(2011/10) Oct 2011

Pofy,

no worries..Can get your hubby to unwrap the mattress when the bb is coming home. Just cover it with the bedsheet should be good enough.

I can only set up bb cot after 21 Sep..cos my queen bed can only be gotten rid of after this date..sigh..long way more to go..

I am feeling so bored in office today..baby Olivia has been doing kicking alot which makes me laugh..cos it's ticklish..but I love it when she does that..:)

And yes!! I finally pack my Hosp bag..1 thing off my list..

pofy

yes i tried durians, pasta, rice but bb didnt absorb leh.. gyane say e weight i put on seems ok but dunno y my bb didnt put on as much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

esther

yes im working.. cos e supermarket is rather far so a bit inconvenient to go over n those 7-11 seems double e price leh.. nvm i'll bring milk powder to drink.. + i still got sample milk powder haha!!

gilera

i also cant slp at nite n when i finally dozed off it's abt time to wake up!! else i'll be dreaming non-stop n wake up feeling tired.....

breastfeeding

i heard better to wake up in e middle of e nite to latch/pump as it stimulate e milk but im also not sure if im hardworking enough..

Bubblygeekypig,

mayBe you can drink milk, eat more fruits, cereals, bread, waffles, potato?

For me, before work i drink a glass of milk, reach office drink another glass of milo, plus 2 bread. for lunch, i will eat something filling, like fried rice or mixed veg rice.

tea time, i will have salads.

before gg home, i will eat kiwi.

during dinner, i will eat 1 1/2 portion of food..

and i didn't realised i gained so much till my last visit at the gynae. i gained 3kg in a month & bb gained 1.2kg

I will try to balance my diet with more fruits n veg. my diet is more of fruit/veg/carbo, i tend to eat lesser meat.. not sure why either..

gilera,

I realised that my birth story is very detailed and lengthy. So I decided not to post here. I can PM u the story if u are interested. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pofy,

I am not sure if TMC provides free lactating consultation during the stay. You might need to ask the nurse. I am only sure that lactating consultation is free at Mount A during stay.

Hi gerila,

Yes, I rem my epi was top up in the process before. But I cannot remember how much and how long it last.

I only rem my gynae time accurately after he see I cannot push. He just wear gown and use the forcep to assist the delivery. After he clear out the placenta and stitching my tear, the machine beep. He was saying the epi just finish, no need to top up anymore.

snuppy

yes most morn i'll eat bread sometimes up to 3 slices of plain bread then i'll take my supplements aft tat too full alr until ard 11+ sometimes will snack-biscuits usually..

lunch usually noodles n another snack time ard 4+ sometimes unhealthy tibits oops haha n nite i'll usually have rice at hm if outside then depends.. my MIL mentioned to hb tat i eat lotsa fruits but i dun think so cos their family dun really eat fruits but me ard twice a wk which is considered little to me alr!! but i eat a plate full of fruits at a go haha!

Actually last fri went chk up i put on ard 2kg but bb only put on <500g!! gynae says better hit 2kg by next wk which bb has 400g to go within these 2 wk i think a bit diff leh.. think i'll try to drink more milk.. hb says wanna get more durians but im scared of getting constipated..

Adele (champagne80) : thanks! I will keep a look out for them if i do need it after delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] do you intend to bottlefeed the EBM in the first month?

pofy: did the shop refund your credit card in the end?

gilera: my colg who delivered in TMC told me tt its only one time charge for epi. not sure if the policy had changed now.

coconut: i dun tink i will drink it. i got very bad stomachache after drinking the first time, and its not those "wana go toilet" stomachache loh. got scared so not gg to drink anymore.

luv (luvagape)

Thank you very much for the advice. I am on insulin. Hopefully the next one i would be like you. I seldom have home cook food, hence i think the sugar level is high. Not easy, moreover now I have to be on insulin twice daily.

gilera,

If I remember correctly, 1 tube of epi can last for about 6 hours and its costs about $300 per tube at Mount A in 2009.

bubblygeekypig,

If u are worried that durians are too heaty, take more ice cream - especially those very fattening flavours. :p

Cream donut,

Dun worry, I think they just put on antibiotic drip?

I did the swab on last sat... But no news yet

When u did? N how u know tested positive? The nurse call ya?

minidiary: ya, nurse call me and told me. i did last fri. said i will have to be put on the IV drip in the delivery ward. bt i read online that the IV drip is not 100% protection, cos need to administer for like 10hrs, so if delivery is shorter than 10hrs then not effective liao. even with 10hrs of administration, there is still a risk that bb will be infected, most serious being brain damage.

feel very sad now.

Don think so much... I heard some mummies with gbs too but put on drip then it's alright aredi. The baby is still very healthy... Look at the positive side...don be sad

Just tested figured out my avent single electric b pump.

It's quite noisy if I were to pump midnight when hubby sleeping. But it's smart to rem my preferred pumping rythm.

Wat should we do if other breast is leaking whole pumping one side?

Hi,

Been a silent reader. My gynae is Lawrence Ang, delivering in TMC. This is my 2nd pregnancy.

gilera: you can consider using the breast milk collection shells from Philips Avent.

Ben Ben

haha i can eat ice cream but not often cos hb will restrict my cold food intake.. ytd MIL cook fatty meat which i dislike but hb ask me to eat more (2 pc) for bb to grow but i still try to take all e lean meat haha!!

minidiary

i also took my swab last fri. gynae say if nthg they wont call me so im hoping they wont call..

happymomo, try to cheer up. insulin isn't that bad. my doc told me to treat the pen as a gd friend the last time. Try to have more home-cooked meals. you can also play cheat by walking alot and drinking lots of water. if you get gd readings by doing these 2 then you won't need insulin cos hypogly is worse than hypergly.

i'd insulin self-inject from 4cu to 8cu on both thighs during my #1 preg for 9 weeks and blogging abt my frustrations helped quite abit. what i dread instead is the pricking of fingers cos insulin injections aren't painful. in fact for this preg, i asked the doc to standby insulin cos with this gd friend i used to eat really normal food ie Taiwan beef noodles w juice and desserts with 6cu for dinner and pass with readings but he rejected me!!!

creamdonut, pls dun worry abt the GBS failed test. i heard of mummies going thru labour with the same results as yours and all gave birth to healthy babies. think positive!

dr will recommend you to do GBS test? or every pregnancy ladies have to go through the test before delivery? so far i haven't done yet.

angeline, i think the GBS test is compulsory as i'd taken mine twice and cleared the 1st test. maybe your gynae will schedule you for it soon.

Hi Hi Luv

Thank you for your encouragement ! Emm I am now on insulin for both lunch and dinner. 4 - 5 weeks to go. Did doc advice u that u need to deliver earlier maybe in week 38?

minidiary and luvagape: thanks, will try to keep my spirits up and hope nothing serious happens...

bubblygeekypig: hope they dun call u too. good lucks!

happymomo,

I am on insulin too..but not regular..if I know my meals would be pretty heavy, i will inject..if not, I just control diet...

My Gynae actually mentioned abt delivering earlier at wk38. we are still considering and will likely to confirm delivery date by next check up on 19 Sep.

hi for those who bought the medela PISA, when do we need to change the membranes and do we just put the whole set into steriliser to sterilise? tubings need to sterilise?

glad my pump works with the acdc converter i bought from giant for only $11+

happymomo, my gynae said i can't delay this preg till longer than 40 weeks due to GD whereas he allowed 41-42 weeks for non diabetes cases. his proposal is to have bb stay inside the womb for as long as possible. unless i go to spontaneous labour on my own.

Hi,

I was told to be on insulin by doc today n was so upset that I cried. Thinking of discussing with gynae whether can I do cesarian to deliver the baby earlier. My baby weight 2.3kg at week 32 which very likely will hit 4kg around full term. What did you gals eat to control your insulin especially for dinner?

Huggss, take light dinner, like porridge, meehoon, or half bowl of rice. go for walk or do housework after that. If u shld want to snack, or feel hungry, eat some wheat biscuits or apple. U can also drink low fat milk.

Choose wholemeal bread n cut down on sugar stuff.

huggsss, agree with Royal. you may want to include brown rice and oatmeal in place of white rice, honeydew and papaya for fruits though they have slightly higher sugar content than apples. insist on no MSG. do drink lots of water. i've tried chicken chop with no sauce + salads with no dressing/garden veggies/minimal fries and it worked well. try not to be so upset and do think of insulin as your good friend.

Hi Huggss.

Focus on the joy of having a new born!

When having #1 - I also diagnosed having GD.

To me is blessing in disguise, as i have learn what to eat & what not to eat.

Anw now i having #2, end up overly control. BB too small.

U can do it Huggss!

Everyday i eat brown rice, wholemeal bread.

Tea without sugar. Eat natural foods. No cakes, ice cream, no moon cakes.

Hey controlling diet is good. Can slim down as well. & we have a healthier body! ;P

Just Rec news that maid arriving this sat but will stay with agent til Monday for test then Tuesday thumbprint then she will b brought to me.

But agent can bring her before 4 pm n I can't take leVe coz on course. Anyway if maid cones Tuesday night hv to brief her on things in one sit down? Then Wednesday let her alone at home start do chores?

Anyone hv set of rules or schedule to share?

gilera, i suggest you PM 1dog1rabbit or contact her via FB cos it appears she's v successful in supervising her previous and current maid.

Hi Gerila,

You might want to draft up a list of to do and not to do for the maid. Now sure which country your maid is from. But so far, my experience is that the maid required quite close supervisory for initial stage.

When the baby is out tell her that you is expect to take on more load etc. The key is to set the expectation up front.

huggssss

Cut down on milk, white rice, potatoes, carrots, corn and other starchy and sugary foods. Load up on leafy vegetables, eat lots of lean meat, and choose wholegrain. Avoid drowning your dishes with rich or sweet sauces as there's lots of sugar and starch in sauce. For fruit, take only 1 serving. No juice.

Gilera: My EDD is 26 Oct. My first one was triggered by contractions. The contractions started in early morning...It felt like menstrual cramps. Did not really notice the pain and I even went for my morning walk. I only felt that something was wrong on my way back home when I sense that the cramps are like happening every now and then. So I waited whole day at home because my gynae told me to go into the hospital only when the frequency is every 5 mins and I had no discharge and waterbag also never burst. I was very excited the whole day, timing my contractions. But I only went to the hospital after the 9pm TCS 8 drama. Haha...

Upon reaching the hospital, I waited for about 10 mins for my husband to complete the registration and then I was wheeled up to a holding area. The nurse will ask you to change clothes and then shave you. Will also insert some pills into you so that you will poo. After you have finished your business, they will strap a machine around your tummy to monitor your baby's heartbeat. The nurse will also check your dilation first. My gyane came quite soon even though it was at night as she stays nearby the hospital. She will then ask you if you would like to have epidural. I wanted to experience natural birth w/o epidural so I told her to hold it first. My gynae came and checked my dilation and also pricked my waterbag at the same time. But I think my dilation was too slow and the pain became unbearable for me when it was about 4cm so I asked for epidural (abt 2 am I think). I had never experienced such painful moments before. It was so painful that my whole body shook uncontrollably for each contractions. It was also not comforting to hear mummies beside me being wheeled into the delivery ward one after another. I was kept wondering when will be my turn.

The anesthetist took quite long to come and I felt much better after the epidural. Could still feel the contractions but not so painful. My doc came about 3am again to check my dilation and I was wheeled into the delivery room after that. She told me I was able to dilate faster perhaps because I was not so tense already. There will be 2 nurses in the delivery room. They will teach you how to hold up your legs and push when the contractions come. The nurses will ask the gynae to come in when your baby is about to come out. Halfway through all the pushing, my gynae told me my son was stressed (by listening to his heartbeat) and I needed to get him out soon else she will need to use forceps. Luckily, he really came out before the need to use forceps. However, my son was all purple when he came out. He got entangled with his umbilical cord. The nurses will beat his backside to see if he will cry and stick something inside his throat to clear his mucus. Yup, end of my story =p.

Creamdonut: Think I will ask the confinement lady to bottle feed the EBM at night but I will still wake up to pump to stimulate supply.

Pofy: TMC will arrange for a lactation consultant to visit you once to teach you how to breastfeed properly during your hospital stay. She will teach you how to latch on. So not to worry too much. But I think if you need subsequent consultation, then you will need to go down to parentcraft. Cannot really remember. Paiseh...

Devil (little_devil19), i am with dr ang and delivering in tmc..

creamdonut, i was diagnosed with GBS a few months ago, think during 24th week checkup.. IV drip just need 4 hours to take effect.. Dont worry about it, i got frens and sister who had gbs.. all their kids are healthy... remember to get the admission letter from doctor and remind every nurse/midwife/whoever in the delivery ward to put u on IV drip...

pofy, u ordered ur tingkat already?

champagne80: oic... I tink the first mth sure very jialat one, dun need to sleep [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

whiteloverz: ya, heard abt the IV drip, but still scared cos got risk of passing on to baby and in serious cases, its brain damage. now i keep thinking what i could have done to prevent it; was it something i ate or underwear dirty or wat... anyway, the antibiotics is via drip and not injection ist? So I will not be free to move about?

Thanks for sharing yor birth story

cannot but imagine e pain at 4 cm let alone full dilation!

It's good that all turned out well.

Who in charge for adding to fb pls add me

[email protected]

ya 1d1r always hv advice for others on most matters.

Will b going for checkup later this evening @ wk 36 will be having VE

creamdonut, i also not sure what causes it leh.. i went to my gynae asked him why he nvr gimme inserts for vagina, only gimme oral antibiotics, he said i dont have yeast infection.. I thot gbs is one kind of yeast? so confusing right...

takes lotsa yogurt n probiotics bah, at least can balance the internal system a bit.. not sure if it helps though.. but then 1d1r says even if now diagnosed, doesnt mean u will still have it during delivery time..

Thanks everyone for your support n encouragement! There are so many brave mummies here. I will be strong n control my diet! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bb wk 36 @ 2.5 kg

head diameter 9cm, doc n me hope won't exceed 10cm else how to pass thru!!!

Did a cotton bud swap for testing that passage way no infection. No news supposed to b good news.

Weekly checkups now.

Adele,

thanks for the advice. at least i get one free consultation from TMC. I will try to make the most out of it. I hope i will not be so overwhelmed by the whole birth process and baby's arrival till i am lost for words. sigh.

Roxanne,

yes ordered tingkat already. i took the 2 weeks one meal from natal essentials and 1 meal from empire catering. after 2 weeks, i switch to lunch and dinner from empire catering. hope everything works out. i chose menu with no soup. 4 dishes. tat way my hubby and me can share, we just need to cook rice.

i got gbs too. already a carrier because it comes and goes so often since the start of the pregnancy. whether i will be tested positive or not in the coming swab, doc already say must be on drip during pregnancy. problem with me is the drug allergy to the antibiotics. gyane has not decided how to solve it. i also worry pass to baby and also worry something happen to me. but then all these worries, nobody can tell or help so i try not to think about it.

gilera,

baby good size. congrats. i was also told to get the baby to pass the 2kg mark. there is a lady working in supermarket i know. she was suppose to due end of oct. but she gave birth 2 months early by c-sec cos she was bleeding. after bed rest didn't help cos she was carrying baby low according to her and due to her job she had to stand for long hours. anyway, her baby was 2.4kg even tho 2 months early and this is her 4th boy! She got all boys. : )

jiayou mummies. friday aleady so have a good rest.

we will be seeing our little baby very soon.

Today I am on leave. Going to see gynae for week 33 check up ! Quite anxious to know baby weight, last check was week 31, baby is aroun 1:9 plus kg close to 2kg. Hopefully at week 33, he had exceed the 2 kg. Also hope, I did not put all much weight from last check up.

Back