(2011/10) Oct 2011

hi. I am using carefree now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi happynono, I am also always having congested nose especially when temperature changes eg moving from non-aircon to aircon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Ear also stuck as a result [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

happymomo: i cant rem which pack I have liao, it was given free in the FBI bag fm TMC. got liners n pads inside, but i din use cos i nt having urine leaks. can i use it as maternity pads after delivery instead? for the "blood" during the first 2 wks?

hi creamdonut, i taking 4 bedded room... as need to cut cost. 1 bed too expensive [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I use to think maternity pad is for after delivery, but the direct sales person i met at Toa payoh HDB hub road show, told me Poise maternity paid can be use to absorb discharge and also water bag bust/leak. Creamdonut I think can stick to after delivery if u prefer. No fixed rule. Jus use which ever u are comfortable. Some mummies friend of mine use normal pad only instead of maternity pad for the blood after delivery. Some say the blood last for 2 weeks, some say a month. hahaa

Hi tasha, you cannot accept PM.

I have a number from my sil. she say not bad. I'm also engaging her. You can PM me for the contact.

Gilera

Did u consult doc about have B wax? I am pondering if I should do, cos I like the clean feeling. But if do at week 36 like what winny said, wouldnt it start to grow if we only delivered at week 40. From my experience, I think it will only stay clean for 2 weeks plus, maybe partially different people had different hair growth rate.

Hi Sweetsnow, i guess all mommies feel the same. Me too. Sometimes feel that bb at bottom and makes walking unglam and difficult. Also, feel like going to the toilet. But in another couple of weeks it's going to be over and I m starting to think i'll miss this feeling. Hahaha!!

happymomo, i actually went STRIP to ask if it's ok to B wax as i've not done it before and if they experienced waterbag burst during waxing. Wahaha..

Well..the experienced ladies say alot went for B wax 3 weeks before birth. i'm also worried that I'll give birth much earlier so i think i'll go 4 weeks before EDD.

sby78: cos i'm quite an impatient person, hahah, so i will get pek chek if i share room with other ppl and they have vistors. i also very light sleeper, so i scared if share room i cant get to sleep. so my hubby rather pay more than to hear me complain, hahhaha...

happymomo: ya i heard can jus use normal pads bt buy longer ones. bt i din noe can use poise ;p

happymomo: oh i also heard tt its better to use maternity pads (though they are more uncomfy), cos they dun hav plastic backings unlike normal pads, so its more breathable and less likely to have infection. so actually i duno which one to believe la, all contradicting stories one.

Winny (winny)

So u confirm going to B wax? I am still pondering leh. Did they say any pregnant ladies had uncomfortable experience after the wax? I jus worry getting some unnecessary infection.

I using poise liners 19 cm for discharge n wetness. They last whole day compared to carefree which gets bunched up

waxed at wk 34 then today at wk 37

hair grows so fast I wouldn't do next week coz wanna rest at home. Didn't ask Gynae if can wax. Anyway Gynae let's me do anything but Strip made me sign this PReggie agreement thing. This time wax lesser hairs but hairs were long enough.

Lesser bushy than shave. Yea!

My poor son inside me acc me thru all these girly stuff.

Intend to color my white roots nx wk Thats when my leave starts. Annual leave one wk then ML from wk 39

esther

My girl is doing well sleeping in her own room, she proudly tells us and our visitors that its 'My room'. But I've still been sleeping with her for the last 1 week+ on a separate mattress, will try letting her sleep by herself in the next few days and see how that goes

ML

I'm happy with the ML I engaged from before, if anyone wants her contact, can PM me. Her charges $50

Hi HappyMoMo, should be. My frens who got shaved told me they feel uncomfy after that coz it's kind of pricky.

STRIP didnt tell me any negative feedbacks. But i asked my frens who waxed and they say it's good but should exfoliate to prevent ingrown hair too. Other than that no other comments.

My gyane says i can wax if I want. You will be shaved if c-sect. So just in case last minute emegergency, can wax first.

Hi gilera, what does the preggie agreement says?

Hi mummies,

Am an Oct mummy too.. Its beem soo long since i post sumthing here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies who have gone for waxing, can share where u go to? Is it painful? Dis is my 2nd pregnancy. Didnt get to wax, d first round, but i find my tummy too big dis time round. Think i just go for waxing.. Easier n cleaner..

Any mummies here experiencing pains at d crotch and vaginal bone area. Ive been having these pains for quite a while. Its super painful when i try to switch sides when lying down. I really dunno wat dat is.. Any mummies hve d same prblm?

Hi mummies,

Am an Oct mummy too.. Its beem soo long since i post sumthing here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies who have gone for waxing, can share where u go to? Is it painful? Dis is my 2nd pregnancy. Didnt get to wax, d first round, but i find my tummy too big dis time round. Think i just go for waxing.. Easier n cleaner..

Any mummies here experiencing pains at d crotch and vaginal bone area. Ive been having these pains for quite a while. Its super painful when i try to switch sides when lying down. I really dunno wat dat is.. Any mummies hve d same prblm?

Gilera, little Devil and Luck

I have sent the recipes to your email.

Please check if you have them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanx for receipes!!!

Feel that Honeypot better at waxing but signed up w Strip coz of location. Most waxers at Strip are Malaysian quite weird to talk abt waxing in Chinese. Honeypot mostly Malay gals v fast n they put pressure after pulling which lessens e aftershock.

Pain per strip area is 2 secs then no more. Full Brazilian n butt crack abt 20 mins.

E agreement thing was too wordy - stating if rash or if trigger labour etc they not responsible blah blah.

Waxing when preg not dangerous la. Do bcareful of the high bed though. Ask for help

Hi Missy, not to worry...it could be pelvic pain. I has this pain throughout my whole 2nd trimester till now. Doc advise me to use a maternity support belt cause my baby is quite heavy... Now I'm coming to 36wk and baby is already 3kg.. can hardly get off the bed and walk with the pain...

wearing the support belt and doing more pelvic exercise may help to reduce the pain...

Hi mummies,

I've 3 tins of Similac Mum to let go.

Similac Mum (700g)

Expiry Oct 2013

Selling at $20 (3 tins at $50)

Self collection at Eunos.

PM me if keen.

Thank you!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendy

wow ur bb oredi 3kg. Wats ur birth plan?

I also been having pelvic pain n Gynae said pubis dysfunction in my 2 nd tri. Lift leg wear undies etc super pain

normal n if after delivery not ok then need physio.

Everyone excited? Bb due v soon! So scared if can tahan pain. Is epidural really a godsend? Imagine the pain n trauma body is undergoing even if we dun feel it w painkillers.

Hi Missy and Wen,

Yes, I have the same kind of pelvic pain and at the crotch area too. I think perhaps the muscles and ligaments there are expanding to accomodate the birth? I think it might also be the increasing weight on the pelvic floor muscles so our lower body is working to support all these.

Gilera,

where can we get the Poise maternity pads? I haven't gotten any one as i"m still contemplating to use the Kotex one (with loops), or the Pureen one (Mdm Butterfly brand) which can be found at Kiddy Palace..

I use poise panty liners not maternity pads

for after delivery will just use heavy flow night pads

waxing price ard $60 check call them see any promo

Hi Gilera, doc is giving me till 37wk then we will try to induce baby cause she is concern whether i can deliver naturally... will try natural first but if baby too big by 37wk and cervix cannot accommodate then no choice gotta do CS...

I had epidural for my No1 .. so far ok... no backache or trembling hands either... if delivery is quick then can try without epidural cause it is also not 100% effective...

Just to share i had epidural for No1 but somehow it did not manage to numb the contraction pain (wrong nerve) so i can either re-administer the epidural or bear with the contractions. So i chose to bear with the contractions but at least i did not have tahan the other pains eg tearing, sewing etc cause my legs are numb.

I'm pretty sure I'll opt for an epi again. At 5cm dilated I was already finding it quite unbearable the first time, grabbing on to the bed rail and clenching my jaws... my hb was very cute, he was trying to empathise with me but asking me the wrong qns such as 'baobao, is it very painful?' I would have swung around and decked him in the face if i could! I'm glad I took the epi, just right after delivering, the epi wore out. I could start to feel the dr stitching me up... my hb watched the whole process including the episiotomy but he couldn't bear to watch me get sewed back up!

That said, everyone's pain threshold is different and every woman has a different experience. If you feel you can soldier on without epi, then go ahead and try, it'll be a great story to tell. For me I was soooo relieved that I told EVERONE they just had to have it!

Hi Rejoy

No problem. I will send it to you tonight. I can't load my email on myphone now. will send tonight ! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey, i noticed alot of mummies doing B wax, is it a MUST?

cause PANTANG! i don't dare to trim or shave ever since i got pregnant.. hahaa

I'm opting for Natural birth at Thomson.

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I have a brand new baby cot mattress Fibrelux to let go. Bought from Takashimaya at $159 but bought the wrong dimensions and could not fit in my baby cot. Material is made of coconut husks which is more airy as compared to foam or latex material.

Dimensions: 130cm (length) by 70cm (width) by 8.5cm (thickness)

Willing to let go at $139. Provides free delivery to your house.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/6027519.jpg]

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

Hi Oct Mummies,

Let me know if u want to get nursing bras from me. Will be extending 25% off for Oct mummies, tube bra at $12 each. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

www.myfavecollection.blogspot.com

This will be the last bp of this year! Let me know ur nick if u are not active in the Oct Facebook thread k.. thanks!

My email: [email protected]

Have anyone started to prepare baby cot or play pen? I am thinking to set it up now but scare it is a bit too early and collect dust..

what about the sterilizer and milk bottles?

I have totally forgotten what i did for my No1 4 years ago...

Luv,

Yes u r rite. C sec suppose to lower the risk compared to natural birth. Sigh. Trying not to worry. Wonder why I have to be a carrier. U know if not pregnant this gbs thing is not an issue at all. In fact alot of woman hve but dun know. I hope all goes well for us. Thanks for the advice on milk storage n warming.

Fritt, thanks for advice. I dun hve warmer. I will try the hot water warming if I hve to. Still intend to direct latch. Jus tat I read if after latching on 1st breast n bb cannot empty 2nd breast we r suppose to pump out to simulate supply n prevent engorgement? Very nervous about this pump n store n feed process. I worry I can't handle.

Creamdonut,

Thanks. T

I haven't got the result yet. Will see gynae tis Friday. In any case even if the test is negative. My gynae says must be on drip co's gbs comes n goes to hve to play safe. Sigh.

Gilera,

U r very brave. I hve zero tolerance for pain so I can't do the bwax thing. My last ck up gynae did v check to see if I m dilated. It was very very painful for me. I actually cried out n told her pain pain. Very ashame of myself after that. I wonder how I m going to endure labour pains. Do u know how many cm we must be dilated to ask for epi such that there is no need to top up? I heard top up not cheap. Also a few hundred? I also start to worry about the hospital bill. Jus dun understand why we r not allow to use medisave to pay n can only claim 450?? This is so ridiculous. Isnt medisZve my own savings???

Roxanne,

Will keep u in mind for the bra n th pump!

I dun intend to wear bra at home nni doubt I will be going out much during the 4 mths. I got 2 hands me down. Hope it's sufficient. Haha. Breast pump. I saw ur website got sell. If I m super successful in breast feeding. I will contact u for sure! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendy,

I think quite a number of mummies hve set up the cot. For myself i hve done it. No choice co's we r due early oct n may pop any time. I didn't put the mattress n bedsheet. Jus set it up n crowded my room. Sigh. Maybe on the day baby is back I will ask hubby to clean it up a little before putting the matress in. I hope. Haha. Steriliser set up as we need to test. But if direct latch n no pumping maybe don't need steriliser? Not sure about tis. Let's wait for other mummies to advice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wendy,

I read that if try for natural birth but can't n hve to change to csec the doc will actually charge twice? U hve ck wif ur doc on the matter. I ever heard 4 plus kg by natural birth so shd be ok? The last time I visited a fren who gave birth at eastshore hospital the woman beside her gave birth by natural n her baby I was told close to 5 kg! That was wat I heard when I was there lor. I was amazed actually n terrified at the same time. Sigh.

Rox

Love your bras, I did a count of how many maternity bras I have, and realize that I have 10! Aiyoh cannot buy anymore.. Will let you know if I change my mind, maybe can get a t shirt bra.

Pofy

You should wear a bra even at home, when your breasts fill up they will become very heavy, you'll need to have some support otherwise your breasts will be very saggy when they return to normal size! The bra and breast pads can also help to catch the leaking milk so you dun end up with 2 wet patches on your shirt front. I could pump over 300ml of milk from both sides, imagine how much your breasts have to stretch to accommodate that! So please wear bra, when boobs become saggy it's to late for regrets. Best to have at least 6 bras. Wear to sleep too, wake up at night can have wet cold and sticky patch on your bed!

HI Gilera, i thought Coconut husk mattress sound good... if tend to hv bugs, then how? thought the mattress last longer than latex etc? So should buy which type of mattress?

I tested +ve for GBS also but I not very worried lah. juz put drip n everything will be fine. think I more happy go lucky ba. juz dun think so much.

Grumble

maid just arrived last night

I feel so exhausted teaching her tasks to do for today while I at work. Only to wipe, vac n fold clothes. But she was asking how to do other things!

Last night she close bedroom door halfway, wat if wind blow slam door then will shock us

she also closed e windows in room when she sleep omg I think she going thru confinement.

I find it V tiring teaching & talking now

wen_stan: i haven set up any of those yet, will ask hubby to do after i delivery n b4 i return fm hosp. too many furniture to shift in order to set up, so rather do one shot when i am in hosp loh.

pofy: gd lucks for this fri!! i guess i will hav to ask my doc also, since i nv get to talk to him abt gbs at all. on drip means we cant walk ard freely rite? perpetually got the needle stuck to the back of our hand?

Back