(2011/05) May 2011

Hi, I have 2 tubes of brand new Palmer's Cocoa butter (organic) for sale. Bought them in August. I have been using another bottle for 3 months and has no stretch marks at all.

Letting go at $25 per tube. Meet up possible at Pasir Ris or Tampines MRT stations. Email me [email protected] if keen. Thanks.

Is any mummies finding ur boobies getting bigger suddenly & nipples rather sensitive? Suddenly i feel like a B to C cup hmm...also appetite is good but still csnt eat a lot at one shot, like tummy being blocked....

Hello Everyone!!!!!

I am BACK!!!

How's everyone? I did not read the previous posts. Any special happenings?

Good morning..yes! 1 day to Friday..hoo hoo

Welcome back vv, hope u enjoy ur trip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I'm off today..going to gynae clinic for blood test later.

Morning ladies!!!

Welcome back vv, how is your trip??

Starfruit, enjoy your trip.

Went for Oscar on tueday, but result not out yet, hope everything will be good. So far during the scan, sonographer says baby's neck is within healthy range but need to know the blood test results in order to conclude...crossing my fingers..

Still cannot see baby gender yet, gynae says next checkup will know..

Hello Apple/Dolly/Wayne

Trip ok, tiring to bring a little one to holiday to be honest. Next trip, has to re-consider if to bring kids along unless if to "kids-friendly country".. Hee.

Mummies, the only thing I realised about Taipei is you seldom can find kids along the streets, trains, MRT... According to the hotel manager, he said birth rate is extremely LOW in Taipei...

Starfruit

Remember not to bend too much yeah. And when is your flight?

Wayne

How many weeks u in now?

vv : it's true.. have experienced it when we brought our little one to europe & it's not "bb friendly". it's really exhausting, but luckily we brought our mum along to take care of her..

so where did you go @ taipei?

vv, I am week 13 today. Next checkup is 4 weeks later, still so long..

I read somewhere that Taipei birth rate is really low.

Did you bring your gal to farm? They have nice animal cum flower farm there.

vv, Taipei quite bb friendly rite? I brought my gal to TW a few times during my hb biz trip, remembered Taipei, kaoshiung were alright..taichung abit not that convenient.

Oh yes lately news keep reporting low birth rates in TW.

Agreed with dolly, EU sux..not bb friendly at all.

Actually HK also not bb friendly..if u look at the MTR stn, the stairs make me sick..what to say gotta carry bb or bb pram

Dolly/Apple/Wayne

I also brought my mom along, thought we all can share the "load" to look after my boy. In the end, its my hubby whom ended up looking after him. Throughout the whole journey, he seems to me like a nanny. I feel very gulity but yet, he seems to be "enjoying" it and able to control my boy well. Haz... For me, I get agitated easily so he prefers to take over my duty. My mom ended up "complaining" saying my boy very cranky la, blah blah. So I stopped to wonder if bringing my mom along is also a wrong choice, cos its an "additional" job to look after my mom's needs as well. ***Sigh***

Overall its a good experience as I know next time cannot bring toddlers to holidays unless really bo bian.... I think ideal age to bring kids to holiday will be age of 7 yrs old onwards (studying pri 1 onwards).... And hahahahaaa, bringing Mom along also may not be a good choice (thought can help to jaga but in the end, jaga my mom more)... :-(

I went to fisherman's wharf, taiwan storyland, minature world, jiufen. The rest I didnt cover cos alot of walking and I cant walk too much.. I felt pressure near the V area during the trip and quickly find place to sit around and rest.

Food wise, ok la. In fact, hubby & I find time in the night to walk around the taipei main station streets, find more delicious food instead - than shihlin.

Apple

Taiwan is not exactly bb friendly cos also alot of stairs. U hardly can find kids, so the pple there are not fantasized by kids. Its not easy to find kids stuff as well. Alot of stairs also. I thought Europe will be bb friendly?

HK is just like Taiwan. Same. Life seems hectic there. So not suitable for kids.

Wayne

I didnt go farm, the season was tomato or sth. So I skipped that.. Heeheee...

Bubble

Yes!!! I agree! So many dogs around and they regard the dogs like their babies in fact. They seem to spend alot on their dogs, nice prams for doggy, nice bags to put their small dogs in.

morning ladies. =) hw was the ph yest?

vv,

welcome back. hehehe. bringing a kid along for holiday is like tat de. Hope all of u had fun altho tiring. hehehe.

apple,

i think jap equally nt as baby friendly as ppl thot. alot of steps to climb too. thus i guess tats why partially oso u seldom see obsese japanese. coz too much walking n climbing, nt to mention their healthy diet la. hhehe.

Hannah

Actually packing is ok and to me, its not about whether they will rem. Packing for little ones clothes, cos their clothes are small, and didnt occupy much space. And when u travel with young kids, priority is always given when check-in, going through customs, boarding.. etc at airport. I feel tat its saves a lot of time.

Haz, it all depends on our little ones if they are "easy to handle" bo..

I got a fren, whom boy is very kwai. She has been lucky I feel. Cos she has been travelling to & fro Sweden cos her hubby is a swedish. Her boy seldom cry or be cranky since newborn till now 5 years. It has always been a breeze for her to bring him along to travel back to Sweden and to Singapore, and even sometimes for holiday trips. As long as he has a toy in his hand, he is fine.

vv: Wow... ya, agree that your fren's boy is very guai... my girl ah... sigh... cannot stop running ard. I don't think i can really stuff so many biscuits and other foods to keep her occupied for a few hours... hahahaha...

Hannah

I also thought sweets & biscuits can satisfy my boy over there.. But in the end, he kept asking for more and gets bored, trying to tell me weird stuffs which I do not understand... Haz.

Hannah, hahaha...^5! My hb thinks the same way too..haiz..my boy dun even have a passport of his own and now coming 2 yr old.

vv, ya lor, that time we were so surprise while walking on the main street of taipei and most pple are carrying their dogs or strolling their dogs in strollers. did u go wufenpu? they sell lots of nice nice kids clothings! too bad that time i go was in winter and they are all selling winter clothings

Val: I nap for 3 hrs! after tat, i bring my boi back home to pack my place since hb coming back home on sun nite and he help me setup my X'mas tree! Ytd was also a milestone for him, as he was having nappy rashes, thus we decide to toilet train his wee wee and he did v well!

vv, then I count myself lucky..my girl has been expose to traveling overseas since young like 8 months old coz that time I sahm, whenever my hb go on biz trip, places I am interested I'll tag along..my gal has been good n easy on flight journey. I just latch her during take off n landing while she was still young..thereafter I just occupied her with sq kids entertainment or pap..now she upgraded to iPad! With all these stuffs she can go on journey for as long as 9hrs n sleep in between.

That's y my colleagues keep asking me y am I so brave to bring my gal alone on flight to meet my hb..haha..and also our family vacations. Maybe she is well exposed that's y I don't see a prob traveling with kiddo..but nxt yr is a challenge for me coz lugging 2 is no joke!

Anyway family vacation is happy moment..u will enjoy n look thru pic even though the trip might be too taxing n u grumble during..yet bet u..u will still plan for next haha

vv: At least your boy just asks your questions wor... Mine is running ard non-stop one lor... Oh well, will just wait till she grows up a little more together with the little mei mei. =)

bubble pearl: Well, I will probably consider making a passport for my girl once she's 3 or 4 years old. That's prob when we'll go overseas together i think...

greenapple: Wah.... You are really li hai... It's also a good thing you all travel regularly and she knows what to expect. My girl is too garang. Probably will disturb everyone on the plane...

Bubble

Yeah. And their dogs are so adorable. I believe they must hv spent alot on the grooming part... The stroller looks more expensive than our baby stroller though.

Apple

Yap, u are just like my fren. Probably cos your little one has been exposed to travelling since young. So its no problem for her. Haz, this trip was my boy's maiden trip. The last I can remember is, he just stood on the chair (in the plane) and call out for my mom... I was like, urgh..... rather embaressed. He wasnt impressed with SQ entertainment pack nor goodie pack... Haz....

My hubby warned me to think twice next time esp with 2.... like u say, gonna be challenging..

Hannah

Hahaaa, my boy wanted to run about in the plane but I stopped him with some other things.. Had quite a hard time though.

I think next trip will be when #2 is about 5 yrs old. ***more stable*** by then, my boy already 9 yrs old. 3-4 yrs old, I scared leh... like this trip.

bubble pearl,

great u manage to get some rest during the ph =)

so nice of ur boy to help u put up the xmas tree =)

u must be looking fwd to ur hb's return. i always look fwd to his return whenever he is overseas for trip =)

Congras ur boy is ready for toilet training =) mine still in the process of toilet training. hahaha.

apple,

actually i worry most abt the trip is on the flight. the rest i am ok. so far, my boy has been pretty well behaved on flight. while the plane is taxi-ing, he already fell aslp and slp thro the entire flights for all our overseas trip. He only fuss for milk and other than tat, he will be slpping. hehehe.

hannah,

dun worry she will disturb other passengers. pack some of her fav books/toys/games etc and keep her occupied or distracted will do the tricks =)

Val, Hannah, bubble pearl, ever since I brought my boy to KL in Aug, I swear i won't bring him to more trips until he is 5 yrs and older.

I brought my parents with me and they help to look after him but still chaotic. My sis and bil also went. Imagine 6 adults looking after 1 boy..really made me vomit blood throughout the 3 days.

apple, you are lucky...my cousin's kids also very guai. 1 toy can entertain them throught the whole journey. And it is a simple toy, not electronic stuff like ipad, iphone...

vv: Maybe hor... that might not be such a bad idea... =)

Va|: Well... let's just say that I attended a wedding luncheon last Sunday and it was not pretty... You have no idea how much trouble me and hubby had to prevent her from rushing up the stage even though i brought loads of her favorite things to try to occupy her... Imagine, her fav biscuit stars, bread, a puzzle, finger puppets, 2 fav books, star stickers, etc... Not interesting enough for her. Haiz... My curious and active girl...

wayne_mummy,

so far we brought him overseas on our own as my parents dun like to travel. Although tiring as only 2 adults to do rotation but oso gd as if u bring parents along, u oso have to look aft them and make sure they are looked aft and feel comfortable as well.

for the flights, its easy for me and oso i prepared all his fav stuffs, wrapped up..so in case he dun slp, i still have things to distracted him.

i think, mayb my boy oso another easy kid?!?! Think he behaves better overseas than in sg! mayb coz he knows he is in a foreign land?!?!

hannah,

hahaha! kids are like tat de. whenever i bring my boy to wedding events, the 1st thing he likes to do is run ard, up the stage, go to the wedding cake etc etc. So we just let him be, only thing is we follow him closely and make sure he dun hurt him or destroy the deco or cake! hehehe. if u cant beat them, join them! =P

Wayne

I agree totally with you! I honestly dun understand why but hubby explained to me say, little ones get bored easily esp like ours... We gotta scold him, cane him so many times during this trip. Its definitely a lesson learnt. Haz.

Hannah

Yeah. How I also wish my boy can be fantasized with just one same toy.

Val

Heehee, u so cute. Join them, I think I will vomit more blood cos my boy very crazy de...

Va|: Ya lor.. we just follow closely... Boh bianz... the stuff that kids are made of... hahahaha... and we still want to have them! Bummer.

Wayne, that bad ah.

Val, keke, he coming 2 yr old liao leh, i just starting him toilet training.

Hannah, i think we will only make passport for him when he coming 4..cos that time his sibling will be 2 liao.

Anyway, anyone want to get chocolate eclairs? i thought of ordering from amosco

Hannah: Thanks for the update on the list.

Ladies: Thanks for the welcome. ;)

Val: I got to know abt the bb's gender when I was 3mths. We can see the 'bird' already. ;p

vv,

no choice coz my boy is v active de. cant keep him seated for many hrs if he is awake lo. So if he wanna run ard, just let him run so long as there is 1 adult following him n making sure he is safe.

For example, last sat i went for wedding dinner. He run and run and got to "befriend" 1 kor kor n 1 jie jie. he was so happy he got playmates. so the 3 of them playing ard the entire room n stage. So we just follow behind and let the 3 of them play tog. Can see my boy really had a fun time lo. And oso i am glad the 2 elder kids help to keep a lookout for him for example when going up the stairs at the stage, they will hold his hands etc etc.

Val, my parents are ok. They are very good, help me to look after my boy. We take turns to go massage. Just that my boy is super mischevious and active.

vv, my boy refuse to let me hold his hand, always want to walk on his own and we have to keep a lookout for him at all times. And i think Malaysia, no matter wat, still a bit dangerous. I brought him there when he is 17 months and 3.5 yrs old, the first time I have to strap him with a bag, like a dog..so embarassing..

But then on flight, he is still ok cause only 45min, easy to entertain, I dare not bring him too far away.

hannah,

hahaha. put it this way la, i guess i rather my kids be active and play ard than be super kuai =P

Hahaha. ya, altho kids drive us nuts at time but we still wanna have them! hehehe. the joys and fun the kids bring to our life is diff frm the joys n fun we had before they came along =)

bubble pearl,

its a gd age to start la. my boy 2.5yrs old but he is still nt fully toilet trained lo. he happy he will tell us he wanna pee and wan to do it at the toilet bowl...else he will just take out his diapers, pee on the flr n then tell us he peed! hahaha.

oshiezan,

boy easier to know the gender. hehehe. at least for my 1st preg, by nw i already know the gender liao. hehehe.

Hannah, yes..my family, cousins and friends all know my boy pattern..and they will console me by saying active children better than those quiet "gong gong" ones...

Val

Sounds nice eh. Understand what u meant.

Talk about wedding dinner. My Fil's birthday dinner this Sun, si beh sian cos need to bring my boy along and surely gonna create "chaotic" situations again. Haz... Dunno if I should bring my maid along or not to cos the maid cannot control him at all.

Oshiezan

Welcome!!

So fast can see birdie liao.. Heee...

Am going for appt tomorrow; gonna see the gender at the same time, so excited.. hope my wish will come true.

wayne_mummy,

gd ur parents still can help out. i know my parents can help to look aft him, just tat i feel they will get tired easier than us "youngsters" lo. so gd n bad my parents dun wanna tag along for our holidays.

talking abt toilet train...my boy finally off diaper totally even for night..He has not been peeing in the middle of the night for the past few months but I still worried so continue to let him wear diapers..until last 2 weeks..the diaper finish and I decided to just let him sleep without it and so far never pee on his bed.

And my hubby manage to trick him sleep in his own room everyday now instead of 4 times a week...think when the baby is born, he can sleep on his own liao.

Val/Wayne

I think my mom wouldnt want to tag along on the next trip with me anymore unless my kids already older. Hahahahaaaaa

Val

Your boy so cute. Mine is 3.5 yrs old. So far, I realised he doesnt like to wear his diapers after he peed on it (when outdoors).

hellooo everyone...

yoyo..welcome back...hahaha

wayne, dun worry.everything's gonna b alrite...everytime i m worried, hb will say law of attraction works..LOL.so tink positive..it will work...hehe

vv,

ask ur hb to look aft ur boy and run aft him then u can sit dwn n relax! hahaha.

Keep us updated on the gender! I cant wait for my turn =)

hahaha. sometimes i duno to laff or "cry" when he told us he peed, on the flr. =P

wayne_mummy,

tats gd! u can save on the cost of diapers le! hehehe.

I doubt anytime soon my boy can slp on his own bed, lest in his own room!

Mudpie

Thank you!!! I feel so sian when back to Office leh. I rather nua at home.

Whats for lunch later, Mummies?

Val

It will also take some time for my boy to be off diaper in the night. A few times, he refused to wear before sleep. Maybe I will try to take tis opportunity to tell him to wake up to go toilet.

vv,

2 more wk days to weekend. hang on =)

37days to xmas =)

i think i will have soup based for lunch...no appetite today...

Ya, since he dun wanna wear before slp then can ask him to wake up to pee at nite. just tat more tiring for u as u need to get up too...and in case of "accident", u have to change the bedsheets in the middle of the nite. cant avoid all these..my turn will come =P

Val, yes, save some $$ on diaper to get ready for next yr..lol..will spend more cause newborn diaper more ex..

mudpie, i hope so cause i plan to travel in 2012, hopefully if he is good, will bring him to Japan.

Toilet training: my 19mths girl has started pointing to the toilet and saying shh shh. She'll also tell us when she pees on the floor and not move around. Are these signs of readiness for toilet training?

Back