(2011/05) May 2011

Hi Hannah: Thanks for updating the list.

Hi all mummies / MTB : Thanks for the welcomes. Have a easy day and hopefully, no merlion session... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Finished lunch, had spicy maggi today... boring as I didnt cook for this week. Lazy to pack also.

What did you all have for lunch?

vv, welcome back... I am quite worry if my boy can behave well in HK. He is a active boy and hubby actually wanted to bring him overseas when he is ard 6.

Just had vegetarian rice and I almost finish the whole pack, I find that my appetite is back I am eating more these few days.

Melody110

Thanks! I think u have find some "entertainment" for him somehow... Like mine, I didnt have a really good time though. Haz.... except those late nights which I went out with my hubby to grab supper & all. My mom was too tired to walk and ended up sleeping zzzz with my boy in the hotel room.

I have vegetarian kueh chap...yummy =)

Hannah, so envy, I wanna drink bubble tea also, but i think I cannot take too many sweet stuff. Gyane says for the past 2 times of checkup, there is sugar in my urine...

Anybody wearing contact lens 1-day Acuvue Moist at -7.50 degree? I have 44pcs to let go. Done LASIK and thus contact lens not needed anymore. Selling at $40 for 44pcs. Price negotiable.

Please email [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4757788.jpg]

I had Delifrance sandwiches for lunch. I noticed this bb likes bread very much..I have been eating sandwiches every other day be it bfast or lunch..haha

And today I drank 1st cup of coffee after preg..hehe..cannot resist the aroma! gosh :p

Mummies, if u are worried about ur kids will pee during zzz time, pls invest 2 to 3pcs of waterproof mattress protector. I find it useful when I started to toilet train my gal when she was 18mths. It is also to ease our mind to free up diaper at nite coz no nid to afraid of smelly bed if kiddo urine on it.

And now I can't live without waterproof mattress protector..even my bed I'm using it coz when it comes to mense, I'm worry free too!

vv : aiyo... so your mum goes there for "holiday" instead of taking care of your young ones...

luckily, my mum help me in taking care of her...

btw, i'm out for hands-on-training. so can't chat as & when...

Wayne - u gotta watch your diet fr now on..it is no good to have trace of sugar in our urine during beginning stage. Eat more greens, cut down carbo

Now my place here is raining..lucky I got a day off and nua-ing at home.

I find that with this preg, I have this habit of nua-ing at home..feel bad

Val - pass on your booking to my fren. He is out of town, will sort it out when he returns next week or so. Hope to have good news for u.

Welcome new mummies!

Cooked lunch- mian xian to eat. On 2 days MC. Sufferring from lower back pain. Very pain. Pain until i feel like crying. I was told by doctor that i need to bed rest. So boring....

Apple, ya lor, I have been taking a lot of carbo and no interest in greens at all. Din know carbo contains sugar as well, thot just fats..=(

back from lunch, mixed pork soup and yam rice + barley drink from ya kun..yummy..

Penny, are u in FB? i just got an invitation, wonder if it is u?

Penny - take care. I just check with my gynae..we can go for light massage now [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] coz I'm having stiff neck and shoulder too

vv,

ur spicy maggi reminds me of korean kimchi spicy noodles. hehehe

i am having bee hoon soup...

in another way, gd ur mum is tired so she opt to slp in with ur boy. gives u n ur hb some er ren shi jie! hehehehe.

melody,

gd tat ur appetite is back. i am hoping mine will come back soon n ms will go off soon!

wayne_mummy,

i tried nt to drink bubble tea coz v sweet. yest i v notti....took a few sips of ice lemin tea =P then my hb looked at me and says "u can drink tea meh?"

hehehe.

apple,

sandwich quite healthy. =) gd choice ur baby have. hehehe.

thanks for helping, appreciate it alot =) have is bonus, dun have is ok =)

penny,

rest well and hope ur pain will go off soon.

bubblepearl,

Yes i added u. I m Penny Tan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple,

I check with those TCM for maasage but they dun dare to help me do... they said muz wait till i m 5 mths preggie. That's a loooong wait. By then, i should b half paralysis le.

Thanks Val. Hope the pain will go off soon.

Val, I am sure ur appetite will come back very soon, actually I still hv nausea feeling on and off.

apple, I have not been drinking coffee since I knew I am preg because now I hate the coffee smell..

I went for facial on Tuesday, my beautician says that my complexion is not as good as when I am having #1.. hmmm does that mean I preg with a opp gender as my #1?

Melody, your #1 is boy or girl.

For me, my complexion is the same for both #1 and current..full of pimples..my colleague says my complexion now is very bad.

Hi Mummies,

Din log in for a few days cos busy w work. Thread moves too fast i gave up on old postings liao..

Apple> where u buy those water proof mattress protector? I was still using those small small rectangular protector that we usually just put underneath the new born buttocks when we change their diaper. It's usually part of those "diaper bag" if you know what i am saying. If got those bigger mattress protector will be good for toilet training...

Guess i am not conscientius enough to toilet train my girl. She is 2 yr old now and still using diaper, now even more difficult cos winter time and more cumbersome to toilet train her with her wearing so much more.

Penny> i am also very prone to lower back pain, and i belong to the taller category, so back problem is more prevalent. Maybe u can try putting on a small cushion to sit below your siting bones. It helps for me, and i constantly remind myself to sit straight or put a cushion behind my back to prop me up. Back pain will get worse as your tummy grows esp at the last mth, so better to take care of it earlier. i remmembered i seek Dr Adrian's ok to use "yuko yuko" during my last mth, cos my lower back and sitting bones are painful, and i sit down also pain. Even after delivery, my sitting bones are still painful whenever i sit down... last until 1-2 mths after that before i can sit comfortably again. My jamu massage lady told me it's because my big tummy pressing on my thigh muscles which are not strong/trained up enough to carry the wt of the baby over the mths, and the nerves are link to my sitting bones that's why i feel pain sitting down. So i am thinking of doing more exercise to train up my thigh muscles after my MS subsides. Really don't want to go through the "sit down also pain" episode again.

Val - u r welcome..hope he can help abit so make ur getaways more enjoyable. He ever get a family room for my colik, super big and comfy ler..envy envy

EnChine - I bought fr BP thread. If not mistaken, she got someone do it over in China and shipped to SG for her to sell ler..but buy the quilted type, material wise is better, but it costs slightly more compared to terry towel.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4739908.html

melody - I have been good for awhile..but today really can't resist on the coffee aroma..haha..so I bought Delifrance set meal :p comes with coffee.

hmm..so the saying of having pimples does not necessary means we will have a boy. Cause ppl says usually have girl, complexion is better.

My #1 is boy and my complexion is bad, now also bad. A lot of big pimples...made me dun dare to go for facial.

Wayne - my complexion was good when I had my girl..now my complexion quite bad, congested on forehead and chin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] dare not go facial yet..sure very painful during extraction..ouch!

melody - I heard ppl were saying a cup of coffee/tea a day is OK..but I try to avoid coz it might affect me sleeping at nite. Hopefully tonite I can sleep well, or else my hb gonna nag at me

Apple> wow if china got sell i should check it out. Maybe i should go into Taobao today and see see look look.

Wayne's mummy> i had a girl for my 1st one and my complexion is good after the MS subsides. For this one, still hard to say cos i think girl or boy also dun look good because of the morning sickness, which is making me very sian, tired, pukey, and no mood to look good. But one difference i noticed is i puke very much more this time than the 1st one. Some frens say if opp. gender will puke more wor.. cos the hormones are different, i also dun know whether to believe, though i sure hope i can have a boy boy this time. Not sure if other 2nd time mummies have same experience?

apple..nodz nodz, I dare not go facial..I still have 1 more last session but dare not book appt.

Enchine..if compare MS, i think this one slightly more than my #1. My mum ask me no need to guess cause last time when she is preggy, everyone says her #2 will be a boy because of sharp tummy etc..in the end is a girl..so she ask me not to believe myth, best is to confirm via scan....but sometimes we still like to guess lah...

apple> can pregnant liao go facial safe to do extraction meh? wouldn't that introduce germs etc into the extraction wounds?

Hello mummies,

Just did my scan on Tuesday and found out that I'm expecting a baby boy.

Just wanna check with mummies out there who have seen Dr Paul Tseng. I find him slightly rushing through and my appointment with him is very fast, less than 5 mins. But I've heard that he is very pro-natural and that's why I wanted to see him for a try.. (as I had c-sec for my first child).. Haiz, don't feel any "chemistry" with this gynae or maybe he's just like that and I shouldnt be so sensitive?

Everytime, it feels so fast and sometimes, I forgot some questions that I would like to ask him..

How do you girls find him? Thanks.

EnChine - I think can go facial bah..I did facial during preg with #1, no prob at all. Off course after extraction, my beautician will do anticeptic step before putting ampoulse + mask.

enxuan - congrats! Are you gonna try VBAC? What is your #1 age gap with #2? My gynae advised me to be on safe side, go for c-sec..he doesn't want me to go thru the trauma of internal wound tear and rush for emergency c-sec after trying natural.

wayne> haha. same like me last time. everybody also say my tummy shape look like boy, even after i confirm it's a girl.

Actually to share with other mummies, i think my MIL is looking forward to a boy this time. You know after i confirm my pregnancy, she asked my hubby to ask me whether i want to go and "qiu shen" to give me boy, and if i truly want and believe in it, we will need to go to the particular "shen"s house and do some ritual. My MIL very into "qiu shen" one... but i think about it, i am already pregnant and the gender already fixed by then, how to qiu shen? I mean, if my existing baby is destined to be a girl, and the god managed to changed it to a boy after the ritual..... isn't that very creepy? (if it's b4 i get pregnant then it's another thing). In the end i reject. Bo chup my MIL, if fate wants me to have another girl, i will gladly accept. She not happy i also bo bian. Actually, i do believe such things could happen, cos world is so big, and you read those HK tabloids so many news about those movie stars going fengshui or qiu shen kind of thing to change their fate, but i don't think i am in that kind of dire straits to resort to such means. I prefer to have peace of mind for my own life and my baby's life.

enxuan: congrats! You might wanna write down your questions before going in for the check up. I can imagine it being very rushed even though I'm not seen by him. My gynae is there too and it's always so crowded!

EnChine: it's really your comfort level... You dun have to do it if you're concerned abt it... Anyway, this time mine is likely to be a girl. I feel pressured to consider having another one just to try for a boy even though my MIL never say anything. I told my SIL that i felt like i let her parents down and she said I siao. What do you all think?

EnChine & Hannah - be it boy or girl, it is fated and god's gift to us. So long bb is healthy, that's what we want rite? To carry on family line or not, really so important?

Maybe I'm type of bo chap DIL, I live my life my way..I can't take nuisance comments fr inlaws, I think they know my character, so they also shut their mouth..haha Lucky my hb also bo chap type, he even worst, left ear in, right ear out..he don't even bother to tell my inlaw I'm preggie now. He said maybe later when close to CNY then tell them.

I'm lucky that I only see my inlaws on occasion :p so I'm like "guest" whenever I see them.

Penny,

mayb u can try to ask those malay massage lady oso and see if they have a limit hw many mths u can go for massage. personally i nv try pre-natal massage before.

for me is just sore and suan than pain la.

melody,

ya, me still having ms. at times i can finish my meal but most of the time cant. looking fwd to having my appetite back as i missed out alot of gd yummy food!

Enchine,

for my 1st one, no ms and v gd appetite right from the start. this 2nd one completely opp...but i havent know the gender yet so duno hw true it is abt if hormones are diff means diff gender coz diff preg are diff lo.

glad u decided to nt go for it even tho it may make ur MIL unhappy coz no pt if u r uncomfortable abt it

wayne_mummy,

i agree with u - its for the fun of guessing the gender. heehehe. lucky most of us will know if the next few weeks, can start to buy things esp post xmas sales =)

enxuan,

congras on knowing the gender. ur 1st is boy or gal?

hannah,

the gender of the baby nt determined by u wat. its determined by ur hb...so if u feel like u are letting them dwn, sldnt it be ur hb feeling tat way?

anyway, i believe genders are fated de..be it grandsons or granddaughters, they are part of the family so u dun have to feel u have let them dwn.

greenapple: My grandma was quite interesting. When I announced the possible gender of this one, my mum din say anything. It was my grandma who said, "it's ok, as long as baby healthy, easy to look, after good enough liao..." Then my mum chipped in the same things... Haha... I also dun stay w MIL and so maybe that's y our relationship is ok...

Va|: Ya i know. It's this in-built belief i have i guess... haha... i am siao afterall ya?? *wink*

hannah,

hahaha! mayb u are more sensitive to ur mil's feelings la, thus u feel tat way. if me, i cant be bothered. hahahah.

enchine, i went for facial just last wekk. shd be ok.

just no heavy massage and no use of current. For example, the beautican was gog to use current for the whitening treatment (i think for better absorption). Told her i was pregnant, so she use manual (hand) to massage the serum into the skin/face instead.

I think I am quite bad when my MIL talk to me yty. She ask how is my checkup on tuesday and I simply just say result not out yet without even looking at her...cause I dun want her to tell me she wish for a girl again...if I want to be bad...I should tell her my instinct tells me it is a boy again.

I dun hv any pressure from my MIL on the bb gender, to her bb gender not imp, cos she already has 7 grandsons and 4 granddaughters before I got my boy. However she wan me to hv more kids. I initially tot of stopping at one only but she keep nagging at me to give my boy a didi or meimei. Now I hv #2 I bet she would wan me to hv #3, but I am closing my factory liao...

cali, welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vv, welcome back... hope u enjoy yr holiday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello cali!

vv,

welcome back. looks like you have survived well in your holiday. dr yeoh did not give u a hint on the gender during the NT scan?

wayne'smummy,

how do u get you boy to be off diaper at night? i am just afraid the mattress will be all wet and gone!

penny,

i also went for my massage last weekend. i am in week 13 now. Just shoulders and back massage.

Enchine,

can the complexion be due to the weather? u must be very stress to deal with your MIL. then what does yr hubby say?

hannah,

dun feel sorry that you let your PIL down lah! its their son "fault" leh. we only provide the egss. its whichever sperm they shoot that can survive.. haha

most importantly, the bb must be healthy!

apple,

i also same as u, dun take nuisance from my MIL one. so they also dun want to say anything! haha! u are damn lucky to only see them on occasion. I have to go weekly. lucky now can use MS as excuse! so no need go!

melody,

your bb is so lucky to have a good mix of cousins to play with.

My SIL has 3 girls. So every sunday, my son will play dolls with 3 girls. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

winnedy, I observe for a period of time that his diaper is actually dry in the morning. So I decide to just let him finish up the last packet of diaper and now go diaperless.

Actually I quite lazy also, he is already 4, some ppl get their kids off diaper even much earlier.

Most impt is to ask him go toilet to pee before he sleep.

I also put waterproof mattress protector in case he accidently pee.

melody, it is so nice to have so many cousin and can play together.

My boy is the only grandson for both my hubby and my side. So he gets all the love and the attention now. And I envy those with a lot of cousins to play with.

wayne'smummy,

my son diaper is wet. i think 1 - 2 times of pee. this morning, he got nightmare. cos my hubby will scold him if he does not go to the potty. so this morning at 6am he say he want go potty. then my hubby told him pee in diaper which he got confused and end up he decided to go back to bed and pee in diaper.

where to buy waterproof mattress protector?

Back