(2011/10) Oct 2011

My MS was so bad that I basically can't eat anything. Lost 3 kg for the past few days, cannot tahan, have to see doc later.

hi ladies,

tomolo im going back to SG early morning coach. 5hours journey again. i hope it's a very smooth one for me. so far so good still. think to consult a gynae tmr... will try to book with one... anyone.. haha because it's my first preggie and dunno what to expect. i cant wait for 19th feb for my first appointment...

blanqq,

your MS is really bad. how come so sudden? better go consult gynae asap... take care and rest well...

tenzero,

ya still have discharge on and off. no pain, no sore, no itchy. now no cramp aredi after that day. everything just so normal like what am i used to be... I will try to book an appt tmr, just to check check if can. my hubby and i just cant wait until 19th feb... too long to go.

amicigrapes,

ya i think im lucky... hopefully remains throughout the pregnancy. i have alot appetite to eat somemore. eat this and that. every morning and night, drink Anlene Milk because hungry. i think im going to gain weight! sour plum, i do eat too... because sometimes felt bloated... but now alll MS gone

amicigrapes> yea, uncreatively used Rabbit BB...since its gonna be a Rabbit baby..lol

I went to Bishan 8 clinic on Sat, Dr SH Chen was back to do some clean up before start work, clinic was empty and we barged in..haa..anyway he did a scan for me, found nothing(?! now is about 5wks +) he said could be too early and next weekend will be better time to see. Did the urine test and the result didn't come out (suppose to wait 3 mins) then he said morning first urine is the best specimen, so told us to go back this coming Fri. During payment saw the faint (2nd) line appear. Hmm..anyway now just wait and see.

Paid $147 for a scan that saw nothing, and a urine test that didn't really showed. He prescribed my some folic acid to take though :/

keeping my options for other gynaes too..

Just check with fellow MTBs, what other supplements do you take other than folic acid? All along I take Blackmore Vit C and Centrium Multi-vit, is it suitable to carry on the multivit? I read online somewhere that some vitamins in multivit supplement is not suitable for preggies. Any recommendations? I went to Guardian, Watsons and Unity and didn't see any for preggies only one blackmore Gold (is it more for lactating moms?)

Cheers~

Hi Gals,

I'm back to work today, feeling refresh after a long weekend holiday! Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone!!

Just browsed through the posts that I missed out these few days.

Misscandy, I'm the one asking for the book. Thanks for the info. :)

Hello and congrats, rabbit bb and Bee!!

Blanqq, sorry to hear that your MS is so bad... hopefully it will be over soon for you. Take care.

Pray&Love, guess you should be on your way back now. Ya, hopefully its a smooth one for you.

Happy New Yr!!!

I'm so happy to able to join this thread as I was trying for the past few months and finally it's POSTIVE!!! It my 2nd pregnancy.....

hello mummies to be!

im back to singapore safely. just abit drowsy during the journey and make me wanna vomit. but everything is controllable. having Twinnings Ginger Lemon tea now and my drowsy gone. started hungry again...

i cant book any gynae today as well, all fully booked. dunno why so hard for me to book my gynae for first appt. i wish to do a scan today to see if everything is alright. but sadly again, no gynae wanna see me. so gotta wait until 19th feb, for my first appt.

later guess i will drop by GP. see if she got any advise... haha i have abit sorethroat too..

so sad that I didnt follow my hubby to HK business trip in Feb. gotta be lonely at home

welcome home blanqq & praylove.. rest well

rabbit bb, im aso jz taking centrum multivit & folic acid too..

welcome tulips02

Thanks tenzero.

I'm really happy as I have been trying for months. Now my boy is 18 mths, and he is super sticky to me now. Not sure is it because of my pregnancy.

Regarding traveling, I have been traveling almost every month when I was pregnant with my first baby. As long if u feel well enough and careful I'm sure it is ok.

Enjoy your pregancy ladies, i'm sure I will! ;)

rabbit bb, i think for the moment, folic acid should be sufficient.

minidiary, should be ok if no spotting but u just be careful and monitor your discharge.

hi bee, welcome to the thread! ya morning sickness kicks in so fast?

hi tulips02, welcome to the thread! yah.. when mummy are pregnant, the kids will be more fussy.. tt wat happ to my #1 too! but i love this 'attention' from him!

hi all! i've tested positive on HPT, yet to see a gynae. duno which one to choose though, hahhaha... any recommendations?

also, the raw food restriction is a bit sad cos its cny now n i cant eat yusheng [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

went to GP yesterday, doc said im 6+weeks based on her counting and EDD 1oct. i dunno how accurate she is because if im using babycentre.com.sg to calcultate only 5+weeks. Doc only prescribed herbal lozenges for my throat. haih... don think it will cure so fast without antibiotic.

rina,

yeah no spotting but sorethroat. make me wanna vomit vomit when smell something bad that irritates my throat like smoke smell or cny praying stuff. yucks...

welcome creamdonut!

i havent see any gynae too. will see in 8 weeks... hope isn't too late. i have difficulty looking for the gynae i want because hubby only free on Sat. so i simply choose a gynae that free on Sat now.

hi tulips02!

really can travel? where you travel every month? i just cancelled my HK trip on 10feb to 16feb. because havent see any gynae yet. so play safe cancelled it. but my HK march trip i've booked. hopefully i can travel too.

Hi!Hi!

I’m very happy cos I can move to this thread after my 8 mths of TTC journey. Thks god for giving me a big ang pao in this Golden Rabbit Year.

Currently I’m 5 weeks+ and this is my no 2 baby, I really hope everything will be fine and smooth as per my no.1 baby. This time still can’t decide which gynae I have to go cos the gynae that I visited for my no.1 has been transfer from KKH to TMC. I actually still prefer KKH - The Private Suite. At the moment, I very kiasu cos i have booked for 2 appointment with 2 different gynae liao. My 1st appointment will be on 16/02 with a male gynae who clinic is just nearby to my house. He is actually quite a nice person and his charges also cheaper if compare to KKH but he only can do delivery at TMC. Another 1 is a female gynae at The Private Suite- KKH on 14/03. Wao, their consultant fees has been increase by 15% compare to year 2009. I think everything must be increase liao but why our subsidy of the pre-checkup medical fees never increase leh?

My MS had been started yesterday, but still no too bad. I still can eat a lot a lot leh. I think I cham liao cos sure I will gain a lot during this pregnancy de.

Happy Rabbit year everyone!!

Hi rabbit bb,

I have same estimated edd date as you!

I didnt manage to scan anything also at first visit to gynae but alraedy tested +ve. Apparently my irregular menses is causing this cos I can see water sac 2 weeks after.

Hi Pray&Love,

You r back!! I just came back just now. I told my mom abt the good news first, her eyes became very big suddenly and supposedly excited and wanna scream but she has to control cos i ask her to keep to herself, don't let ppl know first until 1st tri is over. cos words spraed very fast there!! It was quite funny to see her expression.haha. my dad, as cool as ever, gave us a congrats. While my sis ...super excited LOL!

How did yours go?

I will ask my gynae in 2 weeks time whether i can fly in March. If he says no prob, then it will be a great moment/timing to share the news with in laws. Heehee.

Hi Happyenough,

Did you break the good news to your family yet?

How did it go?

I was exhausted over the CNY.. managed to nap 2 hours everyday...shiok!! :p dono if i can take it tomorrow at work...sianz..

Hello everyone! I am back! Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone! It was wonderful being among my close family members and being pampered for Chinese New Year.

Guava, I have broken my news to my family members and close friends. They are all super excited. My parents are gonna be first time grandparents so they are so happy too.

I have not had any MS yet, but my tummy is cramping alot and I am spotting everyday. There was one day that I was jumping and running quite a bit and my spotting was quite bad. Really scared me - so now I slow down when I walk.

Pray&Love - hope you get well soon. Drink lots of water, ya!

A big warm welcome to emilybaby, creamdonut,tulips02...

welcome back Guava and Happyenough,

so happy to hear that you all break the news aredi. Im still secretly hiding. argghhh.. hide so bad. haha I've cancelled my Feb HK trip, leave it for March. I hope to travel by then...

I've booked my first appt with female gynae located near my house. AMK Hub. and can accomodate for Sat appt. so my hubby can go together.

but for the real gynae, im still figuring out. Still comparing and read forum only. should I choose lady gynae or male gynae? my first pregnancy, afraid im shy with male gynae. any suggestion?

Pray&Love, I cancelled my trip to Indonesia that was scheduled for end of this month. So my hubby is going alone. I don't think I wanna take the risk.

You are going to Dr Michelle right? When is your appointment?

happyenough,

ya i cancelled my trip to hk also, supposely 10feb til 16feb. hubby goin for biz trip. how i wish to follow.

my first appt with Dr Michelle on 19th Feb. I just make another appt with Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC on 28th Feb. Im still doubting myself can accept male gynae or not. What's the experience with male gynae?? shy or not?

Hi emilybaby,

Welcome! same here, been drinking softdrinks and eat eat eat non stop over CNY...:p gotta watch my weight too!

Hi Happyenough,

happy for you! my in laws are first time grandparents too!

oh dear, better not jump and run man! I dont even dare to hand carry luggage cos abt 4-5kg...even laundry basket, i split into 3 rounds to carry over from washing machine to hang up my clothes.

Hi Pray&Love

still gotta watch out what we say cos relatives' antenna very strong signal one! haha...still gotta keep quiet for now. but during CNY, i hav been avoiding pineapple tarts (which is my fav!!)Luckily no one noticed. but a lot of ppl ask us when is our turn to hav baby...irritating question each CNY!!! i managed to change topic and they forgot abt it after that...wahahaha!

It's quite difficult to keep secret. esp now i oredi started wearing flats. my colleagues been testing water! i pretend of course!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can't wait for my next gynae appt.

Wishing all mummies here a smooth pregnancy ahead!

Hi! Happyenough, thks for the welcome! :)

Pray&love,

Heard a lot of people said that male gynae is more gentle leh, not sure whether is it true? I personally only done the pre-pregnancy checkup with the male gynae in Nov last year. Starting will feel a bit pai sei (shy) but after talking talking to him then feel nothing liao. If not bcos of I want to delivery in KKH, I think I’ll continue to see him, too bad he will only do delivery in TMC.

Thanks for the calendar, Guava.

emilybaby - you are very welcome! You are experienced mummy to be, so must share with us your knowledge ya.

Pray&Love - actually the first time you have a male gynae doing the examination, you feel kinda odd. But after subsequents exams, you will overcome the fear! :)

Guava

hee..hee..i hav gain 10 kgs after giv birth my 1st baby till now still look fat like auntie lor! Tis time I think I’ll be the same, maybe more jia lat leh! I told my hubby tat now I have excuse to eat more cos now not mummy want to eat, is baby inside wan to eat leh! wakekekekeke…

Happyenough

This 2nd pregnancy I hope I’ll be more “experience” than before, at least I know what should buy and what should not waste $ to buy liao. I read a lot of book (Chinese version) about pregnancy, mummy & baby from the library during my first pregnancy, can learnt a lot of new tips from those book.

Now I already started to drink Milk Powder for pregnant women daily, you also can try if you like.

emilybaby,

what milk powder you drink? im thinking to buy one, but there's alot brand out there. not sure which is good and suits my taste. which brand u drink?

ya heard from ppl said male gynae more gentle. but im so afraid the pai sei feeling..

thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

emilybaby: u referring to dr tham? i read a lot about him in various threads. y u dun wana follow him to tmc?

Pray&Love: i tink will get used to male doc bah. if the doc is professional, i tink male or female would be a secondary concern? most impt is whether u got rapport with the doc anot. its the "feel" i guess [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pray&love,yes not too full cream,i think almost same like anlene.U also can mix with some milo powder, very nice :)

hi tulips02, my gal aso becum so sticky & fussy nowadays.. a lil thing can aso make her throw missy tantrums..

hi rina, im opposite of u.. dont love this 'attention' frm her..haha very tiring & make me easily anger..

welcome creamdonut, well dont hav to totally restrict ur diet if everything is in moderate intake.. unlike during my #1 time, tis time round, i ate salmon sashimi thou bout the most 3 or 4 pieces..i ate pineapple tarts, bak kwa etc too.. i drank coke..drank coffee etc... like no restrictions for me at all..but all in moderate amt.. sounds bad?

hi-5 emilybaby & guava.. me aso eat alot alot..

praylove..agreed wif them.. most importantly is whether or not u click wif the doc who is gng to stick wif u for mthssss till delivery..

emilybaby, last time i aso drank milk dat is for pregnant.. but later was told by my then too pregnant frend dat we muz drink moderately (mayb less one scoop as per instruction or drink once every 2 days cos veryyy fattening.. cos her wt shoot up quite fast n seeing me shoot up alot within 4/5 mths, she told me to stop.. so dunno how accurate her info is..

btw gals.. do u still feel alot of new symptons or some symptons has been missing? like me.. i oni feel sore breasts still & sudden face outbreak dat all.. tos on & off cramping, nausea feeling aso gone.. silly me actualy secretly hoping to hav MS..kekeke gosh! cos tot i can lost my pre-pregancy wt! heard frm my tos frends who hav MS surely lost wt n oni put on a little wt till end of their pregnacy... i nvr hav any MS when having my #1gal.. silly tots

Thank s for the welcome ladies. My ms has not kick in yet and I hope not cause my 1st tri the precipice time was really bad. I feel sick the whole day and very very tired and doc have to give me a month mc to stay home to rest. Lucky now I'm a sahm so can rest anytime.

Pray&love: I went Phuket for my babymoon after my 1st tri as I was much better. I went to Cameron highland, hk, bintan a few times, Trengganu,

Dear all, please beware of CL auntie Meijie. Her contacts are 93500170(sg), +60165181278 & +60125841293. She is not fit to be CL and claimed that she has worked as CL for more than 10 years. I am sharing here so as to cautious future mother not to face the bad experience I have, more important is the harm done to the new-born baby.

First, she got no sense of hygiene at all. She got long fingernails and kept on dropping her hair. U can see hairs almost everywhere. baby bath basin, towels, feeding towels etc.

Second, her cooking skills sucks as the food got no taste at all. Think her taste buds got issue as she got to eat at least 3 chilli paties every meal. She don't know how to cook confinement food to help the mother to release the wind or reducing the tummy.

Third, she like to deny things even if she got caught. e.g. use baby clothing pail to soak her clothes.

Fourth, she is not automatic in doing housework like vacuum and mopping floor. Got to instruct her to do.

Fifth, she do things at her own convenience with no consideration of the baby and mother's welfare. She can wash her clothes when the baby is awake, leaving the baby alone.

Sixth, she dunno how to operate equipment such as warmers, steriliser etc.

Last of all and the most important point, she told me she don't want to work anymore when I told her to do her work seriously after spotting her not cleaning my baby hygienely and allowing shit to be on my girl's pussy.

Feel free to msg me if u want to know more and happened to have booked her in advance. Pls think thrice to confirm her as ur CL

Hi mummies and MTBs, I just tested positive this morning. It's a total surprise as we BD only once. And I'm still nursing my 22 month son. 2nd preg. EDD is 5 Oct.

My prev gynae was LC Cheng TMC. I hope he'll support my breastfeeding and pregnancy.

Good Morning everyone!

tenzero, thks for the info. Before I start to drink the milk, I already a fat women, then now had become more fat liao..haa..haa..

luv, welcome! my girl is 22 mths old also. Yr son is it April 2009 baby?

Thanks for the welcome, happyenough n emily! :)

I feel like puking upon swallowing food but nothing came out. This is so unlike my 1st preg.

Emily, yes my son was born on 3 April. I created the Apr 2009 thread but was too inactive as I'd no time to catch up.

Hope I'm more active here :)

creamdonut,

ok ok i will try to ignore the gender... haha my booking with Dr Tham is on 28th Feb. that's the only day my hubby can take leave. so will go with the first appt near my house on Sat, Dr Michele at AMK Hub. You heard bout Dr Tham also? is he good? I read forum review only. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tulips,

wow got babymoon, then i should demand from my hubby a babymoon too.. haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you've travelled lots place during preggie. good good!

emilybaby,

got any sample to test out first before buying? i see the packaging is very big. afraid i don drink it.

tenzero,

now my cramp on off feeling gone aredi. wondering why everyday MS different. sometimes not even a MS in a day... just eat alot alot alot and also sore breasts

Welcome LUV!!!

Pray&love: You should! if you are feeling better you should go hav a holiday. Just need to becareful that all. This is ur 1st pregancy right? Enjoy it. It's a joy.

tenzero, ^5! me too leh.. want ms to control wt gain and to know tt my bb is growing.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Welcome to the thread, emilybaby & Luv!

Tenzero: Same like you, for this pregancy i have not much control too. I drank coke, tea, eat sashimi twice a week....ehhehehe...seem kind of relax for the 2nd one. Feel abit gulity...

tulips,

ya my first pregnancy. excited! not much MS now, is baby growing? still waiting for my 1st appt on 19th feb...so far away. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

somemore my hubby is goin biz trip tomolo till 16th feb. im gonna be all alone.. so bored. hope my emotions stable, if not cry for loneliness.

Thanks all for the welcome!

Pray&Love, MS will normally peak at 9-13 weeks where it'll taper off until the 2nd trimester where it's so called the honeymoon period.

Try to keep your emotions in check. I heard from people to think positive thots during my last preg and tried to do so despite the challenges. Now my boy is so cheery and happy. Maybe there is some sense in what people say.

minidiary, heehee.. i also feel tt my app with gynea is so far away when it is on thurs afternoon.. :p u wont be alone.. still got forum.. can chat on the forum lor.. :p

luv,

peak 9-13 weeks? i hope not le... im going for my HK trip by then. don come MS don come. I hav very good appetite from afternoon onwards till night. eat too much. looks like everyday gain 1kg. crazy me...

ya i hope i can control my emotion. i love to cry.. dunno why. hahaha

rina,

ya do chat with me more... keep the forum alive! if not, i will be all alone. im not working, so stay at home during my hubby biz trip... will be damn lonely.

my first appt will be my 7-8weeks i think. will it be too late? no choice, my hubby only free on Sat.

luv, my fren said her ms start from wk 6... heehee.. alot of us booked hols in mar w/o knowning tt we are pregnant so hopefully the ms doesnt come in then.. :p

minidiary, i hope to chat too.. but if i am not too bz at work.. heeehee..

Pray&love, for enfamum, I don’t knw whether there is any sample that will be giving for testing. But, I knw Annum & Similac mum have cos I got it before from my friend. Maybe you can try to check from their web-site.

I think 1st appointment when we are 8 weeks is OK, not too late bah cos last time my first appointment with gynae also on 8 weeks, I can hear baby’s heartbeat le :)

minidiary, rina: no worries about the MS peak bah. We can still go travelling if we can take it. I know of someone who travelled near to her EDD after gynae gives approval.

I also just came back from Bintan over the CNY hols w/o realising the preg and merlioned big time in the ferry ride there. Think I better take it easy and not travel.

But I'm kinda sad as i'm hoping to go either Taiwan or Aust this year. Looks like gotta take a back seat Liao :-(

rina,

ya alot of us booked trip during March. so I wish no MS for us during that period.... haha I hope no bz at work for u, so u can chat often here.

emilybaby,

see if gynae got sample to test. will try to ask. now im drinking soymilk. hopes alot nutrient for baby too. my 19th feb seems so long for me, i cant wait to hear bb hearbeat and check if bb is fine tere. hope bb is fine and stick with me.

luv,

i went to Bintan too during my fertile period. Wow the shaky ferry ride almost make me wanna vomit when i saw ppl were vomitting plus heavy rain somemore. I think this is my first and last time to Bintan. haha

Hello jasie, tulip02, emilybaby, luv! More and more moms and MTBs here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hihi Guava> same EDD date so qiao! lol. wonder if will be earlier cos first time..

today back to work, no mood..haahaa. So far no serious ms yet *TOUCHWOOD* having the tender boobies (not so tender today actually), a little dizzy, super bloated stomach (maybe due to lunch). Adding to that is rapid heartbeat and a little short of breath :/

ya, my hub and I was actually planning a F & E US trip this year end. Now cannot go so high chance will be a babymoon in may (during our anniversary) to taiwan or maybe aust (can shop for baby stuff! hehe) let see how first, now with baby coming along need to be more prudent so short trip only.

Just checking with working moms, who will help to look after baby after you maternity leave is over? If my MIL is not helping then we will have to consider infant care, been researching online..i read there are actually good review (other then the easy fall sick part) for baby development as well.

Hmm..only few week preg and seems like very kiasu thinking so far..LOL

luv, i went batam on chu san despite knowing i was preg cos alr booked.. cos messy and crowded over there.. i wont wanna go there on cny again! luckily for me, no ms yet so i quickly take a nap to avoid the rocky feelg.. our plan to go US in last qtr of tis yr also cancelled cos of my pregnancy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] have to re-plan le..

minidiary, i love u... but my bosses will hate u! heeeheee...

rabbit bb, ok de... aiyo.. my US trip also cancelled.. sianz lor... it is good to plan ahead.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back