(2011/07) July 2011

hi all,

surprised dat this thread is up already and so active... self intro: 2nd time mum, EDD 13Jul2011, #1 boy, K1 this year... nice to know all of u...

Jaz, starnight

ya ya...I'm working in a foreign bank also at raffles place... But the benefit wise is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lousier.... Sulk!!!

Btw, I'm considering putting my child with Cherie hearts at Cecil.. Are u ladies putting ur bb with infantcare?

Wow so many posts to catch up on, was busy the whole weekend and didn't have time to log on. Went to friend's and brother's house and came home with quite alot of hand-me-down baby stuff, alot of them brand new somemore! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks chujie for the claypot phone number, will check it out one of these days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm a RP mummy too, same building as jas, starnight and px, but think different tower. Rival company haha. I'm more familiar with the eateries nearer RP mrt station though. I love the Arcade fish soup and chee cheong fun (from the prawn mee stall) but wish they would do something about the ventilation in that building...

Read that seafood like prawn, sotong etc should be eaten in moderation during pregnancy cos they also contain mercury. So better not eat everyday!

Modisch: how do you find the Medela freestyle, is it strong enough for you? If you bought from the States, that means no Singapore warranty right? Have you experienced any problems so far? I'm thinking of getting breast pump from the States too since so much cheaper, but wondering if will end up having to spend more on repairs later...

Alicia, congrats on knowing the gender, I'm having a boy too (if my gynae is correct)! Wardrobe alot more limited than girls' though, but maybe that's good then won't spend so much money ;P

Sunshine: your knitting skills are amazing lah! And Hui, the bunny hat is really really cute, I wish I could do something like that!!!

Ya lor it's exp... But I think we got working mother subsidy of 600...so cash outlay is 1k...

For me, I want bb to be near me.. So I can pop over during lunch

Jaz, px22... Ur bank very gd le!!!!

Coopie one shld be not bad too... Next tower banks only got 3 right

simone: the parking at cecil street is very bad, there's no shelter. what happens if its raining? How u pick baby? My gal is at OCBC cebtre, little skool house. after subsidy also 1k.

coopie: Boys can buy alot of nice shirts/ polo tees. I like them to wear those, look very smart! hee....

Ya lor Audrey

Think to chg to kid toothpaste cos is sweeter hate to vomit the acid...Hubby thou wht happened..he will alway jump out of bed n see...

Thanks iko n coopie

Iko...the lesson is free..u just hv to buy the material will do... the teacher will be thr to help...since u quit ur job this is the best time... when little beanie wear it n take pic...when he/she grow up Liao can give them c.... N tell them c c mum make this for u....haha

jas: got.. infant care is 1.3k, childcare i think cheaper, abt 1k.. but i trashed that email liao cos I would rather send bb to nanny at 700-800 per mth.. sent from HR one. My Little dunno-wat hahahhah

simone: our bank ok only.. my ex bank even better, maternity leave 5.5mths, everyone of my ex colleagues still around having babies.. Only the single and young ones left..

Alicia/coopie

yah i bought alot of polo tees and shirts for my boys.

have to keep buying wardrobes and drawers to put the clothes.

kept buying from sprees, now got alot of new clothes still not worn.

some even outgrown already.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

alicia

i put my boy at CC at Suntec.

reason for choosing there is i drop him off before i go work and pick him up after i finish work everyday.

main reason for putting him there is: there's live cam in every classrooms, so i can view anytime and will know if he has been naughty. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Px22, I didnt even know our bank got subsidize for infant care! Btw, I just check with HR & they told me we are entitled to 17 wks instead of 16 wks as our bank give us additional 1 wk. :D

Px22

orh... you mean the Little Skool House that they wanted to setup at One Marina Boulevard?

That one not much subsidy leh.

i thought you meant infant care subsidy and Child Care Subsidy given by the Bank.

I quickly went to check Employee handbook but found nothing on it.

hehe........

Ya... That's my worry... No shelter shld it rains...

But hearsay hearsay that my company is gg to move to the new building next to it.. N my hubby's office also 2 buildings away from the infant care, so it's a strategic location for us...

Ocbc is under my consideration also... How is it huh?

coopie, boys oso spend equally alot! My son hv so much toys and so much clothes! Diff shirts, polos, jeans, shoes etc.. :p Haha.. din lose to his gal frens.. :p

little skool house infantcare > heard there is a very long waiting list for the one at ocbc centre.. so better register early. cannot wait till bb is born then register cos by the time got slot available, ur bb can be upgraded to playgroup liao..

Gong Xi, Alicia!!! u got a Boy!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jas, yes, i in raffles place...previously at captial tower (where citibank is but i not fr citibank), now i at ocbc east ctr build...i got office there too...but i oways need to walk back to Cap sq for meeting becos my boss is there...n some of my users r there....i in IT....u gals from GS or CS?

modisch, aunty irene called me this morning...she asking if i m confirming her? i told her i got mine already....sooo u SECURED her???

feimei

not GS or CS, but DB. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

now i feel like eating mee tai mak.

feel like going LPS to eat....

Jas/PX22: OMB is not gonna open little skool house anymore. =( I'm so looking forward to it when they annouce that they r thinking of opening. so convenient, juz downstairs only. Now becoz MCYS dun approve due to only 1 fire exit.

simone: OCBC is good! I like the teachers there...I send my gal when she is 4 mths + there.

yup agree that LSH at ocbc cetre is v HOT. Alot of bank staff put their babies there coz its so cheap to them! I plan to put my baby from Oct onwards...

Alicia

yah heard they're not opening already, but dunno the reason behind it.

it'll be convenient to put the kids there, but it also means that when you're on leave or on MC, you have to bring them back to office area also, unless they skip school.

hehe..........

alicia, i agree bank staff enjoy subsidy..last time i was a staff, subsidised is alr $988 n minus govt subsidy, onie pay $400..hahaha. cheaper than nanny.. :p

wat is gs or cs?

feimei, gonna call her now

modisch

GS = Goldman Sach

CS = Credit Suisse

Sometimes i get One Marina Boulevard and One Raffles Link mixed up.

But definitely not One Raffles Quay lah, since office is there.

haha........

All the One this, One that.

Speaking of shopping: my first set of online shopping for baby clothes just arrived!!!!! Heh I think you all are right, boys also got alot to buy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw can I ask a silly question, if boys wear the jumpsuit already (with diapers underneath), do they still need to wear pants? Am confused about whether infants should wear shirt and bottom or just a one-piece jumpsuit, or jumpsuit plus pants?

Also is it true no point buying 0-3 mths sizing cos they won't fit into them very quickly? So should only buy 3-6 months sizing onwards is it?

hahahhaa...pai sey, px, jas!!! :p

i keep tinking GS is there...actually i wan to say DB...hahahaha...i fr MS... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

alicia, ocbc got the infant care?

hi, i have a preloved Maternity Apron (Anti-radiation) in Pink colour. This is to prevent the explosure to radiation esp from computer n tv to our bb inside our womb. i washed twice only and look very new. warranty still available until May this year. Let go at $100 (original price is $168). please sms me 97492202 if you are interested.

feimei: yes ocbc centre has infant care called Little Skool House. If i miss her, i will walk over during lunch time n see her. hehe.

modisch babe: wow, subsidy is very gd!

coopie: u very fast, buy clothes already. I will look arnd 1st but wait awhile den buy....see who can give me clothes 1st den buy the remaining. haha.

Alicia: yah I couldn't resist buying cos there was an online sale...actually only wanted to buy 1 or 2 jumpsuits, then they said spend above US$50 got free shipping, so before I knew it I ended up with a whole bunch of things haha. Am now trying to control myself and not buying anymore for now ;P

dont have gs la.. cos last time i was working in GS.. if have i no need to give up my yummy fish soup n everything to go over to city hall to work..

alicia, true lol...somemore it will be just next building to me...but i m taking train home leh...very crowded during knock off time, if i need to bring lil bunny home...we will be squeeze like pan cake... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i plan to put at jurong point....at least from JP, i can walk home...no need squeeze with ppl....

ask u, is it the same rate despite of sch location? i enquiry on my My first Skool n they got back n say the rate is from $1118 - $1250 before subsidy....is urs the same???

haha so many banking mummies here! i really envy those whose company cover claims for gynae visits + delivery charges. So much savings!! Sad my coy no have..and i dont see any nursing room ard too. Next time dunno how, maybe just sit on toilet bowl and do it..*sob*

jas, px22> DB staff benefits are really v gd.. heard yr medical cover even cover up to parents level. this is definitely smthg more than other foreign banks. Envious[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello XW, not mus in the same industry then can click leh...we r here becos we hv lil bunny in jul...not becos we r in same industry....the gals r jus casually swing away becos soo surprise to find out they r actually in the same co lol....no worries...!

coopie> i oso bought a couple of onesie/jumpsuits online over the weekends. i can't help myself, they are so cute! dunno the sex yet, but can't resist... try to buy those unisex one.

mi n DH went to kiddy palace last wkend n saw realli very cute rompers n nite pants...wanted to buy but dunnu gender yet...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but DH said will definately buy lol when know liao....but again the qns...if gg to buy...shld we buy Newborn or 1-3mths??? bb grow very fast...Hmmm~~~another shang niao jing qns....

feimei: diff location diff rate! so unfair right! =( those in CBD is more exp. mine is $1600 before subsidy....everymth spend lotsa money. Thankfully me n hubby works in same company, v convenient so we knock off toge n go fetch my gal now....JP should be cheaper, less den 1k

ya XW...agreed with Feimei dun need from the same industry to click...hmm i not fr banking 2...the gals here are so friendly and this thread is super active and happening

Feimei...me 2 thou to get some unisex col for infant...cos 1-3mth usually thr will wear those bb type(think u know wht i mean)...so get white or yellow col is better...then 2nd or 3rd...lol can reuse

just to check all MTBS here hv any relatives and Friends to hand down some bb clothes???

px22> oh i hear this from my dh's friend who joined db legal dept. haha she briefly mentioned to me..i was shocked when i hear it. cos the most i heard is cover hubby+kids.

coopie> which webbie you bought from? think i'll start to observe if there's online sales for babygap/oldnavy/poloralph and other US webbies. I can't control myself over online shopping too! ha ha

XW> dont worry! feel free to comment abt anything ;)

btw, i'm gg for my oscar scan tmr morn @NUH.. hope it'll end before 12 cos hubby needs to rush back to office b4 lunch. For those who have gone, may i know approx how long it took you from the time u arrive at hosp till the time u leave? Thanks[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

feimei,px22

ya, juz dat u all have more common things to tok abt mah... besides company and infant care, wat r u all toking abt now? seems difficult to cut in...

XW: everything under the sun- CNY goodies/ oscar scan/ updates on latest visit to gynae/ gender of your little one.. and my favourite: MILs! lol

Back