(2011/11) Nov 2011

Ssbaby

Where are you getting your herbs from.? any chinese medical shop also have or must buy from specific shop(better prescriptions)? is there a price range we should look out for?

Thanks in advance!! =)

Pauline, try not to work too hard. :D Well, i am lucky to have this job where i can be on SMH and FB most of the time. :p Was in event mgt and now is low period. My bosses arent going give me take charge of any now coz i might go pop anytime. But hor, times flies very slow.. So sian. I remember there is a table, however, long time never update that too. :p

As for the address for herbs, i pending for the reply from my fren. Will update you gals again. Prepare about $200-$250, should be enough to buy for a month supply. I am not sure if ur confinement lady is ok if we buy liao and ask her to cook. Coz may not be all know how to cook it. But mine is like, u buy what, she cook what. Lol.

Thanks Ssbaby

What kinds of herbs to buy?? I hear that we must bath with herbs..

Do u have a list of herbs to purchase ? For consume or etc la.. Cos i reali clueless abt herbs..

Herbs for bathing - heard in Malaysia it's 50% cheaper. A fren went in ther often so ask her to buy for me. it's pre-packed into individual bath portions and all packed into 1 big pack. No need specific prescriptions. i tink it's quite cheap, 1 bath portion abt a few bucks only. Not ex de.

Yes any chinese medical shop in Singapore will have.

Ssbaby - same here! bb moved all night and made it hard for us to sleep. Hiccups also last more than 1min and sometimes so hard my whole body hiccupped with her

Leak - i noticed i've leak everyday and i din even noe im leakin!

Butt, bottom, back pain - told gynae and he told me to do mat exercises and go swimming

Washing baby clothes - i intend to handwash using baby detergent as i read somewhere washing machine is actually traps more dirt and bacteria cos all clothes including socks, underwear all throw inside to tumble. So i tink beta to handwash till baby mth 3 or at least 1st mth where CL help us wash. Will ask hubby to start to wash some next week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Curry - heard that Indian curry will loosen up cervix muscles so easier for us to give birth. Reco to eat only after wk 38th when baby considered full term.

Went for checkup yesterday. I'm in wk 30th and baby weighs 1.3kg. Doc says usu will give birth 1-2weeks early and baby est 3-3.5kg in wk 40th.

Esther, the herbs i am toking about is for consumption one. Not sure about the herbs for bathing. let me check and get back to u. Eh, i duno what to buy, that why go to the shop and ask them pack. haha.. hassle free ma.. Lol..

Is-elle, my cousin in law did tell me before that go malaysia buy cheaper & better. He say will get for me, but hor now my cousin preg again. I doubt he got the time to go in n buy for me loh. I tink i go check on the add..

Pains - I facing pain at my knees. The weight is abit too much for my knee caps. (well i have some bone history b4 also la).Guess will start swimming since after 7th month! hehe

Washing bb clothes - my inital plan is to wash via hand. But its really too much. Hence, my mum brought me a powder to clean up the washing machine drum. So I will wash it one time off with hot water (lucky machine got hot water input) and then subsequent wash will go through hands. Agree on the bateria esp when hubby work under hot sun every day. Yucks! Cant wash too early coz will trap dust from my neighbourhood as many unit are still renovation. So have to wait till prob oct then wash.

Curry: Yummy.. okok.. i ask hubby bring me eat curry after 38 weeks.

Toking about food.. its Teabreak time!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my workplace is pretty much stress free, just occasionally workload will increase alot. OT also not bad, i keep consoling myself about the extra money thats coming in..

Herbs

Oh im talking about the bathing one. Consumption wise im just going to rely on the food, DOM and longans drink. :/

Not getting a CL as my mummy/grandma and mil will be doing it for me.

Swimming.

It relieves alot on the backaches.. As the water can support and relieve our body from gravity while we float in it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Intend to go today but because pregnancy. The bikini top can no longer cover up e boobs properly. So not going ler. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Don intend to buy a new set cuz its not cheap and the money can go towards the baby lo. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Curry.!!

Very excited when i saw the word. I been having curry every week since mid aug. >~< didnt know we will be encouraged to eat curry.! Im currently into my 30th week ler, another 2 day hitting 31st ler. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] v happy eating curry is good for us.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Herbs:

ANy recommendation on what kinds herbs to buy for consumptions.

Food:

Dun know is my stomach senitive or what.. LASt few weeks keep constipation n diarrhea on off..Already c normal GP, but she advice not to eat it if necessary. So plan to ask my gynae this sat.

Maternity pad

I will suggest use those stick on maternity pad, think mothercare should have, maybe at least prepare 1 pack. For natural birth, the bleeding can be quite a lot for the first few days.

Actually, my first pregnancy is come with waterbag burst initially, my water leak is quite a lot and together with blood, thus use the maternity pad and it absorb well. That time my hosp only provide loop maternity pad is very inconvenience, worse more I dunno how to wear yah.. haha..

Esther,

Do you have CL or mother/mil cook for you?

Last time, my mil do the confinement for me. She will prepare the herbs for my soup. Common herbs I know we can buy is red date + Gou Qi + dried Longan for our everyday drinks, it will boils everyday, if can drink can try drink more, as it's good to build up our milk supply with more drinks.

For soup, depend what kind of soup will be cooked. I remember that time mil cook peanut chicken feet soup, fish papaya soup. Cannot remember much on the herbs soup, think can cook those herbs chicken soup as well..Some CL will cook the fish or vegi then put with some Quo Qi too..

I have engaged a CL for my 2nd confinment, will buy the ingredients and she will cook for me. Sob, will prepare the red date, Quo Qi and dried Longan first..

Evelyn, I have just hire a maid instead n plan to order confinement tingkat for 1 month.

I dun think both of them know how to cook + they r both working , so i order tingkat instead.

starry

what pump are u using? thou this my #2 but seems so long ago liao and inexp. I din use electric e las time and was thinkng of getting one to try

bb stuff

juz back from Jurong Point and gotten some stuff. realise things are much more ex than 4 yrs ago esp e avent pdt.

Sore throat

Any idea what to take to cure sore throat at the beginning stage? I do not want to see dOc unless very serious . Tks

Esther,

Since you order the confinment tingkat, as I saw their menu before, then you may dun need to prepare the ingredient yourself already. Or you just want to add on some more herbs to Bu your body?

The shop for confinment herb is call Long Ma (龙马), located at Fu Lu Shou Building - near to entrance at basement level. Quite crowded, so we will not miss it one. :D

SHJEAN,

My chinese sinseh teach me use salt water to rinse the throat. For a cup of water, put 2 teaspoons of salt.. Then rinse with your throat, remember dun drink it yo, too salty. That time, I also started with sore throat, try this method when I feel itchy on my throat.. will rinse it 3 or 4 times in a day when not feel well. It do helps.. then also need drink lots of water and cut down the heaty food...

If start with cough, I will eat the Eu Yan Seng Bi Ba Gou as well..

Wah... Just a day didnt read the thread and it became so long!!!

Hmmmm... AnyOne wants to cloth diaper their bb using bumwear or sgbum??? I am still thinking...

Wah... Some of u going swimming?? Hhmmmm... My gynae advise me not to move ard as I have cramps and abdominal pain which comes on and off everyday... So, skipped the swimming part... Haha!! I walked to lot 1 library only also almost faint due to pain and giddyness lo...

I started feeling giddy and headache too almost everyday... Anyone also??? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Mummies, so glad tat we get to share so much in tis forum. With my belly getting bigger it really tiring to go shopping jus came back from kiddy palace bought some items got to start packing my delivery bag. Can't get to sleep at night too cos baby kicking in every position, gg to toilet so frequently too.

SHJEAN: im having sore throat too,have being drinking manuka honey with lemon to soothe my throat.

Dear mummies, thanks for your information. Hope I can recover soon[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Enjoy your weekend !

Me too.. I felt so bloated.. N then bb keep kicking n stretching.. Felt so tired yet cant sleep. Btw, can any mummies advice if i can opt for epi now, but if din use, will they charge? I still want to go for natural, only worry if really too painful, last min need epi, i cant get it on time..

Avent Pdt

just to share, I hv been trying to fig out e diff btw Avent Isis Uno and Avent Duo... my dotter tell me uno = 1, duo = 2.. its Spanish!!! Avent Isis Uno = 1 Single eletric pump and Duo = 2 Electri Pump... she learn the nos by herself from watching her fav Dora

Weekend again! Just back from karoake session at kbox.Had a great time.

SHJEAN-I had sore throat last week with a slight cough.I drank lots of warm water.I took Mac lozenges and cough syrup before i sleep.Avoid heaty,fried,chilli foods.The Mac lozenges and cough syrup prescribe by GP so pregnant can take.Must take good care of yourself,dont let the sore throat become worse as it will lead to cough and cough very difficult to heal.

Swimming

I love swimming.I swim every weekend ever since im preggy.I took aqua aerobics class for preggy so i had learned some safe stretching exercise that i can do esp having cramps and aches so the stretching will helps to losen abit.I can sleep well at night after swimming.My gynae advise me to swim too,he said swimming is a good form of exercise for preggy.There are quite alot of shops selling swimming costumes for preggy.Not very exp,i bot mine for about $60+ i think.

Baby movement

Sometimes i can feel my baby move alot but sometimes i can hardly feel my bb move for afew days.

Chinese herbs

We can get the chinese herbs bag for showering at medical shop,just told them for confinment use and they will know.

Nursery room

Had almost completed my nursery room just waiting for my baby cot to arrive next Saturday.Had also ordered wall decals think will arrive this few days.Had bot a single size bed for my confinment lady,a bb wardrobe,a bb display cupboard with attached baby changing board.All in white colours.Once my baby cot arrived i will wash all the bb clothing and keep inside his wardrobe.All his stuffs which i kept at store room i will start to pack and put in his room.I had almost got the stuffs needed except some small items.Infact i think i overstock.I just realise that i bot alot of baby clothing,about more than 30 different sets.Diapers oso afew cartons as i bot it during motherhood expo sales.I hope to faster get everything done so i can relax and shake leg waiting for arrival of my baby.Also to spent some quantity time with my husband as after bb arrive,we wont have time for each other.My husband had suggested to book a weekend stay at a hotel after we had got everythings done.

Have a great weekend mummies.Be happy,be positive.Dont think too much,we must be glad that we are finally counting down so we must cherish this period of time.Having a bb inside of us is simply amazing...

Shirley,

At this point I don't know how it's really like handling 2 yet! Hahaha!! Maybe later stage when Ree comes home bah. Scary yet looking forward to it at the saw time. Hope I can cope!

Fion,

I'm using Medela Freestyle. Did u fully latch on your baby? Cos I cannot imagine pumping 8x a day using a manual pump! Arms sure break. Lol!

Fynn,

My mom has been cloth diapering my babe since she was 4 mths old! Bought many pieces of blueberry minkies (http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/Products_3/Pocket-Diapers_2/Minky-One-Size-Cloth-Diapers_3) and she looks awfully cute in the pretty prints! She will only wear those disposables at night and on weekends when we are out. It's a hefty investment initially but worth every cent! After using for more than half a year the diapers and inserts are still in perfect condition. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ester

saw u just hire a maid. can u share on teh charges to engage one?

MAID vs NANNY vs CL

been struggling for almost 3 wks on this prob. nanny is coming close to 70 and been taking care my gal since she is 2 mths, now she is almsot 5 next Feb. nanny niece pop #1 last oct and nanny agree to take care my #2 popping in mid nov. however, 3 wks ago, get to kw her niece expecting #2 and wld pop ard Mar next yr.

so cant imagine how is nanny going to take care 4 kids next yr by Mar12: Mine #1 5 yrs old and #2 ard 5mths, her niece #1 ard 18mths and a NB.

worse, nanny don stay near my house (but near my wk place which i intend to quit next yr) n my hb new job sting tomolo wld rerquire him to go overseas as and when. and i no guts to drive!!

hb say don get CL which easily cost close to $2300 for 1 mth, might as well get a maid thou upfront close to $5k which can last for 7mths, avg(ard $900 initail charges, $3k for ard 7mths salary + ard $1.1k for 7mths levy, avg $750 mthly. not only will we save on the nanny charges, also on the PT cleaner charges and solev logistics prob.

i been putting off maid employm for last few yrs as really don wish to hv 1 due to personal reasons.. seems 'huan jing bi ren" ahhhh

DANS SERVICES at Jurong

btw, anyone happen to use the above for employing maid? was searchin for maid and found they only hv filipino maid and the bio data seems very updated..

Hi Mummies,

Sorry for the interruption. I am a Jan '11 mommy who is letting go of a brand new lucky baby playmate (with pictures of animals printed on it)at $25. Orginal price was $30.

Also letting a baby swimming tub( used only 3 times) at $45. Bought in March '11 at $70. Self collect at CCK MRT or delivery can be arranged at $5.

Do PM me if interested. Price still negotiable. Thanks for reading.

Hello mummies,

My sore throat is still there and these two days felt extremely tired n sleepy. Not sure if it's the sore throat or the bad weather. I saw haze is here again

Shjean-Yes yes terrible haze...did u drank lots of water,if can drink more warm water & avoid fried,chilli,heaty food..If u dun hv lozenges,can take some strepsils but dun take too much in a day.

Maid

I am also thinking to hire a maid after my confinment.Dont really trust maid but wat to do,no one taking care of my bb.

Hi little bb,

Thanks! I have been drinking a lot of water. I got pi pa GAO candy. Is it ok to take? Just had a nap n felt better.

Maid

I do not like maids and I can't imagine we need to stay with one stranger in my hdb flat. Thanks god both my mum n mil r willing to help out in the future. However I do understand sometimes we got no other choice but to choose a maid. I got friends even havt to leave the maid n bb at home with a camera just to monitor. If one day both mums really can't help , we might send bb to infant care / child care. Currently we got one part timer to come once every week n we have confirmed CL.

Anyway I am sure all of us can overcome all the obstacles.

Hi mummies

Everyone must take care of urself .. So very fast we can see our little ones..

Today the haze made me cough a lot.. So I hide in the indoor .. I wash the hand down bbwear today and wonder how my bb look in the bb wear..

Also start packing the bb stuff and preparing the confinment things .. Cos today I really have a gd rest as my bb din disturb me last night .. Realise bb will sleep alot if I move alot in the day and night time move and kick the whole night..

Name of shop is joo Huat trading, B1-23

Sorry ladies, my fren gave me the wrong add for herbs buying.. The abv is the correct one at fu lu shou complex.

hi mummies!

hope everyone had a great weekend! i just had my chkup yday at wk 30th and baby has grown so much! bb head has gone down! yippe! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my girl is now kicking and moving more. suppose to count movements of bb must have at least 20 in 12hrs.if not must call back clinic for checkup. Doc say mostly will give birth earlier than espected ard 1 to 2weeks. i cant believe time to EDD is getting closer..and i havent prepare the bb room yet!

baby stuff shopping

i didnt have time to go bugis so went amk buy. bought tops and some long shorts, hankies, towels, bedding set,bedsheet,waterproof mat. cant imagine buying all these can cost almost $300 and still not done yet! got bottles, detergent, pacifiers, some more toiletries and accessories not bought yet. stress!

oh! i also bought a big aluminium pot for boiling the herbs for bathing during confinement.

little bb,

where did you order your decal from? i am thinking of getting some to paste on the entire i piece of wall as wallpaper. duno if my hubby noe how to paste such a big piece of sticker.

Shjean-Yes you can take pipa gao candy,i took it too when i have sore throat.

Twink-Glad that everythings going well for your gynae checkup today.You can consider to get the wall decals from http://www.decorettestore.com/ & http://www.creativewalldecal.com/

This afternoon i went to Kaki Bukit hyperstore to get some stuffs for bb.After that went to my in law place for dinner.My mil bot so many stuffs for bb.Think around 20sets of clothing,20sets of booties and mittens,6 towels and some baby toys to hang at the baby cot.I think i had a total of 12 towels and loss count of clothing.I must stop buying,i had overstocked.Maybe because this my first bb,so tends to just buy when come across anything that is cute.

i have a "craving" for bb goft sets clothes which usally inc a set of romper, plus mitten, booties, bib n hat.

when i hv my 1st, i gotten prelove clothes for her and buy a few sets of the gift sets cos find its so cute.. this time rd also the same but boy clothes seeems boring.. other than blue i turn to white or beidge. gals clothes are more fun, any color just as fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wedding Ring / Accessories

Oh for 1st time mummies, if u have not 'remove' ur wedding ring, do rem to take ur ring on and off to ensure u can take off during delivery.

been reminding myself this 'finger exe' to done once in every few days, just in case till delivery cant take off.

my gf says she took off her in earlier stage of preg and later cant wear after gv birth.

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

Baby's Weight

Went for my checkup on Sat. In my 31st week and baby weighs 1.4kg.. Finally baby is at the acceptable weight (past few times slightly below average) but I gained too much weight so my gynae got me to cut down on my carbo... hehe.. But the thing is I feel that I don't eat a lot coz I keep having influx, so not too sure whats the reason of the sudden increase of weight..

Herbs for bathing

When I met my CL the other time, she gave me an empty packet with the herbs describtion as sample and got me to buy.. So I will buy that..

Herbs for consumption

You know, I felt so silly.. My hubby's aunt recommended this CL to us saying that she has this "secret receipe" that is very very good for the health and body.. Apparantly her daughter (my hubb's cousin) bought it and she felt really "strong", no pain, no backaches, bla.. So I actually went to engage this CL as well and got her to buy the herbs for me.. End up together with all the other herbs for the whole month cost me $700! Im not that good with herbs so Im not too sure if its of good quality but according to hubb's auntie, it is good but if my mum got to know about it, I will be in deep trouble.. Coz she always feels that we should not listen blindly to CL. $700 for herbs is really a lot.. heartpain..

ssbaby

So envious of you.. Boss is still giving me new jobs to do and Im so worried what if I suddenly deliver.. He arranged someone to take over me when Im gone but I think the person is quitting soon (which I can't disclose that to boss yet) so am not too sure how.. But have already prepared my handover file so in case if I suddenly deliver, there is a backup.. Kinda worried..

Emotions

Yes I did mentioned I get more emotional lately but the weekends got worst.. Can be very happy 1 min and very depressed the next.. Whats worst is that hubby is not understanding and ignore me thinking that Im trying to create more problems for him.. Lucky thing is he left me alone till I sulk myself to bed and appealse me the following morning.. But then suddenly feel that there is no "sparks" in the r/s and he is not excited abt baby.. Not only that, worried about baby.. Worried about her health and everything.. Just worried and constantly stressing myself but have to pretend to be happy coz thats what everyone told me to..

Loop maternity pad

What's that? I intend to use normal pads, those for night use..

Been reading this thread for quite a while. My EDD is on 4th Nov. Just went for 32 weeks check, baby boy is 1.8kg and is in the anterior position already. Seems like the little fella is all ready to see the world. OBGyn says I might pop early. Hubby keeps asking me to pack my hospital bag first.

Like most of you, I have been busy preparing for the baby's arrival, with daddy's help of course. Reading all your posts here keeps me sane actually. First baby and not to know what to expect but the thought of seeing the precious little one spurs me on.

To the mummies here who are worried about one thing or another, please try to be more optimistic! I think the baby can feel our emotions...

Super fearful of birth actually, opting for natural without drugs but most of the birth stories i hear is emergency c-sect cos cervix not dilated enough. Well, praying hard!!

Its a brand new week, and we all are getting closer to d-day. Have a great week ahead mummies!!! Be strong for baby!

Fion

It depend on the agency u choose but normal it add up to 3k plus including agency fee, medical fee/maid replacment fee.. I have gathering several maid agency n their data. If u wan i can drop mi a pm , i will email u ..Reagrding abt Dan Service,their service is quite promt but I cant find a sutiable maid for them (I have the fees n charges)

I choosen a maid fr Recuitasia , the staff is very friendly. As i new to hiring a maid, she explain to mi in details. I pay $3288 in total (exclude levy)

Little BB

U went Kakit Bukit hyperstore ? Is there selling alot of baby stuffs n the price ok ? cos i stay jus opp there onli but didnt got a chance to go there..

Rebeana

I jus went to c doc on sat, my baby gal is 1.4kg at week 30. Guess as my doc say i put on too much weight but the baby is normal size.. My baby gal's head already in position down ..

Jus hope everything goes well..

Rebeana, is this ur first pregnancy? If so, take it as a lesson learn. After this time, u know what to get for the herbs liao.. I am also in my first preg. So this CL (vegetarian as i am one) i am engaging is already engaged before by almost 10 of my different frens. So agar already know her pattern and what she need for confinment.

As for my work, well, i just change job last yr. Abit dun use to the "eng" feeling after hectic working life of 6 yr. prob its god's arrangement for me to slow down my pace and do my national duty lol.. Else, i am stuck at previous job, i guess i will be in depression now.

Rebeana, is this ur first pregnancy? If so, take it as a lesson learn. After this time, u know what to get for the herbs liao.. I am also in my first preg. So this CL (vegetarian as i am one) i am engaging is already engaged before by almost 10 of my different frens. So agar already know her pattern and what she need for confinment.

As for my work, well, i just change job last yr. Abit dun use to the "eng" feeling after hectic working life of 6 yr. prob its god's arrangement for me to slow down my pace and do my national duty lol.. Else, i am stuck at previous job, i guess i will be in depression now.

Esther Goh- I think kaki Bukit hyperstore gt quite a variety of bb stuffs esp if u are looking for stroller.

I have been having camps at my tummy recently and also some discharge which makes me itchy.

Hi Mommies and welcome new moms on board,

Today is mid-autumm festival. Went to buy another box of moon cake on sat and almost finishing all by myself. Hmm for those with bb and little kids, mid-autumm is fun for them. I only like the eating part [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I bgt from garden pastry on the yam, walnut and mini lotus moon cake. Tasted ok at a good price. I also tried the peony snowskin mao san wang and 717 mao san wang, they are all good but din buy. Maybe i shd next year. The recent box i bgt from this store at the hong lim hawker centre. They have no sugar lotus and their traditional nuts moon cake is nice. So i got them and green tea and price reasonable. Next year may get from them for my mom and inlaws though no discount like the big players on credit card.

Rebeana

What kind of herbs did ur CL buy? I plan to ask my mum to buy the herbs for drinking like the red dates etc and the herbal for washing on top of the ginger shampoo and body wash. The rest i think will get mom and hb to go mkt to buy fish, veg and pork. I dun know if CL will be the one doing the buying poultry and herbs so i thought easier for mom to buy and let her cook and prepare.

BB stuff

I am rushing to wash the clothes as soon as possible and hopefully can start to prepare my hospital bag this 2 weeks to get ready.

Realised i still have things missing out like the wet wipes and towels for my bb. I have got these for my dd now but i though need to get some for bb as well. Bb clothes, i realized i have the bigger sizes mainly 6m and above and newborn, 0-3m/3-6m clothing seems min like 7 pieces or sets.

Those whites and nappy cloths which are yellow and refused to turn white after bleaching are put aside as last resort in case i run out of clothing. I dun feel like letting my #2 wear yellow white or use stain clothing. My dd has everything new last time and this time, bb getting the preloved. Im ok with preloved as it help to save some cost but 不忍心 to let bb use stain/yellow whites. What is the feeling of the rest of mommies using preloved clothing. Wanna see if I'm too sensitive.

Counting down

I think this is really getting closer to our delivery dates. Those with kids already, how do u prepare them for the new arrival. I have a feeling my dd will be extremely upset if half the time I'm need to attend to bb. I dun wan her to feel unloved. U know how kids are with parents' action. She is the eldest and I being the eldest am also very sensitive towards this as well. Wanna help dd to cope well with the new arrival.

Food wishes before popping

Think i wanna eat some food before i pop. More so when i want to bf and dun want to go out to eat dinner or out for more than 2hr. I prefer to stay home and handle bb and preschooler than having to lose my cool handling 2 kids outside. I told hb i dun enjoy dinner/makan outing when bb is below 1yr. Too much work for the mommies with no help. And clothing can be very restricted, cannot dress as i like. Wd be mostly in leggings/bemudas with nursing/tee tops.

Simp, for preloved clothings, well, my hubby auntie helped us take out all stained/yellow clothings. She also help me to wash it and i just need to go through water and hang it dry. To be more Kaisee, i iron every clothing to kill bateria. Like tt, i be more relieve if my bb will to wear it. Also, learned from one mummy here... wash, iron and pack into vacumm bag. Till the day she pop out, then i will pack into the cupboard. :D

I also havnt buy cloth diapers, baby mattress, shampoo.. etc... Will start to pack abit here n there.

hi

ive been reading this thread on and off.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

this is my no 3 arriving in Nov, maybe so tired with my 2 kids (age 2 and 3), no energy to really start tidying up NB stuff.

anyone mother of 3 here? can share how u cope with pregnancy.

decided to get CL for 2 weeks. already have a maid helping with household chores but she has been 9 mths with us still quite slow and didnt hve much initiative.

hihi... been some time didn't login already. How's everybody? Seems like all getting things ready [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've been busy going around over the weekends shopping but didn't manage to buy anything yet except clothings.... 8-9 more weeks to go only, getting more and more exciting as nothing has been preared/

BTW, any recommendation for baby sling/carrier?

Simp! You eat so many mooncakes?! It's not good wor cuz a mooncake contains alot of sugar and oil! You better stop... haaha!

As for cloth diapers, mummies use those pureen cloth napkins? Or those modern cloth diapers??

Hi! I remember someone asked abt seminar on cord blood storage? this 24/09 there's one on StemCord pregnancy @ Orchard Parade Hotel. You may call 64712002 for info.

HI Mummies today is mid-autumm festival..Just ate some mooncakes.The 717 mao shan wang mooncakes so delicious.One box only 9 small pcs,i can finish it in one day.

CL

She will go wet market to buy all the meat and veg.Just tell your husband to bring her to the nearest wet market once and she can go herself afterwards.My sister had brew confinment rice wine for me,she just pass it to me.My mil will also brew some as well.

HI all mommies. Happy mid-cake festival! =)

CL

Issit okay for CL to sleep on mattress? Cos my bb's room dun have space to squeeze in another single bed liao.

Baby Monitor

For those who are keen to buy the Avent baby video monitor, Isetan Scotts is having sales and is selling the unit at $299 (Original price: $459). I tested it out; it's really good.

Janice: I think for newborns, shld use sling cos bb too small to fit nicely into a carrier. I have a sarong sling and a Ergo carrier. For the Ergo carrier, i bought the galaxy model from a seller via FB at abt $80 - Let me know if u are interested as well =)

ssbaby: you really workaholic!! I just transferred to a new div wef Jun and work is not as hectic and I AM ENJOYING every moment of it!! I wanna tell my boss (of cos I cant!) i dun wanna do projects cos I am not interested in promotion; I just wanna do my work and go back on time! Use the 'eng' time now to prepare stuff for your bb and be mentally prepared for things to come! =)

BB's clothes

I only washed my bb's clothes/ mattress covers/ etc and put in the drawers; didnt iron and vaccum pack like some of you =pp

Herbs

I engaged my CL thru PEM agency and signed up for their herbs package at abt $300.

Have a great week ahead, mommies! Jia you! =pp

Back