(2011/11) Nov 2011

Pigeon disposable breast pad

Dear all, just to share that kiddy palace now got sale for the breast pad. 8.90 for 42 pcs. I rem I bought one pack at taka bb fair is about 11.00 or 12.00 bucks

Maternity pad

Any idea how many should we prepare? I got total 30 pcs now. Is it enough?

Btw, thanks god this morning my butt pain seemed to be better although still a bit uncomfortable.

Baby clothing / towel / bedding washing

Have anyone started washing all these things? Not sure if should use machine wash or hand wash . Any suggestion?

Haha I start washing as I am 32 week.. But yet to finish washing and organizing ..

Breast pad

My frien say ask me to buy two boxes.. I have white color discharge on and off .. So I also used to protect my clothering..

Tonic

I stop all tonic when my third trimester start as old folks say too much tonic bb will be too big.. My bb are quite big as she is 1.8 kg at 31+ week..

Vomit/ dirrehea

Any one have on and off vomiting and dirrehea?

I vomit abt 3 times per week and have dirrehea on and off..

Worse these few days aft I catch some flu bug.. Super sick

And tired ..

Hi mummycasse n kiam,

I think I should start washing oso coz mum n mil say oct will rain a lot. Do you use machine wash or hand wash?

Hi kiam

How many weeks r u now? I stopped vomitting after 4th month but if I eat garlic I will feel like vomitting oso. My bb hates garlic [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Recently many colleagues got flu also. Must take care and drink more water.

Hi,

SHJEAN

Mine was machine wash unless some delicate material den will handwashed..cos too many le..including somepass down so quite alot....

I havent started washing bb clothing yet.I am still busy with my nursery room though bb wardrobe had arrived.I will machine wash with bb detergent probably 2 weeks later.I want the bb clothing to smell nice nice when i put on him..

Haha!! I also inthe dilemma to wash those clothes or not... Think i will wash them in oct then when i will be in my 31 weeks... Want to buy rompers long sleeves in spree also for my bb... Hehe!!

Anyone hv urine leak ah?? I have a bit when i bend lei... Sianz... Now tummy super big though i am only in my 27.5 weeks..

Oh gosh... I am like drinking birdnest everyday lei... My family brew one... Not good ah???

Anyone didn't get a bed for ur bb?? My hubby bro said dun buy... They let their bb sleep on the floor... But i scared lei... One accidental step on the bb then no chance le... -.-"

Thanks mummycasse! Ya I think have to use machine also but will use baby detergent[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear mummies, what r u planning to wear after delivery? My hubby said must buy sarong for me to wear coz the wound has not fully recovered

Hi little bb n fynn

I can't wait to wash bb 's clothes also. Really looking forward to seeing my first bb.

Urine leak

I will have it when I feel like vomitting. But not too much also. Hi fynn, urs will come when u bend? Is it very frequent or not? If just few times think no problem.

Bird nest

I take almost once every two days also but not too much. I think it should be ok

Baby cot

Em... I do not agree with the idea to let bb sleep on the floor unless the bedroom I'd very spacious n very minimal furniture . And the floor might be too cooling for bb.

Fynn-I had bot a bb cot for my bb.Had ordered but wil arrived next Saturday.I saw a bb changing stand at ikea.I think its great as can put bb on the pad while changing.Can also put all the necessary stuffs like napers,oil,lotion on the shelf,more conveniente.Do not agree to put on bb on the floor,dangerous and we cant possible bend up and down.

Yupyup forget to say use baby detergent..

haha missed out ..anyway now i am with no2 ...

my no1 alr use normal washing powder le...

Fynn (fynnie)...i think can invest in a cot /playpen if u wan for easier usage my no 1 still sleep in cot nowadays ..=D

Washing

I've washed my 1st batch of bb clothes / towels/ etc with pigeon detergent powder using washing machine. I put them in laundry bags. After that, still receiving hand-downs / bought online, i will hand-wash a few at a time. =pp

Changing station

I also saw ikea has a few changing stations. One of them is on offer at $59. I think dun need invest too much $$ on a pricy one as bb will outgrow the station very fast. I think it's a good idea to get the changing station as bending down to change diapers at the cot can cause bad backache. =( But my room is running out of space after placing the baby cot, cupboards, shelves ... Will go ikea take a look again bah =pp

Baby's body wash

Anybody using or bought J&J body wash? I did but my friend heard that J&J not very good - true?? She is asking me to buy organic or avent instead?

Washing

Havent start to wash the clothes yet. Still gathering the clothes from ppl that want to pass to me. I didnt buy much for baby clothes as MIL keep telling me baby grow very fast. Will see how it go.

Sleeping

Frien pass me baby cot and I put this at my mum's house while my own house, I bought a playpen, 2 in 1. Not a good idea to put baby on floor as year end, floor might be cold plus air con.

Baby's body wash

I bought the J&J body wash when I saw the offer at kiddy palace few weeks ago. Ya some say not good, some say good. Almost all my friends are using this for their kids. Depends on your baby skin, they might sensitive to it. I will try out and see how it goes.

Baby clothes washing

Ya, I do started do the laundry on the baby clothes, some used baby clothes keep from my no.1 need to soak a while and hand wash as there is some stain since long kept. If those pass down and easy to wash I will use washing machine.

Cot/playpen

Will use the playpen for my baby gal sleeping, when changing, maybe put her on the bed ba.

Yesterday went for a prenatal massage, really relieve my water retention on foot and back/bottom pain. though Bottom pain still there, but have a good sleep last nite. Not sure how big is my baby now, shall wait 32 wks to do the scan then know..

I also using J&J body wash for my no.1, really depend on baby skin, if not sensitive type it is good to use [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~ Like the rash cream, I also using Drapolene, think if really with serious rash, just change to Densitin or other better choice lor..

Hi Mrs Lim, hmm, thanks. I also think it will depend on individual bb; some are okay with certain brands while others may not be.

Hehes, i didnt buy alot of clothes as well. But still, with the towels, handtowels, etc, all add up to quite alot to be washed. I havent even wash my cot mattress covers yet.

Finally its another 1.5 days to the weekends. Finding myself dragging to work everyday and walking becoming more and more of an uphill task. =( Some days i will wake up with abit more energy while on other days, i will wake feeling listless... really unpredictable! I But still gonna 'dong' for another 10 weeks!! Time really flies...

ML / CCL

I have clarified with my HR. I must take the 8 weeks (i.e. 32 calendar days)of ML before i can take my 6 days of CCL. However, after my CCL, i must break the leave by coming to work for minimumly 1 full day. Afterwhich I can take the remaining ML flexibility (i.e. counting working days only instead of gg by calendar days). My EDD is 20 Nov. In order for me to fulfil the 32 calendar days of ML plus utilise the CCL before end of 2011, i must start taking my ML by Early Nov and come back in Dec to break the leave -- still considering if it will be worth the trouble coming back =(

Felixp,as i'm doing confinement at my mum's place, need to bring over to her side and wash. I havent pack and bring over yet. need to arrange soon...

Ya same as u, sometimes wake up with full energy but sometimes like today look restless. Plus having cramp today. More sian...

Coconut Juice

I have already started taking coconut juice. Almost once a week but take during the day and avoid taking at night coz will cause cramps. My mum and relatives told me to start taking and increase the frequency later part of pregnancy.

Materinity Pad

Which type should we get?

Baby Clothes Washing

I haven started washing yet.. Plan to only wash when my carboard is here.. Think will do so in early Oct.. 1 mth before due date should be fine else dirty again le..

Bird Nest

I seldom take bird nest but have just bot some and mum will brew for me.. Colleagues told me its good so I will take ba..

CCL

I have checked with my coy and they say I don't have CCL for the year..

Chicken Essence

Little bb, why are you taking chicken essence? Is it good for baby?

Hi Fyn

I also agree on not letting baby sleep on the floor. So heartpain and you are right.. What if we accidently step on them? And also too cooling and uncomfortable.. Don't feel cosy. I have bought a playen for my baby gal, haven set up thou..

Baby clothes and bottle detergent

What brand did you all buy? Kodomo? Will you all be buying bottle detergent as well?

Baby Wash

I saw the J&J body wash and plan to buy but so many types.. How do you know which to buy? Is it the transparet yellow top to toes one? I don't intend to buy the organic ones.. Keep having the mentality that the more I protect my baby, the "weaker" she will get as she is not immune to all the "virus" and "dirts" and will fall sick earlier when she grows up.. hehe.. But of course, will still do with the standards..

Rebeana

Coconut Juice

wow so fast. I scare too cooling. havent start yet.

Maternity Pad

Not sure which to get too.

Baby Wash

yes I bought the one you mention, transparent yellow top to toes one. True i have the same mentality as you. Later protect too much, she is not immune to the virus and dirt.

Hi mummies. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hopes everyone doing well.! Been really busy with work.

Baby clothings

Will be washing the clothes this mth end. My cousin suggested all to be hand washed. While my mummy say its fine to wash with washing machine and baby detergent is not needed because during our era of being a baby where got all these stuff. Ask me dont come up with all the patterns this and that.

However, i do feel a baby detergent is needed.. What do you mummies think? Is it important?

Baby cot/playpen

My bb is actually going to sleep on my bed or floor because the room we are having now cannot fit in a cot or playpen. Am feelin quite miserable about this. But my mum say i have to get over it and how unnecessary it will be for me to use a cot or playpen. Sleep on floor also fine.. Hai.

Baby bodywash.

Any mum getting kodomo? I thot of using kodomo for the bb but not sure if its going to cost more or worth it than j&j or not. Heard j&j can make a bb's v rough but i used to use j&j when i was a kid too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Emotions

I have been getting v emotional these days and crying seems to be taking place easier than before. Sometimes will be angry over sth but dunno how to release i end up crying in bed alone. Then feel v sad for awhile. And maybe becuz of so many things to buy, am feeling stressed from e financial strain on my part. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thou hubs still show tlc, he's not taking it quite well sometimes and think i dont wan to be pregnant. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] quarrel twice over it ler.

Shjean: Everytime after go toilet, will have lor... Little bit lah.. No matter how hard I try to squeeze them out when I am still in the toilet.. They still leak abit when I stand and walk out of the toilet.. -.-" So sad...

Little_bb: My dad wants me to get a cot.. haha! He also sayang his grandson if sleep on the floor..

Baby wash: I saw in either this month Motherhood or Young PArents magazine, they recommend the J&J top to toe wash as it is used by most hospital for newborns.. Will buy in Oct.. Now buy too early for me liao...

Pauline: No worries lah.. Cuz now we are staying with my family. My baby is going to squeeze with me n my hubby in a room.. No space for a bb cupboard.. Only manage to squeeze out a space for a cot.. However, once the cot is in, I think, I must think of ways to open and close the windows liao... Emotional wise, I also keep tearing and Xin Shuan.. I dunno why but just felt that way.. Maybe I am going on no-pay leave soon and soon will meet with "financial crisis".. Haiz.. Also nervous about labour.. And also the health of my bb..

I am in week 31 now and have started washing batch 1 & 2 of baby clothes. Another batch of clothes to wash this week or next. Towels, pillows n receiving blankets are washed too. Today washing the car seat cushion. I need lots of sun to dry the cushion.

Next will be to bring back my old bb cot which is still at my in laws place n wash the cot bumpers. I very kiasu, better to do all these preparations than leave it to last min. While I still got the energy.

Re: body wash n shampoo

Been using california baby shampoo n bodywash for no 1 till now. She's turning 3 in oct. Will be using it for no 2 too. Hb wants me to use organic products for the kids as he read that most shampoo n body wash contains sodium laureate sulphate which is industrial grade chemical n not good for bb. Organic products are exp but guess will still use till they are older then switch to normal shampoo n body wash.

Maternity pads:

I am using the pureen ones, super long, thick n good.

I use kotex loop type for no 1 but find it quite mafan.

Fynn,

I dun feel comfortable letting bb sleep on the floor. Like not very safe n moreover u got to squat n bend to carry the bb n it can be bad for ur back.

Rebeana-I am not so sure about the benefits of chicken essence actually.My mum took chicken essence during pregnancy as a form of bu.Before i pregnant i also took chicken essence once in awhile esp when i am tired.

I never buy those maternity pad,i only prepare overnight pad.My sister told me if csection,we wont be needing the maternity pads as the bleeding not alot.Some said the bleeding depends on individual so if really bleeding alot then i will tell my hubby to go down to the pharmacy and buy.

Pauline-I do think a baby detergent is needed.New clothing are very dirty even if its store inside a plastic bag,.I used to have a shop selling baby children clothing so i know how dirty it is.Pass down clothing also very dirty as it is kept for a long time and also have a smell.Baby skin very delicated,i even bot some organic clothing for my bb.

Hi little bb,

Em... Did u ask them? I got it from Tampines watsons. Think most of the watsons n guardian or utility should have. Dun worry.

see mummies buying things also made me KC. yesterday took leave to go buy @ tiong bahru plaza - tom & stephaine but realise its close down.. sian.. wasted a trip.

tomolo taking leave and going to jurong pont, hope can get some stuff i need

Hmm actually depend on ur edd..

Thoses mummies whose edd is early nov like me will start set up and buy things .. cos only left one month plus so must ks and get everything ready ..

I still in progress of setting up confinement auntie room and washing the bb wear .. Hope to complete everything by mid oct as I will be 37 weeks by then..

Bath

I will bath everyday with herbal bag as I really cannot stand dun bath.. Wash hair can wash with normal shampoo or must use dry ones?

Fion-Tiong baru plaza tom & stephanie had closed down,takeover by john little.Before it closed down,they have clearance sales and i bot some bb stuffs there.I live opp tiong baru plaza.

Bath

I am thinking to shower every 3 days but my MIL told me can shower everyday with herbal bag.I was like WOW,i tot she will restrict me for showering for a month...

Wash hair

I intended to wash my hair once a week.Heard that most impt is hair cannot let wind go in.There is a lemongrass shampoo for confinment but i am not suitable so i will use head and shoulder.One week then wash hair sure gt dandruff and oily.I will also use the dry shampoo.

SHJEAN-I just went Watsons and guardian to find,only found their shampoo but din see the dry shampoo.I din ask also,nevermind i will go look for it again.

Washing bb clothes, items etc.

I have started to wash some. Will lug back more of my dd' clothing from my niece and wash them. Dun know when i pop so i thought now wk 29, gd to start to wash and set aside. I used machine wash with bb detergent.

Pauline

I am hormonal before preggy every month and with this bb and a preschooler, my hormones are very erratic. On days, i just get irritated, impatient for no reason on anybody near me. On days, i get so depressed, sad and cry even watching tv. Then i hear and watch from tv that preggy moms can have very bad mood swings and usually our families have to bear the brunt of it and understand. My mom, mil, hb, dd, almost everybody in my family get it from me. Hope u will realize it is normal and not something unusual.

BB wash

I use california bb shampoo body wash on my dd when she was under 1yo. After that i switch to kodomo wash as i like the scent haha. I still use kodomo for my dd and will use on my bb if he is not eczema pro.

Wash hair

Last time, i only got to wash hair after 2 or 3 wks. Cannt than especially u need to visit gynae and pd for follow up. I pity them to stand my smell. This time i plan to use the ginger shampoo wash everyday. My mom ask me if i need the herbal tea since ei have cl. Maybe get her to buy and use both herbal tea and liquid ginger shampoo and body wash. Dry shampoo, i think need to visit those chinatown or chinese medical hall in neighborhood stalls to check out the availability.

wow, so many of you started washing baby clothes already! i think i should start washing soon after i get a cupboard and baby detergent cuz no place to keep the clothes after i wash them. i still have not buy cupboard yet only manage to order a baby cot.maybe will go ikea get some plastic cupboards..

babywash

is the J&J top to toe wash non-rinse?

Dear mummies, tks for sharing the information abt bb clothes wash. My mum will start washing soon. We will use machine wash with bb washing detergent. But for those Muslim wrap I scare the machine will spoil it. Anyone got Muslim material stuffs oso?

Coconut juice

Any idea where to get better coconut juice? Ntuc got? Or fruits stall?

Maternity pad

I got 3 packs of kotex. I also heard from friends pureen one is good. Can get from kiddy palace

Disposable panties

I have not bought yet but wondering if I still cam fit into those free size one or not.

Bb wash n shampoo

One of my friend recommend mustela n I bought body wash , newborn shampoo etc. But later on I feel it's quite costly if going to use it for long term. I agree with those mummies' opinion, it depends on individual bb. If they can use j n j, it will be gd! so I bought one small bottle of j n j yellow color one oso. I want to try if my bb can take it or not. I oso heard many friends use kodomo n the price is reasonable. Anyway if they can't use j n j, we can use oso so it will not be wasted.

Shampoo for confinement

I got three bottles of dry shampoo already . But some of u mention got lemongrass or ginger shampoo? Where to get ?

Emotion

I do find myself become more emotional n sensitive now. Especially my hubby needs to go overseas for work. I will miss him like hell n sometimes I also will cry for unknown reasons. My mum says during confinement cannot cry as it is bad for eyes. And as the due date is nearer n nearer. I am really looking forward to seeing my boy n I was just thinking i might not be able to leave my bb at home for biz trip next time. Maybe my boss will fire me soon . Haha!

Nursing cover

After searching around for the nursing cover, today I finally bought one from mother care . My mum is shock to see the price as she thinks it's just a simple cloth but it's impossible for her to make now oso. The one from mother care can be packed as a pouch so it's easy to carry.

Outfit on the discharge date

Any idea what to wear when we r discharge from e hospital?

hi girls! I'm up pumping so thought come in for a quick chat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks for the concern towards baby Ree and I. So far she's doing fine so it's just waiting for her to gain weight now.

Re: maternity pads

Hospital will provide, so don't chiong to stock up. Can use normal Kotex pads but get the longer and thicker types.

Re: dry shampoo

Heard a lot of negative reviews abt this! Used already scalp got even more itchy and oily plus the powder sticking everywhere. I've been washing hair and bathing on a daily basis. If u really can't manage to do this, then best tie/bun up hair. Better than using dry shampoo.

Re: coconut juice

Can get from supermarkets. Buy those young coconuts and open them yourselves.

Re: baby wash

J&J ones are really not gd. If u read the ingredient list u will know why... A lot of artificial chemicals that will cause harm to sensitive baby skin. There will be chemicals like methylparaben, ethylparabens etc. These are industrial preservatives which are no good. Brands like California Baby, Gaia, Mustela, Burt's Bees etc contain none of these.. They are more expensive but worth every cent and a little goes a long way! Try buyin from iHerb. There are a lot of wonderful organic products and mummies and babies there. A brand I absolutely love is the Earth Mama Angel Baby. Have a few products from that brand, including my girl's bottom balm, my nipple butter, shower foam and bottom spray for episiotomy wounds.

TGIF everyone!!!

I'm also feeling very empotional, depressed, stress and upset lately as well.. 1 momemnt I can be smiling but most of the time, Im always worrying and feeling stressed.. Especially with work.. Even when Im not working, Im worrying and stressed that I might have forgotten to do anything, or worry coz I seem free when I feel that I should not be and all and stress myself leading to sleepless nights.. Really hate this feeling..

Im now panicking.. Seems like I still have not gotten ANYTHING for baby and my due date is early Nov.. Panick mode starts..

Hi starry , tks for your tips and glad to know ur bb is doing fine. I am sure she must be a very pretty n smart gal.

TGIF everyone ! But this morning I felt I might be sick very soon. A bit sore throat n feeling tired now . Sigh

Hi Morning Mummies!! Yes is Friday, Finally!!!

Yesterday cannot sleep again. Baby keep kicking me in mid of night. Then 2 hours looking at my ceiling.

Rebeana - Not to worry. Me also early Nov and i havent start to wash baby stuffs. Take it easy. Don't stress.

starry,

Wow!!! Very nice pic of you & the baby!!! Must be hard to cope with 2. Sigh! I do hope I can cope with 2 well next time. Can't imagine me taking such photos but with panda eyes.... haha. I think maybe must ask my hubby to take this type of angle next time so that the camera won't shoot so much of a tiring mummy look. :p

Has been disappearing from here, but still read the thread sometimes. Baby moves a lot in my tummy. Yesterday went to see gynae & he wanted to take 3D pic, the baby camera shy, suddenly use his hands to cover his mouth area. End up never take.

Feeling very tired lately. Either because tummy is bigger or caught a cold from my son. Very serious blocked nose. Now my bb is 1.8kg. Doc said is an acceptable weight. Any mummies here care to share how heavy is the baby (according to what the doc estimation) now?

Rebeana, just go kiddy palace n search for all the things u need. Baby cloths can buy a few n some can buy fr baby fair if any. Do stock up diapers as newborn need to chg often. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, long time nvr come into the forum. TGIF! Baby princess kicking me all night also. Always wake up at 3.30am to go toilet and stare at ceiling.. Haiz..I havnt start washing bb clothes as well. but lucky is those pass down are already washed and i just need to go thru it with warm water. Most likely will use machine to wash it (after cleaning my washing machine though). Haha..

Anyone thinking of getting home based assignment doing ML? I guess i need to find someting to do for these 4 mth before i got too bored... :D

Yap, 1 day, I will be making a trip down to Bugis (wholesale baby clothes) and Chinatown (cheap baby products) to stock up. The rest will stock up during Baby Fair in Oct then.. Have bought wall decals for my little gal, can't wait to receive it and start preparing my nursery.

How are you all going to prepare the room for the CL? I plan to let her sleep with my baby but I don't have extra bed, only matress but worried that she will not like it.. What do you all think?

Its finally Fri! Like you ladies, sleepless night and always waking up due to toilet trips or coz baby is kicking.. Oh ya, I notice that whenever I get very hungry (not just normal hungry), baby will kick and move non-stop making me feel worst.. hahaha.. Do you all feel that? I noticed it a couple of times coz sometimes too hungry but stuck in a meeting cannot go for lunch..

Hello Mummies,

All of u seems well prepared.. I got alot of things haven buy, I going to faint soon..Recently become more n more emotional, very easily get angry n frusted.. I feeling very stressed . It is normal that my baby gal is kicking non stop, cos I can c my stomach movement without touching it?? Tml I going for doc appt,hope everything goes well.. My last visit, the doc comment that my baby gal is overweight by 100grams.

Baby Clothes: Well for me, i guess i have enough of buying and pre-own one. Collect more than a box which can cater for my princess till 9mth old! LOL. Prob during maternity leave (in dec), then i go shop for her new year "decoration".. haha

Chinatown (Cheap baby product): Do you know the address? I only know that I will be going down there to buy my confinment herbs (Just tell them herbs for confinment, they will pack for us for a month supply). Will share the address once I am there. I need to get some other stuff like bb wash/detergent etc..

Rebeana, yup.. my bb will kick me when she is hungry. Or rather its not kicking now.. She is stretching! My "hdb" flat not enuff space for her, therefore she keep hitting the wall. LOL

Esther, ya.. i agree we get more emotional. I will wake up in middle of nite thinking of $$... As bb came unexpectedly and we just got our new flat, it's really tight on us. Hence, family support is important. I will not cry on my own. Will call my hubby or tok to my mother. They will console me and i be better.

BB kicking at this stage is good.. i heard need to count that they must kick more than 10 times a day. But i always lost count coz she kick almost every hourly! Lol.. 100gm should be ok rite? My fren's one overweigh of 400gm! (other weigh 900gm @ 26 wk, hers is 1.3kg!) Now doc dun allow her to eat sweet stuff. Poor thing.

Good day mummies!

TGIF~!! worked until 9 plus last night and was at work at 8.30 already.

Think i am working too hard.

Thank you for all the replies on the emotion thingy. Thot i was going to get depression, its just our babies toying with our hormones. Hope sudden saddness from no where will end soon.

Baby kicks

He is kicking so much i lost count too. if i were to follow the at least 10 times a day quota. i think he wuld have easily fill up the quota for 3 days already. =) and yes he moved alot more and kick harder when im hungry but not free to leave work to eat.

Should we start a table soon on which doc we are visiting/delivery hospital and our due date? or is there one already? it will be nice~ =)

and of cuz i hope all of us have a good weekend and better sleep. =))

Back