(2011/06) June 2011

Do u ladies have cramps lately on the lower tummy area?? I start to feel abit of cramp this morning!! wonder why!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi pianojazzy (pianojazzy)

Same here, i prefer to sleep on my right side or lie flat...rather than on my left which i feel very uncomfortable too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

E'leen,

My contractions monitor was accurate at that time.. I also endured the pain without epi cos I was more scared of assisted delivery..haha

claire,

I have spring card. PM me if u still need.

Hi mummies,

i hardly post in this thread. but read it silently whenevr i find time..

iam had a detail scan , so far so good. iam having a BOY. hope everyone doing well.

Victoria,

Yes, i have on and off cramps.. like pulling pain.. i asked the doc , bcos of the stomach expanding and stretching.

pianojazzy ,Victoria,

even i have hard time with sleeping pattern.

i manage to sleep in left , but feel really comfortable if i lie flat. my back is really painful, if i sleep in one side the whole nite.

Christy ,

u looking for baby monitor. my sis from US said this one is good. check the link

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Digital-Monitor-Temperature-Thermometer/dp/B0041Q2V4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1297824082&sr=8-1-spell

Fancy> Thank will look into it.

Babycot Bumper> Hmmmm any idea which shop sell only the BBcot bumper...

I went mothercare found that the size not correct le...

rusticnirvana- i did my pre pregnancy massage there. quite nice environment. the auntie was very enthu and was telling me after i get pregnant can go and do pre-natal massage then after birth go and do post natal massage. i think they're certified. a bit ex though.

early baby kicks- i remember trying to figure out if it was gas or kicks a few weeks back too. but now that her kicking is much stronger i confirm liao. sometimes she kicks the insides, where the colon/intestines are. feel like farting. lol.

fancy,

This was on sale on Amazon for $99 just a few days ago. But I wonder whether need to buy a transformer if you get a US set.

i also prefer sleeping on my right, since always. but they say sleeping on left is better for ciculation? but my placenta is on the left so a bit pain sometimes, and bb likes to kick there.

Hi Pianojazzy,

Per my understanding, the receiving blanket is used to wrap around the baby snugly after birth, so that the baby feels secure like in the womb. I bought one in plain white cotton with a Minnie mouse print at a 3rd floor Suntec city shop which sells mickey mouse brands at a promotion price of $8.95... the rest of the receiving blankets I saw all over are so expensive! at least $20-$30 a piece!

As for epi think it reali depends on individual. If you are those who reali very afriad of pain better to take. IMHO wait so pain till end up no energy to push also will assist delivery. For my #1 I took epi & the pushing was ok, I enjoy the process still can joke wif my gynae the whole pushing process was like 30mins.

Eleen, I thot Mt A will ve an experience nurse feeling ur tummy for contraction & tell u when to push? dat time I follow the nurse who feel my tummy for pushing instruction.

Hi everyone,

Need help! I am having serious instant noodle craving now...I am at home, cos am feeling exhausted, dunno why. Since going gynae today for my 24 week scan, thought I'd stay home to rest a bit..

You think can eat just one packet? Oh no..I feel really guilty, but seriously craving it now...=(

How? what do you think i should do?

Rata, there was a shortage of midwives during my labour cos it was suppose to be a good day to deliver, alot of c-sec cases... hubby doubled up as midwife when the midwife was called away for awhile... haha... but i still enjoy the whole process.

hanis, it is okay to eat alittle. satisfy your cravings & you will feel better! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hanis> Eat la... I also got eat before only 2 times. Maybe you want to add more water to the soup so less salty and dun drink the soup so much MSG.

Hanis, eat! hehe... add some vegs to make it a little more healthy and dun drink too much of the soup! I took a few instant noodle packs too and always feel guilty after that. Anyway its once a blue moon right! Wink wink! ;)

Hanis, i will sometimes cook instant noodles too when i have craving for that...but usually i buy Koka to stock up..cos i feel it is a healthier choice than the rest of the brand. If u are concern..just add half sachet of the seasoning. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Its ok to eat all food in moderation....we odd to treat ourselves better rite? No worries k! hehe

Wah!!!! All the mummies here power la! I want to eat the char ramen one...so shiok!! Okok, if not, no other chance to eat...hubby always watches me like a hawk over my food..hahaha..

best la you all! hehe..

Eleen, i see. I was just highlighting to those who reali ve low pain treshhold mayb should juz take epi & enjoy the process. Of coz if u ve high treshold then can bare with it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Victoria, I think receiving blanket and swaddle blanket are both the same thing bah.. they both show pictures of babies wrapped up snugly like in a cocoon. And if I am not wrong, both also have a triangular head piece to fit in baby's head when wrapping. I was also confused when shopping but decides to grab Minnie receiving blanket since its so cheap and I guess will not be using for long time..

Sleeping position:

Sleeping on your side is best while you're pregnant. In particular, sleeping on your left side may benefit your baby by improving blood flow – and therefore nutrients – to the placenta. It also helps your kidneys efficiently eliminate waste products and fluids from your body, which in turn reduces swelling in your ankles, feet, and hands.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_whats-the-best-sleep-position-during-pregnancy_7608.bc

At times when i cant get to sleep, i just sleep in whatever position i feel like. Better than getting no sleep. heeee

Thanks Evvie, i tot of getting the the miracle blanket and a couple of receiving blankets. Think should be enough.

Hanis, i had instant noodles yesterday. The 2nd one during pregnancy. I also choose koka cos it has no msg. Felt guilty after that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Victoria,

I have shoulder aches after sleeping on the left side for a long time. Not sure of the pregnancy pillow will help.

Ladies, I had my first bowl of ramen char mee ever since i got preggie. I think it will be my last for a looong looong time..haha..

i find most comfortable sleeping on my left side...baby will start kicking if i turn over to my right..

i bought some receiving blankets too...My SIL told me to wrap baby in the clean, normal diaper cloth first, then the blanket will be over loosely, cos NBS can't regulate their temperature..she also has a band (with a velcro strap) to put at the baby's legs to keep them straight while in swaddle..

i've been out of thread for so long. hard time catching up =) wah why is everyone talking about instant mee.. makes me salivate too.. hhaaa.. sometimes gian, just cook chicken base soup, add some meat balls and cut cabbage.. make it a lil' more healthier than it looks. hahaha!

Hi MTBs,

I have the following extra supplements for sale:

1. Fish Oil (GNC Omega-3 Soft Chews) @ $40 per pkt (OP $57)

2. Nature Care Calcium Gummies (Strawberry Flavour) @ $8 per bottle (OP $10)

Pls sms 9824 1643 if interested.

Thanks and wishing everyone a smooth pregnancy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cooking noodles now..heehee..after looking at all the talk about instant mee.I will buy fresh noodles from the market n freeze them,so they will lasts longer.Same as Chilli padi,use chicken soup or stock to cook as base [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think experienced mummies did mention before but somehow I can't find in the previous posts about nipple cream.Is there any recommendation on which brand to use?Medela is it?how about Mustela?Thanks in advance.

I m trying to list the items for my dh to buy in US.He will scream when he sees the list,coz he hates shopping,any kind of shopping.

Anyone using dreamgenii pregnancy pillow, my problem now is there are more pressure on my left shoulder when i sleep on my left side. As the dreamgenii lift up the chest part, not sure if it will help. Anyone has any comments? Cannot risk my sleep at night.

http://www.amazon.com/DreamGenii-Maternity-Support-Feeding-Pillow/dp/B0022B1DZG/ref=sr_1_16?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1297840012&sr=1-16

Qiuen, me too, just sleep any position in the middle of the night when i cant get back to sleep after peeing. Cos really sleep is better then no sleep. But still v conscience of my sleeping position.

pianojazzy

Miracle blanket doesn't have any fastener like Kiddo's Swaddleme, so I'm not sure how it works. The reviews in amazon look really good, but price is more than double. Honestly, my son managed to wriggle out of the Kiddo sometimes, but it was better than using a receiving blanket which got loosened more easily. Maybe if you have an experienced helper, then a blanket will work fine.

Hi mummies,

Instant noodles: I do eat them once in a while also, they are unhealthy but eating them occasionally won't hurt.

Swaddle: I bought 2 of the Kiddopotamus swaddle from Mums & Babes, I think these ones with velcro should be better, then it's not so easy for bb to wriggle out of them.

Pregnancy pillow: I bought Bellybean maternity pillow from Australia, just received it today. It's quite costly, but it's not as big as theraline pillows/snoogle, so have decided to try it out.

Prenatal massage: I go to willow stream spa at fairmont hotel, have tried it once, the therapist is very professional and experienced, going again this weekend.

Nipple cream: I have bought Lansinoh from the BP in SMH. I'm a first time mummy so I don't know if it is good, saw some reviews that it is good, hence I bought it together with my Medela PIS breast pump, together with Lansinoh milk bags, desitin nappy cream and some california baby products.

BB monitor: I bought the one from Philips Avent, original price $199/$179, Robinson has sale, going at $139. This is like the mid-tier one, there's a cheaper one at $89, hubby says no good as it is not cordless, I don't know if it's true. I think the more expensive ones has features which we do not need, like temperature and humidity control. As for those with camera functions, I do not need to see my bb through a monitor, I can just walk 10 steps to check on him =) So maybe those who stay in 3-storey landed properties might find the camera function useful if they don't want to climb up and down the stairs.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Basic-Monitor-Technology/dp/B001COIH3A

I have bought quite a number of things already, as I don't know if I will be too lazy or tired or too heavy to be moving around in my third trimester!

I will update on other items that I have bought in later posts, this post is getting too long!

Wow u all so gd mummy leh I think I had at least 5 pkt n I tk Maggi, tung yi n koka haha but I try nt to drk soup n got put veg n egg :p

Christy,aussino have cot bumper

Qiuen, commonly blue egg n lasinoh seem at bulk purchase forum nails request more milk sample wn discharge can use the glass btl to store chill milk

Claire,cheer up.another few months u can get to do ur hair etc..

I m also never put anything on my hair.I don't use eye cream or even moisturizer.I only use Vaseline on my whole face.For the sake of our bb,we shall 'add oil' ok?

Babynini,wow.you've done most of ur shopping already?ur list is really long.

(Consolidated from another thread)

Baby Fair 2011

1. Takashimaya Baby Fair 2011

* Dates: 9 to 28 March 2011

* Time: unavailable (last year’s fair: 10a.m. to 9.30p.m.)

* Venue: Takashimaya Singapore ...

2. Baby Care Festival 2011

* Dates: 18 to 20 March 2011

* Time: 11a.m. to 8p.m.

* Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6B

* Organiser: Mother & Baby Singapore

3. Baby Expo

* Dates: 22 to 24 Apr 2011

* Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.

* Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6A

* Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd

and the latest addition,

MOTHERCARE BABY FAIR HARBOURFRONT

3-13 MARCH 2011

Motherhood Exh 2011

02 to 05 June 2011 Hall 6B Singapore Expo

Thurs to Sun 11.00am to 9.00pm

Fancy,

Congrats on having a boy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Sorry for not catching up with you during this period. Really dying work the amt of work and CNY didn't help.

Re: sleeping positions & sleeping pillow

I know it's best to lie on left. However I'll end up sleeping whatever positions that most comfy, even if it's flat on back. However most of the time, it won't be totally flat as I'll have a pillow propping up my sides to sleep. I didn't buy a preg pillow however I do have my own 'miracle' pillow now. It's a beanie u-shape pillow (those type used for neck support). Somehow this pillow fits nicely into the shape of my tummy and provides the necessary support when I turn on my sides. The beanie cushion is also really nice and soothing. I use this beanie everywhere in the house now. If sitting on a chair, I'll place it behind my back for support. If leaning forward to the table, I'll tuck it below the bust line so that belly won't bump the table. That's y I call it my miracle pillow now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Cant live without it!

Createjoy,

I like the name Charis! I used to know a Charis and she's a smart little gal. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

createjoy> i like Charis too! I used to want to call myself Shanelle but my mum stopped me and said the name sounds like snail -_-'' think the older chinese pple cannot pronounce the name properly haha

gathering> since waraku is non halal, jj suggested rice table @ intl bldg, and clare suggested new york new york @ citylink. any feedback?

baby monitor -

tsukushi,ya i know my sis told me there is offer.. now its gone..:-(

Prenatal massage:

Rustic nirvana,

true very expensive prenatal massage.. - noone tried Prenatal..hmm..

babyini - thanks for the info .. let me try willow stream

Eleen Lau,

iam so much for natural without epi..iam mentlly preparing myself..

Syrah,

thanks.. don't work too hard.. u have two little one inside..

thanks for the consolidated list..

Hi Everyone,

Wow, what a lively chat!! Nice to read up on so many different topics!

Instant noodles:

I remember being very vigilant and eating only two packets during my preggy with #1. Then came #2, I was alittle less strict and walloped few more. Now with #3 and getting too lazy to cook (cos my son takes his lunch in school) and too much to look after, I swallowed up dunno how many packets liao, easily 20!! After reading all your posts, i feel v guilty liao!

Exercises:

Hey, any mummies into exercising? There are all sorts of prenatal exercises, like prenatal pilates, prenatal yoga, aqua aerobics, swimming, walking, fitball, etc. I used to exercise like an addict with #2, hee so much so that my hubby said I put the men to shame :). Now, I'm just moderating cos lack of time. Mostly swimming and walking only. I realised I am not as agile and flexible liao, sob! A money saving tip i learnt is go library adn borrow DVD on prenatal exericses. Follow them up to your comfort level. If any exercise makes you feel breathless or in pain, stop or moderate it.

Epidural/Pain management for labour:

Any mummies aiming for a drug-free, natural delivery? The last time I tried it, had a VBAC but after dilation of 5-6cm, I cannot tahan the pain and cried for epi. Good thing I could lie still enough...now I am toying with the idea of drug free again, but scared I cannot take the pain leh...

tsukushi > i want! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hanis > seriously la small craving is fine but not too often? :p And maybe put half of the powder? Cuz it's all MSG...

To be honest until now I still sleep on my back lol cuz used to it already...

createjoy > I think Charis is nice. Shanelle sounds like Channel lol

clare > wah... you even more jialat than me lol

Actually I wonder if I'm the only one who haven't really start shopping... Honestly, I'm quite busy with work etc and I don't like shopping (so do my hubby) it's very hard to move the lazy butt to go out and get some stuffs lol

Any taka member?9 mar I got glucose test tink wil go taka have a look. Anyone free to join n lunch together meet ard 11.30?

Thnks tsekushi, gmarket is selling miracle blanket at about $20. I tot it is a good deal.

Back