(2011/05) May 2011

rach, wow, so late, must b very tired after work ... me after 4pm will auto shut down one ...

mudppie, tat's the reason i choose Dr Woo bcos of his nite clinic ... also just 2 mrt station away from workplace...

apple,meiji ice cream?

buy from wer? i abit mountain tortise wor..bo hear b4..eating abit is fine lah..dun hv to worry so much...hehe bb is hinting u to eat u noe...whahaha

ling..icic..hope u like him...hahah...at 1st i oso thinking aiyio..male gynae...so c him 1st time..c if i like him..if not chg to tmc female gynae..LOL..but ok le...i dun mind..hahaha..

& so far i m glad i made this choice..cos for me to travel to tmc is very far...kekeke

prenatal class

i'm joining the class by TMC too..but mine is opposite Thomson. the lady at parentcraft suggested that we shd take the one in January as the things taught will be fresh in our mind when we deliver. if we attend the one in March, it might be tiring for us. so, i am taking the one starting from 22 Jan

Dear mummies,

I had taken the 22nd Jan '11 prenatal class conducted by mrs Wong at AMK hub. Anyone joining the class?

Btw, fyi. there's a parenthood fair held at expo from today till sun but the traffic will b heavy due to sitex IT fair.

Enjoy ur weekend everyone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Good morning mummies..have a good weekends!

I was having dinner at Changi Airport last nite, the traffic was not too bad in the evening around 6+ towards Expo.

Morning mummies

Ytd went for gynae check, got to know my baby gener...It's a girl...I still ask my gynae is it 100% correct, he said "yes"...feeling so happie.

Mummies: Will you let your lil' ones lie on the bed & watch tv? I've been trying to discipline & educate my girl but my mum just simply let her be when I'm not around... My mum knows about my intention but don't bother... So pissed off then told my girl that she will have to wear spec if carry on this way... My mum just take it as I'm singing..

Complain to my Hb and told him that if he don't help to fix the vcd player @ the living room, might as well sell it to garang guni... (MIL brought their discarded vcd player to our place & fixed till we can't watched @ all... Cos ours starhub has a swtich where she has removed it off)

Hb complained that my mum should fixed it & shouldn't bother him about this otherwise go ahead & sold it to garang guni... My main concern is to let my girl watch tv without lying on the bed & take care of her pair of eyes... But no one is supporting me? Really heart breaking!!!

Good morning..today I skip the blue Mon @ work n lazing @ home instead.

Office is doing minor reno work..so I took leave to stay at home.

Dolly, if u got starhub box n DVD player, u need a switch device. My hb got it fr home fix some years back..u go check it out. Don't be so upset..

U have to be strict to your girl by telling her to sit up straight, otherwise no tv!

Morning Mummies!!! Im back here!

Dolly

Sell the spoilt vcd player to garang guni liao. If u want, u should get a dvd player, which is rather cheap nowadays. Then solve everyone's problem. As for your gal's lying down and watch, u have to be very strict with her. Last weekend, my boy also, threw temper and all. I caned him and flared up my top. And told him must listen to me when I told him not to do this & that. My mom ever told me before, if we are expecting #2, #1 will be "extraordinary" naughtier than before. So she asked me to bear with it for while... Haz.... Another so many months to go...

Apple

Thats nice. But for minor reno, its really true u should avoid altogether. Rest @ home and later can also nap abit if u want. Its drizzling here at East side..

Starfruit,

I was reading the previous posts, realised u cannot take iron pills too? I also cannot take the multi-vits (very high in iron) as well because I ended up with very bad constipation. The last two times I did my bowel movements, I was in pain with quite alot of blood from anus there... (sorry for being gross).... So I didnt take the multi vits 1st. I thinking if I should continue take folic 1st...

Will it be harmful or no good if we do not take multi vits for now? I heard from my fren, can take alternate day, but my body cannot take it, too heaty... Then she said, its ok de, cos multi vits are just extra, as long as we eat healthily.. But for now, I dun even know if I am eating healthily a not... Haz.

apple: starhub has given me that switch to me before if i need to switch from starhub to vcd... then my smart aleck MIL remove it without telling me... so make everyone can't watch the vcd/dvd even though she fixed their used player to us...

vv : my mum has witnessed me disciplining & educating her... but she just can't be bother to correct her... its not the matter whether are we going to get a new/used vcd player... we used to have a switch to switch from the starhub to vcd... don't understand why MIL wants to remove it... then heard from my HB that she said we can just change the wire mamually without using the switch... why she so kpo?

Morning mummies!!

apple, so nice can nia at home and relax.

Dolly, why not get a new player and it solve the problem, not they got sell those cheap brand, very cheap oni.

My boy also likes to lie down and watch tv..have to keep telling him to sit straight..just hope he won't follow his daddy, need to wear spec. My family is all perfect eyesight one.

Yty brought my boy to see Dora and hi-5, think walk too long, this morning I have white and brownish discharge..Dr tham ask me to see him later so I will take half day to see him..hopefully everything will be alright..

Dolly

Oh okok, I misunderstand your post. Then in that case, can u get the "new switch" from Starhub? If u change the wire manually (as what your mil said), will it be too dangerous? Then yr mil also KNS lor, why go remove it... Wah lao. Haz.

vv : think i've to go & buy from home fix liao as what apple has mentioned... ya la... change the wire here & there, if kana short circuit how? who's going to responsible? she never use brain one... only know short cut... that's why my HB said always give problem to other family... you know what, she didn't evenasked me whether i need to change my tap in my toilet then she just go ahead & tried to change it for me as she claims it's leaking... i only get to know it after why she's in my toilet for so long? then tell me she needs to change this pipe & that pipe... then caused my HB & i quarrel again because of her...

Good morning mummies. Can I know for mummies who brought their kids to see Yu Guo due to coughing, how long does it take for yr child to recover? I brought my boy to see Yu Guo due to persistent fever and cough. Saw physician Huang. She massaged my boy and gave him powder n liquid medication. My boy refused to drink so I hv to mixed into his food. Not sure if it's still effective. Gg to see yu Guo today. Any good physician to recommend from Yu Guo?

evie : ya la... mad lei... if your MIL goes to your house do this & do that without your knowledge? will you be angry? that's why this morning told my HB about my concern for my girl & wanted him to fix it... he flare @ me and asked my mum to fix it... angry lei... because of his mum & cause us to quarrel...

morning ladies...so tiring n sleepy today as weekend so much activities...

Lena,

congras on knowing the gender. nw can start to get things for ur baby since there will be plenty of xmas sales going on. hehehe.

nicole,

i do have watery discharge...gynae says its normal...

apple,

enjoy ur leave =) planning any activities?

dolly,

ya. i agree u are right to be strict to ur gal in setting the rule of no lying dwn to watch tv. mayb u talk to ur mum nicely why u are so strict on this and u ask her to help u out when u arent ard to over see this lo.

wayne_mummy,

dun worry, u will be fine. just tat mayb u over exert urself n gets too tired...i am used to this already...

dolly, yr mil v similar to mine. Trying to be helpful but giving us more trouble. There was once she came over and tried to wash my kitchen sink saying it was v dirty. U know wht she did? She used the scissors that I cut my meat n vegetables n digged out all the white color transparent glue (where the sink is attached to). I was so pissed off cos she spoiled my sink n I need to buy the glue to stick back my sink n also a new pair of scissors. Faint!

val : have told her before long ago... she herself didn't even set a good example of coz the little girl also follow her... then my mum always played barney/hi 5 for her to watch... she will then start to lie down to watch... if i'm there seeing her do this, i'll off the tv infront of my mum & her... my girl starts to whine & throw tantrum... sigh... i doubt my mum will do the same things to her... just spoilt her... so this morning, i told my girl again that you are going to wear specs soon le, at the stage that you are watching tv this way... my mum also don't bother... that's when i boiled up...

dolly, if i were u, i would have flare up liao..but bo bian..ur hubby's mum leh. his mum cause the problem..why ask ur mum to fix it?

jerejoy : they thought they will solve the problem for us... but indirectly they are harming the little girl to watch the vcd from the room coz no one knows how to fix the wire thingy...

dolly,

sometimes old folks are like tat de...u have to keep telling her..if u cant get across to her, mayb u can get ur dad to help u. this is wat i do at times when i cant get across to my mum. Just tat I think i am glad my mum eventually do take in wat i said =)

My mum is quite the opp of ur mum...She dun really like my boy to watch too much tv so she dun play all the dvds/vcds i brought to her place. If really ur mum dun set a gd example to ur gal, mayb u just dun let her play the dvds/vcds when u arent ard to correct the bad habit.

evie : exactly lor... i'm so boiled up... 1st: i didn't sleep well, 2nd: my mum on barney for my girl to watch early in the morning & lying to watch..., 3rd : asked my HB to help me to fix the problem instead flared @ me to ask my mum to fix it... @ that point of time, Mt Merapi explodes...

am i unreasonable? am i at fault? no one is supporting me to discipline my girl? heart-breaking...

Dolly

I can understand how u felt. Because my hubby & I used to argue becos of my MIL too. Until sometimes I feel like bringing my boy and leave the family once and for all. Let his mother continue to act like a saint like that.

Dun get angry liao. Not worth it. Now have to think of a solution to resolve it. Call Starhub and see if they can help. Rather than depend on others; we will resolve the problems ourselves.

Val

My mom is also rather strict with my boy. In fact, she always scolds me say Im too lenient with him. But she never sees how I discipline him at home. She will be shocked.

Nicole

I also have watery discharge but nowadays increased more white discharge...

dolly,

oops sorry....

if this is the case, wat i wld do is, dun allow ur gal to watch dvds/vcds when u are nt at hm. coz if u can convince ur mum to help u in setting the right habit, then dun let them have a chance to watch.

if nt, u have to find other help to help u solve the vcd player cable issue...if ur hb dun wnana help, then go find other help.

vv,

hahaha. ok la, when i scold my boy or discipline him, my mum will always be on standby to sayang him...sometimes when i get too fierce she will step in oso and i will tell her i am teaching my son, dun step in coz tat will means double standard =P Lucky my dad more neutral, he wldnt say much unless i am too angry and too harsh with my boy.

Actually i feel la, parents are the discipliners while grandparents somehow tend to dote on the grandkids abit more...

morning mummies ...

dolly, dont get angry ... bb not happy ....

me also emotionally unstable for the last 1-2weeks ... think bb effected... no much 'movements' since the unstable ... now keep telling bb that we will b strong n happy ...

good morning mummies...

hw was all your weekend? mine was rather busy....had full mth party then brought my ger to M.Sq to wat Hi5...ha ha ha....tired sia...like nv rest at all over the weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my ger is also veli naughty recently, everytime she throw tantrum n we scold her, she will cry and scream at the top of her voice....haiz.... dunno if really coz we are expecting or its the terrible 2 stage...they are just testing out patience.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Val

Yeah I agree. But honestly, even if lets say my mom is to spoil my boy, I dun really mind that much cos I can voice out and even "tell" them off ma. COs own parents. But if MIL spoil or FIL, I will be more pek chek and angry. Cos cannot voice out much. I still rem what happen to my boy last time. Lucky now not much talking to them, so they wont have much chance to talk to my boy too.

Dolly

Yes, depend on ourselves. At times, I also dun depend on my hubby. If I can, I will do myself. COs I dun wan later, he used it against me and talk nonsense.

dolly,

gek sim sure will but u got to learn to let it go..nthing much u can do to change the attitude/mindset of others if they feel otherwise...

Luann_mummy,

i am v tired frm the weekend activities...

sat brought my boy for class (as usual) then went to shop for his xmas presents, dinner then a drive dwn orchard rd. yest went for thomas show. was there v early just so i can take the photo coupon to have a shot with thomas n the fat controller -_-''' then aft tt more shopping =P

ya. i understand hw u feel. weekends are suppose to be r&r but it seems we are more bz than usual! hahaha.

i choose to think my boy is more notti than usual coz of terrible xxx stage and oso as they are growing up, they oso wan to have more say lo...

Back