(2011/07) July 2011

nana-mum> oh gosh, you started to hv backaches a few mths back..must be hard on you coz i know its unbearably aching at times. i m wondering can apply plaster or not??

chinook> ic..at least you can relax after he has graduated. hehee...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] for me, yeah definitely i will go look for a job almost immediately after my confinement. i will be dumping my bb to my mil. i cant wait to go out to work...yippeee.. feel super bored staying at home jobless now, plus cannot anyhow spend $ due to only my dh is working. so sianz at times.

luckily you got some health insurance to help you out.

feimei> i also cant wait to see my baby, super curious how she looks like. 3 more plus months to go! yippeee!!

xinyue> yeah it can be quite frustrating to get those stuff you didnt really like...but at least your mil is concern and anxious for you lor. i dun get to see or hear my mil at all unless i called her up to accompany me for e gynae visit or go over for meal. wondering whether she likes my bb gal or not.

chinook> so when will u be coming back to sg for good or u will be staying put there for good? who will be taking care of ur bb after ur bb is born? also your confinement?? does it make your bb an australia citizen?? hehee....

my dh is working in china, so i m all alone here in sg. w/o job n husband, my life can be quite boring but has gotten used to it coz no choice for me lor. gotta bite on e bullet and get on wif my life..hehee..i m quite a cheerful gal (when no moodswing..haha) coz life no trouble, live simply. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hehee..

i guess i talk too much now, maybe i m in happy mood. just now chat wif some old aunties at e void deck. one of them commented my stomach looks like bb gal. she is sooooo right! hahaa..guess my stomach looks rounded. hehee...i wanted a bb boy! *scream*

xinyue> thou we n PIL stay not far...but i avoid gg up their place...hahahahahaa...n NEVER ever mention wan to go n buy bb things...i already told hubby upfront....if ur mum keep taking things fr ppl or relatives n wan to push everything to my hse...i will throw away all...not that i dun wan to use hands-down things but i already told her millions of times...i already got the things...dun take fr ppl ANYMORE!!! if these words jus can't get into her ears...i will not repeat myself again n will jus dump the things away!!! most of the stufss...i din buy...all fr my frenx n cousins...we r of the same generation mah...soo they knoe wat is suitable for me....MIL jus take n take things where ppl say give u...i knoe they r of good wills but to them...is like u r helping them to 'throw' away the things, right??? some of the things r dunnu how many generation ago...still can use??? so she no different fr gar-rang guni, right??? hahahahhaaa

janice > maybe ba.. but not when we already have certain things and still have to get extra to please her.. things from MIL's side are like precious gold and things from my side are like rubbish meant for beggars, u get me?

ur mil let u have ur own freedom and u can make ur own decision. and yet, when u approach her, she didnt push u away? or maybe she is already bz with those living with her??

feimei > i agree with u. lucky u. hubby will insist to visit her once a week. if he one day dont call home, she will immediately call and ask how come he nv call.. hai.. both hubby and her don't care. my house is like a rubbish bin to them both. they can give me spoilt equipments or old stuffs. even my dowry is old things which dont fit me.. wait throw away, they ask abt it how??

sigh.. i dun have cousins who are nice enough to give me things. me the first one to get preggy among my friends. so no such luck. only one biao yi say giving me stuffs. she quite modern la.

xinyue> i hv no idea..just wondering does she cares or not?? tats her only grandchild lor. she is a nice simple old lady, but i just wonder does she cares at times. anyway its also good when i got my own freedom ba.

xinyue> hahah..u r so funny, they give you all e rubbish stuff. hahaa..old pple r like tat one, they like to collect a lot stuff...wondering whether i will be like them when old although i belongs to e modern world woman. but you never know how is it like when you are old. hehee...

my parents got 1 extra room which they can just rented it out or prepare an extra bed there. but instead it becomes a storeroom immediately after my bro shifted out. wat a waste!

janice> i wun repeat zillion times la...they wan to push the things...i will take back n dump into the bin at my hse...my hse not garang-guni hse... =P

xinyue> ur hubby is good la...i din expect my hubby to always go back my hse w mi so he wun ask mi to go his hse often too...unless he wan to go back take things...then he will say we drop by awhile...other then that....we r all by ourselves...his brother n wife make an effort to go back every wk for dinner...hahahhaa...but i dun bother... =P wat a bad DIL i am!!! i moved fr east to west, hoping if got bb, MIL will help to take care but seem like her earning is impt than looking after grandchildren...then fine...i wun hv much thing to ask for help fr her...my aunties n frenx oso telling me its a good thing tat my MIL not looking after my bunny for me...becos she in the olden era...n all these while hv not been looking after babies or kids...i will oso bu fang xin for her to look after...soo it's a 'blessing in disguise' lol...

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader for a while...having a girl this July as well...just want to ask if any mothers have been experiencing breathlessness? am approaching 26 weeks..dunno if its due to the under-wired bra or its normal?

feimei n xinyue...oh dear how come MIL like that...sometimes just wonder r they really that helpful or...can't they just leave all things to us...

Xinyue..ur MIL...choose the thing still ask ur hubby to paid...u mean u can't reject her whenever she force u n hubby to go buy bb stuffs?

hi welcome min....yes i do exp breathless at times...cos i in HR....sometimes need to conduct interview...imagine when i need to lists out all the benefit n term...i will be short of breath...haha...so i try to talk slowly

sunshinebb:thanks! actually I am still wearing my "pre-pregnancy" bra with 2 extensions...haha...dunno whether its better to start wearing nursing bra? any mummies started wearing nursing bras? is it more comfortable? expensive?

J2010T:hi...ya..the breathlessness started last week and more obvious when I am wearing those strapless underwired bra..think i better stop wearing them..sigh..

sunshine> one sentence in short: jus dun bother w them too much!!! hahahahaha...wat we told them, they oways one ear in n one ear out...soo when they tok to us, let them hv the taste of their own med...we oso one ear in, one ear out lol...hahahaha...

min> over the wkend...i feel my bra got extra tight till very breathless n making me very pek chey + the stupig HOT weather...i oso on 2 extension liao...but ytd n today are ok worr....weird!!! jus bot a nursing bra ytd when actually buying some panties...then aunty intro to buy nursing bra lol...i bot truimph one...$32.90...my col say ok for the brand la...then ltr in the day, i shop fr gamrket...test water buy another nursing bra fr korea...onli $11.40 inclusive of shipment...hahahaha...but brand-less lah...see how quality is like when rec...if not bad...can continue buy fr there...no need really go for brand.... =P

Feimei: hi...ya!! it comes and goes..so funny..I wanted to check out Spring but my hubby say no need to waste money to buy nursing bra...just go to those pasar malam store to buy those cheap bras in bigger sizes....but I never wear before..dunno comfortable etc...guess have to buy 1 to try out..

J2010T/sunshinebb> depends on whether my bb will turn or not. looks like she has been putting put at her original place since day 1. heheee...wat a lazy sleepy head. actually i super worried tat my v will be loosen if go for natural. tats why.

min> me will feel breathless after a long walk. if i wear wired bra, sit down to eat my lunch, i feel suffocated too. so at home, i wear wireless bra, feel much relaxed n relieved. hehee..

Janiice, u going for c-sect. I want to try normal for this time round.. Even though c-sec in in demand. But u must think of pros n con too if got a choice.

Femei, Luckily yr mil nt looking aft yr bb. Jf nt she will surely bring 'good' things for her everyday..

feimei> wow u super bo chap...hehee..just like me. but i hv chosen a flat nearby to my parents' hse (considered lucky) coz

- wanna go back to see/grooming my dogs

- can go home eat at times.

Janice, if that is the case, its best for u to go c-sec.. Everyone hv their reasons. Its nt a bad choice actually. But i want to try norm again if can. If nt i will opt for c-sec atraight away too. Nt satisfied that i hv to go through emer-csec for my #1 Hahaha.. but its oklah.. My son is 22mths already..

min: then i think you need to change ur bras. tat time i feel my old bras are tight quickly went to buy new bras during 1st tri.

feimei: i wanted to buy from Gmarket too. but afraid that the size dun fit me. comment when ur bras arrived.

Janice: i would like to have natural dunwan to have a line on my stomach. if not next time cannot wear binkin. hahah

janice > grandchild ma.. she cares de.. else, she wont accompany u when u ask her along for ur gynae visit. maybe she dunno how to show it out? or she might felt, she from older generation.. and our generation diff way of doing things, she dun wan to interfere too much??

yeah.. old ppl like to collect stuffs. these stuffs like precious to them. yeah.. maybe one day we will be like them too.

sometimes renting out is not that good an idea.. especially when landlord is elderly.. u nv know what the tenant will do..

feimei > he filal la.. actually is gd not to let in law look after baby. they will suck all the 'yang qi' from the baby. bad for baby. and u both might have different views on upbringing.. so good for u in a way! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunshine> put it this way, is like.. for me, i am first time parent to be.. more or less will be excited about the baby, same for my MIL. first time grandma to be.. so she also excited.. so i can only try hard to psycho myself.. she overly excited that I fine it irritating.

sigh.. hubby too good hearted. MIL no financial means to pay and yet she yaya papaya says to pay for us.. end up hubby pays lor.. MIL like to squeeze us when she goes out with us and hubby is another willing party.. what to do..

baby> oh ic, at least u experience e c-sect before. yeah, it will be good if u can experience natural this time round. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

J2010T> i tot e line will be quite low? so still can be hidden by e bikini. maybe same line as e bikini panty? i also wanna wear bikini but i also wan the best of e both worlds. hahaa..

xinyue> yeah maybe lor. you are rite abt e renting out part. this is why my parents doesnt hv such thinking yet, so see how. its their own hse, so they decide for themselves. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xinyue> wat to do? its their son wat. my hubby also needs to pay everything for his mum, who used to be not working n now earning peanuts n will be stop working soon end of april. we can only complaint abt our dissatisfaction (not in front of dh), other than that we hv no say. -_- sianz lor...i wish my dh's family wont be depending so heavily on him.

baby> u r right...we think alike!!! hahahhaa...not only will bring 'good' thing to my bunny...will bring EVERYTHING!!! hahahahaa...

xinyue> ya...diff generation, diff upbringing...even if MIL gg to look after...oso mus 'pay' her...might as well i send my bunny to skool...i oso pay for skool fee mah...n can make frenx n got trained teachers...MIL not train leh...sooo duper long no look after bb...dunnu her skills still can swim anot...soo better dun waste time...

J2010t> sure...once i rec, will comment...actually the size i got is after i bot the truimph one...becos the aunty measure n advice me on wat size to buy...soo fr gmarket, i jus buy the same size back as the truimph one lol...

janice- haha. izit. not sure also. hahah

feimei-oic. coz i havent bought any of the nursing bra. will buy it after i gt all my baby stuffs done. still waiting for april baby fair.

feimei > yeah.. at childcare, kids more independent and more things to learn.. even if can swim, also different already. time has changed.

nursing bra ah.. i bought one with wire. the wire can take out de.. cost me $30. got it at baby fair

J2010t> ya...i hven't intend to buy yet but since the aunty intro then i c liao...aiyaa...sooner or ltr mus buy...soo jus buy one 1st lol...

xinyue> removable wire??? ahh...soo even not nursing, can use as per normal lol...good la...but during nursing....my col advised not to wear w wire...it may cos blockage of the milk duct leh...so u may wan to take note!!!

yala...even MIL can swim...she oso can't speak in proper chinese or english...end up my bunny becum hokkien-peng....i faint ahh!!! =P

J2010t> when at home, dun tink need to wear bahh...unless u got visitor...anyway, at home...already hv to latch or pump every 2-3hrs...soo ma fan to wear the bra again!!! =P

feimei > yeah.. the sales woman told me the wire can be removed. ya.. i am wearing it now.. my normal bra, can fit in la.. but cup is a bit small..

ok thanks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

-_- some MILs will like grandkids to know how to speak the dialect.. some aunties too..

thats where nursing bra comes in.. can open and show the breast. when finish pump/latch. patch it back.. no need remove whole bra..

j2010t > heard one more baby fair in june.. not sure if will it be too late for us.

I went to mothercare last week and wanted to buy nursing bras coz my bras r getting too right even with extensions.. But the lady there told me not to buy nursing bras yet lei.. She said that ours boobs will expand more in coming months so no point buying.. She recommends support bras which r just wireless bras as they r cheaper..

Most likely we won't be able to fit into the nursing bras if we buy them now coz after delivery and during breastfeeding our breasts will be engorged. All the remove clips functions on the nursing bras will b wasted..

She advised me to start shopping for nursing bra in 8th month.. And also after birth gotta buy again, depending on how our breasts change.

There's also a baby expo coming up in April right?

Today i am on mc coz of infectious flu.. And I just cooked a healthy lunch :D It feels so nice to be eating nutritious food and nt the yucky canteen food!

I found a healthy recipe for carrot-Ginger soup recommended for pregnant women and it's really easy to make lei!

http://kidshealth.org/parent/recipes/pregnant/carrot_soup.html

I added angel hair pasta and cheese into the soup.. And it tasted great!!! Mummies can go try out the other recipes on the site [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back