? I only have tightening recently ? So not sure as my first bb..

bad day for mi today.. flu n coughing for last 2 days but today worsen.. have to drag myself to work cos of the stupid HQ quarterly reporting..

tml is my appt n scan ... looking forward to c my gal gal.. i book 4 bedded while i was in week 22. the nurse say dun need to pay anything till the day i delivery..

baby kicks,

she is more active at night , making mi very difficult to sleep..

i keep complaining to my hubby saying that i very scared of labour.. but still anxious .. i not sure if i should tk Epidural anot.. izzit very painful?

counting down...

Yeah sometimes I feel rest at home too much also boring cos not much to do. Was out with friends the other day to gossip and chit chat for a few hrs, came home in better spirits. know that such chances to hang out with friends will get harder once the little one arrives, better treasure.

Nowadays my emotions also see-saw. Sometimes really happy when baby moves or responds to me, sometimes worry about labour pains and how to take care of baby. Haha really not easy, luckily got friends and this forum to share our fears and know we are not alone.

Feeling so blur now, didn't sleep well and super nice weather. Zzzzzz......

Baby kicks

Recently I seldom feel the kicks, but I do feel her turning, maybe she sense the cool weather recently, also laze around ba. This morning, my hb can feel her heartbeat when he places his palm on my tummy. He ask if is it heartbeat, or hipccup...I think is heartbeat since is faster.

Baby fair

Already booked my hb on for sat shopping!!! He asked if need to take leave since he has to work half day, I say no need... Mummies, save some diaper for me...dun buy too much...hahaha

Nail clipper

I bought pigeon both type, short tipped scissor for newborn, and the nail clipper when u r more stable to handle. My CL should know how to use, but not sure she prefer which type, so I bought both.

Numbness,

I do take my pills daily, but not the milk cos my doc ask me to stay away as my sugar level seems increasing. Hmmm....hope it will be better after birth. And I do have water retention too....unable to wear my wedding band and most of my shoes.

Breast pump

Buying those preloved ones, definitely cheaper. If you want to get brand new, buy from oversea spree is cheaper but no warranty and has to use converted plug ba. So it better u check out more before u buy. If there is hand me down ones, use them since we r not sure if really can have enuff BM to pump for long or not.

Slimming

What kind of belly wrap are u gals getting?? Any suggestion? I saw on the oversea spree on CLINCH belly wrap, then this ginger seller also have belly wrap...my friend use OSIM belly wrap...not sure which to buy since now I cant try.... Any experienced mummy suggestion??

Grooming

I definitely going for hair colour after confinement, all my grey hair has been out for this 9mth. It is getting on my nerve. Look so auntie also, everyday wear big tee and yoga Capri pant, specs, hair clip on my fringe. So auntie, no make up... Go market also like that with my trolley and that small purse. Hahaha. Maybe going to ask my hairstylist to make my hair more funky...hahaha and I'm going to buy more clothes for CNY, to be a hipped mummy showing off her bb...heehee

Epi

I think dun think too much first, if really can't stand the pain, then ask nurse for that.

Dun make ourselves worry mummies.... Try to relax and enjoy our last stage of pregny... Definitely going to miss this period despite of the pain that many of us are suffering...this is the only period of our alone time before our prince and princess is born. Enjoy!!!

I thinking of napping again....heehee..the weather is too cooling le...shiok shiok

Keen to take maternity photos? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My friend gave me a $50-off voucher that can be used to offset any package here: http://dphotofolio.com/packagesb.html

My photog friend has just taken for me, so I can post this to anyone keen [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The expiry is 31/12/2011... By then we'd be done with confinement! LOL.

Best time to take is now, since our bellies have bloomed nicely. My friend’s photos (taken 1 week before she gave birth) are very nice, but note they charge hair/makeup separately.

PM me bah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] First come first served!

Hi mummies,

Just gave a call to my CL regards on the herbs to purchase they are as follows:-

Red date tea

-Red dates with seed 红枣(1-2kg)

-Black dates 黑枣(500gm)

-Tang Sheng 党参(class 2 type)

-wolf berry 枸杞子 (big size)

-Dried Longan 桂圆肉 (china made)

To boil together with chicken or pork herbal soup

-Huai Shan 淮山(200-300gm)

-Tang Gui Head 当归头 request to slice (100-200gm)

-Black Fungus (black/white side) - consumed after 2wks delivery

-Black Bean

Pre packed herbs at traditional medical hall

-Shen Huo Tang (max 2 dosage)

Shower - Da Feng Cao (roughly buy 2-3weeks supplies) since first week can't shower only towel wipe.

PS: My gf use 60 packs during her confinement cos she wash her hair every alternate day, and she get uncomfy with hot weather.

Baby items:

-Ru yi oil

-Shampoo cum body wash

-Cord spirit to clean the cord (some hospital will provide alcohol wipes upon discharge)

-wet wipes

-Cotton ball or cotton pad

-Cotton bud (extra thin tip and middle size tip)

-body lotion if you all want (frangrance free for newborn)

According to her expertise, diaper will need to change a lot roughy about 7-8times/ day if BF. The biggest sizes for newborn diaper is Pamper, Huggies S size is roughly Pamper NB size. So pls take note when mummies are buying to stock up. My CL advise to stock up size S(1-2pkt) the rest is size M.

I hope these info help mummies to get prepare. As for the herbs to attain their freshness, it is best to keep in fridge.

hi mummies,

what a lovely weather today. i love and hate rainy weather cuz clothes cant get dry but its cooling for us.:p lately feeling very hot easily. Totally cannot sleep properly if without AC. sweat alot esp at the breasts cleavage as we sleep on our sides and that makes my chest hot and itchy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

nail clipper,

me also bought both types. See which one is nice to use.

Bb fair,

I wonder if this fair is good or same as last one which was disappointing. Hopefully got more stalls selling diapers. Can mummies here kindly post online and tell us what is on offer? my hubby not keen to go down again this time. he say wont save much one quite waste time to go down cuz can get from NTUC. i have a feeling the savings are quite substantial leh..

grooming,

I will prob cut my hair short in end oct. Definitely facial after confinement. So long never facial! luckily now my complexion now is not so bad i hope after giving birth to my girl i wont pop any more pimples. I heard having girls give mummies nice complexion but having boys will give breakout?

Epidural,

I have always wanted to try go all natural without Epi to experience childbirth, prevent backache and save $$ also but after hearing so many ppl taking epi,i have a feeling i may also take. keeping my options open now.

Hi mummies,

I think we should start consolidate those prices of individual bb products in excel format. Then we can know what is the price of diaper, fm, shampoo etc... Then it can help other save a lot when there is a sales for those products.

Jean - tat's a gd idea but wher to share? I've compiled a list but for diapers only. Not on all brands cos cant rem so many prices at once. And thanks for sharin wat herbs to buy! i gotta call my CL too it seems!

Twink - agreed.. so nice to sleep but cant wash bb clothes.

Kiam - happy for u! thou it's uncomfy and unbearable, at least ur bb at the right weight and wk38 is near. I hope my bb weight will gain more so i can induce at wk38 too. if weight still small then i've to wait longer... so u r in a v gd situation! dun worry too much!

Lookin forward to my scan tis Thu.

where do we get the FM for newborns? how come all the website i go to dont have any product for below 6months?

cyn,

I dont find the bb movement reduce but the movement pattern is different maybe due to her increase size. the movements are now not sudden jerks but alot of stretch movements that will pause there for awhile. weird and cute feeling lah. haha.. cant wait for her to be out cuz making my tummy painfully stretched at times but i tink i'm gonna miss this feeling.

Iselle> drink more milk bb can grow faster as my friend say milk is as gd as durian.. Bb will grow faster aft third trimester if u eat more gd food and tonic..

Twinkle > I heard from a lot fm company that they are not allow to adv for infant fm from 0-6 mth... So they din post online their product.. I buy pro 1 for my bb as I will be drinking dome at night during confinement so bb cannot drink bm for the last two feed due to alcohol content in bm.. So I will have pump out and throw away ..

Back