(2011/10) Oct 2011

Creamdonut: all the while, I wld pump out my milk and latch only at night. Sometime I ve the same problem u r facing also... Think it happen when m using low sucking power while pumping, m using medala freestyle, L3.

Wat I did is when pumping, I squeeze my breast very hard to let the milk come out esp the block area.. Empty the breast totally... I did this for at least 2 pumpings then is fine... Muz bear with the pain when squeezing...

Hope this help..

rejoy: sigh, i don't know what is the problem leh, cos me using up to level 8, also like that. feel very sad, dont know how to go back to work like that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] how often do you pump during the day? got match the pumping time with bb feeding time?

Sometimes when this happen, use up to higher lever also no use cause it is block, no milk come out, only way to relieve the pain n clear the block is to squeeze the breast till gt milk comes out, it happen a few times to me already when I miss the pumping time when I go out.

Usually I pump 3-4hrs interval, depending in my bb feeding time, I wld cal the timing so that when I latch her on at night, there is milk...

Usually after I latch her on twice, I wld pump out the excess milk if nt wld ve blocked duct...

m gg back to work next monday bt my bb still fall asleep only at 1-3am, today, she falls asleep at 2am... and i ve to bath her before going to work in the morning as my mil does not know how to bath her...

dun nod how m i gg to manage.. haii...

Rejoy28, what time do u reach home after work? If not too late I think can bath her when u e back. Bathing for bb very easy so u can show ur mil. If she's not confident then prob can buy anti slip mat and don't put too much water.

If u bath her before u go to work, it's very early and u will be rushing too. Usually after bath, bb very awake.

Rejoy: I pump until no more milk coming out so shld be considered e breasts empty fully already? Or there is a minimum time length to pump? I din miss or prolong e pumping interval leh, still blocked, sigh.

Rejoy: u might want to try dream feed for e last feeding, so that bb is sleepy n goes back to sleep aft feed. I did that for my bb, no talking no eye contact n dim lights.

Creamdonut: I think your baby's sucking is more efficient than your pump. How long do you pump each time? Maybe can try to pump at least 25 to 30 mins to fully empty breast?

Rejoy28: You may want to try to wake your baby up earlier say at 7 am and then try to let her sleep by 8 pm? Try not to let her have more than 3.5 hrs of afternoon nap so that she will be tired by late evening n will sleep earlier?

Sweetsnow: I ask my maid to buy her own sanitary pad. I provide all the other items except for pads. So far she hasn't bought any coz she said her menses haven't come for the past two months. Anyone whose maid encounter the same? I don't know whether to believe her or send her for checkup. She told me it's normal for her sometimes won't come for three months.

Adele: I usually pump abt 10min cos by abt 8min the milk not coming out already bt I cont pump 2 more min cos usually bb drink 10 min each side... Is it norm that bb more efficient than pump or that my pump lousy?

Creamdonut,

You try to massage ur breast b4 you pump.. It helps.. Massage in circular motion firmly using ur palm..

I had engorgement n lumps in my breast previously.. Cant oump out.. Went parentcraft.. They help me massage n hand squeeze e milk out.. You can try to massage n express e milk out.. Wat they did was massage using palm n using fingers to stroke down towards e nipple.. Afterwhich, squeeze the milk out..

Alternatively, latch ur bb.. Make his mouth n nose face ur breast tat is lumpy or hard.

Hope the above helps!

Hi creamdonut,

I find bb more efficient than pump for my case. Not sure if it is a norm. Usually, I will pump for at least 30 mins to make sure that the breast is fully empty. When the breast is empty, it should feel soft and not have any lumps or feel hard. If it still feels hard or heavy, you may want to try to pump for a longer period.

Hi winny,

My EDD was suppose to be 19 Nov but bb decide to come out earlier.

I also feel Bb latch on is more efficitive than pumping. But I will pump for 30mins once a day coz Bb cent seem to empty after 1 day feed (8 times latch on)

A qns to ask - can we do manicure and pedicure when we are still bf?Especially doing gelish nails?

Hi forever81, my edd was 30oct but she decided to meet us on 19oct.

I also feel that latch is more effective than pump.

Not sure if can do pedi/mani when bf but I heard should not do chemical treatment on hair.

Creamdonut,

Because you hardly use the pump to express your milk so your body has already gotten used to your baby suckle.

Baby is always the best pump.

Whenever i have clogged ducts..i will get my baby to latch to clear..once i can feel the breast is softer or when baby is done with latching..immediately i will use the pump to express the excess milk that is clogging the duct..so far it works for me..

Last time..i never try like this..so i just keep using the pump to clear..in the end the nipple got so red and crack..but the breast is still so hard like a rock..

Creamdonut,

I don't know if this sounds weird..that was one time..even after i latch baby only a partial of the blockage clear..the lump was still there i was so desperate and fed up..i went to shower..use the shower foam as lubricant to rub very hard on my breast..after that i continue to pump..bending my body on my fours to pump..finally the milk all came out

Hi mummies,

I have popped the pill to stop my milk supply on wed night..but i still do feel the milk keep coming in from time to time..is this normal? When will the milk supply be cut totally?

And yesterday i went to see my company doc cos i was feeling unwell turn out that it was breast infection..i did even know i was down with fever..he advise me to clear the milk in my breast..but i worried this will offset the pill effect and simulate the milk production..the doc say won't..and he emphasize treating the infection is more impt than stopping the milk supply now..

I wonder for those who took the pill, do you all still continue to pump for relieve?

I really don't understand the last time when i took the pill to stop bf my elder..within 2-3 days evrything went back to normal..no pumping is needed..but this time..the pill seems to be not working on me!!

I tried to pump at work before i took pill to stop..mission failed..imgaine i have to wake at 5 am to pump every morning, 12pm to pump at work..come home to pump at 7.30pm..and wake up every night in my sleep because of the engorgement pain..my hubby advise me if bfing is going to take such a toll on my body and so much time away from my rest and family..he say i have to sit down and rethink is bfing still possible esp now when i have started to work again.

Hello any mummies experience their babies puking out water? These 2 days, my baby has been puking out quite alot of water and those tofu type of milk...

Wow, so many mummies agree bb is best pump! Thanks for all the replies, make me feel better now. Previously was feeling quite down with e pain and all, and dunno what to do when I go back to work... Now I will try to feed bottle at least once a day so that body can get used to pumping. Hopefully it will help relieve the blocked ducts problem by the time I go back to work!

Quizzer: hope your fever had went down, take care and rest well over the weekend. I have not taken the pill before, so can't advise you on whether to pump or not. But I did read before that if it is masitis (sic) then better to cure it fast because it gets very pain the longer it drags...

Rejoy: my bb like to sleep on tummy so always will vomit out. I dun think it's a big concern because I read before that it's normal, as long as the vomitting is not forceful with projectile motion and bb seems upset with sharp crying aftwards. Does ur bb have such signs?

Adele: she wld usually zzz at 1-3am, wake up at ard 4-6 to feed n fall right back to zzz... Sometimes her last feed is at 10+ n she fall asleep at ard 12, then she wld wake up ard 4 to feed. Sometimes she has her milk at 9+ she wld fall asleep n wake up to feed at ard 11+ 12 n fall asleep at ard 1. She doesn ve a fix routine hence making it very difficult...

Winny: I also dun nod wat time I can reach hm after work now, used to be ard 8+. I teach my mil hw to bath her already n she bathed her once bt after tt ask mi abt the IFC n hm nanny, think mil gt scared after the experience even though nothing happen. Mil says she scare she didn bath the bb clean n ask mi to bath her before gg to work can, of coz I can't say no.

Creamdonut: night feeding is nt a problem cause she always goes back to zzz after feeding, the pro is she zzz so 'early' at 1am earliest n I ve to wake up at 630 to bath her with 1 feed in btw. Think can only see hw is it on mon when I start work.

Quizzer: did u give ur bb water in the day or feed? This happen after I start to give her ard 10-20ml of water in the day.

Creamdonut: nope, she seems ok, still smile and play after tt... M juz concern as she never puke clear water n ve tofu n sticky milk vomit before.

Any mummies here bring their bb to the kids clinc at Rivervale mall?

Any ideal hw much are the injection , eg 5 in 1, at poly clinic n if we can use the baby bonus?

TIA

Hi rejoy28, prob ur mil needs reassurance. Just keep telling her that she's really doing a great job and she's washing the way u r too. Or ask ur hubby to speak to her.

I'm also scared at first when I wash my bb but now their neck is so much stronger so I felt its easier.

Water

I feed my bb water about 1.5 hours later after each feed during the day and each time abt 40ml since my bb drinking fm. Sometimes she would vomit a lil too but I think it's ok.

Rejoy28,

I feed bb bm..when he vomit is usually never burp enough..drink too full..if not is move the baby around too much after feed..

Like Winny said..if the vomit is little..actually

not much to worry..

Winny,

Sorry i don't mean to offend you.. i am just curious to ask only..

Don't you think 40ml is a little to much esp after every feed? Would not baby be drinking more than 150ml of water in a day?

Actually i also don't know how much water baby can drink..

40ml is okay after feeding. It depend la. Some mummy worry drink too much water bb will vomit out. Sometime is true. At least When not feeding fm bb must drink wAter can le.

rejoy: if bb not in distress then shld be ok, no worries [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi quizzer! No worries. I do not feed water immediately. Prob after 1.5 to 2 hours after her feed. My pd strongly encourage bb to drink water. She says those who say we should not feed bb with water is nonsense. I'm not sure if 40ml is too much but so far she's doing ok. As in growing and poo every day.

Oh and she doesn't really vomit the water so I suppose it's fine. Sometimes if she's cranky and wants to suck instead of zzz, I let her drink abit of water too since I do not give her pacifier. It works.

Hi tbmummy, my pd said otherwise leh. She even showed me an article that infants should drink water. My confinement lady said so too. My mil and mother also mentioned that they have my husband and I water when we were infants. I guess if Bf then not that necessary but fm is quite heaty. Anyway I think just moderate should be fine..that's what I felt la. So far my baby drink around 80ml of warm water per day

Hi ladies,

Congrats on having your littie bundle of joy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I m in midst of engaging a confinement lady. Called up PEM n they have offered a herbal package of $330. Have anyone used their service before huh? yeah how about nanny confinement.com huh?

Will appreciate your precious advices since you all are GUO lai REN hehee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sunbelle: I try b4. Is a nutritional soup menu for yr confinement period. I myself find it very useful and recommend it. My cl at perm is very supportive. Her name is ah Xiang . Her sir name is lee. She take care of both me and my baby well.

Actually I'm also quite confuse abt bb drinking water.Attended a seminar conducted by Medela during my pregnancy and the doc from TMC also advise not to let bb drink water. But my mum and mil say they aso feed me and my husband water nd nothing happen.

Is it only drink water if bb is drinking fm?coz I'm feeding bf only.

Hi forever81, I did not really give my bb water when I bf and that's when she's 1-2 mths old. But since I'm 100% on fm now, I feel it's necessary to give water. Moreover my bb is coming to 3 mths. I'm going to check with my pd if the vol that I'm giving is too much for the next visit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thank you very much for your help, momonyny qin.

I jus PM you leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yeah especially for first timers is like quite blur like a sotong leh hehee

Hi winny,

Was wondering if I should give my bb water too since the weather is so hot these few days. But I'm on 100% BM though.

Any advise?

Back