(2011/07) July 2011

judy_lsk

Hi Mummies,

Just tested positive myself using pregnancy kit today.

Planning to visit a gynae next month to confirm it.

Let's share here..

Hello mummies,

I have also tested positive yesterday. Pray hard pray hard this time will be successful and crossing my fingers to hope this will be a girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats to all!

Hi girls, i also tested positive on 26th October. Mine was very weird cos my last menses was on Oct 5th but i just felt so unwell - bloated, nausea, tiredness that i decided to test and i tested with several kits from faint line to very positive lines within one day. Thus, I went to GP on 27th Oct and the test was positive as well. I have booked the gynae on November 4th to confirm it as my menses suppose to come around that date as well and it is too early to tell now. So now in "unconfirmed" state! If it is true, den using online calculator, the EDD will be around 12th July.

hi Wendy.. ur 1st day of Last menses was 5th Oct?

I m contemplating to try the test kit but was told that its too soon for me. My 1st day of Last menses was 29th Sept if i didnt rem wrongly!

Hi Serene, Yes. my 1st day of last menses was on 5th Oct. I was feeling so unwell and i went to hospital just now to do a blood test and it was 295mIU/ml. I am around 4 weeks pregnant! =) You can try it now actually based on your menses on 29th Sept!

Hello,

Same I tested positive yesterday too. My last menses was 3 oct. And I want a girl too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Congrats Daph! It is my first pregnancy and i hope for a boy.. Hehe..But anyway,it is fine as long as baby is healthy.

Wendy

Mine's #2. Got a boy in my first pregnancy, now 15 months. Hoping that it's a girl so that I can close factory after this. Haha.

Haha I am oso hoping for a girl as I love little girls soooo much... My last menses on Sept 28th. Tested negative on 25th but positive on 30th. I got blocked nose since last week and this week, both breasts becum sore and sensitive. Will be seeing gynae- Dr loke at Tampines next month. I only started to take folic acid on 1st Oct and conceived on 9th Oct.

Thanks Ariel.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How about you?

Oh ya, congratulations to all...Remember to take folic acid before food. Let's keep in touch over here. So excited ya..

Hehe.. Hi Daph, pray that will be a girl for you!! Hehe.. So can close factory! Congrats girls! I also starting taking folic acid after i went GP and found out. My gynae is in Bishan area. =)

Hi Wendy,

Wouldn't it be too early to detect anything if visit gynae for scanning too early? I am not sure when to go as haven't book an appt. yet. Thought of going on 23rd Nov. I feel so bloated these days.

Daph,

Same here.. Mine's #2, boy for #1 and he is 14 months old now.. regardless boy or girl this time, most probably will close factory too. But of course, best if it is a girl!

Wendy,

Oh you visiting a gynae at Bishan? I used to visit Dr. Henry Cheng in Bishan. I am planning to see him next month.

Folic asid

The best time to take folic asid is 20 minutes after breakfast. That is the best time when you can absorb the most.

signs and symptoms

My last menses was 27th Sept. EDD should be around 4th July. Feeling easily tired, especially my back aches after standing for too long. Start to feel hungry really often. My tummy keeps growling and I feel really gassy lately..

Hi,

I just tested positive last friday. Initially was planing to go for FET in Dec af, now no need anymore. I am happy but worry also, not sure if the pregnancy can sustain or not...

Hi mummies, so sorri i post this here. I have this tupperware bottle bag that come with 2 new empty tupperware bottles.

i cant seem to post in the " want to sell section" so i post here and if any one want to buy or can teach me how to post please do so they everytime say i nt registered. duno y

i have :

-tupperware bottle bag with 2 tupperware bottles (NEW)

-1 brand bherub breast pump (1 pump only, electrical) NEW

so sorry!!

Maelyn

Our bb's age group is very similar. Somehow I feel very laid back in this pregnancy. Maybe it's the 2nd one, plus still busy with #1 so no time to think. Just fixed an appointment with Gynae. 30 nov. Haha, so late. By then I would have been in my 8th week. Just nice for the bb's heartbeat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] last time I was so excited that I was pregnant that I fixed mine of the 5th week!

daph,

I also planning to see doctor end of nov. Last time, went to see Gynae too early, at the end have to go again to check whether got heartbeat.. Now got some experience adi, at least can save one visit to the Gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Maelyn

Yes, and each visit really isn't cheap! Close to $100? I might even be seeing Gynae end of dec instead as the Gynae that I'm seeing is currently on maternity leave! Will only be back in dec. Now they have a male stand in doctor, but I think my hubby is against the idea of seeing male doctor. Haha. Will see how it goes.

hey Judy, i checked with the gynae and they say i should be able to see water bag (sac) and i got so many quetions to ask thus i going this thursday.. Hehe.. =)

Wendy,

Do you know how much Dr Henry charges like... I stay Bishan area also.. Heard that he is good too

hi et2008, i asked my friend, the normal charges for 1st trimester is about $100-$150 per visit. They have packages as well and i think it starts from 2nd trimester onwards which my friend mentioned about $800. I will ask the clinic personally this thursday. =)

Hi girls, tested positive on 31st Oct and went to Gynae on the 1st.. Can't really remember my first date of period..(am suspecting its the 29th sept as well).. =) Anyway if anyone needs a gynae, wld recommend Dr Jen Shek Wei@ AMK blk 721.

Hello mommies, sorry for disturb.

I'm letting go Clarin Treatment oil at $50

used once. Interested please pm me.

Thank u =)

Hi ladies,

I'm new to this forum. Congratulations to all the newly promoted mummies. Short intro abt myself, i'm ttc-ing for coming to a year. Still trying, hoping to see lights soon.

Would like to ask you ladies, wad are the symptoms before seeing +ve results?

Hi gals, just tested +ve too. I'm kind-of newly-married and this is my first pregnancy. Lots of mixed feelings and esp anxiety, cos read about so many things that can go wrong during a pregnancy.

Durianpuff: For me, there was a sixth sense before I missed my menses. Felt very thirsty, hungry more often (as in I just finished lunch and was hungry again), super tired. Then the missed menses. Happee ttc-ing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi, belong to to may thread actually but saw a posting in here tot i could provide some info.

Durianpuff: i didn;t actually have any specific symptoms when i was +ve, in fact, i didn;t realised i had missed my menses till 1 week later. Usually no signs at all. However, one of the very first sign includes extreme tenderness in breast (it was so painful even to touch) but then i know for some woman they also experience this just prior to their menses coming. and i also had mild backache, maybe cos its #2. Hope this helps. and good luck.

Huiling

I was married for half a year before I had my #1. Now my #1 is 15 mths and I'm expecting my #2. Count it a blessing when you have a baby. Some mums ttc for very long and they couldn't have one. The kinda feeling is very agonizing.

Btw, I know it's hard, but try not to read so much abt pregnancy. Gets you more worried. Take it easy, coz there really isn't anything you can do [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello!

i tested positive last friday! i'm excited but nervous at the same time!

the changes my body is going through... back aches, head aches, breast soreness, thirsty.. lol..

how is everyone else doing?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ladies, i sensed my pregnany very early. My LMP is on Oct 5th and i started my first test on Oct 26th when i started to feel unwell. I have backaches when i stand or walk for too long, breast soreness, alot of cramping, very very tired and sleepy! Hehe.. Tomorrow morning heading for my first gynae visit.. Hehe..

hi wendy all the best with your first gynae visit!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i went to see my family doctor last sat but as its still early nothing much could be done.. the only thing is to take it easy and relax this month heehee.. thank god i'm going to japan for a holiday to take my mind off things a bit..

oh and the exhaustion and sleepiness really gets to me too!

Hi Isabella, thanks! Me also going for a short getaway to Bintan this weekend. Asked the doctor and he is fine with short distance travel. They mentioned in 1st trimester better dun travel too far as it is still unstable.. Hehe.. Feeling crampy today again!

Me too Me too... Here are my symptoms:

- backaches when standing or walking too long

- feeling hungry easily

- feeling some light cramp in abdomen

- nipple is sensitive and itch

- need to pee during midnight

- tummy bloated at times, lots of gas, if not fart then burp.. oh GROOSSS!!

- starting to feel abit nauseous.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Daph, yup thanks, will try.

I've been having flu and a bad phlegmy cough for the past 2 weeks, but because medicines are best avoided during pregnancy (publications in medical literature is somewhat contradictory), I've been trying to fight it with my own immunity, so having a hard time, on top of the increasing bloatedness, tiredness and frequent visits to the toilet.

Wendy, update us on your first visit to the gynae yah?

hi girls..i just tested positive too yet.. Last mems on 1 Oct so my BB should be born july/end jun 2011!! its my first bb and i m very lost what I need to do.. any advise?? GP only tell me to see gynae asap to check for bb heartbeat(He say can detect heartbeat at 4 weeeks??) and position of baby (ie shd be in the womb not the tube), eat folic acid and DHA... so what else i need to do??i still not sure which gyane to get ( i stayed at Tiongbahru area)..

want to gather more info.. any one please advise me the steps, wat is diff in gynae n Paediatric ??? Is it the place u see your gyane where you got to deliver too?? what the approx charges for the gynae and hospitalisation/delivery?? any other manuals/links to find?? i dont see any useful topic here in this forum?? please help..getting very lost now.. [email protected]

Hi all Mummies or Mummies-to-be

I'm a mother of 1.. my #1 is a boy who is 25 mths. n i suspect i'm preg....cos i miss my M.. my last M was 28.10

Do keep in touch here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey happytobemum, yours are the same as mine! Haha..i need to wake up at middle of night to pee. Maybe drank too much water as well.. Haha..

et2008, you are welcome! I will let you know my experience with Dr Henry tomorrow.

Huiling, sure. I will update everyone tomorrow!

Hi chteotan, I heard that heartbeat usually starts from 6 weeks? I am sure it is not 4 weeks. Hmn.. yes, you need to eat folic acid once you are pregnant. As for DHA, i am not sure as i am not eating yet. Normally, people will source for gynae and check with them which hospitals they delivered so that gynae whom you see during pregnancy will be the one who normally delivers the baby. The approx charges for gynae is about $100-$150 ( dun quote me, as different gynae charges different prices plus every woman is different) and i know that from 2nd trimester, normally clinics have packages that you could signed up which includes all the visits plus medicine etc. You can check with each gynae. For delivery, here is a reference http://www.motherhood.com.sg/dirlistings/hospital.asp. Hope this helps.

Hi mums-to-be!!!

Dear Wendy, heehee yep i was actually abit worried about the japan trip but then my doctor gave me the go ahead, he even told me to go ahead and eat sushi/sashimi and that i could go into the hot water spring even! butttt... i'm gonna still refrain myself( as much as i can hee). safety first heehee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi maelyn!!! i'm feeling all your pain! hahaha and they say to "enjoy" feeling pregnant but sometimes its hard when i'm in the train for example and i need to puke urgently! haha

dear kv teo-tan, don't panic heehee! the baby's heart does not start forming until the 5th week and so right now just relax and sit back and maybe around the 8th week you can arrange to meet with a gynae. during these few weeks you can read through the forums and decide on a gynae. Depending on your budget and preference there's soooo many gynaes out there.. so far i've been with Dr. Peter Chew from Gleneagles for my pre-pregnancy check ups and he's ok. but its still quite far from where i live in woodlands. Right now i'm keen on visiting Dr Lawrence Ang from TMC whose clinic is at Sembawang Plaza (very close to me) He's pro natural birth and highly recommended. You might want to find a good doctor situated close to you so that you won't have to do too much travelling.

all the best to everyone in this forum!

Dear mummies

sorry to disturb. I have a bn thermos 2 x 3l shuttle chef pot.

Got as house warming. Usual price $439. Willing to let go at $300 self collection. Selling off becos I have a similar pot. Willing to accept $350 worth of robinson, mothercare and or ntuc vouchers.

Good to boil the confinement tea and food and daily cooking, save electricity/gas.

Pls email me at [email protected] if interested.

thanks wendy!!! u enjoy your trip too!

Hi jgwee, i've read in some books whish says sashimi/sushi is a total no-no. some books though specify further. if its extremely fresh sashimi from tsukiji market for example then go ahead. sashimi or sushi on the conveyor belt, you can forget about it hee.. but i'm still going to try and refrain like i previously mentioned.. safety first! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mummies...

I am starting to have MS.... just threw up in the toilet this morning.. there goes all my breakfast into the toilet bowl. This time pregnancy is so diff compared to my first time. I hardly vomit, and the onli time I was urgently finding a toilet bowl is when I was in a food court. I feel so sick now... :_(

Back