(2011/05) May 2011

vv,

hahahahaa. i know coz its nv easy to fake mc lo. does ur gynae gives mc easily? if yes, u can always just be honest and say why u wanna take mc...if nt then more difficult..

for mine, he dun give mc easily unless i am really really sick...like dwn with fever, flu n cough and i have to show him the medicine gp gives me before he will consider to give me more mc to rest =/

Val

Yes, mine is more or less same like yours. Its because I had never try taking mC from my gynae before also. And I dun remember taking MC from my gynae too for my #1 last time.. Haz... thats why problematic loh..

Winnedy

Have u tried taking MC from Dr Yeoh before? Issit difficult to take from her?

Julbee74 > If there's a choice between colouring & straightening, rebonding is the lesser of 2 evils [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Some people say wait till after the first trimester to do stuff to your hair. I guess everyone here is over their first trimester le, huh.

I was terrible. Decided to try a new, never-done-before look one day. Went to do a digital perm & colouring. Decided I looked horrible, then one week later, was back to the salon to rebond my hair. Was told off by my hb, promised him no more hair jobs till the bb is out.

Speaking of gynaes & stuff, does anyone here keep a record of details of the mummies here who are due in May 2011. Was at the June 2011 thread when my EDD was still in June, and there was such a list. Thought it's useful for reference, when we wanna ask qns about gynaes, or hospitals, etc, ehhee~

Evie > Thanks for the mention on Pure Yoga. Will check it out. I know there are a few yoga studios in the Tanglin area which have prenatal classes.

evie/moon: i'm planning to do yoga too but hv not decided where.

winnedy: u brot home and nvr process? then u throw away after that? wont it look gross in the fridge? i found this http://www.inthewomb.biz/index.html who does it. but looks exp. the previous one tt my other mommies fren engage does not seem to exist anymore

moon - no problem at all..but seriously speaking, if you are not those who like to do yoga before preggie, or dun intend to continue yoga after birth, then dun check out their packages. think it's not worth it.

evie,

how much is the session at pure yoga and where is it located?

val,

i got secret to tell u... i still have not disposed it.. i dunno how shd it dispose it.. can just throw down the rubbish chute?

dolly,

what is yr name in fb? i still dunno who is who honestly.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

vv,

getting mc from dr yeoh is abit tough or rather super tough loh.. she abit stingy on mc one.. unless u fake backache!! or leg pain, some crap.. anyway its next March right? can fake alot of problems..

julbee74,

rebonding, colouring is not advisable by my gynae... not sure abt others.. u can check with yr gynae...

ash_r,

i dunno how it looks like... cos its wrapped with alot of papers and 3 ziplock bags...

winnedy,

they have it at chevron house and ngee ann city. as for packages, they have it for 6 mths, 1 year and 2 years. and u can choose if it's 5 classes per mth or unlimited. as for actual price, i cannot remember..

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrupt. I had a brand new bottle of Clarins Huile Tonic Body Treatment Oil to let go. Bought for $80 (Price tag still on the box) now selling at $53. Self collect my place or Farrer Park MRT.

Morning mummies!!

I am on hospital leave this week. Gynae says I having a bit of internal bleeding due to low placenta. But it will slowly move up so tell me nt to worry.

And my baby confirm is a boy again!!

Re stroller, I prefer lighter ones as we not driving, very hard to travel ard with those big strolley. Plus sometimes the baby does not want to lie in there, end up to b white elephant. So for me, I using back my existing stroller, maclaren quest.

Also I love my ergo carrier a lot, easier to move ard if alone with baby.

moring mummies, down yesterday, had terrible headache, may be allergic to something i ate.

How is everyone?

re: rebonding

My hair also reconded but i remembered not advisable to do any chemical stuff during this period or during BFing as it will go to bb and BM.. so i will see how long i can tahan w/o rebonding my hair.

moon: hannah has the edd list of the may mummies, wait for her post.

Wayne: what happened? only diagnosed during gynae visit? my SIL also had low placenta, it indeed moved up closer to birth date. Pls take care.

Re: Stroller,

10Kg is way too heavy for me... my stroller is 4.1 kg for my combi and 5kg for my maclaren. i dun think i can handle stroller heavier than 5kg. I like like weight stroller too.. the only down side is u can't hand a long of stuff on it if not will topple. I am fine with it, would rather have light weight.

I just hightligjt my hair last sat. Then I told my gynae yty, he says not advisable. But pedi/Mani is ok as it doesn't get absorb in the body.

Starfruit, I hv drown discharge yty so I call the nurse to ask. Nurse ask mr to go down see doc and says I hv low placenta. But he says it's alright, will slowly move up.

I thot is due to long standing n walking that causes it but he says no, is due to the placenta.

Got to rest this week, hopefully my boss is ok. Plus this week, total taken 20 HL for this yr.

Hi all, good morning.

Wayne

Pls take good rest during this period and don't carry heavy stuff or your son. Boy again can save on a lot of clothes :p

Moon

My capella can switch to face rear or forward. I can also close with one hand...

hannah: i got an sms that eunice chua is on urgent e-leave, my appt all haywire now.. now have to see her tomorrow afternoon. *sigh*

Morning all! Thank you for the input on strollers. Have taken note and will be useful for stroller shopping.

Wayne's Mummy > Did yr gynae say what caused the low placenta? Hope u'll be better soon.

Dolly/heaven, thanks. Will rest well during this period.

Moon, no leh, he din say. But he says I will be alright. Just need to rest more.

morning ladies.

winnedy,

omg! u havent disposed it off!??! nope. i think i rem the hosp told me cant just throw away like tat as its consider an organ oso...and its bio waste...mayb u may wanna bring back to hosp to dispose it???

dolly,

try asking ur guy friends, male colleagues or ur close gfs and see if their hubbies may know...if starhub cant help, still can ask the ppl ard u for help...

wayne_mummy,

oh dear. pls rest well during this period. ya, heard placenta will move up as the preg process. for the rare few who doesnt then have to go for c-sect.

i actually on and off will have brown discharge too..but my gynae always assure me its ok so long as nt bright red like menses...=/ i did asked him if my placenta is low or normal and he says normal...cant wait for my next gynae visit...

hahaha. boy or gal oso gd so long as healthy and baby happy right? heheheh.

starfruit,

do take care. mayb next time u have to take down or try to reall wat kind of food u had in the day and draw a pattern to see which is the culprit.

starfruit: Oh dear... You can make arrangements?

Re: strollers

10kg is seriously heavy unless you have a car and dun need to lug it ard. I dun have my own transport so have to rely on cabs, trains and buses. having a light stroller is really more convenient for me.

wayne's mummy: my first one had low lying placenta too. But it shifted upwards later... just rest more ya?

moon: actually diff bb diff needs, my stroller was close to $500 when i bought it, i have been using it till now, so quite value for money leh. since its light weight, i bring with me overseas, there was a point in time my ger didn;t want the stroller just want bao bao.. but now, she loves it and keep insisting on sitting in it.. so its a phase thing lah.

Wayne's mummy, hope u are ok now.. rest well during this period.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

startfruit, u ok now? rest well... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi ladies, i'm back from my trip... tiring but enjoyable and really got to spend time with my girl...but hor, she poos halfway in the expressway (got diapers on) and we couldn't stop... by the time we stop and changed her, she developed diaper rash ... all redish and swollen... luckily the skin din bleed.... now slightly better as the swollen part hve susbisded.. left near the anus area redish...

dolly, ya, she did... she refused to bath as it's very painful... in the end, my hubby hve to drag her to the bathroom and we promised her when we reached Genting, we will let her play cho-cho-train and merry-go-round... in the end, i hve abt 5 rides on the merry-go-round and 2 rides in the cho-cho-train.. almost wanted to puke... think she enjoyed herself as she kept on asking for more more.... i tried the laksa near the G hotel... sour taste... find it funny.... we din go to the recommended laksa venue as my girl was fussing and wants her sleep, so dropped the idea... tried new world char kway tee.. not bad...

Hannah, my appt was suppose to be this sat. so no change to tomorrow afternoon, need to take half day urgent leave to go lor cos they dun want me to wait till 18th Dec when she is back.. aiyo so mafan leh. when is your next appt?

dolly, lukily i got bring the strong diaper cream... otherwise she will cry for whole nite... as and when, she will ask me to scatch for her and she will squat and try to touch the floor as if the floor friction will helps to ease her itchy bottocks....

morning everyone...

wayne's mummy,take care ah...rest more...

oh ya...saw some mommy mentioned cannot come...is ok...we will alwas hv another gathering..is d rest stil keen? im ok to go ahead..but seem like quite a number of ppl on d list is not at d forum lately wor...hehe

here is d list which was updated d last round..

Venue: Marche @ 313 @ 7pm

Date: 3rd December (Friday evening dinner)

1. mudppie

2. hannah

3. serene

4. apple (KIV)

5. cuppie

6. starfruit

7. Ling (KIV)

8. Blurlemon (KIV)

9. melody110

10. christineloi (KIV)

11. dalki

12. Maiss (KIV)

13. bubblepearl

14. June Wong

15. rach mummytan

muddpie/mummies, would like to be excuse for the dinner... just came back and afternoon got gynae appt... so need to do laundry and clean up the house for the next few days... and got to finish everything as this week still got meet the parent session over at my girl's childcare centre... arrugh...

Morning Mummies!

Feeling bloated again, anyone experienced same thing?

Dolly

Ok, did Starhub give u alternative solution?

auroa: ya better already. thank for asking.

any pics to post? i wanna see.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dolly, what happened to your starhub connection? cant find in archive.

wayne's mummy,

please take care! how do u know abt the internal bleeding? I have a maclaren quest and XT.

val,

should i bring it back to the hospital to dipose? bring to A&E ward or wat? I also tot abt the organ part.. that why did not dispose!! what shd i do?? i also scare can dispose now or not? patang or not? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

dolly, i'm using the desitin brand, purple color... it's the overnite relief type of cream.. very thick cream... for daytime, i using the blue color/same brand for her... last time used to use droplene (think spell something like that)... it's ok for normal daily use but for diaper rash, it doesn't help much... the desitin cream was recommended by the childcare centre when she develops diaper rash with bleeding (bcos the droplene doesn't heal fast), the desitin cream quite strong... a few times application can see results liao... miracle hor... so i got 3 types of diaper cream; 1 for daily use, 1 for diaper rash for daytime and 1 for diaper rash for nite time.. as she grow older, seldom use liao as she is off diapers in the daytime and with diapers when sleeping... only when we go out and unable to find toilet in time, then she will put on diaper... now find that once she puts on diaper, she will hve abit of diaper rash....i thinking it's due to the dipaer brand as recently i changed to another brand....

auroa,

glad u manage to spend quality time with ur gal and hope she will recover frm her nappy rashes soon. Its really headache when the kids are dwn with nappy rashes...

vv : the customer svc trying to brush me away & asked me to do it myself... so called up again this morning & complain that after trying to fix it myself... now can't even watch scv channel... then willing to offer a technician down to fix for me...

dolly,

nw then willing to arrange technician dwn to help u but nt bad la, eventually help will come.

auroa,

my son also have problems when he switch diaper. he was using mammy poko since birth. then i bought "pet pet" to let him bring to school (to cut cost). in the end he developed very bad rash. he was also conscious of the brand of diaper we changed for him during that period of time. insist no "pet pet". He was about 20months old at that time..

but my nieces was using pet pet and no problem for them...

mummies, morning ...

me start counting down for xmas n new year liao ..

Wayne's Mummy, must rest well ... stay in bed lah ...

vv, nowadays dun hve bloating feeling but feeling left side very uncomfortable as bb loves to move up and stay there... so sitting down will tends to lie on the right side.. causing me abit of backache... btw, is yr bloating caused by too much intake of food? last time experienced it as eat too full till tummy bloated like a balloon....

starfuit, ya, got pics.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] will post it in FB latest by next week, ok...most likely a few pics as most of my pics is posted in multiply... let u know once it's posted.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Winnedy, maybe u can call yr gynae's clinic and check w the nurse... they shd be able to advise u before u bring it down...

auroa,

but i very paiseh leh!!! what shd i do? i dun want call clinic lah.. u think call A&E can?

or maybe i pass to the labour ward?

Back