(2011/10) Oct 2011

wah.... i doubt i can finish catcing up with this fast moving thread.. Please pardon me if i miss anyone of ya comments...

jac, sorry to hear abt ya loss.. have a good rest and bu yaself back before trying!!!

starry, ya gynea can confirm ya bb gender so early ar?

jinnous, everyone have their share of family issues.. take it with a pinch of salt and plan the best for yaself, bb and hb.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] decide what is best and talk to ya mom.. btw, u staying in which part of yishun? i juz shift over to yishun to be nearer to my parents.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

think will post till here.. onli caught up with 25 & 27 May archive...

miffyM2B:I use both the Clarins cream & the oil.... I used more of the cream & since my oil is only a small sample. After applying the cream i add a put drop of the oil at nite. Morning, i only apply the stretch mark cream since rushing to go work.... but i'll buy the oil as it has a nice & relaxing fragrance... Seems like you juz finish spa & can be relaxing...

morning mummies, i went for my regular check up on sat. Everything's fine (thank God)! saw baby yawn! thats according to gynae's description. cause we saw baby's jaw opened and closed. then the outline of the lips looked like he was pouting. so kawaii!!! ^^

I've put on 3kg between end apr to end may. shld i be watching my snacking diet??? im quite worried that im putting on weight too fast. gynae didnt say anything though.

A rice dumpling & a hot milo = vomited everything out....

Oh no... not sure wat's wrong... but this morning vomit grastic flu before i had anything... now mt stomach not feeling very well

Morning Mummies,

MiffyM2B,

hahaha now the frequency of waking up in the middle of the night is lesser..

but increase frequency of SHITTING in the day.. especially during the timing i am about to go to work every day ...

STROLLER:

Any current users or deciding to buy COMBI WELL COMFORT or URBAN WALKER?? i need feedbacks.... thanks...

jgladys,

woohoo so cute man your bb, mine detailed scan on 14 June, it's a love and hate.. cos need to draw blood.. T,T hais.. my weakness since primary school

miffy... just that this "jia he wang shi xing" is damn heavy on my shoulders. Sometimes I really wanna behave b1tchy but really not my character.

Anyone bot anything from the Philips Carnival? I bot sterilizer, breast pump and bottle bundle sets there.... too tired to compare liao... We bot lots of other stuffs too! I totally can't resist the Air Fryer!

jinnous.. i bought bottles only plus some other household stuff.. din buy steriliser cos dunno if i wanna use avent one.. hehe.. the airfryer is amazing hor.. so u bot it?

Jinnous

Me! I bought steriliser too, 1 twin pack of 125ml bottle, 2 or 3 (cant rmb) twin pack of 260ml bottles (cos my #1 still using), 5 boxes of teats (different sizes), total damage: $268

I went on a sunday morning. Walked from my mum's place to philip. After purchasing went for breakfast, was dead beat! Couldnt walked long for now.

Anyone's leg feeling no strength? My right leg was been giving me problem since last last sun till now still not recovering. The feeling like after exercise. Couldnt stand or walk too long.

Yes! I bot the airfryer! I was totally blown away lor... cuz of the crowd.. my hubby asked them to write the invoice first then we think if we wanna get it... We just used it yesterday. The fries and chicken turn out nice! Without the oil also.

After Philips we still went down to Chinatown then Marina Square... I was dead beat... tot my legs gonna crumple....

Jinnous : me bought breast pump, e milk

Bottle bundle, teats and bottles as well. Total damage ;$340

Did u buy e air fryer in the end? I also cannot resist the temptation but find it kinda ex leh

my legs are aching from yesterday's walk.. after went Philips, i went expo also.. my sole super pain now. so tempted to tell my boss that im going to work from home.

Yes! in the end I bot the air fryer... I couldn't resist it. I haven't deep fried anything myself for like donkey years... We always buy from stall home to eat. Last nite we tried the chicken drumsticks (free 3 packs) and fries which we bot, it tasted exactly like deep fried! But without the oil.

snuppy

why detail scan need to draw blood. I thought is should be just scanning.

went to philip sale yesterday afternoon and the avent bundle sold out already, find the bundle very worthwhile. Even the twin 260ml also out. Thus only buy light. Understand that avent will have sale at expo this Thu to Sat. will have the bundle set as well. Going there to get it & buy some more treat.

Winnie,

Since my First appt till now, i have never draw blood.. maybe it's time liao. maybe they want to do some testing i also forgotten to ask.. T,T very scare i might jerk or move during the drawing of blood..

Rina: Ya, i also think so.... next time morning cant eat rice, too filling.... i had wholebread bread which my "hao xin" colliek gave me plus another cup of warm milo.... feeling better now

morning morning~~

monday again..the packed carpark reminds me that there is no PH till Aug. Boo. Thank goodness for gynae appt tml, June and July - can declare one day off at least [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babystarlet/Jinnous> i saw the airfryer at dept store, so amazing. I will get one when I shift to my own place so even if i fry its not going to oil up the place..

Ginn> dumpling is glutinous rice and its oily, hard to digest. i think better not eat so much. If got gassy stomach lagi have to avoid. I also controlling cos I love rice dumpling..haha

snuppy> so far you haven't had blood test? what about oscar test? need to draw blood lei.

I've been having restless night, maybe its hot and maybe its all the dreams I'm having and maybe my hub snoring! Zzz.

and oh ya, now i'm starting to feel the kicks. Very funny, that day I rest my notebook on my tummy then I saw it twitch up and felt something kicking my stomach. haha..so now i know how a kick feels like.

Looking forward to my detail scan n gynae visit tomorrow~!

hi mommies! wah you ladies really solid, went to chiong the philips sale. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i have no energy to jostle with the crowds at all. only sale i went to was the mothercare on saturday. that was still alright, not so crowded.

rina,

i had the scan done when i was 17 weeks. if by then cannot see birdie and balls, then very very likely it's a girl already. many mommies were able to confirm having a baby boy at 15 weeks scan 'cos the genitals show up very obviously. anyway, my gynae says 80% girl lah. he don't dare to guarantee 100%, in case boy boy parts really hidden or what. haha!

snuppy,

don't worry, it's a rather painless process. or the most like an ant bite. last time someone taught me a trick if you are scared... i was told to pinch myself somewhere (maybe thigh area?) and focus on the pain there so won't feel the needle puncturing the skin. sounds weird but i guess it does make sense to a certain extent.

rabbit bb,

the kicks feel good right? very comforting. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] soon you will feel the hiccups! i enjoyed those a lot. so cute, one side of the tummy kept thumping up and down as my babe went hic-hic-hic in there.

gilera,

wahahah! papaya is gd! big! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mine still a sweet potato nia.

rabbit BB,

I didnt went for oscar test, cos i know if i go i will not stop thinking all sorts of things..

doctor said after doing it if u'll become paranoid might as well don't do, cos i'm not gg to enjoy my pregnancy .. hence i gave up.

Good luck to you tmr !!!... happy visiting ..

starry,

I'm gg to try your method on 14, nowadays, i am pinching myself on the areas they're gg to draw blood. i think i'm too paranoid, i'm not afraid of the pain, but it's the blood that makes me queasy ...

snuppy,

look away then! i always look away from the needle 'cos i hate the sight of it poking me. :p if your gynae is a pro at this, it will be a painless process for you. you won't even feel the needle going in. trust me!! the nurse at NUH was wonderful. first time experiencing a pain-free blood drawing process. my previous gynae made my hubby draw the blood from me!! grrrr.... i dislike that gynae TTM. pain till i really scream lor!! what an idiot. my hubby was still very happy, finally can 'torture' me.

winny: there's a size chart for maternity clothes so you can gauge your size by using a measuring tape.

just a tip, choose dresses that you can wear even after you have given birth, so wun waste..

kittiepp: FYI, believe it's really cheaper to join sprees.. I just bought the Medela Freestyle from the August Mummy spree (cause I have a fren buying too). The total cost is S$412.07 (after shipping). Of cos the price is subjected to exchange rate. Checked the prices at OG in Apr and it's ard S$800 - 900. But just heard from frens that the breastshield is better to use the hard one than the default soft one. So may have to spend abit more on these parts.

Ginn: good to hear that Clarins Oil is good! Hope my fren pass it to me soon! hm.. yupyup, ever since I vomited the first time, been more "safe" in choosing my food.. rice dumpling is a tad too oily..

snuppy: that's great! I think ample sleep is v. impt for mummies.. So good, u can poop regularly.. Im quite constipated but am trying to eat more greens & fibre to induce the "feeling".. =P

Jinnous: yup I think so too but at this point, I think family support is v. impt (apart fr your sweet hubby).. Hope your SIL will learn to treat others better soon, so that her kids wun pick up her character.. =)

miffy,

any idea why the hard breastshields are better than the standard softfit ones? i only know the soft ones after a few rounds of sterilizing will go out of shape. otherwise they are really comfy. so i don't put them into the sterilizer at all.

starry> ya, kind of like the bb saying..."helloooo world..knock knock." haha

snuppy> I'm like u afraid of injection needle. just look away and talk to the nurse it helps to distract attn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

miffyM2B> did you buy any other accessories? how to measure the size to buy for the shields? I'm deciding between PIS or freestyle. Freestyle can handsfree but scare look like gladiator with the two thing hanging on my breast..haha..My frd gg US this Fri want to ask her help me check out the price and accessories.

Dear Philip survivors: which pumps did u get?

I bought one single electric $215

bought the Sterilizer from earlier mothercare sale also $135 but 2 more bottles than wat e philips sale bundle.

i havnt been vomitting for quite a while... but guess rice dumpling is a nono for bfast... last thur, i had a rice dumpling for tea break which my colliek's wife made.... guess my stomach is not really to eat oily food in the morning...i love "bak zhang" too....

i had deep fried fish soup for lunch.. but stomach is still feelinga bit bloated.... will reduce my "ba zhang" intake

rabbit_bb, me too... i hv difficulty getg to sleep at nite and getg up the nxt morning.. but my hb is the kind who can fall asleep once he hit the bed.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

starry, my gynea dun wan to give 100% confirmation so i thot got to wait for the detail scan..

Sleep is quite restless esp after need wake up for pee. Night time still v hot. Wonder if weather or bedsheet or just me.

Mind active n cannot get comfortable Lie on sides awhile numb numb.

haha..ya then i will wake him up. tell him i sleep first then he can sleep. And recently he been tossing so hard wake me up also..Zzzz..when tum tum gets bigger I think its going to be worse :/

I try not to drink too much water before I sleep so to lessen the water retention and so no need to wake up to visit the loo.

btw am i the only one or does any mommies feel boobs is sore when waking up from sleep?

gilera.. same as me !!! i feel soooo warm recently... i dunno if i wake up becos its really very very warm at night or becos i wanna go pee or just me.. have to switch on aircon these few nights...

will our body temperature increase? maybe tats why we are feeling warm at night?? Hee..

starry: my frens (whose frens used before) say that hard one is better cos can sterilize and will not cause abrasion (am still pondering over this point cause I thought typically, it's e hard ones that caused abrasion)..

Just searched on the web and there's mixed review..

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/51023797.aspx

rabbit_bb: nope I have only bought the Freestyle nia.. still considering about the accessories.. for the measurement, you can click on the link below that says "Click here for more information about choosing the right size breastshield." (pdf)

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/pump-accessories/196/21-mm-personalfit-breastshields-2pack

jgladys: your bb's so cute! my girl's always camera shy one..

Rina & Jasmine: My hubby same type as yours.... once he hit the bed, his engine start n his snoring starts.... i have to keep waking him up to ask him to stop it... or i'll try to turn him ard or pat him or do all sort of things to make him stop snoring. and it takes me very long to slp... last nite i lie on the bed at 11pm but only get to slp at 12.30....

Imgaine when i've to wake up in the middle of the nite to go toilet, then i've to start all the process again... so tiring.... during the first 3/4 mths, i'll slp immediatly when i lie on the bed.. guess my energy is back so hard to get to slp..

snuppy, yea lo look away before u see the needle coming. else when u feel nervous, the blood flow will be even slower. i also have another blood test coming up on my next reg appt. cause gynae said my red blood count was very low during first trimester.. so i hope i've pumped up enough these few mths..

starry, but our hb also not professional, can ask hb to draw blood for us one ah? i wouldnt want my hb to poke the needle on me.

my hb also snores and grinds his teeth. annoying -.- i will hit his arm or give him a push to wake him up a bit. haha. esp when im trying to fall back to sleep after my toilet break.

hehe my baby's more coorporative at gyae's. during oscar scan, he was bouncing a lot. and during the detailed scan, he was facing down all the time. had a hard time trying to capture his face and birdie. lol.

Ginn

Wow so tiring. I always tell me let me sleep first den u sleep.

jgladys

My HB also grinds teeth. I always wake him up, if i cant get back to sleep with his snores and grinding! arghh!

Woke up at 530 this morning and got nightmares. Saw eerie things in my dreams... dream kill ppl.. er xin sia!!! and couldnt get back to sleep already...

sometimes I will pinch his nose, snoring is caused by nasal congestion so using a snoring spray before sleep will help too.

jas> I dreamt of huge caterpillars last nigh..hahah.

the interpretation says:

Caterpillar

To see a caterpillar in your dream, signifies a stage in your own personal growth and development where you are on the path but have not yet reached your goal.

hmmmmm

Hi all,

went for detailed scan last week.

I am having a princess [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Minidiary, pls update for me.

Thanks!

jasmine> haha..google "dream caterpillar" just entertainment purpose so just take with a pinch of salt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wa! jas & rabbitbb, ur dreams are very 'interesting'! mine's not so.. and normally i can only rem my latest dream (the one after my toilet break) in the morning.

do all of u have multiple dreams in a night too?

rabbitbb, im lazier.. dont bother to find his nose. just hit only. wahaha.

rina,

my hubby still hanging on to hope that this baby's a boy. silly man lah, he.. so he insisted to wait till detailed scan, but in his heart i know he knows it that the chance of 'turning' into a boy is very very minute.

miffy,

yeah i also thought the hard ones are the ones that will cause abrasion, soft ones will offer greater suction and comfort since they will mould to the contour of the breast. anyway, i didn't encounter any abrasion. unless you mean nipple abrasion then yes, because need to position the shield correctly to prevent nipples rubbing the funnel edges.

rabbit bb,

regarding the shield measurements, don't buy first 'cos you won't know your actual size till you actually start using the pump. i realized that only when i started bfing/pumping.. the nipple will enlarge significantly. i thought the S-size shields would suit me better but turns out M-size fit well, no need to change. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jgladys,

my gynae just asked him what he did in the army and my hubby said commando medic. so straight away asked him to do it for me! i hated it and it was so painful! no skill lor.

jgladys.l> after i preg i dreamt of my late grandma twice. usually i only dream of her once a year nearing ching ming :x and yes i have multiple dreams at time. but sometimes too tired will KO and only wake up in the morning.

i think i disturb my hub more, cos he say sometimes I make weird noise, sometimes i talk and once i even slap him :x so as long as i sleep before him its safe..haha

jgladys

is not 'interesting' leh. to me is scary! *sob sob* as if i c ghost! alot of dreams in a night... but tis morning de, still in my mind. hahaa!

jas> better than my MIL scaring me about real ghost story my SIL told her about her bf, right..make me jittery. wash hair also dun dare to close my eyes..lol

rabbit bb,

tubings hardly need to change. 'cos no contact with breast milk at all. but careful not to get it wet though. heard a mummy friend saying somehow her tubings had moisture inside and grew mould! so she had to change. apart from the shields, i think nothing needs regular replacement. if in the event needs urgent replacement, you can easily purchase from the BP section or buy from kiddy palace. other stores like mothercare, first few years etc also have..

Back