(2011/06) June 2011

JJ > thanks!!! I went to the site too. just wanna know what are the other stuff this list might have missed out. Now I know, will need to add the towels & waterproof sheet in my bag list.

Actually, come to think of it, do they not provide towels because they know we are not supposed to bath during confinement?

Re: baby account

actually i'm a little confused with the baby account.

the baby account we open for baby bonus is the CDA account? or still the govt have another sum of money to give us.. hehe.

qiuen, the account only can open after bb is born, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

life is beautiful, i'm not too sure, but usually they don't provide towels, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

RE:baby account

Usually the bank will ask u to open one saving account and one cda account. U wait long long la, govt where got so good, keep giving us money hehee!

JJ > true, but GE coming...hehe.

Btw, I have only seen CDA accounts with OCBC and stanChart. Are these the only 2 banks or all banks offer CDA accounts?

hi beautifulmum and annie,

I got the okiedog bag from mums and babes from amk hub branch as they are shifting from one corner of amk hub to another corner. So there was this 20% off for okiedog products and many other slashing discount for other products too. Was asking if there will be opening discount on 18th march (tmr) at the other corner but the sales pple say they are not sure as it is dependent on their boss's decision. still worth to check it out. but for my bag model, the black and white one i got is the last piece but there are other colours like pink, blue, biege etc still available.

Dear all mothers-to-be,

I am a researcher from an Independent TV Production house, Threesixzero Productions, we are commissioned by Mediacorp TV Channel U to produce a 10 part reality-documentary “Be An Active Father” (working title), featuring local TV celebrity-host-actor Calvin Su Zhi Cheng‘s journey as a first-time dad. In the same series, we also feature two other dads, one with a child near two years old, and another with a new born second child. The series records important milestones in the growth of a child, and explores the evolving role of fathers, their relationships with their children at different stages.

Throughout the years, the concept and culture of fatherhood has undergone considerable changes and the modern-age father is now more hands-on and well informed in many aspect of child rearing.

Presented in a fun and light-hearted way, we record the laughs and tears of modern men as they come face-to-face with the challenges of becoming and being a father. Other than capturing real and candid moments in the father-child relationship, the series also includes useful, bite-size advices from experts (Paediatrician, Child Psychologist, Nanny, Language Therapist etc) for the benefit of viewers who are also fathers themselves. The series is scheduled for telecast in Nov and we are still at planning and researching stage.

We are currently looking for a hands-on dad who is waiting for the birth of his second or third child, as our third case study. We hope to find someone who is eager to share his experiences and emotions in this reality-documentary series. We hope to capture real life situations, and even problems that the family may face and help him find handy solutions or advices along the way.

If you are interested or know of someone suitable, do email [email protected] if you have someone to recommend. Please include your name and possible contact methods so we can discuss in detail. Thanks alot!

hi ladies,

re: cleaning the wound/stitches

my gynae gave me antiseptic wash (to be diluted with water) to wash. i didn't use cotton balls last time

re: bb cord

i used cord spirit last time, need to dab each time after bb's bath. didn't get powder leh... maybe i'll ask my gynae(if i rem)

christy,

u might want to add a jacket for bb, coz the delivery suite is very cold. booties better bring 2 sets, coz they don't stay on very well. last time from TMC, i also got the leftover bb wipes and diapers upon discharge(no need to pay).

syrah,

don't think i can join the outing this time. u gals hv a great time!

life is beautiful,

the baby bonus is credited to our bank acct.

welcome freda!

Hi mummies, I am from Dec 2010 thread and have a new playpen (with mattress) to sell @$100 and Annum Materna sample milk to give away together. Bought the set at $120.

We bought 2 sets of playpen previously as we wanted to put one in my mom's place but bb is no longer going to her place.

BABYEQUIP Piccolo 2N1 Travel Playpen

http://www.babytown.com.sg/babyequip-piccolo-2n1-travel-playpen-p-1512.html?cPath=101_106

Giving away 4 sample packs of Annum Materna together with the playpen.

PM me if keen and I can send you the photo if interested

I want to buy baby bjorn comfort carrier lol

asking for priority seat... so far i haven't ask but thinking of asking maybe after 8 months? But like one of the mummies said, usually those who give seat are those not seated on priority seat. The priority seat, those aunties and uncles (not elderly yet) or some teenagers like to sleep. Personally I think if you sit on priority seat, you must stand by to give up one in case someone need it more than you.

My journey to office easily take 45 minutes... so it's quite tiring to continue standing for almost the whole journey.

pianojazzy, juz realize ur gynae is my gynae's brother [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rata - yeah, i was asking him about his holidays in jun cos he told me he will be going to hanoi and bali. But he will be around cos he need to cover his brother. He was asking for my c section dates already. But i haven ask my uncle about it yet cos my grandma just passed away so maybe a few weeks later then ask him.

Piano, ya lor his brother away fr 7-21 so he cant b away then. But hor ur gynae is a very quite & soft spoken man so unlike his brother hahahaha Btw any good news fr ur uncle for going to him for names? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ladies,

Went to baby hyperstore and kingdom yesterday and finally bought a baby carrier. Tried it with my 4mth Old nephew. He cried in the combi and m baby carrier but when we put him in the baby bjorn he was quiet and comfy. Hubby also said it was super comfy and he felt like he can carry more bags.

We also bought a chest of drawers which hubby was impressed with cos it came with a bath tub extension so we can bath change and keep baby stuff all in one place. Plus the bath tub will be at a standing positiin so its easier for mummies to bathe their babies w/o squatting and hurtin their back.

Rata - yeah v soft spoken and petite size lol. But actually he is so chatty. Always talk a lot.

As for my uncle, i will ask when i see him again cos i was talking to my cousin - his son and kenna scolded by him for asking for discount bleh..... But he is always like tt.

fen > not too sure but i always get Bengawan solo vouchers from my colleagues when their babies turn full month. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rata, hubby is always curious, who is the older brother? haha

piano, how is your gynae? i think he will be doing my post-natal check up... not sure if clifton will be back in time...

Hi mummies,

Anyone knows if Medela PISA or freestyle is more worthwhile to get? I saw from the bulk purchase thread that these are retailing at S$300-$400+, rather cheap than getting at bb fair. Downside is there is no local warranty. I wonder if I should buy the USA set. The price seem attractive. Been spending quite a fair bit lately gg for sales and taka bb fair.

And also do you know where to get wet wipe container? I bought the kodomo bb wet wipes at Watson, only at S$2. Not sure if quality ok.

wa. this thread is moving faster now.

christy, that's a v long list of things to bring to the hosp. But bring luggage bag like going on holiday lik that.. haha

fen, think instead of getting cake vouchers, can get those gift packs etc. Think for FBI card holders, can get 10% off Sweetest Moments

Btw on nursing wear, i recalled someone mentioned this TPY shop near library. How much is the clothing lik? I stay in the west, need to gauge if it's worth travelling all the way down. Thanks!

re hospital bag list

Thanks for posting the list, ladies. Already forgotten what to pack! I only remember that I packed stuff for myself and nothing for the baby during my first one. Cos hospital will wrap up your baby nicely for you to bring home, don't have to bring anything on your own. I remember requesting for extra panties during my stay and they didn't charge me for it. And I think they also provided me with a towel for bathing!

Btw, need someone to invite me to the FB group since it's a closed group???

Christy,

thanks!

Btw,ur fren is rachel?wahaha..what a small world!lol...Rachel n I got married at the same month [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mel> Haha I have friends they bring Luggage Bag its easy cause just dump everything in and roll away.. dun forget hospital will still give us the diaper bag so its quite a lot of bags to carry home.. MT A which I will be delivering at I still have bb bath tub le.. if pple sent hamper more worst.. hhaha so I tell hub to tell his friend no hamper please voucher and AP is only acceptable [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] what a waste to throw flowers away...

clare> Oh hahaha we know each other thru the same bridal shop than from there till here lor.. meet her for makan before [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so u also know her fm SG Brides lor.

Hi mummies,

Was MIA for awhile. Cos so buz with my no1 after I sent my maid home, now still waiting for the new one to come, so tired everyday....... hopefully my new filipino maid can come. haiz......

morning ladies...

how is everyone getting on? think must be busy with all the preparation & purchasing. i have not been in here for quite some time. this thread really move very very fast. I jus got into my 3rd Tri. getting abit more excited & the shopping list nv seem to end.

is there a FB group? can add me in? my email is [email protected]

thanks.

e'leen, he is ok. Soft spoken and man of fews words in the beginning. After getting season, he will chat with u. He answers all my questions every week.

Excited mum, you can search for MTB Jun 2011 in FB

piano, my gynae even more pettite. hahahaha

Eleen, I think Clifton is elder brother if i not wrong

Piano, I ve seen him once for the prev preg as my gynae was away.

tsukushi > I think you just search june 2011 mtb on FB and send a "add request". the administrator will then add you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, any idea how many waterproof sheet is roughyly needed at hospital stay and how many do we roughly need during our confinement while we are still have our heavy period after birth?

Anyway I just went down to the amk hub mums and babes again to check out their so call "opening" (which is actually only shifting from 1 store to another store). 20% storewide sale in the new store and roughly about 30% or more sale at the old store. For those who already have the basic bedding set can consider get the spare beddings like pillow, bolster casings etc as i realise it is much cheaper then getting from NTUC which cost like $4.80 per piece. I bought 1pillow+2 bolsters case set at $11.92.

Now super exhausted and I think I really need to stop passing by mums and babes as I keep getting lure by all the discounts at the old store. In the end I carried a huge jolly jumper rail rider home all by myself and I was like half dead. Still super happy with the buy as I have no space to get a proper changing table from IKEA but I need an elevated changing table to my 2nd hand cot badly due to my back problem.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5228601.jpg]

Now I am a super happy mum after setting up the rail rider as it fits perfectly. But on the other hand $49.80 fly away from pocket despite it is a discount of 30% from $71.20 (faintz)

rata, piano > ohhh... then i think i'll just postpone the check up until clifton is back la... i really hate the pap smear test!

Eleen, y lei. I feel clifton is pretty good lei. I dun feel any pain at all.

rata, dunno le... its weird, i find labour pain bearable but i cannot take it when they check for dilation or when they do pap smear...

Eleen, check for dilation is terrible i agree but pap smear feel nothing lei. keekee

Sorry to Interrupt...

Dear Mummies I am from Jan 11 mummy..

Letting go of my Medela Freestyle Dual - Used less than 2 months.(Export Set)

Letting off at $300 with Cooler Bag, Ice Pack, Tote Bag, etc. It's a dual pump but I have used 1 side only, another side is totally unused so probably only need to get a new tubing and can use as single.

And also the following to clear:

- Disposable Breast Pad - SEALED

- Medela nipple cream - SEALED

- Mitten - NEW

- Similac Glass bottle from Hospital

- NeuroGain (DHA Supplement for pregnant and lactating Women) SEALED - Expire Oct 2012

- New Obimin(Vitamins and Mineral Sipplements for pregnant and lactating women. SEALED - Expire 14/12/11

- Johnson Baby Oil 50ml - NEW

- Fenugreek Herbal Supplement from GNC - OPENED Bal 50-60capsules

- Hankies - NEW

- Brand Chicken Essence - Expire Aug 2012

I am considering to give away some of the above for those that get the Breast Pump from me.

Alternatively exchange with Huggies Wet Wipes or Drypers S/M size.

PM me to discuss further lah, Thanks.

Happy, I bought the PSIA cos my frd used it n said the suction was good. I bought the US set too. I think no warranty is okie cos so far, hvn heard of pump spoilt etc. But there's a medela repair centre here. Dun think the repair cost will be more than the cost savings if u hv purchased a sg set

Mel.. sorry for the late reply.. I was pretty upset with all the people pushing me in the train and those people sitting down at reserved seat etc are young guys.. they either pretend to slp throughout and then amazingly, when they reach stop, they will stand up. I write in Today forum that there was a lady who write in to comment abt people being ungracious over the reserved seat on 11 Mar and also on 17 Mar.. apparently some people are not happy when pregnant ladies ask for the seat cos they deem that we are FIT enough to travel in the confined space.. and that they also pay the same fare, so they should be accord to the first come first serve on seats..

I m one of those moms that request for the seat esp when i m starting to feel giddy. I feel we should stand up on our own and not being bullied into! I tell myself, if they dun, i will take a photo and put in stomp!

11 Mar

,http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC110311-0000542/Show-what-could-happen,-if-grandpa-falls-on-the-bus-,,,

17 Mar

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/EDC110316-0000721/Pregnant-commuter-asks-for-a-seat---and-gets-scolded

Just Saw Doc Sim .. 26W now.. my boy 799g.. aiyo Eevie.. your BB girl already 1kg whereas mine still so small.. Doc Sim says the size is ok.. wonder if its a consolation to me.. he was sleeping throughout the scan.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so cant see him moving..

o ya mummies at TMC.. you gg for 1-bed, 2-bed or 4 bed?

I m wondering if anyone can share on the est cost?

Managed to gather this infor over the net

Natural birth - assistant delivery with epi

4 bedded - free upgraded to 2 bedded.

Deposit - $800

Paid additional cash - $301.95

Total cash paid - $1101.95

Included gynea n baby charge.

Total amount for mother - $3540.57

Total amount for baby - $726.94

I also realise that it is usually woman who give up their seats to me. The men (esp the younger ones) will either STICK their eyes onto their PSP or IPHONE with ear phone STUCK INTO their ears and pretend not to see us!!

BOOOOO BOOOOOO

Not to mention a few times nobody give up their seats at all!! How gracious our society are!

Back