(2011/10) Oct 2011

whiteloverz: u call ur gynae to ask? cos for me, only the nurse told me over the phone that the test is positive. she nv say anything else leh. so up till now, i have not spoken to my gynae abt it and am also not on any medication now. shld i call and ask if i need to be on medication? i duno how much more is the IV drip gg to cost also...

ya, i read tt it comes and goes. bt then prob it takes some time to go, so wun be in time to be cleared by delivery if we are already in late preg bah. did ur gynae mention anything that we can eat/do to help the situation?

pofy: how come u did it so many times before? i tot only need to do once for everyone... when r u doing ur next swab? mayb i can ask my gynae to swab me agn and see if its gone.

since GBS come n go, u might wan to juz be on drip on the safe side even if the next chk shows u r clear. if u r really afraid of the harm to bb, u can choose to do c-sect cuz bb will only get it if thru natural delivery.

gilera, u r on weekly checkup already? my last chkup was 35wks, next on 37wk which is coming mon.

does any of u having pain at the pelvic area? it is making me really uncomfortable. it comes n go previously but now the pain is juz there the whole day.

creamdonut, cos i was diagnosed early so i was given oral antibiotics for 1 week... the nurse just called and asked me go down take medication.. i did ask my gynae why he tested so early cos my previous gynae only tested at 35th week.. he said detect earlier can take medication... the only way to prevent it is to put on IV drip during delivery...

Only when waterbag burst (water or any medium that is in contact with vagina) then gbs will pass to the baby... but with IV drip, it will reduce the chance greatly...

those diagnosed with gbs during 35th week i think nvr take oral antibiotics.. my sis and my fren nvr take.. but that fren got put insert cos i think she got yeast and a bit itchy... during birth they are on iv drip...

Dont worry so much, everything will be fine!

pofy, i going to order at end of this month.. must confirm i can go natural birth first, scare last min need c sec then i will go my MIL do confinement liao... i think i will take the newbaby one since got fbi discount..

Hi Mommies, I'm going to be wk33 this Sunday and I really feel that I have difficulties walking and climbing the stairs. All of you feeling the same?

My hubby keep asking me to walk more and climb stairs as he heard this will make delivery easier.

Any experience mommies to share if this is true?

Hi mummies

Can i check with you which breast pumps are you getting? And why. I still cant decide leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Medela seems the most popular but I heard that Ameda is good too. Please advise. Thank you

Coming end of wk 36 n yes weekly checkups hereon

it's a torture to climb stairs n walk more but since super reccomended by docs n mummies just walk n climb slowly. Better than lethargic ba. We need to build up stamina n be strong.

Doc said circumcision cost nearly $1k for bb 2nd day after birth. If go by polyclinic etc route the q is a year long due to all e Muslims for subsidized cost. So if decide to do can do while bb still small lesser movements , just numb area n 2 wks recover with e umbilical cord.

Compared to few years old hv to be on GA n recovery slower as kid will fidget n coz infection.

winny, yes climbing stairs and walking increase our endurance so that labour is tolerated easily. i've been doing that myself often.. even running after the bus/MRT and felt great. people said i look good too.

leeoh, i still have my medela mini electric single pump but it sounds like the motor is starting to spoil. now i'm super tempted to rent any double pump available if i've engorgement at the hosp.

Happy Friday!!!

Yes walking and climbing stairs is really tough now and also getting in and out of the car...

Check something, nowadays do you all experience leg cramps frequently?? I'm having cramps every now and then especially in the nite..

Oh btw my c-sect date has been confirmed on 3 oct..

Tamms > the other time you mentioned you training ur girl to sleep in her own room, how's she coping?

My boy is still trying but is getting better.. Think I'm the one who need longer time, used to having him sleeping beside me so the first few nights will wake up every hour to check him..

Dear all, Im at my W36 nw and is experiencing severe rashes and itch. Its on my limps and tummy. Red and sore from scratching. I googled a bit more online and chanced upon OC (Obstetric Cholestasis) and am feeling a little troubled. Anyone understands this uncommon pregnancy complication?

Hi Mummies,

I'm 33 weeks. Has been with KKH since 14 weeks. Was wondering if anyone knows about stories about mummies who have switched hospitals at the 8th month? I'm thinking of switching to a pvte hospital and has gotten an appointment with them.

lorles: i had the same symptoms during second trimester, but my doc says it's not OC. it is kinda rare. more likely it could be PUPPS which is harmless. to be sure, see your doc. take care!

Hi leeoh,

My #1 I used medela pis. It serve me very well for 10 months plus when I bf my #1 exclusively. As I pump at work as well, it can express both side for me very quickly. I sold it off when I wean my son off. My hubby bought for me at 2008 around $658 at first few year, we sold around $380. Of course, we give some freebie like milk bottles storage as well. Hence we did not spend a lot of money on milk powder. ESP milk powder for infants, 0 to 6 months are very expensive.

This time, I bought the medela freestyle as it is light to carry and is hand free [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Hopefully, I can exclusive bf as well.

Ameda is also a good brand, but the feedback I had was that the spare parts of medela can get easily in shops. But ameda is only online and one or two shops. If you need spare parts urgently, it might be hassle, that was the situation in 2008. Not sure if the spare parts situation had change then.

I'm happy with my Medela freestyle coz it's light and easy to carry to office.

Used it for my #1, so now can take out again for my #2.

Most importantly, get a dual pump, so you don't waste the time and milk. Imagine you have to wake up at 3am in the morning, finish pumping both side and can go back to sleep faster.

wow luv! you are good. I've been asking hubby to drop me at house downstairs then ask him go park his car. I cant tahan walking. ok i think i MUST change my mindset...walk walk walk!!

Hi esther, i experienced cramps few times when i tried to stretch myself so i'm trying to control. I'm also going to pre-natal massage once a week now and i think it helps.

Hi wendy, for myself i can sleep but i also wake up easily now.

Hi Lorles, i have not experienced that but I do have a fren who suffered itch and rash all the way until 1 yr later after she had delivered. It's really terrible. She got it on her eyelids too. Doc says it's hormones. You should check with ur doc.

Thanks mummies for the advice on the pumps. Think after I give birth, I might rent to try before I buy. Reason being I didn't manage to pump successfully for my #1 so not very confident for this one.

Cramps: I had cramps on and off but recently it got more frequent. Just last night I had twice - one on the left leg then the right [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies,

I'm starting to feel baby's weight at the bottom of the tummy such that walking feels more tedious now. Also sometimes dunno where baby kick, will feel like wanna pee.

Is this going to get worse as we draw closer to edd?

Mummies w maids- do u let them sleep w door closed?

Anyone can share confinement food must haves receipes like e fish n papaya soup?

Hi Mummies,

Sorry for the interruption. I am a Jan '11 mommy who is letting go of a brand new lucky baby playmate (with pictures of animals printed on it)at $25. Orginal price was $30.

Also letting a baby swimming tub( used only 3 times) at $45. Bought in March '11 at $70. Self collect at CCK MRT or delivery can be arranged at $5.

Do PM me if interested. Price still negotiable. Thanks for reading.

Winter_bluey: ya, will go on drip to be on the safe side loh. Bt still feel worried, cos there is always a risk.

Whiteloverz: oic... Mayb tt's y e nurse nv ask me to take med. Bt it's gd tt ur doc test u earlier so tt u can b on e med.

Need advice - r sleep bras necessary? R they as comfy as purported? Cos my fren told me jus use nursing bra can Liao, n tt sleep bras v fast spoil cos u keep pulling it down... Plus nursing bra can wear out, easy to express/bf also as compared to sleep bra...

Hi GIlera and all,

I have these recipes from TMC classes I attended.

However, it seems that the file i have is too big to be uploaded. Let me know if you want me to PM you or to send through email.

thanks.

dear mummies,

im almost 36weeks already but hv yet to find massage lady, anyone got good massage lady to intro? with reasonable charges?

Can PM me? Many many thanks! :D

is it recommended to find massage lady, i heard that sometimes if no stretchmarks, after massage will get stretchmarks. cause my tummy now v nice, i scared after massage will get stretchmarks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Creamdonut,

I tested many times for gbs n yeast since 2nd trimester. Cos I had alot of discharge n I was still bleeding in 2nd trim. My doc was very concern. She said tbs can trigger preterm labour eg at 28 weeks so had to treat. I took a total of 3 courses of antibiotic. My last test at 34 weeks show no gbs. But we jus took another swab at 36 weeks. I hope negative too. My case is complicated co's of my drug allergy. The only drug I can take is not safe for pregnancy but we still took co's no choice. Same during labour. Have to be on iv drip but tis drug I can take dun hve it in iv form only tablet. So depending on my results my doc will decide wat to administer. She also hving headache abt tis issue. Regarding gbs. I read up quite a bit on it. I recall a c section does not mean the baby is not at risk of catching it. But I didn't verify with my doc as we r trying for natural birth. I hope all will be well too as I read a mummy's input in this forum and her child had to be nicu. I also worried.

Roxanne,

the tingkat I ordered fr natal essentials. I heard if u r Cordlife member u get $50 off. If u order nearer to edd seems no early bird discount? Perhaps good to check with newbaby to confirm rates again.

Let's hope c sec or natural birth can be determined soon so tat u can cross tis off ur to-do list!

Cos issues.

I really had a hard time cleaning my room n changing bedsheets tis weekend! No space to move. My hubby was upset n frustrated co's we tried to shift the bed n cot to make more apace but it jus won't work. Sigh. End up the room no space.

Adele,

Thank. I will make good abt the lactation consultant. I hope she will come see me when I m in my wArd. If not I will try to request but 4 or 2 bedded my hubby say maybe less priority? I read up in forum tat these days the service at Tmc is not good. Quite a number of mummies feedback in the forum negative remarks. Now I m worried abt this too. Sigh

Breastfeeding

One question. After pump out milk we r to store in freezer..

Before feed must warm up. Put in cup of hot water is ok or it's a must to buy a warmer?

I hve borrowed a manual pump in case I hve engorgement n need to pump. Tis breastfeeding n pumping is confusing me.

I originally intend to direct latch n not pump at night but after reading the advices of possible engorgement I got worried so I borrowed a pump. Sigh

Royal,

I also worry no supply. But I guess we give it a try. At least we try. I read a book on tis issue n felt better. While it's good to be able to breastfeed not all can do it. However we should not be too harsh on ourselves. As long as we try our best.

We r still wonderful mummies even if we dun or can't breastfeed. Dun let is issue drag us down. Especially after baby is out we hve to be happy too or else we can slip into post natal depression.

I think alot of us r formula fed babies n we turn out fine too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Let's jus try n jiayou n get great advice n support fr mummies in this forum

good morning mummies! hope you have a good week ahead. those EDD early Oct like me ok it's standby for delivery time! let's all jiayou jiayou!

pofy, i think the risk of GBS is higher during natural birth compared to c-section cos most of the discharge comes from vagina whereas for c-section it's quite a deep cut all the way to the womb. pls try not to worry, it's not good for you and bb.

after pumping out milk, 3 things you can do: feed bb directly (best cos it's freshest), put in fridge for 1-2 days or freezer (2 weeks-1 month). yes must warm up. i used a warmer as it's v convenient and doesn't spoil the milk nor bottle.

according to www.breastfeeding.org.sg, thaw and/or heat under warm, running water; do not bring temperature of milk to boiling point; shake before testing the temperature; do not use a microwave oven to heat human milk.

just my 2 cents, our bbs are the best breast pump when latched on properly. during my stay at TMC for my elder boy, a LC will come by for awhile and show how to bf bb. i rem she squeezed my nipples and said i've milk and the visit is not chargeable. do try and make full use of her in showing you how to latch bb. they have free classes near the PD clinic showing how to bathe and latch the bb.

Hi Royal, same here.. so sleepy n tired. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Rina, my dure date is 07th Oct same as Creamdonut.

Hi Creamdonut, i will eat light.. take care too.. dun worry! Like u say we jiayou together.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hope we deliver same day :p

What type of room you opt for?

Hi, I am selling away the Haenim play yard to clear space

1) 6 panels Haenim Normal Play Yards (Blue and Red design) to let go at $65*

Consist of the following :

• 1 Activity (Normal) panel

• 2 Doors

• 3 Plain panels

Condition is 6.5/10

* Buyer may want to buy replacement parts+:

• Suction pads (A few have dropped off due to wear and tear )

• Bear stickers (Decorative purposes only, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

• Mirror sticker (Not reflective, buyer can leave out if there is a budget) Optional

Self collect. Interested buyers may email to [email protected] for viewing.

+Replacement parts can be purchased from SMH Bulk purchase spree:

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5360294.html

Hi Ladies

Good morning

Any idea do we need to start wearing thicker pad to work in case water bag breaks in office?

By the way anyone engaging massage ladies? If so if we dont bath everyday, how to breast feed baby with the massage oil?

Post natal massage should not cause stretchmarks

surely one would wipe clean breasts before latching bb so pls wipe away massage oil

it's now wk 37 for me n on standby but still last week of work. Sick of walking m travelling!

I bring pad in case water breaks but always wearing poise liners. Thicker than carefree. Carefree tends to be yucky by mid afternoon.

Just had b wax done. But think by labour time surely kena shave. Whole area between legs hurt when walking sitting n when shifting in bed. Heard lower back crack when turning in bed.

Hv 2 coconuts on my fridge waiting for me. Only drink once a week or everyday one?

Maid coming tom. I feel tired just thinking of the orientation part for her. No more privacy liao n no more housework for us heehee!!!

Clean the breast with jus wet towel should be fine?

I am only week 35, still another 3 more weeks before I can stop working

I am on Poise as well. Maybe I shld start bringing maternity pad to work

Pofy: Put in warm water (<60 degree) is good enough. Especially in early stage, some of us won't have much milk to warm up. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

You can also buy Fenugreek (can get from GNC) to stimulate the bm supply if you u find your supply is low.

pofy: hope ur medication takes effect n u clear ur recent gbs swab!! then dun hav to b on IV during delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sby78: i opt for single room, cos i wana rest well with minimal vistors. also i heard single room can let bb sleep in, so can bond better. u?

Back