(2011/05) May 2011

auroa : i would say why is your colleague so rude? what is there to laugh?

i even ask my hb wanted to try the BM on his coffee, he tried once & never wanted it again...

mudpie : if BB were to take FM instead of BM, BB will never wants to drink the BM again... based on my ex-colleagues' experience...

My current office don't have nursing room too! I have spoken to HR that I will use a small meeting room to express BM upon returning from ML.

My office toilet is kinda dirty and smell..coz the ventilation system not very good. I dare not pump inside there..furthermore I need electric plug for my pump.

Auroa: SO FUNNY!!! I can just imagine the poor man's face... so puzzled. =) There are all kinds of use for BM. Apparently, some enterprising mummy was making soap out of it.

BM taste: It was a little strange... But I guess babies won't have as much exposure as adults and it does give them the necessary nutrients... =)

RE: BM

actually i tasted my own BM before just to have a taste of wat my baby is drinking. fresh or chilled bm is slightly sweet and not much smell de.

if its thawed frozen BM then it will have a metallic taste. my boy dun take 100% thawed BM, must mixed with fresh or chilled bm in the portion of 80-20 then he ok

i used to stored alot of frozen bm but my boy cant finish, so i will use those expired one to soak my feet. the smell sucks!

my hb only dare to take a sip to test and other than tat he feels gross out with adult taking it. hahaha.

auroa,

ur dept colleagues v guo fen le...hw can say such things...

I'm super sleepy after my lunch [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'll be leaving at 4pm..got a conference call this evening. Counting down the time tick tock tick tock

hi ladies...wah today topic abt BM ah...

i remember in the past i got lots of excess and abt to expire so my mum will use it to soak her hands n feet and also add into her face mask...

suppose to be veli gd n moisturising woh....

as for tonices in BN, i always put korean ginseng or pao seng inside...nv try cordyceps before...but cordyceps is damn ex...my last confinement was also my mum who bought it...hengz

that 2 office collegues is either too young (maybe curious) and too old (old fashioned thinking as she did not BF during her times)... personal view is that if women who are not married/newly married and doesn't hve kids yet/above 45 yrs will find it very uneasy to see it and different reactions.. mostly negative remarks...

dolly, agree, althought later i told them that it's pretty normal for BF mummies to do it in the nursing rm and none of them got the "funny" look or remarks... next time when i hve last min meetings, i either ren till after the meeting or ren till i go and fetch my girl and latch her on (also to relase the "blocked ducts" too)....

I think now it is very common to see BF mummies in SG. Previously I ever bf my gal in restaurant with nursing cover too! If we go to western countries, sometimes u see bf mummies just latch on the bb without cover on the street..it is so common

apple,

yes, indeed bfeeding in public is catching up in sg.

if i have shawl, i can bfeed anywhere n everywhere. and this is usually wat i do. i just bring a shawl with me, anytime i wan to bfeed just find a lace to sit dwn can le, dun nd nursing room as sometimes nursing room still have to queue....

Hannah,

It's not me...I will move to Shanghai next year only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Val: u used to Bfing alreaady thats why can do it in public.. actually me too, anywhere also can as long as i can sit down.. hahaha. another good place to bf for new mummies who are uncomfy to do in public is the dressing room.. hahaha. now most dressing room has a chair. I remember when i first started Bfing, alwasy must go to nursing room cos a bit embarassed to Bf outside.

starfruit,

mayb my skin thick la..coz when i just started out bfeeding, i already did tat in public. hehehe. coz i feel so long as got shawl or nursing cover and i am properly covered its fine. aft all, i am doing something great for my kid! hehehe.

Re: Bird nest

I take BN since 1st trimester with my #1. Coz at that time I couldn't eat much only can drink sweet things. But now I even not yet start to drink any BN..so lazy.

This time when I was back my hometown, my hubby mumbling at me coz I was not order BN from my aunty who has a BN farm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

It is also raining at my office area..pray hard that the rain will stop around 4pm..I wanna leave office at 4pm so I can take my conference call back home.

LOL....apple u gg home so early...hw nice...

i stil hv another almost 2hrs more to go...sian...haha

hw i wish nw thur & fri im on lv...kekekeek

d thread so quiet now...anyone having tea break?

Hi Hannah

Can include me in the list too?

Name: Oshiezan

DD: 6 May 2011

Gynae: Dr Aziz

Hosp: Parkway East

BB#: 2

BB Gender: Male

Thanks. ;)

mudppie,

outside raining...so i am in hibernating mode. hahaha. 30mins to knock off =P

oshiezan,

welcome =) so fast u oso know the gender le =)

welcome oshiezan...

re: BF in public...i use to do that when i bring my ger out as well, just use a nursing cover.... so much easier and dun have to bring any milk btls or express milk or hot water... :p

dolly,

wah! ur appetite is gd!

i feels like having curry fish head but got fish...i am worried abt the fish smell n taste =/

LOL..dolly ur apetite gd leh...haha....

Val, i oso feel like having curry fish..but outside fish head sometimes got a ver fishy smell...so hv to 'ren' duno when then can start to eat again...heeee

oshiezan, welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pasir ris raininig heavily now... need to close windows liao...

I'm back home..

Mudpie - I need to take conference call at 5.30pm..so boss allow me to leave early so I take it fr home, or else wait till end of the conference call, the traffic back home will be horrible jam.

wow dolly..ur appetite good ler

I noticed I cannot eat until 100% full, or else the after effect is kinda feel like vomit.

welcome oshiezan

hannah: cold weather some soupy stuff?

hehe

dolly, true lah..haha...when i go out with hb eat ckn rice or ckn noodle..i oso order 1/2 ckn..LOL we both eat alot..whahaha

Hi Hannah

Can include me in the list too please. Details as follows:

Name: CALI

EDD: 26 May 2011

Gynae: Dr Choo Wan Ling

Hospital: TMC

BB#: 2

BB Gender: -

Thanks.

Welcome carli n Oshi

Happy PH mummies.

I am still packing my luggage! Gosh so much stuff n cos i am easily exhausted so packing process extremely slow. Cant bend down too much if not will feel pukey.

Welcome CALI

Starfruit - do it slowly or get hb to help u pack in the luggage. U bring ur gal that's y more things to pack..btw HK is quite chill my fren is having holiday there but falling ill. Make sure u bring some medi to stand by.

Back