(2011/10) Oct 2011

rabbit - is not kiasu. some of the infant care have waiting list. so best to research early n book a plc early. if not, by the time u really need it, no spc for yr bb. =P now got time to rekke, go rekke ard... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rina, I heard so much horror story about maids from relatives and frens and also seen a couple that my bro employed for my mom who helped him look after his two kids (got one suck on my nephew's lollipop then pass to him and another one steals from the mama shop downstairs :s) so my mom don't want anymore maid for my 2nd bro's kids so I didn't really consider maid.

Just checking with you what are the cost involved for employing one? the maid levy, pay, insurance involved?

missycandy> lol..ya that's true I heard about waiting list too. thanks for the reminder [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Haven't told MIL about pregnancy so now all options are open.

rina> oh haha..forgot to reply u..i stay at bishan now but my own place will be ready next yr (not sure shifting over though). now looking ard amk/bishan area infant care.

rabbit bb, this is our 3rd maid. so far, we still find our maid bearable.. so thot of extending her ctt when it is up end of the yr lor.. her mthly pay is S$340 and maid levy is S$170 (subsidised rate). the insurance is a one-off payment made to the maid agency which i forget hw much i paid le.. we used to stay at JP then shifting down to yishun to be nearer to my mom.. how come u are not sure whether u are shifting to ya new place?

welcome luv.. normally if realy hav MS.. when will it start? since u said peak is @9-13 week

emilybaby.. hahaa.. mayb u monitor few mths lor.. if wt realy shoot up.. then try to reduce scoop or consume once every 2 or 3 days.. otherwise drink tos normal milk such as marigold etc or soy milk.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] provided if u wish to control wt.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh rina.. so u aso tik like me.. wanna MS.. hahah silly us..

tulips02.. yea agreed. me too feel quite diff tis time round.. unlike last time so gan cheong over little things & fussy over food.. now i jz go ahead but in moderate amt.. but i realise one thing.. if i drink coffee.. i suddenly puke.. oni coffee hmmm..

praylove.. ur 19thfeb is not far away.. mine is on 28thfeb! seems ages rite.. tik by then i shld b week8 or 8plus le... last time #1 i went on week5 but oni a sac detected & then advised to go back on week8 to chk if can detect heartbeat..

yes rabbi bb, not kiasu.. like wat missycandy mentioned, u can start sourcing ard n book a place... sometime for tos popular places..u might even find dat u r too late.. cos of their long long waiting list

minidiary, rina: yah I was so disappointed abt the ferry ride. Never expected it. But I had a gd rest, svc was excellent, the food was really yummy and value for money. Hb hated it tho so don't think will go there again.

rabbit bb, me too not like the idea of maid. Heard too much horror stories. But with #2, I dunno how tough it'll be so will c how it goes.

Currently my son goes to full day CC. Before that he was being taken care of by my PILs. If my PILs object to taking care of #2 due to old age then he/she'll have to go full day infant care.

Thanks tenzero for the welcome. About when start, I also dunno cos some mummies never got MS. some got MS all the way to delivery. 9-13 weeks is referring to majority.

My 1st preg: I didnt have much MS but dunno why this time I seem to have it :-(

so fast the thread going, i just wake up from napping. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tenzero,

19th feb seems so far. i also make another appt with a male gynae too on 28th feb.

luv,

ya the ferry ride is so rocking, scary. make me wanna vomit. i stayed in bintan lagoon and all use SGD. feel that i was still in Sg though...

talking bout US trip, i went there last Sept 2010. so regret I didnt buy more baby clothes over there. haha just bought some baby Gap hoodies only. branded baby items there cheap cheap like Calvin Klein, GAP, Polo Raulph and etc.

however, recently there's online GAP sales. I bought 10 baby clothes too.. haha crazie me.

rina> cos MIL ask us to stay with her, she rationalize that her place is near to my office (6min drive oh yay) and nearer my hub workplace then place is big and after BIL marry and move out this year and SIL is always staying out so her place is quite empty I guess BUT nothing is cast in stone yet..so with the baby coming along I think that will affect our decision too :p

tenzero> ya now that you gals mentioned and remind me..I think its not too ks to go and see see look look ard now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

luv> I went to Bintan 4 yrs back during CNY..it was packed with singaporeans and china chinese! during mealtime like war. I don't think I will go back there during PH too..lol

Pray&Love> tempting us sia..haha..too bad I think my trip more or less off liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

GAP online sale plus shipping is cheap too?

tenzero,

Haa..haa..i wish i won’t gain much during this pregnancy :)

I used to drink Marigold fresh milk mix with Amway Protein Powder during my 1st pregnancy. Actually this protein powder is good, I found that my girl (my #1)have a very gd strength and seldom fall sick (touch wood touch wood) since she was born. I also let my girl to drink it, I just mix it into her milk.

rabbit bb,

I use Citibank to ship from US to SG. still okay leh, one bb clothes like SGD$10-$15 include shipping. because they discount until like costs from US$2.99-US8.99 that time. so i just buy lo... I heard someone said is pantang to buy, but that time I aredi bought it because of the discount and cute bb clothes. hahaha

emilybaby,

Amway protein powder will build some strength and gain weight too. I have that last time... but good thing is as what you said, strong enuf and seldom sick

Oh sorry I didn't mean to alarm anyone about the ferry ride.

Amway protein powder sounds good. Will check it out. I took Enfamama and later Similac Mum during my 1st tri last time and gained too much weight. Subsequently was diagnosed with gestational diabetes n had to take med n ctrl diet.

Hello mommies

I was back to work today as well...so tired man...i think its due to the naps i had in the afternoon since CNY...

Today first time i feel some pain in my boobs...ouch..but it went off and on. it seems to grow bigger too! :)) so happy haha....flat becomes big boobs!

Also i realised usually i poo every morning once a day. Now it's at least twice and sometimes a mix of hard and loose stool....weird...is this normal during pregnancy? i never had half loose half hard stools usual days...i hope it's not some stomach flu bug that goes around!! :-S

I also can't wait for my appt on 19Feb...counting down 10 more days...can't wait to see bb..

I just weighed myself... OMG! i gain so much ...2kg!! even in the morning where i haven't taken breakfast yet!! really headache...

Pray&Love:

ya i oso only read abt him in forums, no real hands-on experience, hahaa... hopefully others in the forum tt used him before can comment?

i know there is another thread on him in here, but it doesnt seem to move as fast as this thread (amazing!)

Hi Ladies,

This thread is moving faster and faster.

I have really bad MS. Feeling nausea from the moment I woke up in the morning till night. And extremely tired. 1 happy thing, I have no more spotting[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tulips02, creamdonut, emilybaby & luvagape

Welcome!

Tulip02 - I have a boy too at 20months now, June 09 baby. Is this your 2nd one? Are you wishing for a gal like me? Keke

Tenzero - I was like you also secretly hoping to hav MS cos can lost weight. Who knows I am suffering bad MS now but still can eat. Guess I can't escape from gaining weight[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Regards milk powder - I am taking Anmum as I find it is not that sweet. They are going to have their forum on 9th April, 12.30pm to 5pm which includes some topics on pre&post diet, confinement soup cooking demo, Antenatal & yoga exercise etc. More info can be found at Feb Motherhood mag or you can call 66026591 for registration. $10 per person and free goodie worth over $80. Think their goodies are full of milk powder.

luv, since ya #1 is alr in full day cc then ya pil onli nd to focus on ya #2 ma.. then no nd to put #2 to infant care le ma.. they said each pregnancy is different so cannot compare ya 1st pregnancy with the rest..

minidiary, so u still deciding which gynea to go? how was the weather in us when u go in sep? yah.. i heard tt the branded clothing and toys are veri cheap there.. u onli get some?

rabbit bb, i see.. they staying in 5-rm flat? but bishan is a gd location.. got gd sch there also.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] whr is ya new place? somewhr whr bishan?

guava, so shiok!!! u onli went back to work today.. envious leh... i read from the internet that hard and loose stools is normal as long as it is not LS those kind.. hee.. i dun dare to weigh myself.. :p

Amici grapes,

to help with the MS, maybe you can try dry crackers..eg. soh tah biscuits. That's what most of the website says.

rina,

hehehe dont envy la...CNY break mah..but so dreaded to go back to work, you can imagine the speed i was at today...haha..engine still haven't warmed up yet...so sleepy in the afternoon cos usually i take naps during holidays. :p

Oic...phew,i tot why suddenly my stool changes. Gynae told me the prenatal vitamin i am taking contains iron which will cause constipation but so far, i only notice hard and loose stools, so I thought i caught some bug...

oic, thanks rina for the info! so sleepy now...think i go zzz rest now...otherwise tomorrow cannot survive in office...

my colleague today spotted me wearing flats and test water...i quickly pretended and changed topic...how i wish i can let go of this secret soon...

good night mommies!

Wow this forum is going really fast. I'm beginning to feel tired and need to nap. Ms not yet.

Thanks amici_ grape. And yes I'm secretly wishing for a gal...hhehehehhehe...

Think I won't be going to the gynea till next mth. Anyway I'm taking folic acid now so think still ok.

Pray& love: I always buy old navy stuff n gap online the stuff are so nice. When I went ny in 09 I bought 1 suitcase full of baby stuff. The varieties there are so wide. Even my son' godma who lives in ny often buy suitcase full of baby stuff whenever she back. It so fun right to shop for baby stuff. ;)

Rina,

After finish my meal, I have heartburn and will start puking. Hence, I try to eat small potion. Surprisingly, my appetite is still there even after puking. Think my wish of maintaining average weight gain is gone. Haha

Guava,

I read somewhere but haven't try. Can give a try next time if MS getting bad.

guava,

same same here, gained 2 kg too. i poo poo in the early morning once i wake up, but not twice. my 1st appt on 19th feb too. let's countdown together!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

creamdonut,

yeah i just read from forum too and the forum not tat active. it's my first time to accept male gynae. haha hopefully it's a comfortable one. that will be on 28th Feb.

Amicigrapes,

I only have MS in the morning, no appetite to eat and tummy bloated. But once it hit 3pm, im getting non stop eating till night. crazie...

Which mag to buy for begining of pregnancy? Im thinking to get some magazines too as my hubby will be away to HK for 6days. Im going to be home alone. hopefully my MS dont kick in.

rina,

im still undecided. but just make my frst appt with a gynae that can accomodate to meet on Sat 19th Feb, in AMK hub. then on 28th Feb, appt with the real gynae before my trip to HK on 2 March. Weather in US during Sept and Oct... it's unpredictable. somtimes cold till 12, sometimes very hot too. ya i only get some because also hard to know if im fertile to have bb or not. The branded clothing there is super cheap compare to SG very much.

tulips02,

ya ya GAP and OLD navy stuff online are really nice and affordable. I wish to buy more that time when I was in US, but my hubby stopped me because no sign of bb yet ma... haha so i just bought my stuff, Coach, Kate Spade, are cheapest there!

So many updates! Hard to catch up :p

rina: yeah I dun mind them taking care of #2 since #1 was being taken care by them until he went 3 hrs CC at 18 mths. He only started full day on 1 Feb. But I was worried abt their ailing health due to weak legs n poor eyesight. But they reassured me last night they dun mind. So infant care is no go until #2 turns 18 mths.

Guava: Same here too, red ugly pimples have popped out! Me now ugly mummy.

Ok, 1st gynae appt booked on 18 Feb. Hope I can see my tiny little bean with heartbeat!

Hi tulip, having this bloated feeling the moment I woke up. Felt like puking but nothing came out. Was v v tired last nite. How abt u?

hello MTBs..Good morning~

Just had breakfast, feeling very bloated. I'm gg for my gynae appt this sat, hopefully the scan can see something already otherwise gynae mentioned virginal probe :s so paisay

Rina> not really she stay in terrace house, my new place in punggol :x

morning gals!

later i am gg for my app with my gynea.. looking forward to it!

minidiary, heehee.. choose one tt u are most comfortable with.. cos he/she will be lookg after ya every natal needs..

rabbit bb, no wonder.. a terrace hse is big! bishan is a gd area with gd sch.. u shld consider ya pil's offer.. :p

Hey gals,

I'm back, feeling better already.. so far puking stopped. appetite slowly building up.

see my gynea on last tue, baby so tiny. going back on 1 march to hear heart beat.

craving for mcd filet o fish, gonna order for delivery later!

blanqq,

welcome back. glad that you are well. did the gynae said what's wrong?

i'm having KFC today..haha..now abit conscious about food intake. Don't dare to eat too much and take sugary things cos I'm not slim to begin with..lol

Hi luv so far only feel tired n sore breast, feel hungry easily praying ms dun come hehehe.....

So where is everyone going for their gynea?

kfc yummmy...

im get tired of rice n chinese food. maybe i cook at home too much. feel wanna puke when think of rice, vege n fish... chinese style

Hi!Gd afternoon to all of you here!

yawn..feel very sleepy recently, my eyes almost can't open when meeting with bos tis morning :p

tis few days i found that my jean are very tight liao, make me almost can't breath..my tummy become bigger and bigger liao..hee..hee..(bcos inside got more fat liao)

anyone here face consipation problem? anyone can teach me how do we solve tis problem?

Can we continue to eat Royal Jelly (capsule type)now?

emilybaby,

i also dunno can continue royal jelly or not. but i've stopped and only take FA. Eat more fruits n drni more water... i always poo poo early morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] haha

Good afternoon everybody!

Waahhh... KFC and Mac sounds so tempting... but I can't eat :p

minidiary, yes let's countdown! 8 more days for me and 9 more days for you!

I'm seeing LC Cheng from TMC. He's the best gynae I know. Stitches are excellent.

emilybaby> I think for constipation try to take more prune, I heard banana is not suitable for preggers though. I read Vit A also not suitable for us.

So far also slight dizzy, sometimes sore boobies..pants also tighter, wonder is it the CNY goodies. hehe..

tulips02> so far I'm visited DR Chen at Bishan 8, going one more time this sat but I saw that he delivery at MT E..cannot afford sia now need to keep a lookout for other gynae too doing delivery at TMC or Mt A.

Back